Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22324
Zakar wrote:
I reckon we get half the team and the coaches steamed, so they miss their plane. Then we say, 'hey bros, we've only got 10 blokes can you lend us a few of yours? Otherwise we'll just got down to the pub.'

f**king master plan that is.


Touring, those are almost always the best games and even better after-matches. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 44901
Sensible Stephen wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
Sensible Stephen wrote:
Flockwitt wrote:
This is where there's about 51 players going over in the extended squad right?


WTF. You guys going to play a completely different 15 in every match or what?


There will be a bunch of players in the squad for the Japan match that you will likely never have heard of.


I don't know, i watched most NZ super rugby games, unless you pick dudes from your Mitre 10 cup or whatever.


So, a squad of 32 players will come to Japan and the team to play the Wallabies will be from this squad. 22 of these players will head to the UK after the match and 18~19 players will come to Japan from NZ, post the Mitre 10 final, and the team to play Japan will be picked from the 28~29 squad. The 10 players from the initial squad 32 who stayed in Japan will then fly to the UK and the rest will head home.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22324
Coles got through 15 minutes of play for Wellington and looked pretty good while he was at it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22590
Location: STRAYA PLUM
Look at New Zealand with money to fly in multiple players instead of just pay a couple ridiculous sums then plead poor for everything else.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24583
Location: Middle East
Farva wrote:
Look at New Zealand with money to fly in multiple players instead of just pay a couple ridiculous sums then plead poor for everything else.


I just assumed we got the opposition to pay for the privilege of facing the ABs C team.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14856
Location: Melbourne
Turbogoat wrote:
Farva wrote:
Look at New Zealand with money to fly in multiple players instead of just pay a couple ridiculous sums then plead poor for everything else.


I just assumed we got the opposition to pay for the privilege of facing the ABs C team.


That's it. Hilarious how the opposition teams play it cool and insist they get great crowds for any test match.

50% for any other team.

75-100% for the All Blacks.

Sounds arrogant but it's the power of the brand.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14583
Location: XPAT CUNT
jdogscoop wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Farva wrote:
Look at New Zealand with money to fly in multiple players instead of just pay a couple ridiculous sums then plead poor for everything else.


I just assumed we got the opposition to pay for the privilege of facing the ABs C team.


That's it. Hilarious how the opposition teams play it cool and insist they get great crowds for any test match.

50% for any other team.

75-100% for the All Blacks.

Sounds arrogant but it's the power of the brand.


What now? Probably true for Australia, not for anyone else.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:20 pm
Posts: 5114
Location: Lutra
jdogscoop wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Farva wrote:
Look at New Zealand with money to fly in multiple players instead of just pay a couple ridiculous sums then plead poor for everything else.


I just assumed we got the opposition to pay for the privilege of facing the ABs C team.


That's it. Hilarious how the opposition teams play it cool and insist they get great crowds for any test match.

50% for any other team.

75-100% for the All Blacks.

Sounds arrogant but it's the power of the brand.


Here we go. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5825
Heard Hansen say he’s flying 19 players over after the mitre 10 cup to join the squad in Japan..seems like an expensive way to build depth but anyway

Then 22 of the top players head off after the aussie game to lensbury for preparation and PR before the England game

So basically the ab side to play Japan will be some weaker composite side


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 167
Zakar wrote:
jdogscoop wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Farva wrote:
Look at New Zealand with money to fly in multiple players instead of just pay a couple ridiculous sums then plead poor for everything else.


I just assumed we got the opposition to pay for the privilege of facing the ABs C team.


That's it. Hilarious how the opposition teams play it cool and insist they get great crowds for any test match.

50% for any other team.

75-100% for the All Blacks.

Sounds arrogant but it's the power of the brand.


What now? Probably true for Australia, not for anyone else.

Don't know Zakar, I think you will probably find that is the case in places like Italy, USA etc etc too, as you say England etc will probably sell out Twickenham regardless, but if you look at a lot of other places it makes a huge difference who their team is playing. Even SA, Argentina look at difference in crowds when they play Wallabies to when they play ABs, it just a fact of life not saying ABs better or anything, but the brand is a drawcard.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35144
Location: Queensland
I remember Toga repeatedly boasting that the RFU can draw the same sized crowd at Twickenham, and charge exactly the same ticket prices, regardless of whether England are playing Romania, Uruguay or the All Blacks. What a luxury for the English!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:09 am
Posts: 1860
Ali's Choice wrote:
I remember Toga repeatedly boasting that the RFU can draw the same sized crowd at Twickenham, and charge exactly the same ticket prices, regardless of whether England are playing Romania, Uruguay or the All Blacks. What a luxury for the English!

And then the English newspapers ruined it for him by coming out with articles that stated Eng v AB at Twickenham 2015 (the last time they met) will be the RFU's biggest payday ever.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugby ... clash.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35144
Location: Queensland
Waka Nathan wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
I remember Toga repeatedly boasting that the RFU can draw the same sized crowd at Twickenham, and charge exactly the same ticket prices, regardless of whether England are playing Romania, Uruguay or the All Blacks. What a luxury for the English!

And then the English newspapers ruined it for him by coming out with articles that stated Eng v AB at Twickenham 2015 (the last time they met) will be the RFU's biggest payday ever.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugby ... clash.html


No but Toga assured us! Repeatedly. It was his argument against any form of revenue sharing, even for tests that fell outside WR's test window. According to Toga the RFU earns just as much at Twickenham from playing Namibia as they would playing the All Blacks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5651
Ali's Choice wrote:
Waka Nathan wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
I remember Toga repeatedly boasting that the RFU can draw the same sized crowd at Twickenham, and charge exactly the same ticket prices, regardless of whether England are playing Romania, Uruguay or the All Blacks. What a luxury for the English!

And then the English newspapers ruined it for him by coming out with articles that stated Eng v AB at Twickenham 2015 (the last time they met) will be the RFU's biggest payday ever.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugby ... clash.html


No but Toga assured us! Repeatedly. It was his argument against any form of revenue sharing, even for tests that fell outside WR's test window. According to Toga the RFU earns just as much at Twickenham from playing Namibia as they would playing the All Blacks.


Well obviously they save a lot of money by asking the Nambian team to bring their own cut lunch....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19955
Ted. wrote:
Coles got through 15 minutes of play for Wellington and looked pretty good while he was at it.


Good news. I hope they don't rush him back too soon, and let him naturally progress in minutes played, etc.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6138
Location: Te Ika a Maui
Ali's Choice wrote:
I remember Toga repeatedly boasting that the RFU can draw the same sized crowd at Twickenham, and charge exactly the same ticket prices, regardless of whether England are playing Romania, Uruguay or the All Blacks. What a luxury for the English!

Especially when the RFU has said they could sell this year's AB test twenty times over.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:20 pm
Posts: 5114
Location: Lutra
I see Lukhan Tui has decided to be unavailable for the EOYT. It may give others a chance to jump ahead of him for the RWC. Maybe Luke Jones gets his spot on tour?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8429
Location: 14th worst Mod ever Enz promoted me.
so this is on same time as the NPC final?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 44901
blackblackblack wrote:
so this is on same time as the NPC final?


The NPC final starts at 4PM and this at 7PM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8429
Location: 14th worst Mod ever Enz promoted me.
Kiwias wrote:
blackblackblack wrote:
so this is on same time as the NPC final?


The NPC final starts at 4PM and this at 7PM

:thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14583
Location: XPAT CUNT
Olo wrote:
I see Lukhan Tui has decided to be unavailable for the EOYT. It may give others a chance to jump ahead of him for the RWC. Maybe Luke Jones gets his spot on tour?


Jones or Dempsey IMO.

That or give Cottrell a go.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 14734
Question 1:
29 fly to Japan. Another 19 fly over the week after. 22 fly to Europe. How many All Blacks are left in Japan?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 44901
CrazyIslander wrote:
Question 1:
29 fly to Japan. Another 19 fly over the week after. 22 fly to Europe. How many All Blacks are left in Japan?


a squad of 32 players will come to Japan and the team to play the Wallabies will be from this squad. 22 of these players will head to the UK after the match and 18~19 players will come to Japan from NZ, post the Mitre 10 final, and the team to play Japan will be picked from the 28~29 squad. The 10 players from the initial squad 32 who stayed in Japan will then fly to the UK and the rest will head home.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 14734
Kiwias wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
Question 1:
29 fly to Japan. Another 19 fly over the week after. 22 fly to Europe. How many All Blacks are left in Japan?


a squad of 32 players will come to Japan and the team to play the Wallabies will be from this squad. 22 of these players will head to the UK after the match and 18~19 players will come to Japan from NZ, post the Mitre 10 final, and the team to play Japan will be picked from the 28~29 squad. The 10 players from the initial squad 32 who stayed in Japan will then fly to the UK and the rest will head home.

So the Mitre 10 guys won't even get to hang out with Beaudy and Brodie and co. How disappointing, I bet they won't even get to keep the jerseys.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35144
Location: Queensland
This test is happening in 6 days mofos. Let's start chatting about it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14856
Location: Melbourne
Ali's Choice wrote:
This test is happening in 6 days mofos. Let's start chatting about it.


The ABs seem to struggle to win these third test dead rubbers against the Wallabies. I might have to invest.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:20 pm
Posts: 5114
Location: Lutra
Could be ugly for the Wallabies............


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 44901
So far, about half the tickets have been sold and Yokohama City has started distributing free tickets to people they think may be interested.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8963
How’s the Japanese game going ?

Kovana mode


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35144
Location: Queensland
eugenius wrote:
How’s the Japanese game going ?

Kovana mode


Well there are enough former All Blacks in Japan, as well as imports from other nations, you'd have to think the standard was pretty high. Or at least getting higher.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14583
Location: XPAT CUNT
As much as I'd love us to win, I worry about the false hope that would bring. :?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35144
Location: Queensland
Zakar wrote:
As much as I'd love us to win, I worry about the false hope that would bring. :?


Surely the current Wallaby squad, and Rugby Australia, would both benefit immensely from a win against the AB's? You guys beat the Springboks this year, and they beat us, so you'd have to think a win is possible. Moreover the AB's don't do 'dead rubber' tests really well.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 44901
eugenius wrote:
How’s the Japanese game going ?

Kovana mode


Last reports were that it too is only half-sold, but there is an extra week for this one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:20 pm
Posts: 5114
Location: Lutra
Hodge and Cottrell both out injured apparently. Hodge our for the whole tour.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:04 am
Posts: 5622
Olo wrote:
Hodge and Cottrell both out injured apparently. Hodge our for the whole tour.


There is a god....now cheika will be forced to "think" instead of just putting a player at 13 that is NOT a 13..time for JP to step up (barring injury next weekend)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 925
comets wrote:
Olo wrote:
Hodge and Cottrell both out injured apparently. Hodge our for the whole tour.


There is a god....now cheika will be forced to "think" instead of just putting a player at 13 that is NOT a 13..time for JP to step up (barring injury next weekend)


Right on, Comets. Hodge out; Jordan Petaia, come on down!

Now we'll see if the Ozselectors are willing to show real daring, or just shuffle an old pack of cards.

With a growing list of people out, this is a great opportunity for development towards the future: eg players like Banks, JP, Tupou, and Dempsey. Also would like to see Conroy coming off the bench. Odd to see the Hobbitlanders repeatedly referring to the as-yet-unknown NZ team as 'the ABs' C team' - the only sense that could be made of this would seem to be that they regard any All Blacks team as a C-team? Their minds certainly move in mysterious ways.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 14734
Zakar wrote:
As much as I'd love us to win, I worry about the false hope that would bring. :?

:lol: We don't have the luxury of choosing how our Bledisloe victories come.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35144
Location: Queensland
mightyreds wrote:
With a growing list of people out, this is a great opportunity for development towards the future: eg players like Banks, JP, Tupou, and Dempsey. Also would like to see Conroy coming off the bench. Odd to see the Hobbitlanders repeatedly referring to the as-yet-unknown NZ team as 'the ABs' C team' - the only sense that could be made of this would seem to be that they regard any All Blacks team as a C-team? Their minds certainly move in mysterious ways.


Dumb post. Hansen will select our strongest available team. I haven't seen a single reference to a "C team" across any rugby forum or site. I can only assume you're delusional or you're just making shit up?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5651
mightyreds wrote:
comets wrote:
Olo wrote:
Hodge and Cottrell both out injured apparently. Hodge our for the whole tour.


There is a god....now cheika will be forced to "think" instead of just putting a player at 13 that is NOT a 13..time for JP to step up (barring injury next weekend)


Right on, Comets. Hodge out; Jordan Petaia, come on down!

Now we'll see if the Ozselectors are willing to show real daring, or just shuffle an old pack of cards.

With a growing list of people out, this is a great opportunity for development towards the future: eg players like Banks, JP, Tupou, and Dempsey. Also would like to see Conroy coming off the bench. Odd to see the Hobbitlanders repeatedly referring to the as-yet-unknown NZ team as 'the ABs' C team' - the only sense that could be made of this would seem to be that they regard any All Blacks team as a C-team? Their minds certainly move in mysterious ways.


The C team will be the team who front up against Japan. It will actually be a B/C combination.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14583
Location: XPAT CUNT
Ali's Choice wrote:
Zakar wrote:
As much as I'd love us to win, I worry about the false hope that would bring. :?


Surely the current Wallaby squad, and Rugby Australia, would both benefit immensely from a win against the AB's? You guys beat the Springboks this year, and they beat us, so you'd have to think a win is possible. Moreover the AB's don't do 'dead rubber' tests really well.


Of course I'd love to win. It would be great.

But with a modicum of respect, you support Canterbury, the Crusaders and All Blacks. That's the easy mode being a rugby fan. You don't understand what it's like to have your hopes raised every season, just to have them dashed on the rocks. It's bad for the soul.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Jeff the Bear, Rinkals, UncleFB, Working Class Rugger and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group