Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 889 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16533
Location: STRAYA PLUM
Reece Hodge out of the spring tour with a broken ankle.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 17256
Farva wrote:
Reece Hodge out of the spring tour with a broken ankle.

Yeah. Olo was saying..
Olo wrote:
Hodge and Cottrell both out injured apparently. Hodge our for the whole tour.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15524
Location: Haunting your dreams
Shame to lose Hodge. Other than DHP, he was our best outside back in TRC. Jury is out if 13 is his best possie, but he was good there all RC without being outstanding. Not bad since he hasn't had a lot of time there on attack.

That said, I'm excited to see JP in gold. He oozes class.

Shame for Cotties, thought he'd get his first cap off the bench Vs the ABs.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 17256
I would have Hodge as the long term 13. If TK or Kerevi are good enough they can force their way in but I think Hodge have more potential to grow into the role. We really should be using his line kicking more especially from penalties.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:04 am
Posts: 8839
said it multiple times, hodge is NOT a 13, he is only in the team because he can kick 70m, fullstop. Rebels should have developed him as a 10 but that won't be happening it seems ..13 is open right now, Will cheika go LOCO and put Kerevi there (it could work if kerevi gets his fitness up) or go fora safe option and put Folau there (also can work but Folau seems to hate playing there) or go on attack mode and put Naivalu there (he has proven to be ok at 13 with the rebs) or will think outside the box and in the long run and put JP there... Chieks has 4 options, wonder what he will do... as it stands, Kerevi looks like the obvious choice (cheika is a open book)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:20 pm
Posts: 5419
Location: Lutra
What about TK? He has been the best 13 recently.
I would stick Petaia in there ASAP and develop him with TK as the back up.

Kerevi on the bench to cover 12 for now


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:04 am
Posts: 8839
Olo wrote:
What about TK? He has been the best 13 recently.
I would stick Petaia in there ASAP and develop him with TK as the back up.

Kerevi on the bench to cover 12 for now


Tk still injured, won't be back before December unless cheika speeds up his process..funny the village TK is from is the same village where Naholo went to get healed fora broken bone in 6 weeks, not sure why he hasn't sough that witch doctor yet..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3388
Comfrey (what Naholo got stuck into) doesn't work on muscles, just bones.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1479
Btw, my lobbying for Petaia isn't a criticism of Hodge - he has done everything that could be asked of him, as Zakar (and, I think, Olo) have said. He's a great utility back, while Petaia is a classic 13, so I am in favour of Hodge on the bench, as he can step into any position and fill it with distinction, as the need arises.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24823
If the AB's lose to a 7th ranked team, does Ireland become #1?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6849
Location: Madrid
That's shame for Hodge and big blow for the Wobs tour.

Really hoping RMo gets a start for this game with BB at 15 and Dmac on the bench. :o


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5412
RMo will get the slot against Japan.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5412
RMo will get the slot against Japan.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6849
Location: Madrid
obelixtim wrote:
RMo will get the slot against Japan.


You don't think RMo has jumped Dmac in the 10 pecking order? DMac is still 10 cover and hasn't played the for god knows how long, since the French test he started? I would've thought he'd be there for the Japan game, RMo is going to be a massive part to any possible success on the EOYT. (IMHO)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5412
Toro wrote:
obelixtim wrote:
RMo will get the slot against Japan.


You don't think RMo has jumped Dmac in the 10 pecking order? DMac is still 10 cover and hasn't played the for god knows how long, since the French test he started? I would've thought he'd be there for the Japan game, RMo is going to be a massive part to any possible success on the EOYT. (IMHO)


Nah, Shag will stick with BB at 10 for the Wobs, with DMac as supersub, who might get 20 minutes at the end with BB going to 15.

I think RMo will take Soapys role, with DMac playing the role BB played up till RWC 2015. RMo should start against Japan, Italy and maybe Scotland. DMac would benefit from another season at 10 for the Chiefs, while RMo is the specialist they need if BB goes down. I can see both RMo and DMac being on the bench for most games. They both need game time, but time is getting short before RWC 2019.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15524
Location: Haunting your dreams
comets wrote:
said it multiple times, hodge is NOT a 13, he is only in the team because he can kick 70m, fullstop. Rebels should have developed him as a 10 but that won't be happening it seems ..13 is open right now, Will cheika go LOCO and put Kerevi there (it could work if kerevi gets his fitness up) or go fora safe option and put Folau there (also can work but Folau seems to hate playing there) or go on attack mode and put Naivalu there (he has proven to be ok at 13 with the rebs) or will think outside the box and in the long run and put JP there... Chieks has 4 options, wonder what he will do... as it stands, Kerevi looks like the obvious choice (cheika is a open book)


Every time you post it makes baby Jesus cry.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:04 am
Posts: 8839
Zakar wrote:
comets wrote:
said it multiple times, hodge is NOT a 13, he is only in the team because he can kick 70m, fullstop. Rebels should have developed him as a 10 but that won't be happening it seems ..13 is open right now, Will cheika go LOCO and put Kerevi there (it could work if kerevi gets his fitness up) or go fora safe option and put Folau there (also can work but Folau seems to hate playing there) or go on attack mode and put Naivalu there (he has proven to be ok at 13 with the rebs) or will think outside the box and in the long run and put JP there... Chieks has 4 options, wonder what he will do... as it stands, Kerevi looks like the obvious choice (cheika is a open book)


Every time you post it makes baby Jesus cry.


good, that SOB destroyed billions of life..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10941
saffer13 wrote:
If the AB's lose to a 7th ranked team, does Ireland become #1?


All Blacks are on 92, Ireland 90.

A draw sees NZ drop 1 ranking point.

1-15 point loss NZ drop 2 ranking points.

15+ point loss NZ drop 3 ranking points.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:04 am
Posts: 8839
when was the last time NZ was ranked 2nd? 2007?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10941
comets wrote:
when was the last time NZ was ranked 2nd? 2007?


NZ were briefly 2nd during the third quarter of 2009 after 3 straight losses to Boks. Back to 1st by Dec 09.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4733
when are the teams out?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 39157
kiwigreg369 wrote:
when are the teams out?


Just before kick-off, I presume.




;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:04 am
Posts: 8839
Kiwias wrote:
kiwigreg369 wrote:
when are the teams out?


Just before kick-off, I presume.




;)


nah before the national anthems..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:04 am
Posts: 8839
goodhue not going so Laumape at 12/13, If laumape is starting, they need kerevi at 13 cause Laumape will turn Beale into roadkill..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:11 pm
Posts: 1426
comets wrote:
goodhue not going so Laumape at 12/13, If laumape is starting, they need kerevi at 13 cause Laumape will turn Beale into roadkill..


What?

I'm sure Goodhue is there.

EDIT: Sorry, no, you're right. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12145347


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12753
It'll be a SBW & Crotty midfield with ALB on the bench.

Laumape will get a run against the Japanese I reckon.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 521
Location: Brisvegas
Fox sports saying Kerevi will be on the bench and Folau at 13.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/wallabies/israel-folau-to-play-his-first-test-at-outside-centre-against-all-blacks-in-bledisloe-iii-in-japan/news-story/bf09c640fb48dbcc45266627acef2e96


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:20 pm
Posts: 5419
Location: Lutra
mojo wrote:

That would be the best combo this week. Kerevi covers 12/13 and most likely Maddocks and Koroibete on the wings. Banks or Naivalu on the bench.
Folau has played 13 quite a bit for the Tahs and often is positioned there in attack for the Wobs.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12876
Punters could do worse than putting a few quid on the Wobs this weekend. No doubt the odds will adjust once the teams are named but the ABs will of course be heavy favourites, but look at Dead Bled history outside of NZ;

2017 - 5 point AU win in Brisbane
2014 - last gasp AB win in Brisbane
2012 - draw in ... fvcking Brisbane
2010 - “bring on the World Cup” in Honkers


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:04 am
Posts: 8839
honestly, this is a game where u want DHP on one wing cause Maddocks will get roasted by Rieko...Chieka grow a pair, if Folau is at 13, Banks at 15.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1479
mojo wrote:


Hope they're right - I'd like to see that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24823
mr bungle wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
If the AB's lose to a 7th ranked team, does Ireland become #1?


All Blacks are on 92, Ireland 90.

A draw sees NZ drop 1 ranking point.

1-15 point loss NZ drop 2 ranking points.

15+ point loss NZ drop 3 ranking points.

:thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4733
ABs vs Aus - in two days - bottom of page two.

Not good...

Let’s see the teams and throw some abuse...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12876
15. Damian McKenzie, 14. Ben Smith, 13. Ryan Crotty, 12. Sonny Bill Williams, 11. Rieko Ioane, 10. Beauden Barrett, 9. TJ Perenara, 8. Kieran Read ©, 7. Ardie Savea, 6. Liam Squire, 5. Scott Barrett, 4. Sam Whitelock, 3. Owen Franks, 2. Codie Taylor, 1. Joe Moody.

Reserves: 16. Nathan Harris, 17. Karl Tu'inukuafe, 18. Nepo Laulala, 19. Brodie Retallick, 20. Matt Todd, 21. Aaron Smith, 22. Richie Mo'unga, 23. Anton Lienert-Brown.

That bench. Wanking emoji.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 39157
Shag The Merciless.

BB heading to 15 and RMo at 10 with 30 to go?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12876
Kiwias wrote:
Shag The Merciless.

BB heading to 15 and RMo at 10 with 30 to go?


It’s been working...

My only concerns are DMacs occasional flakiness when starting, regardless of the position, and the likes of Brodie and Todd being a bit underdone.

Glad they’re not rushing Coles back


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5613
If the forwards do the bizzo D.Mac will be sweet.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32033
Location: in transit
naki wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
Shag The Merciless.

BB heading to 15 and RMo at 10 with 30 to go?


It’s been working...

My only concerns are DMacs occasional flakiness when starting, regardless of the position, and the likes of Brodie and Todd being a bit underdone.

Glad they’re not rushing Coles back


In a world that sees us subjected to variable starting line ups for various reasons or random whimsy, that line up is one I can live with. There are swaps like TJP and Smith and Ardie starting fits with Todd's rustiness... these things are easy to deal with.

I'm intrigued at DMac starting at FB. On one hand he's maybe the next best option in light of Jordie's drug induced performances there but the other side of the selection is his blinding speed. He and Ben from Accounts managing paperwork at the back there suggests some speedy processing of invoices if delivery is managed well.

If things go awry at all, then RMo coming on is an option that pressures both BB and DMac to deliver and keep it sensible.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11756
Location: Melbourne
Can I just be on the record stating I heart the idea of Mo'unga coming on after 50 minutes with Barrett dropping back to fullback.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1940
It seems strange that Smith is usurped at 9. Perenara hasn't been that brilliant in spite of coming on against tiring packs, and was embarrassingly run down by Whiteley just a couple of weeks back. On the whole, with Goodhue unavailable, it's a pretty solid team with Naholo the unluckiest. He could still play a big part in the RWC though, as he and Reiko are the only specialist wings, and they won't want Reiko to play every week.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 889 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: assfly, BillW, Bing [Bot], Boomslang, danthefan, Flockwitt, Google Adsense [Bot], Harvey2.0, Laurent, Mr Mike, Property, rabble, Risteard, sonic_attack, terangi48 and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group