Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:38 am 

lorcanoworms wrote:
Conspicuous wrote:
I think Scarlets will be doing well to get out of their group after that result . I can’t see them winning in Paris regardless of the weather while it takes a very good side on their game to beat Ulster at home in Europe

They could take 8 points off Ulster and 10 of tiggers.

They could indeed, but as Jeff said , they’ve no margin of error now . The positives are that Leicester look in total disarray at the moment so playing them away next week is perfect timing for them . If that goes to plan and they win their back to back with Ulster then they’re back in control. I’d have them as outsiders though

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:20 am 

Ulster to top the group

Heard it here first

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:22 pm 

I second you on that one. Ulster to top their group and Munster as well. The only question is now : who will be the fourth semi-finalist, waiting to be slaughtered by one of those three teams ?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:31 pm 

Jeff the Bear wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:
I think Racing are the French side who pose the most threat.

Racing looked pretty average against the Scarlets. In conditions that should have suited a heavier pack, they laboured to victory (requiring a last minute penalty try of somewhat dubious reasoning). Any time the Scarlets could hold onto the ball for more than 5 phases, they had them stretched...if it had been dry, I reckon the Scarlets would have comfortably won.

Laboring to victory away from home in those conditions is something most French teams fall short of and whatever about the injuries Scarlets are still a good side. They’re now firmly in control of the group.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:38 pm 

Jeff the Bear wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:
Saying they'd play better on a dry night is not a valid excuse. They destroyed Munster to win the Pro14 on a day when it was p1ssing rain.
They need to step up a level

Oh, I agree with that. I lamented the fact that they are still not rounded enough to play up-the-jumper rugby...which is why, even if they make it out of the group, they won't win anything.

Which is why you are still looking at Leinster, daylight, then Saracens in my opinion. The only two teams that can reasonably turn up at any game, in any conditions, and have the weapons to find a win.

I dunno, they lead Leinster for all bar 2 mins in last years final. I think they’re right up there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:47 pm 

Billy Vunipola with a broken arm. Mako and isikwe also injures. Big price to pay for the win.

Healy, Kearney and leavy a doubt for Leinster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:02 pm 

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Ulster to top the group

Heard it here first

Ulster will get beaten by 40+ in Paris. Of that I have no doubt.
We may beat the Scaaaaaaaaaarlets at home, stuffed away, possibly beat Racing at home and probably shit the bed at Welford Road against the Tigers U16 B side when a win might carry us through as a runner up.
It’s the Ulster way :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:05 pm 

paddyor wrote:
Billy Vunipola with a broken arm. Mako and isikwe also injures. Big price to pay for the win.

Dooley/Byrne in for Healy.
McFadden to wing and Larmour to 15.
Leavy out so Ruddock, O'Brien and Conan again with VDF on the bench.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:06 pm 

paddyor wrote:

Piece of sh1t forum...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:37 pm 

Jim Lahey wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Ulster to top the group

Heard it here first

Ulster will get beaten by 40+ in Paris. Of that I have no doubt.
We may beat the Scaaaaaaaaaarlets at home, stuffed away, possibly beat Racing at home and probably shit the bed at Welford Road against the Tigers U16 B side when a win might carry us through as a runner up.
It’s the Ulster way :thumbup:

my original comment was tongue in cheek but I fully expect us to do reasonably well in the group

I don’t think we’ll beat Racing next weekend but they havent lived up to last season at all, Scarlets are definitely beatable at home (as are Racing) and possibly away, and when we have to play Tigers at home they may well have nothing to play for

In terms of the Racing game next week if we lose within 15 points i’d see that as a success. Anything more is a bonus provided we even look half decent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:12 am 

For the first time I watched no HEC match at all, I spent too much time watching Rugby on TV so after stopping watching Super Rugby and 4N I stopped watching HEC. Now having said that I thought I could watch in replay the best match of this first round, so according to you guys, which match of the first round was the most interesting?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:24 am 

DonBillydeParis wrote:
For the first time I watched no HEC match at all, I spent too much time watching Rugby on TV so after stopping watching Super Rugby and 4N I stopped watching HEC. Now having said that I thought I could watch in replay the best match of this first round, so according to you guys, which match of the first round was the most interesting?

Bath Toulouse or Toulon Newcastle were both close

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:06 am 

paddyor wrote:

Oh no, so they're stuck with McGrath, Larmour and Ruddock?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:31 am 

Jeff the Bear wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:
I think Racing are the French side who pose the most threat.

Racing looked pretty average against the Scarlets. In conditions that should have suited a heavier pack, they laboured to victory (requiring a last minute penalty try of somewhat dubious reasoning). Any time the Scarlets could hold onto the ball for more than 5 phases, they had them stretched...if it had been dry, I reckon the Scarlets would have comfortably won.

They're also languishing 7th in the Top 14. For all their big names it's not quite clicking for them at this point in the season. A long way to go yet though it has to be said.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:04 pm 

SASP wrote:
paddyor wrote:

Oh no, so they're stuck with McGrath, Larmour and Ruddock?

#prayforleinster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:21 pm 

Leinsterman wrote:
paddyor wrote:

Dooley/Byrne in for Healy.
McFadden to wing and Larmour to 15.
Leavy out so Ruddock, O'Brien and Conan again with VDF on the bench.

News on McFadden? He pulled up, looked like the hammer, doing the warm down sprints on Friday night.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:29 pm 

Darth_Quinlan wrote:
EverReady wrote:
Leinster: Without being accused of exaggeration but Leinster would put a 1000 points on most of those teams. Feelings about your own teams?

I was at the Gloucester game today and they looked like they have improved greatly. but for they are very beatable. Castres were pretty average too. With Munster taking points off Exeter, cant see any opposition to Leinster apart from possibly Saracens

Stepping up from mid table to contenders in the top competition is a big step. I don't think Glaws will do it this year. Maybe next year