Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: No s@#t Sherlock.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:55 pm 

A Holmes and Moriarty could possibly play for the Welsh side in the Autumn.

If this happens for the second time after 30 plus years the odds against this must be huge.

Quote:
Wales have named uncapped Leicester wing Jonah Holmes in their squad for their November Tests.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/45863116

Post subject: Re: No shit Sherlock.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:02 pm 

I don’t get it? This Holmes lad is English having a Welsh granny. A bit fake. Wouldn’t be liking it at all if I was Welsh.

Moriarty is more tolerable considering he has a Welsh father that played for Wales at least.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:15 pm 

Jonah Holmes
- big fish
- big winger
- big cock

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:28 am 

YOYO wrote:
I don’t get it? This Holmes lad is English having a Welsh granny. A bit fake. Wouldn’t be liking it at all if I was Welsh.

Moriarty is more tolerable considering he has a Welsh father that played for Wales at least.

Yes, I am uncomfortable with the Jonah selection. Pisses me off that Welsh lads are being overlooked. Even though I know the next 'cabs on the rank' Prydie and Lane are injured.

Unless it is a windup, Moriarty is as Welsh as me. Two Welsh parents, from a highly Welsh rugby family, his Dad and Uncle played for Swansea RFC and Wales. I never thought for one moment he would play for England.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:36 am 

LandOTurk wrote:
YOYO wrote:

Yes, I am uncomfortable with the Jonah selection. Pisses me off that Welsh lads are being overlooked. Even though I know the next 'cabs on the rank' Prydie and Lane are injured.

Unless it is a windup, Moriarty is as Welsh as me. Two Welsh parents, from a highly Welsh rugby family, his Dad and Uncle played for Swansea RFC and Wales. I never thought for one moment he would play for England.

Moriarty was in Wales until he was about 16 or so as well as far as I remember. He's proper Welsh.

Notwithstanding Turk's reasonable take on poaching second grade players...I'm really not sure who the next cab off the rank would be in the Welsh regions given everyone who you would usually propose was either already picked or injured.

Post subject: Re: No s@#t Sherlock.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:54 am 

Excuse me on my Moriarty commets. A bit ignorant of me. He’s a true Welshie, as many of my compatriots will agree with going by his recent rant at Sexton. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:03 am 

Jeff the Bear wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
YOYO wrote:

Moriarty was in Wales until he was about 16 or so as well as far as I remember. He's proper Welsh.

Notwithstanding Turk's reasonable take on poaching second grade players...I'm really not sure who the next cab off the rank would be in the Welsh regions given everyone who you would usually propose was either already picked or injured.

Well what about Giles and Hewitt? I think they are fit. I guess I am having a rant at Gatland. He comes out with the give them time to prove themselves, and about 2 months later picks some farking 'nobody' (and I don't mean it disingenuously to them) anyway - Cross, Jonah, who next?? Are we working to develop these players or is it all tosh.

I comfort myself with the fact that Gatland really doesn't give a flying fark about opinion or development too much. He is 100% about results - the best thing to be focused on of course. As in the Wail's interview with Warbs - Gats is only looking at being as successful as he can be in RWC2019. He is throwing players into the mix to see who will stick. He might unearth a gem from it all. The rest he will discard after a solitary game. He is ruthless. Over the summer, I mentioned I was talking with someone senior at the WRU when they were in DC - and they said that Gats and Schmidt (didn't mention Eddie) were both very tough demanding guys - a breed apart. So I suppose rest assured Gats will once again be ready come Japan.