Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:02 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Lions 2019 SR thread
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21417
Emirates Airlines renewed their sponsorship of the Lions and the naming rights of Ellis Park for another 5 years until 2024


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lions 2019 SR thread
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21417
Jensrsa wrote:
Emirates Airlines renewed their sponsorship of the Lions and the naming rights of Ellis Park for another 5 years until 2024


Quote:
Title sponsors Emirates Airlines have extended their sponsorship with Super Rugby franchise the Lions as well as Ellis Park Stadium for a further five years.

It is understood the deal which took 18 months to broker‚ is worth well in excess of R100m over that period.

It is a dollar-based deal which is susceptible to the whims of the Rand.

Despite his generous frame‚ Lions chief executive Rudolf Straeuli neatly sidestepped the question related to the weight of the contract.

“It is significant‚” is all he said when asked to monetise the deal.

The sponsorship will come as a huge boost to the Lions who can now boast having the same title sponsor over a 10-year stretch.

https://www.timeslive.co.za/sport/rugby/2019-07-23-emirates-airlines-extend-their-lucrative-sponsorship-with-the-lions/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lions 2019 SR thread
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13196
Much needed cash injection. Well done to the Lions.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lions 2019 SR thread
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21417
Jensrsa wrote:
Updated
Jensrsa wrote:
Confirmed contracted players 2020 and beyond
(Others, juniors and seniors, were contracted last year after SR but without giving their contract expiry dates therefore not listed yet)

Aphiwe Dyantyi: Wing --> 2021
Andries Coetzee: Fullback -->2020
Reinhard Nothnagel: Lock -->2021
Dylan Smith: Prop -->2021
Vincent Tshituka: Flank -->2021
Ross Cronje: Scrumhalf -->2021
Malcolm Marx: Hooker -->2021 (2020 only from June)
Courtnall Skosan: Wing -->2021
Johannes Jonker: Prop --> 2021

Roelof Smit Flank --> ?
Duncan Matthew's Wing --> ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lions 2019 SR thread
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13196
Jensrsa wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
Updated
Jensrsa wrote:
Confirmed contracted players 2020 and beyond
(Others, juniors and seniors, were contracted last year after SR but without giving their contract expiry dates therefore not listed yet)

Aphiwe Dyantyi: Wing --> 2021
Andries Coetzee: Fullback -->2020
Reinhard Nothnagel: Lock -->2021
Dylan Smith: Prop -->2021
Vincent Tshituka: Flank -->2021
Ross Cronje: Scrumhalf -->2021
Malcolm Marx: Hooker -->2021 (2020 only from June)
Courtnall Skosan: Wing -->2021
Johannes Jonker: Prop --> 2021

Roelof Smit Flank --> ?
Duncan Matthew's Wing --> ?

Two more quality poaches there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lions 2019 SR thread
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21417
Chilli wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
Updated
Jensrsa wrote:
Confirmed contracted players 2020 and beyond
(Others, juniors and seniors, were contracted last year after SR but without giving their contract expiry dates therefore not listed yet)

Aphiwe Dyantyi: Wing --> 2021
Andries Coetzee: Fullback -->2020
Reinhard Nothnagel: Lock -->2021
Dylan Smith: Prop -->2021
Vincent Tshituka: Flank -->2021
Ross Cronje: Scrumhalf -->2021
Malcolm Marx: Hooker -->2021 (2020 only from June)
Courtnall Skosan: Wing -->2021
Johannes Jonker: Prop --> 2021

Roelof Smit Flank --> ?
Duncan Matthew's Wing --> ?

Two more quality poaches there.

For some reason the Bulls are ignoring them. Andre Warner is also linked with a possible move to the Lions


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lions 2019 SR thread
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21417
Updated
Jensrsa wrote:
Confirmed contracted players 2020 and beyond
(Others, juniors and seniors, were contracted last year after SR but without giving their contract expiry dates therefore not listed yet)

Aphiwe Dyantyi: Wing --> 2021
Andries Coetzee: Fullback -->2020
Reinhard Nothnagel: Lock -->2021
Dylan Smith: Prop -->2021
Vincent Tshituka: Flank -->2021
Ross Cronje: Scrumhalf -->2021
Malcolm Marx: Hooker -->2021 (2020 only from June)
Courtnall Skosan: Wing -->2021
Johannes Jonker: Prop --> 2021
Roelof Smit Flank --> ?
Duncan Matthew's Wing --> ?

Elton Jantjies Flyhalf --> 2021


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lions 2019 SR thread
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21417
Lions signed Junior Boks James Mollentze (flyhalf) and Francke Horne (loosie)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lions 2019 SR thread
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21417
Updated
Jensrsa wrote:
Confirmed contracted players 2020 and beyond
(Others, juniors and seniors, were contracted last year after SR but without giving their contract expiry dates therefore not listed yet)

Aphiwe Dyantyi: Wing --> 2021
Andries Coetzee: Fullback -->2020
Reinhard Nothnagel: Lock -->2021
Dylan Smith: Prop -->2021
Vincent Tshituka: Flank -->2021
Ross Cronje: Scrumhalf -->2021
Malcolm Marx: Hooker -->2021 (2020 only from June)
Courtnall Skosan: Wing -->2021
Johannes Jonker: Prop --> 2021
Roelof Smit Flank --> ?
Duncan Matthew's Wing --> ?
Elton Jantjies Flyhalf --> 2021
James Mollentze (flyhalf) --> 2021
Francke Horne (loosie) --> 2021


Dillon Smit (Scrumhalf), Hacjivah Dayimani (loosie) and Pieter Jansen (hooker) have all renewed their contracts with the Lions.


Last edited by Jensrsa on Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lions 2019 SR thread
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21417
It's rumoured that the Lions made an offer to Juarno Augustus


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lions 2019 SR thread
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21417
Updated
Jensrsa wrote:
Confirmed contracted players 2020 and beyond
(Others, juniors and seniors, were contracted last year after SR but without giving their contract expiry dates therefore not listed yet)

Aphiwe Dyantyi: Wing --> 2021
Andries Coetzee: Fullback -->2020
Reinhard Nothnagel: Lock -->2021
Dylan Smith: Prop -->2021
Vincent Tshituka: Flank -->2021
Ross Cronje: Scrumhalf -->2021
Malcolm Marx: Hooker -->2021 (2020 only from June)
Courtnall Skosan: Wing -->2021
Johannes Jonker: Prop --> 2021
Roelof Smit Flank --> ?
Duncan Matthew's Wing --> ?
Elton Jantjies Flyhalf --> 2021
James Mollentze (flyhalf) --> 2021
Francke Horne (loosie) --> 2021
Dillon Smit (Scrumhalf) --> ?
Hacjivah Dayimani (loosie) --> ?
Pieter Jansen (hooker) --> ?


Jamba Ulengo (wing) --> 2021

https://www.sarugbymag.co.za/ulengo-signs-lions/


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: charltom, Conn, EverReady, Grandpa, Leinsterman, Lenny, Masterji, Monkey Magic, obelixtim, polyallstar, Saint, Sards, shereblue, TheDocForgotHisLogon, Yourmother and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group