Obstruction or not
Poll ended at Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:07 pm
Yes its obstruction 48%  48%  [ 10 ]
No it's not obstruction 52%  52%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 21
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:53 am 

They're playing under NFL rules
Thanks Kid A

Last edited by CrazyIslander on Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:55 am 

Farking ludicrous. One rule for them, one for the rest of us.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:58 am 

Streetwise, couldn't agree more...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:00 am 

Snecky could have broken his jaw with that elbow to the face :shock:

Has Beale been cited yet?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:01 am 

Too many games in Chicago.

Nice to see Savea blitz the two Aussie opensides also

wamberal99 wrote:

Oh please. Keep drinking from that lovely bottle of Chateau Loser you've popped open.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:03 am 

jdogscoop wrote:
wamberal99 wrote:

Oh please. Keep drinking from that lovely bottle of Chateau Loser you've popped open.

:lol: :thumbup: they seem to have a cellar full in Aus but love drinking it. Their drink of choice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:03 am 

Beale elbowing Smith viciously and then taking a flailing dive also cleared the line for the faster chasing Wallaby. There is no point going on about it though, complaining is demeaning and won't achieve anything.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:05 am 

We should be calling them the Chicago Bears

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:36 am 

wamberal99 wrote:

It has always been like that

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:42 am 

To be honest, it is one of the "secrets to All Blacks success" - we are taught the rules at a young age and shown how to use them to our advantage. We were told to run those sorts of legal supporting lines to impede the opposition chasers from about the age of 8. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:44 am 

Demilich wrote:
To be honest, it is one of the "secrets to All Blacks success" - we are taught the rules at a young age and shown how to use them to our advantage. We were told to run those sorts of legal supporting lines to impede the opposition chasers from about the age of 8. :thumbup:

You’d be right if the support runner hadn’t run away from the ball carrier to collide with the defender who was catching up.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:46 am 

wamberal99 wrote:

For an old man you sure are a giant f**king crybaby.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:47 am 

As spiritual guardians of the game and the ultimate professionals they thoroughly deserve a little favouritism. :?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:48 am 

Flametop wrote:
Demilich wrote:

You’d be right if the support runner hadn’t run away from the ball carrier to collide with the defender who was catching up.

The TMO had no issue.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:50 am 

JB1981 wrote:
Flametop wrote:
Demilich wrote:

The TMO had no issue.

Imagine impartial viewers surprise to this... :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:52 am 

CrazyIslander wrote:

Pfft.

More New England Patriots than Chicago Bears,if we’re going down that road.

Which we aren’t.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:53 am 

JB1981 wrote:
Flametop wrote:
Demilich wrote:

The TMO had no issue.

I think that’s the point a few posters have made.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:56 am 

Flametop wrote:
Demilich wrote:

You have every right to move further away from the ball carrier - in fact more often than not you do when following up a break, regardless of whether or not you are intending to block a defender, as you're often too close to give the breaking player much of an option/put defense in two minds. In this case, Smith was way too close to Smith to receive a useful pass, so he would have had to move across at some point. That obviously isn't why he ran that line, but it is why he had a right to run it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:32 am 

What's so impressive about the ABs, is that they just appear to be much fitter than every team they play. It's astonishing really, they're all professional athletes, who train constantly for a high level of fitness, yet the ABs appear to be 30/40% fitter.

I reckon they must have some groundbreaking fitness techniques. I can't think of another possible explanation. :?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:36 am 

Zakar wrote:
I reckon they must have some groundbreaking fitness techniques. I can't think of another possible explanation. :?

New Zealand is a very hilly country and everyone walks everywhere from a very early age.

Obviously.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:42 am 

Zakar wrote:
What's so impressive about the ABs, is that they just appear to be much fitter than every team they play. It's astonishing really, they're all professional athletes, who train constantly for a high level of fitness, yet the ABs appear to be 30/40% fitter.

The Lions, impossibly exhausted from an extremely long season and a brutal tour of NZ, outpointed and outlasted the All Blacks in the final quarter of every test on last year’s tour. It’s almost as though they had international quality reserves coming off the bench, or something.

The ABs manage their players workloads throughout the season better than any other nation, apart from perhaps the currently resurgent Irish. It’s almost as though they’re not playing 30+ games of rugby and appear fitter at the end of the game, or something

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:42 am 

BBB wrote:
Zakar wrote:

New Zealand is a very hilly country and everyone walks everywhere from a very early age.

Obviously.
There is that and also superior emotional intelligence means that as a people we don’t waste important energy with unproductive festering over perceived injustices. We simply use energy more efficiently and make better decisions under pressure through blue-head thinking, it is a remarkable and self perpetuating competitive advantage.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:47 am 

Zakar wrote:
yet the ABs appear to be 30/40% fitter.

:lol: :lol:

I would suggest they are about 50% more intelligent than the Aussies 8)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:59 am 

clementinfrance wrote:
JB1981 wrote:
Flametop wrote:
Demilich wrote:

The impartial TMO had no issue.

Imagine impartial viewers surprise to this... :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:08 pm 

BBB wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:

Pfft.

More New England Patriots than Chicago Bears,if we’re going down that road.

Which we aren’t

Tell that to Snecky.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:09 pm 

Zakar wrote:

I think the fitness level argument is somewhat of a myth quite frankly, all players are subject to beep tests etc. Happy to believe the bench plays the biggest part, its constant pressure particularly past the 60 min mark and the fact that all the players are on the same page when they take to the field. Could be wrong though...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:53 pm 

Zakar wrote:

Hate to say it, they're just better athlete dietitians.

Last edited by CrazyIslander on Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:19 pm 

Zakar wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:29 pm 

naki wrote:
Nice to see Savea blitz the two Aussie opensides also

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Agreed

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:31 pm 

Keep it to the match thread :thumbdown:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:33 pm 

Bayern wrote:
Zakar wrote:

I think the fitness level argument is somewhat of a myth quite frankly, all players are subject to beep tests etc. Happy to believe the bench plays the biggest part, its constant pressure particularly past the 60 min mark and the fact that all the players are on the same page when they take to the field. Could be wrong though...

The difference on the weekend was the ABs kept it simple and did simple passes and nothing too risky, and took their opportunities when they came, compared to Aus who tried hero passes every time they touched the ball. Fulools speculative nightmare is a perfect example, but Foley threw three three man cut out passes to the wing that resulted in turnovers early on too.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:34 pm 

I'm a AB fan.

Still think Smith should have been carded on that.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:38 pm 

naki wrote:
Zakar wrote:

The Lions, impossibly exhausted from an extremely long season and a brutal tour of NZ, outpointed and outlasted the All Blacks in the final quarter of every test on last year’s tour. It’s almost as though they had international quality reserves coming off the bench, or something.

The ABs manage their players workloads throughout the season better than any other nation, apart from perhaps the currently resurgent Irish. It’s almost as though they’re not playing 30+ games of rugby and appear fitter at the end of the game, or something

This.

Plus...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:47 pm 

xhooker wrote:
I'm a AB fan.

Still think Smith should have been carded on that.

LOL

Bot.

Fcken

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:48 pm 

Mr Mike wrote:
BBB wrote:
Zakar wrote:

Obviously.
There is that and also superior emotional intelligence means that as a people we don’t waste important energy with unproductive festering over perceived injustices. We simply use energy more efficiently and make better decisions under pressure through blue-head thinking, it is a remarkable and self perpetuating competitive advantage.

I suspect their attitude toward attacking play and belief in that ambitious, collaborative approach / their superior abilities gives a slight edge as well.

I've read some studies on teams aiming to win vs trying not to lose / going through the highly structured motions, with one talking about the GS Warriors and their body language. I think the ABs display this joy, confidence, swagger even at times, more than anyone.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:56 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:01 pm 

Nieghorn wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
BBB wrote:
Zakar wrote:

Obviously.

I suspect their attitude toward attacking play and belief in that ambitious, collaborative approach / their superior abilities gives a slight edge as well.

I've read some studies on teams aiming to win vs trying not to lose / going through the highly structured motions, with one talking about the GS Warriors and their body language. I think the ABs display this joy, confidence, swagger even at times, more than anyone.
All good points, and a helpful contrast is the victim mentality and bitterness demonstrated by teams entrapped in a losing habit. As Sir Clive stated it saps their own energy.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:11 pm 

Pacific Islanders

End of thread