Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:00 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Google Walkout
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:31 pm 

Next one they have I am going to sneak into their canteen and have one of their nutritious vegan braised roots stews with ri....oh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:33 pm 

I'd love to get an idea of what the progressive idea for the perfect inclusive workplace would be. As in, what it would look like and how would it function. Given what I know about the Left I imagine no actual work would get done but it would be interesting to see it as an experiment.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:34 pm 

Can someone fill in the plebs who don't wank over non-stories what the hell is actually happening? SHIT OP. Seriously, go fuc k yourself.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:35 pm 

Newsome wrote:
Can someone fill in the plebs who don't wank over non-stories what the hell is actually happening? SHIT OP. Seriously, go fuc k yourself.

Now now, that may offensive to some of our posters.
Take a time out and write down how you could approach this situation better.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:44 pm 

Jim Lahey wrote:
Newsome wrote:

Now now, that may offensive to some of our posters.
Take a time out and write down how you could approach this situation better.

I'd probably add more buzz words like cuck and woke.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:47 pm 

Newsome wrote:

Some Google employees who feel it offers inequal opportunities based on gender are protesting against it, which triggers the crowd that usually takes pride in seeing leftie snowflakes triggered. Apparently, it's the end of society.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:48 pm 

TheBouncer wrote:
All I see are lads standing around with hands in pockets it's not exactly tiananmen square

Surely they could do something more in alliance with their female, gay and animal-identifying colleagues. Perhaps a 'diversity handicap' table tennis competition, where the winner is presented with a year's supply of kale and soya beans?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:58 pm 

Toulon's Not Toulouse wrote:
Newsome wrote:

Some Google employees who feel it offers inequal opportunities based on gender are protesting against it, which triggers the crowd that usually takes pride in seeing leftie snowflakes triggered. Apparently, it's the end of society.

I hate you and if I didn't have korsakoff's syndrome I would remember to bully you incessantly

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:05 pm 

Newsome wrote:

It's amazing really. I'd never know about most of these stories but for the apoplexy on here.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:07 pm 

Newsome wrote:

Or people are just having a laugh. Don't be so shrill, bro.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:07 pm 

It's strange how this was across all the news channels yesterday, and all it involved was a few of them stepping away from their screens for 10 minutes to have a bit of a huddle and then going back to work.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:10 pm 

Conservative Eddie wrote:
Newsome wrote:

It's amazing really. I'd never know about most of these stories but for the apoplexy on here.

That's because you're clueless.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:12 pm 

Seneca of the Night wrote:
Newsome wrote:

That's because you're clueless.

It's the end of the world as we know it...and I feel fine.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:44 pm 

Lemoentjie wrote:
The difference being that the lunatic left are part of huge organisations like Google, while the 'far right' is about 300 men who bought a torch from their local Walmart. Both bad in their own way, but only one of them actually wields any influence.

The problem is that Westerners have had the scales shifted so much that what is now regarded as 'dangerous thought' was considered normal even a few of years back. That is due to the lunatic left, not the right.

In case you hadnt noticed they are propping up the UK government and in theory are in govt in NI.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:51 pm 

EverReady wrote:
Newsome wrote:

I hate you and if I didn't have korsakoff's syndrome I would remember to bully you incessantly

Interesting syndrome Dr House :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:17 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
EverReady wrote:
Newsome wrote:

Interesting syndrome Dr House :lol:

My missus told me about a case of it once. I am reminded of it every time I sniff booze :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:16 am 

Jim Lahey wrote:
Lemoentjie wrote:
The difference being that the lunatic left are part of huge organisations like Google, while the 'far right' is about 300 men who bought a torch from their local Walmart. Both bad in their own way, but only one of them actually wields any influence.

The problem is that Westerners have had the scales shifted so much that what is now regarded as 'dangerous thought' was considered normal even a few of years back. That is due to the lunatic left, not the right.

This.
Although most normal people you speak to can see through the hysterics of the noisy minority.
Social media and lazy journalists who cover this shit are to blame.

Social media/the net is hopeless for debates as well. Any small disagreement gets blown way out.

Talk to someone in real life who is on a different end of the political spectrum, and things are usually pretty civil as you compromise in real time and find common ground.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:25 am 

Newsome wrote:

A good question considering the sheer shit being posted in this thread.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-02/ ... n/10458178

Quote:
Thousands of Google employees across the world have walked off the job in protest at the internet giant's lenient treatment of executives accused of sexual misconduct.

Employees were seen staging walkouts at offices including New York, San Francisco, Tokyo, Singapore, Toronto, London, Zurich and Dublin.

The Google protest, billed "Walkout For Real Change", is unfolding a week after a New York Times (NYT) story detailed allegations of sexual misconduct against the creator of its Android software, Andy Rubin.

The report said Mr Rubin received a $US90 million severance package in 2014, even though Google concluded that sexual misconduct allegations against him were credible.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:35 am 

guy smiley wrote:
Newsome wrote:

A good question considering the sheer shit being posted in this thread.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-02/ ... n/10458178

Quote:
Thousands of Google employees across the world have walked off the job in protest at the internet giant's lenient treatment of executives accused of sexual misconduct.

Employees were seen staging walkouts at offices including New York, San Francisco, Tokyo, Singapore, Toronto, London, Zurich and Dublin.

The Google protest, billed "Walkout For Real Change", is unfolding a week after a New York Times (NYT) story detailed allegations of sexual misconduct against the creator of its Android software, Andy Rubin.

The report said Mr Rubin received a $US90 million severance package in 2014, even though Google concluded that sexual misconduct allegations against him were credible.

Quote:
Credible accusations
New Neo | 12/3/2017 - 3:30pm
The word “credible” keeps coming up in sexual harassment discussions, but what does it really mean?

n the wake of the recent spate of sexual offense allegations, particularly against politicians such as Roy Moore, “credible” and “credibly” have become the latest buzzwords.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2017/12/c ... cusations/

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:18 am 

Well it’s simple really. ABC, amongst other media outlets and various woke collections of morons, have decided that since there’s an allegation then he’s basically guilty. This snowballed into mass demonstrations of virtue signalling as people raced to be the first to organise mob justice, internet character assassination, one in the eye for the patriarchy, oh and and the demise of due process.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:48 am 

This is a pretty amazing clip about what is going on in Facebook too. This guy is very illuminating. It's a very interesting take as he is reasonably complimentary of internal Facebook management, who are doing their best to face down an extremely belligerant out of control internal cadre of SJWs. And, it seems, losing (!).

(trigger warning: it's Tucker)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX6pqTuwPpE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:14 am 

Duff Paddy wrote:
Well it’s simple really. ABC, amongst other media outlets and various woke collections of morons, have decided that since there’s an allegation then he’s basically guilty. This snowballed into mass demonstrations of virtue signalling as people raced to be the first to organise mob justice, internet character assassination, one in the eye for the patriarchy, oh and and the demise of due process.

Didn't the Kavanaugh accuser just admit she made it up?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:21 am 

Lemoentjie wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

No she absolutely did not.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:25 am 

Jim Lahey wrote:
Lemoentjie wrote:

This.
Although most normal people you speak to can see through the hysterics of the noisy minority.
Social media and lazy journalists who cover this shit are to blame.

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:29 am 

Newsome wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:33 am 

Would this be an appropriate thread to deploy the classic "Go and get a proper job"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:37 am 

DOB wrote:
Lemoentjie wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

Ah, there are multiple accusers. Anyway, a woman who did accuse him of sexual assault has just admitted that she made it up. I don't think it's the woman who was the principal accuser however.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:45 am 

DOB wrote:
Lemoentjie wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

We all know an allegation made 40 years after an alleged incident is as good as a jury conviction to an internet lynch mob

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:10 am 

Duff Paddy wrote:
DOB wrote:
Lemoentjie wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

We all know an allegation made 40 years after an alleged incident is as good as a jury conviction to an internet lynch mob

The other plus point about this sort of justice is that it will put a lot of lawyers out of business. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:52 pm 

saffer13 wrote:
etherman wrote:
Lemoentjie wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
We are living in a bizarre time

It's the left

Well much like those on the right, there is a lot of mutation and inside the bubble shit that just boggles the mind. I'd regard myself as fairly left leaning but I can't fathom some of the madness that's going on in universities or the likes of the decisions made around the Rotheram case. How you get from a position of equality and tolerance to calling men evil or ignoring huge crimes is beyond me. Just as I'm sure right leaning people see ALt right loons as such. I think we need to stop talking about right and left and just start talking about people detatched from reality.

Correct. There is a severe "detached from reality" component in both camps.

Incorrect. It's the Left wing SJWs characterizing everyone to their right as racist, fascist bigots that are the dangerous virtue-signalling loons. It's they who reaffirm speakers, who attack trump supporters with bike locks, who regularly disrupt meetings where 'problematic ' opinions may be aired. Conservatives want to win the debate; the Left wants there to be no debate.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:16 pm 

Rowdy wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
etherman wrote:
Lemoentjie wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
We are living in a bizarre time

It's the left

Well much like those on the right, there is a lot of mutation and inside the bubble shit that just boggles the mind. I'd regard myself as fairly left leaning but I can't fathom some of the madness that's going on in universities or the likes of the decisions made around the Rotheram case. How you get from a position of equality and tolerance to calling men evil or ignoring huge crimes is beyond me. Just as I'm sure right leaning people see ALt right loons as such. I think we need to stop talking about right and left and just start talking about people detatched from reality.

Correct. There is a severe "detached from reality" component in both camps.

Incorrect. It's the Left wing SJWs characterizing everyone to their right as racist, fascist bigots that are the dangerous virtue-signalling loons. It's they who reaffirm speakers, who attack trump supporters with bike locks, who regularly disrupt meetings where 'problematic ' opinions may be aired. Conservatives want to win the debate; the Left wants there to be no debate.

I think that's a good point. Is there any American or British universities that ban speakers for being too left wing?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:56 am 

https://www.wired.com/story/inside-goog ... pany-tech/

The left will eat itself

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:09 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
https://www.wired.com/story/inside-google-three-years-misery-happiest-company-tech/

The left will eat itself

Congrats on being the 10 000th dicksplat to say that! You've won a de luxe go fúck yourself!!

ENJOY :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:10 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
https://www.wired.com/story/inside-google-three-years-misery-happiest-company-tech/

The left will eat itself

Famed left wing organisation, Google.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:19 pm 

MungoMan wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

The left will eat itself

Congrats on being the 10 000th dicksplat to say that! You've won a de luxe go fúck yourself!!

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:57 pm 

sewa wrote:
MungoMan wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

The left will eat itself

You’ve found your level. Anyone actually read the article and care to comment

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:02 pm 

Haven't finished the whole thing yet, but most of that doesn't read as the left eating itself to me.
More that the ethos that helped Google prosper has turned toxic with internal divisions on emotive topics, and that the right/conservative end of the general internet population are willing to play extremely dirty.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:28 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
sewa wrote:
MungoMan wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

The left will eat itself

You’ve found your level. Anyone actually read the article and care to comment

I read about 5 mins worth before I had to go out but didn't realise it was a War & Peace effort. Both my jobs were then cancelled so I will sit back and reply in 6 hours time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:40 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:

The left will eat itself

Gonna take a wild guess this is about Googles "bring your whole self to work" schtick and why it's a fucking terrible idea.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:22 pm 

Finished it, Nolanators summary I agree with. Google have f**ked themselves.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next