Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:48 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Battlefield 5 thread
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:01 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
backrow wrote:
not tried them yet, no - only unlocked suomi last night and its stats seem blanket worse than sten, plus I didn't know what the full red bar on mg34 meant - I see it means you can only aim down the sight once bipod deployed, thanks Lt Commander Science Office Beouf de Pantalon :thumbup:

Except for ROF. All the coloured stats bars are worse than the Sten, but the rate of fire is a number just beneath that. I missed it the first time I compared the two.
Think the Sten is <600 rpm, but the Suomi is >800, ish. It's handy in tight spaces, but once you step outside, you're in trouble. Bit like the Autospaztico, now that I think about it.

ROF is for me the least important stat. for me, importance is:
Recoil >>>> Mag size>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> bullet damage >>>>>>>>>> ROF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> whether or not its Black and "really kewl"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:53 pm 

backrow wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
backrow wrote:
not tried them yet, no - only unlocked suomi last night and its stats seem blanket worse than sten, plus I didn't know what the full red bar on mg34 meant - I see it means you can only aim down the sight once bipod deployed, thanks Lt Commander Science Office Beouf de Pantalon :thumbup:

Except for ROF. All the coloured stats bars are worse than the Sten, but the rate of fire is a number just beneath that. I missed it the first time I compared the two.
Think the Sten is <600 rpm, but the Suomi is >800, ish. It's handy in tight spaces, but once you step outside, you're in trouble. Bit like the Autospaztico, now that I think about it.

ROF is for me the least important stat. for me, importance is:
Recoil >>>> Mag size>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> bullet damage >>>>>>>>>> ROF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> whether or not its Black and "really kewl"

:lol:

I get the impression that on PC, ROF ranks higher. It's much easier to manage heavy recoil, so the more bullets you can spew at the enemy, the faster. On console, it's less about the rate of bullets leaving your gun and more about the rate of bullets hitting your target. In which case recoil control and mag size are going to be more important. As you say.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:08 pm 

newportblue wrote:
Definitely think the head shot mechinic is all about balancing. No one would use anything else if you could upper body one shot someone at any distance.

What are the medic semi auto rifles like? Seem to die a few times to the first one unlocked.

To answer my own question, because I’m cool.

I used the first semi auto rifle in the assault class yesterday. Really enjoyed them, seemed to get a few headshots which really speeds up the TTK. I wanted to use a magnified optic but the 2x and 3x restricted my view too much so just used the 1x. Definitely fun tho.

Altho I thought the semi autos were in the medic class, bit disappointed they aren’t.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:22 pm 

Was just about to post that I exclusively used the Gewer 43 when playing assault last night. I really enjoyed it.

I used the 3x optic and paced myself to play slowly and methodically as I approached objectives. Had a few good rounds that way. With the Sturmgewer I'm tempted to just sprint in and go guns blazing. I'll get a kill or two and then die immediately. Picking off enemies from medium range worked well. Was fairly screwed the few times I got caught face to face up close, though. In those situations I usually panic fire a Panzerfaust and hope for the best with the splash damage.

Upgraded it a bit before I went to bed. Chose the perks which improve aimed accuracy etc, I'm never going to use it as a hipfire weapon. Interested to see how it performs next time I use it.

I also unlocked the third scout gun, which does a daft amount of damage per shot. Looking forward to cheap kills with it before it gets nerfed.

MG42 is a bit of fun defending, if you can find a few choke points to bipod at. Going for the upgraded drum magazine and increased ROF. Should shred people!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:17 am 

Nolanator wrote:
Was just about to post that I exclusively used the Gewer 43 when playing assault last night. I really enjoyed it.

I used the 3x optic and paced myself to play slowly and methodically as I approached objectives. Had a few good rounds that way. With the Sturmgewer I'm tempted to just sprint in and go guns blazing. I'll get a kill or two and then die immediately. Picking off enemies from medium range worked well. Was fairly screwed the few times I got caught face to face up close, though. In those situations I usually panic fire a Panzerfaust and hope for the best with the splash damage.

Upgraded it a bit before I went to bed. Chose the perks which improve aimed accuracy etc, I'm never going to use it as a hipfire weapon. Interested to see how it performs next time I use it.

I also unlocked the third scout gun, which does a daft amount of damage per shot. Looking forward to cheap kills with it before it gets nerfed.

MG42 is a bit of fun defending, if you can find a few choke points to bipod at. Going for the upgraded drum magazine and increased ROF. Should shred people!

Agree with all of those points. I've unlocked a lot of guns but it seems in most cases the earlier guns are much better in performance than the later ones...not complaining but does seem quite an odd incentive system.

I unlocked the Tiger tank yesterday. Such an awesome feeling of power. Absolutely creams any other tank it comes up against.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:56 am 

From what I heard yesterday there is a big patch coming on 4th which will include weapon balancing. The video I watched suggested it was definitely to the KE7 ( whatever the first support gun is) and probably some others.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:15 am 

newportblue wrote:
From what I heard yesterday there is a big patch coming on 4th which will include weapon balancing. The video I watched suggested it was definitely to the KE7 ( whatever the first support gun is) and probably some others.

The KE7 is basically the best gun apart from the MG42, which doesn't get unlocked until level god knows what.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:02 pm 

Yeah, was watching a video about the changes coming on the 4th. All sounds sensible.

Frontines on Operations is broken at the moment. I was playing the other day with Yeeb and we were defending the final bomb sites. With only one site left, the attackers stopped spawning bombs and eventually had no tickets left, but the game just kept playing until the timer ran out. It was weird.

Last night I was on the attacking team noticed that one of our bomb carriers was just playing as normal, shooting enemies and definitely not bringing the bomb to the objective. I just put it down to still being unfamiliar with the game. Then, I picked up and bomb and died before getting to the objective. A couple of deaths later I realised that I still had the bomb symbol on my screen, so I got up and managed to arm the objective, despite not having picked it up.
Ultimately we didn't destroy the final objective, but experienced the same thing as before. We ran out of tickets, but as far as the game was concerned, the bombs were still "live" so it just kept going until the timer ran out.

It's not resetting the bombs back to their pickup point when the carrier dies and I don't think people realise that they're still running around with it and can arm the objective.

I recorded a bit of it and was thinking of posting on Reddit or Twitter or something to give DICE feedback, but then I saw that from Dec 4th the bomb arming meta is being changed completely. Instead of picking up the bomb and carrying it to the objective with a massive marker over your head, it's being changed back to MCOMs/telegraph poles like in BF1. So the whole broken gameplay part is being replaced entirely, rather than being fixed.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:04 pm 

I've had a pit of success taking out tanks in close quarters with the support class. Once a tank pushes a contested objective, the first thing that happens is that the top gunner gets shot off and you can then get up really close behind or beside the tank without getting shot. The realistic turret turning speeds make this much easier. Throw a couple of AT mines down beside it and then run away backwards and empty your machine gun at the mines.
They blow up and kill the tank in one hit.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:00 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
I've had a pit of success taking out tanks in close quarters with the support class. Once a tank pushes a contested objective, the first thing that happens is that the top gunner gets shot off and you can then get up really close behind or beside the tank without getting shot. The realistic turret turning speeds make this much easier. Throw a couple of AT mines down beside it and then run away backwards and empty your machine gun at the mines.

That's if you have a noob playing as a tanker. The whole point about the Tiger is you find a position that allows you to cover at least two different objectives and just pick off people from range. The main gun has no competition in terms of range and damage so you can essentially snipe other tanks, and you rely on your machine gun to deal with infantry.

God I'm horny just thinking about it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:39 pm 

Newsome wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

That's if you have a noob playing as a tanker. The whole point about the Tiger is you find a position that allows you to cover at least two different objectives and just pick off people from range. The main gun has no competition in terms of range and damage so you can essentially snipe other tanks, and you rely on your machine gun to deal with infantry.

Agreed fully. Going all Leeroy Jenkins into an objective with loads of cover in a heavy tank without infantry support is suicide. The armoured cars can actually work a bit better, despite their lighter armour. They're much quicker, more manoeuvrable, and carry way more primary ammo. A couple of well placed rockets or AT grenades and you're toast, though.

Methodically picking off players at distance in the heavy tanks is great. I think I'll force myself to play a bit more tanking from the start, for this game, so that I'm actually competent. Unlike in BF1.

Still need that test range to be released so I can learn to fly, though.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:01 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
Newsome wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

Agreed fully. Going all Leeroy Jenkins into an objective with loads of cover in a heavy tank without infantry support is suicide. The armoured cars can actually work a bit better, despite their lighter armour. They're much quicker, more manoeuvrable, and carry way more primary ammo. A couple of well placed rockets or AT grenades and you're toast, though.

Methodically picking off players at distance in the heavy tanks is great. I think I'll force myself to play a bit more tanking from the start, for this game, so that I'm actually competent. Unlike in BF1.

Still need that test range to be released so I can learn to fly, though.

I am reminded of the other night when I was driver and you commander - "Yeeb, head to C we don't have much time left !"
"righty-ho"

*Heads straight to C through buildings and walls, getting a roadkill on route and shooting buildings randomly without aiming, picking up another flukey kill*

"ah jayz, you really did head straight to C didn't you Yeeb ?"

the music track for that in my head was was #movebitch, outta the way !#

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:02 pm 

will be on tonight for a solid 3 hours :nod: :smug: :smug: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:54 pm 

That was certainly an efficient route to our destination.

I'll be on, too, cuz I'm cool like that on Friday evenings. :smug:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:03 pm 

us

:smug: :smug:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:23 pm 

Amazon gave me a tenner off so I crumbled. Finish work Monday morning and not back to Friday so a very unproductive week coming up.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:46 pm 

Lash up your PSN ID and join all the kool kids in the PR platoon.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:25 am 

Got a 9 bang with the V1 this evening. :lol:
So skillful!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:39 am 

Nolanator wrote:
So skillful!

I was wondering about that. Is it something you need to unlock?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:12 am 

Newsome wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
So skillful!

I was wondering about that. Is it something you need to unlock?

Squad leader gets to call in reinforcements based on points that the squad earns throughout the round. The V1 costs the most points, so you tend to see them at the end of a round when squads have done enough to earn it.

You can call in an ammo/health drop, a half track, a heavy tank, or the airstrike. Press R1+L1 to bring up a Comms rose and choose which one. Selecting the airstrike makes you equip a spotting scope and then you mark the location you want and wait a few seconds for it to arrive.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:20 am 

Game is bugged on Hamada - you can shoot through rocks sometimes !
And tanks are very OP as you can just stay near a depot and sniper buildings with your gun, knowing that baddies will be in some of them . Actually easier to spam bullets more than in bf1

I think the African maps needed a couple of more weeks on them as they are rushed - the Netherlands and Norway maps feel spot on in comparison.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:49 am 

Unlocked the Lewis gun over the weekend. Loving it.

Felt like I was hindering myself not using KE7 at first but the bigger mag with the Lewis gun is just so much better. Comes with 47 rounds to start which can be upgraded to 97. Although I’m sticking with 47 at the moment for better recoil.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:51 am 

newportblue wrote:

Felt like I was hindering myself not using KE7 at first but the bigger mag with the Lewis gun is just so much better. Comes with 47 rounds to start which can be upgraded to 97. Although I’m sticking with 47 at the moment for better recoil.

Feels like we've come full circle. Absolutely hated the Lewis Gun in BF1. Now I'm having to reconsider this because of all the ammo scarcity/small mags issues with every other weapon.

Not liking the recycled weapons concept though I have to say.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:40 am 

I'd say a lot of the recycled weapons saved the devs a bit of time. Although, they do handle very differently to BF1. As more content is released, we'll get way more news guns.

All the recycled weapons were actually used in WW2 in real life, so it's accurate, but it does remove an amount of novelty value with the new game.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:42 am 

I’m a bit of a destiny forsaken bot, but my details are

PSN : Duli
Xbox : Piehammer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:23 pm 

houtkabouter wrote:

have updated OP :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:24 pm 

normilet wrote:
newportblue wrote:

Feels like we've come full circle. Absolutely hated the Lewis Gun in BF1. Now I'm having to reconsider this because of all the ammo scarcity/small mags issues with every other weapon.

how can you have ammo scarcity as Support as you can Replenish yourself ?

am having way more fun as assault or tank driver on this game, than the other classes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:28 pm 

backrow wrote:
normilet wrote:
newportblue wrote:

am having way more fun as assault or tank driver on this game, than the other classes.

Ammo scarcity was the wrong expression, my bad! Small magazines though. Guess its kinda similar to how I hated the BAR in BF1 too, good gun, but using it felt like I was playing a reloading simulator instead of a game.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:39 pm 

normilet wrote:
backrow wrote:
normilet wrote:
newportblue wrote:

Ammo scarcity was the wrong expression, my bad! Small magazines though. Guess its kinda similar to how I hated the BAR in BF1 too, good gun, but using it felt like I was playing a reloading simulator instead of a game.

ah, I see. yep, Nols loved the Bar, I thought it was a turd on a stick.
provided the recoil isn't too fierce, I don't mind reloading on the BFV maps, as it encourages you to duck & move, as there seem to be less 'safe spots' on the maps compared to bf1

I just get more fun playing with the assault though, the first gun has less recoil & a bigger mag than the starting LMG and seems to be similar TTK, and the second gun is like the Farqhaur and you can sort of mid range snipe from it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:44 pm 

normilet wrote:
backrow wrote:
normilet wrote:
newportblue wrote:

That’s the main reason I changed to the Lewis. Playing conquest and the amount of time I flanked and came up against 2 people and killed one but then had to reload before killing the second ( obviously down to my shit aim to).

I know what you mean about recycling of guns but to me they feel so different and the TTK is so much different it’s not something I’ve had issue with.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:51 pm 

My issue with recycled assets is nothing to do with the gameplay/gunplay experience, and everything to do with having a shiny new toy to play with.
In time they'll roll out loads more, though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:57 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
My issue with recycled assets is nothing to do with the gameplay/gunplay experience, and everything to do with having a shiny new toy to play with.
In time they'll roll out loads more, though.

you such a big kid !

dum di dum di dum OOOH NEW GUN ! SHINY !
*next 20 mins spent checking skins and stats rather than playing game*

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:03 pm 

That's pretty much it!

I can't wait until they release the BAR in this game.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:00 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
That's pretty much it!

I can't wait until they release the BAR in this game.

I'd like to get that Fallschmerger rounded headgear, only in bright purple - that way when I teabag someone after killing them all they will see is a massive Purple Helmet bouncing up and down !

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:57 pm 

backrow wrote:
houtkabouter wrote:

have updated OP :thumbup:

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:38 pm 

had some lolz on some Africa maps;
1. on conquest, being right near their flag near their base, sniping hatch gunners on half tracks, they tried to run me over but couldn't as I hid behind a rock, they didn't have any ammo and I had some - got the same guy times in. da. fais.
2. getting a decent clip of speed up on the allied tracked utilty vehicle and running people over before they can panzerfaust me. I now have a rare unlock for running over 5 peeps in a round (0.3%)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:35 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
Lash up your PSN ID and join all the kool kids in the PR platoon.

On Xbox

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:27 pm 

Oh you poor poor bugger!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:52 pm 

i spunked 14900 coins on the Aviator outfit for my Axis soldiers. utter, utter waste of time as despite the pics before you buy, when you put it on the soldier they look much the same.

they needed to put one of those 'design a character' bits in like the wrestling games, so you can create a Battlfield 5 Donald Duck, or Ronald Macdonald, or Macho Man Randy Savage, or Donald trump.

I would probably LOL if I got shot and then got Teabagged by a Ronald Macdonald with a Gewehr 43 :nod:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:34 pm 

Had a serious cold for about a week which has meant no gym... I’ve just played hours of battlefield.

Got to level 20 on support ( pretty much only class I’ve played) and also level 10 with the Lewis ( and did all the assignments for the Lewis.)

Thought I’d give the MG42 ago. It’s amazing... if you’re in the right position.

I think it’s fastest firing gun in the game and it just ends people in an instant. So much fun :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next