Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:33 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 387, 388, 389, 390, 391, 392, 393 ... 709  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:51 am 

Petej wrote:
ManInTheBar wrote:
SamShark wrote:
I find it quite staggering that MPs are going to kick the can again.

If they are shit-scared of doing something different, rather than just expressing dissatisfaction at the options on the table, why not just admit they have nothing, and vote for May's deal and get it over with.

It's mind-blowingly stupid to just wait a while longer - do more damage to business confidence and spend more money on no deal prep - if they know deep down that all they will do is vote for it at the last minute when it's that versus no deal.

They are a shameful bunch collectively.

All sorts of analysts are going to have fun with this in years to come:
Political studies: why an MP can't vote for an option they will then have to defend to their electorate; why Parties cannot forsake stated positions for fear of their voters
Game theorists: How does the calculation of an individual as to the likely outcomes affect their decision on voting
Historians: WTAF was going through their tiny brains

Historians are going to be brutal if no deal happens. May and Cameron could easily go down as the worst PM s and Corbin as the worst opposition leader in history. The polling results Sam posted really shows how awful a position we are in with our democracy.

Surely they (May) knows this. I find it hard to believe that she'll lead the UK through a hard brexit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:52 am 

TranceNRG wrote:
tazman77 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
The plan is clearly that the believe at the last second the EU will blink and throw Ireland under the bus.

I think it unlikely myself.

:thumbup:
https://extra.ie/2019/02/11/news/brexit/juncker-brexit-night-dublin
Jean-Claude Juncker and his right-hand man, Martin Selmayr, will come to Dublin to mark the night Britain leaves the European Union, it can be revealed.

The European Commission president and his top official plan to spend March 29 here to show solidarity with the Irish people at this crucial time.

So they are going to be crying together..

Crying into their Customs Union.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:52 am 

SamShark wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
The plan is clearly that the believe at the last second the EU will blink and throw Ireland under the bus.

I'm not sure that they do believe that. Only really silly people like David Davis pretend to believe that.

Maybe it's choreographed in some way, to come up with a meaningless concession that allows enough people to climb down. I doubt the ERG will, but it's clear that the strategy of running down the clock (facilitated by Corbyn) means that there really are only two choices.

Whatever fools like Mogg want, I cant see MP's voting for no deal so if the EU write some new letter of assurance everyone will decide that's actually enough. It's a miracle!

As "the will of the people" is to accept a deal that neither Brexiters or remainers like, I wish we could now just do it rather than waste money on fake ferry companies and body bags.

it can't happen anyway; at least not in the way the Brexitreemists frame it. There can't be any, five to midnight, concession, because any material change would require the approval of all of the EU27, & they won't be sat in a room in Brussels on the off chance.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:53 am 

Leffe wrote:
Petej wrote:
ManInTheBar wrote:
SamShark wrote:

If they are shit-scared of doing something different, rather than just expressing dissatisfaction at the options on the table, why not just admit they have nothing, and vote for May's deal and get it over with.

It's mind-blowingly stupid to just wait a while longer - do more damage to business confidence and spend more money on no deal prep - if they know deep down that all they will do is vote for it at the last minute when it's that versus no deal.

Political studies: why an MP can't vote for an option they will then have to defend to their electorate; why Parties cannot forsake stated positions for fear of their voters
Game theorists: How does the calculation of an individual as to the likely outcomes affect their decision on voting

Historians are going to be brutal if no deal happens. May and Cameron could easily go down as the worst PM s and Corbin as the worst opposition leader in history. The polling results Sam posted really shows how awful a position we are in with our democracy.

Surely they (May) knows this. I find it hard to believe that she'll lead the UK through a hard brexit.

One of the big unanswerable questions is: what if the ERG had not shot their wad too early over the letters of no confidence? Now the Tories have no recourse except to hope that she resigns - they wont permit a vote of No Confidence in parliament as that would almost certainly lead to a General Election with the only predictable consequence that the Conservative Party would break under its internal contradictions.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:54 am 

sewa wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:
tazman77 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

Jean-Claude Juncker and his right-hand man, Martin Selmayr, will come to Dublin to mark the night Britain leaves the European Union, it can be revealed.

The European Commission president and his top official plan to spend March 29 here to show solidarity with the Irish people at this crucial time.

So they are going to be laughing together..

Fixed, how is the market

Are they going to be laughing about Ireland economy collapsing and Eurozone going in to recession if there's no deal? That's a bit insensitive don't you think?
What market?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:56 am 

tazman77 wrote:
Leffe wrote:
SamShark wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

I'm not sure that they do believe that. Only really silly people like David Davis pretend to believe that.

Maybe it's choreographed in some way, to come up with a meaningless concession that allows enough people to climb down. I doubt the ERG will, but it's clear that the strategy of running down the clock (facilitated by Corbyn) means that there really are only two choices.

Whatever fools like Mogg want, I cant see MP's voting for no deal so if the EU write some new letter of assurance everyone will decide that's actually enough. It's a miracle!

As "the will of the people" is to accept a deal that neither Brexiters or remainers like, I wish we could now just do it rather than waste money on fake ferry companies and body bags.

Labour indicated that if their options were not accepted, then No-Deal isn't, so it should go "back to the people".

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/keir-starmer-unhappy-after-jeremy-corbyn-team-remove-reference-to-peoples-vote-letter-in-letter-to-theresa-may-1-5886937

x(

Pinning all my hopes on May is not an idea place to be.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:57 am 

TranceNRG wrote:
Are they going to be laughing about Ireland economy collapsing and Eurozone going in to recession if there's no deal? That's a bit insensitive don't you think?
What market?

Ireland will adapt to whatever happens. At least we will have certainty.

The crypto market, is it a good buying opportunity?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:58 am 

Leffe wrote:
Petej wrote:
ManInTheBar wrote:
SamShark wrote:

If you've been paying attention, she's trying not to despite idiots like Farage saying leave now. She clearly wants to leave the a deal. It'll be interesting to see what happens if there's no legal change change to the Withdrawal Agreement/Backstop and how the parliament will react.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:58 am 

TranceNRG wrote:
tazman77 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

Try not to appear like a bitter idiot at every turn. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:59 am 

TranceNRG wrote:
sewa wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:
tazman77 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

So they are going to be laughing together..

Fixed, how is the market

What market?

The Irish economy won't collapse. Anything else you need clarification on ?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:59 am 

sewa wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:
What market?

I don't know why you are going on about it. I bought some cryptos via CFDs about a year and half ago however I've always been sceptical about them. Luckily it's only about 2% of my investments and I'm OK with the losses.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:00 pm 

TranceNRG wrote:
What market?

You know you're in a weak negotiating position, when your stance is "we'll bring you down too" and not "this is what we can contribute and positively bring to the party".

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:01 pm 

The Sun God wrote:

I'm glad you can say with such confidence. I'm sure you think UK economy will though and UK will be in dark ages, like the rest of the EU fanboy club.
What about the Eurozone? Are you confident there won't be a recession?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:01 pm 

TranceNRG wrote:
Leffe wrote:
Petej wrote:
ManInTheBar wrote:
SamShark wrote:

If you've been paying attention, she's trying not to despite idiots like Farage saying leave now. She clearly wants to leave the a deal. It'll be interesting to see what happens if there's no legal change change to the Withdrawal Agreement/Backstop and how the parliament will react.

The deal is nonsense... you'd know that if you'd been paying attention.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:02 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:
tazman77 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

Not bitter at all.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:05 pm 

TranceNRG wrote:
sewa wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:
What market?

I don't know why you are going on about it. I bought some cryptos via CFDs about a year and half ago however I've always been sceptical about them. Luckily it's only about 2% of my investments and I'm OK with the losses.

:x never OK with losses.They undermine the morale of the room. Losses are shit and accepting them make you a loser.....Are you a fúcking loser ?......... Straight out of my Solomon Brothers graduate handbook circa 1983. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:07 pm 

TranceNRG wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

Not bitter at all.

At least you're now accepting you're an idiot.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:08 pm 

The Sun God wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:
sewa wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:
What market?

:x never OK with losses.They undermine the morale of the room. Losses are shit and accepting them make you a loser.....Are you a fúcking loser ?......... Straight out of my Solomon Brothers graduate handbook circa 1983. 8)

No one's happy with losses (and I was pissed off at the time for investing in them but that's hindsight) however I am not going to lose sleep over it. I still have the positions open and thinking whether to close them or not (looking at about 2K loss).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:10 pm 

The Sun God wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:
sewa wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:
What market?

He's an Australian.

Mind you, we only have his word for that; it's certainly possible that he could be a GRU operative.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:12 pm 

TranceNRG wrote:
The Sun God wrote:

I'm glad you can say with such confidence. I'm sure you think UK economy will though and UK will be in dark ages, like the rest of the EU fanboy club.
What about the Eurozone? Are you confident there won't be a recession?

I say it with the 'confidence' of someone who has seen many booms and busts and who has worked in Capital markets all my working life. The Irish economy won't collapse. The UK economy likewise wont collapse, it will get a butt fúcking of biblical proportions but will eventually recover to pre 2016 levels in about 10 years.
The Eurozone may or may not go into recession but that's just a natural part of the economic cycle as markets adjust to change and new markets are opened or expanded into.
If You want to have a go at me on this subject, I am here all day fella.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:12 pm 

TranceNRG wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:

No one's happy with losses (and I was pissed off at the time for investing in them but that's hindsight) however I am not going to lose sleep over it. I still have the positions open and thinking whether to close them or not (looking at about 2K loss).

You made a lot of very confident predictions here regarding Brexit, did you also gamble on these predictions? If so how did that work out for you?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:16 pm 

:lol: Well glad we agree on that. Ireland economy will get hit just as hard despite the chestbeating from some of the Irish who post here. Of course I don't want either country to suffer.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:17 pm 

sewa wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:

You made a lot of very confident predictions here regarding Brexit, did you also gamble on these predictions? If so how did that work out for you?

How have your predictions gone? I guess my prediction was there would be a reasonable deal done at the last minute. There's still a way to go in this.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:22 pm 

TranceNRG wrote:
:lol: Well glad we agree on that. Ireland economy will get hit just as hard despite the chestbeating from some of the Irish who post here. Of course I don't want either country to suffer.

If only we had somebody who as already said they are going to help financially offset the costs Ireland will face and support our Economy.

A large trading bloc or the like.

Not that your glee at fúcking us both over because 52% of English people are retards isn't appreciated

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:26 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:

If only we had somebody who as already said they are going to help financially offset the costs Ireland will face and support our Economy.

A large trading bloc or the like.

Not that your glee at fúcking us both over because 52% of English people including many Australian migrants are retards isn't appreciated

Corrected.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:32 pm 

I was looking at some of the export/import implications for both the UK and Ireland this morning.

I came across this link. Its quite interesting.

I knew Ireland and its beef dominance(67% of your beef imports), was surprised by a lot of other countries.

https://www.glotechrepairs.co.uk/news/the-uks-top-food-imports-and-where-they-come-from/

The import data for the first 6 months of 2018 was collected from HM Revenue & Customs.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:48 pm 

TranceNRG wrote:
sewa wrote:

How have your predictions gone? I guess my prediction was there would be a reasonable deal done at the last minute. There's still a way to go in this.

No, you predicted that Merkel would be told by BMW and Mercedes to just give in and agree to anything you wanted.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:51 pm 

tazman77 wrote:
I was looking at some of the export/import implications for both the UK and Ireland this morning.

I knew Ireland and its beef dominance(67% of your beef imports), was surprised by a lot of other countries.

https://www.glotechrepairs.co.uk/news/the-uks-top-food-imports-and-where-they-come-from/

The import data for the first 6 months of 2018 was collected from HM Revenue & Customs.

The thing about beef is that production can't be ramped up instantly by pressing a button. It takes between 14 and 30 months to produce prime beef calves for slaughter. Assuming Brexit in March, and adding in the gestation period of 9 months you are talking between two and three years after Brexit before new meat production hits the market.

This time lag exists for a lot of agricultural production.

What it means is that there is effectively a two year or so grace period for, say, Irish beef suppliers to the UK to find alternative markets for their produce, starting with premium British/Scottish beef exports into the EU.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:54 pm 

The Maybot is taking the piss at this stage.

https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/sta ... 4715005952

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:05 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
tazman77 wrote:

The thing about beef is that production can't be ramped up instantly by pressing a button. It takes between 14 and 30 months to produce prime beef calves for slaughter. Assuming Brexit in March, and adding in the gestation period of 9 months you are talking between two and three years after Brexit before new meat production hits the market.

This time lag exists for a lot of agricultural production.

What it means is that there is effectively a two year or so grace period for, say, Irish beef suppliers to the UK to find alternative markets for their produce, starting with premium British/Scottish beef exports into the EU.

Also requires land to be switched from other production and significant investment in livestock.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:07 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
The Maybot is taking the piss at this stage.

https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/sta ... 4715005952

Item 3 - To discuss progress in Brexit negotiations

Didn't take long

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:21 pm 

“Irish glee” Who is this Australian gobshite

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:22 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
“Irish glee” Who is this Australian gobshite

The anti-immigration immigrant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:38 pm 

The conservatives have appointed a proper youth to be youth spokesman. He is a mere 48 years old after the two previous youths (28 and 30) resigned due to maybots brexit deal. :lol:

Failing grayling and gav lethality Williamson. Our politicians are a national embarrassment.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:41 pm 

Petej wrote:
The conservatives have appointed a proper youth to be youth spokesman. He is a mere 48 years old after the two previous youths (28 and 30) resigned due to maybots brexit deal. :lol:

Failing grayling and gav lethality Williamson. Our politicians are an international embarrassment.

Corrected for scope

Last edited by ManInTheBar on Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:48 pm 

ManInTheBar wrote:
Petej wrote:
Our politicians are a international embarrassment.

Corrected for scope

From todays Guardian:

Quote:
The Netherlands
“It’s a mixture of bemusement and bewilderment,” says Michiel van Hulten, a former MEP. “On one level it’s entertaining, great spectacle. A pantomime you can’t stop watching. As you know, we love British comedy. Except this isn’t Monty Python, it’s your politicians.”

In June 1667, Samuel Pepys recorded an English MP spluttering: “I think the Devil shits Dutchmen,” after the Dutch fleet sailed merrily up the Medway and trashed the pride of the Royal Navy.

Anglo-Dutch relations have come a long way since then. Politically, minds met in the EU: pragmatic, and distrusting of a Franco-German stitch-up. In business, dual-nationals Shell and Unilever flourished; more than 80,000 Dutch companies now trade with the UK.

And the people? The Dutch master English like none other; admire and consume British culture in quantity; adore British humour. The Brits were people the Dutch could relate to. Then came Brexit.

It’s bewildering, says Van Hulten. “We had such a close relationship. For a whole postwar generation, the UK was a shining example. People just cannot fathom that a country that played such a vital role internationally, and in Europe, cannot even manage its own affairs.”

Thijs van den Berg, an Amsterdam English teacher, says he feels rejected. “As with any ex-lover, you now dislike what used to attract you. We liked your eccentricity because we knew at heart you were serious. Now you don’t look serious at all. Those jokes, that posturing – it just looks silly. Irresponsible.”

The Dutch, who reckon even a soft Brexit will cost them 3% of GDP, are better prepared than anyone for no deal. And there are silver linings: besides the European Medicines Agency, big-name multinationals such as Sony and Panasonic are shifting their EU HQs to Amsterdam, and 250 more firms are talking about it.

Then there is the fact that Brexit has inoculated them against the Nexit their wilder politicians are still flogging: 72% now say they are best off in the EU.

But mainly, a country they once felt they knew has become a mystery. When parliament sent Theresa May back to Brussels to renegotiate, the Dutch paper Trouw described it thus: “It’s a bit like the crew of the Titanic deciding, by majority vote, that the iceberg really must get out of the way.” Jon Henley

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:00 pm 

https://labour.org.uk/press/jeremy-corbyn-responds-theresa-mays-ministerial-statement-leaving-eu/

Good speech by Jezza but ultimately pointless

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:03 pm 

sewa wrote:

Lovely quote from Fox :

"It is too difficult to hire and fire, and too expensive to take on new employees. It is intellectually unsustainable to believe that workplace rights should remain untouchable.”

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:05 pm 

ManInTheBar wrote:
sewa wrote:

Lovely quote from Fox :

"It is too difficult to hire and fire, and too expensive to take on new employees. It is intellectually unsustainable to believe that workplace rights should remain untouchable.”

:(

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:10 pm 

ManInTheBar wrote:
sewa wrote:

Lovely quote from Fox :

Indeed, the EU is going in exactly the opposite direction. Making sure agency workers rights are protected, ensuring that if you do a part time or unpredictable hours job like Deliveroo or Uber your rights are still fully protected, your probation can only last six months etc

https://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?catId=706&langId=en&intPageId=207

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sides/getDoc.do?pubRef=-//EP//TEXT+REPORT+A8-2018-0355+0+DOC+XML+V0//EN#title2

This sort of stuff drives the Tory scum mad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 387, 388, 389, 390, 391, 392, 393 ... 709  Next