Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 772, 773, 774, 775, 776, 777, 778 ... 1243  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:13 pm 

I think the Brexiters are waiting to see the makeup of the EU parliament and who becomes EU commission president at the end of the year.

If the EU parliament becomes a majority of pro EU EPP/S&D/ALDE and the EU commission president president becomes Manfred Weber, I reckon the new Tory leader and PM will rush through the Brexit before the end of this year as they will find him even tougher than Juncker

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:14 pm 

Leffe wrote:
Sam, it's all very easy shouting "hard brexit now" from the wings, but going down in the history books as the captain of that ship is another thing.

If there's a new PM before this is sorted, that person is tarred with the Brexit brush. They know all too well the ramifications for the country, they know all too well that they can benefit on the fringes but in no way can look good as PM.

Will the UK be in better health 3 years after leaving the EU than its been in the 3 years since the referendum to leave it?

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:17 pm 

ForzaIt wrote:
Leffe wrote:
Sam, it's all very easy shouting "hard brexit now" from the wings, but going down in the history books as the captain of that ship is another thing.

If there's a new PM before this is sorted, that person is tarred with the Brexit brush. They know all too well the ramifications for the country, they know all too well that they can benefit on the fringes but in no way can look good as PM.

Will the UK be in better health 3 years after leaving the EU than its been in the 3 years since the referendum to leave it?

No

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:17 pm 

ForzaIt wrote:
Leffe wrote:

Or will it be worse than before the referendum or will it be worse than if it revokes A50?

I think you need to ask all questions, not just the ones which suit your own agenda...

But to answer your question, clearly worse off 3 years after actually leaving access to the single market. In this short period no valuable trade deals which offset the additional transport costs will be negotiated and the poor deal will compensate for access to hte EU common market.

Could get a trade deal with Japan, but it'll be worse than the UK has now via the EU, and transport costs mean another blow to manufacturers who are not expanding their market, but replacing one on their door step with one at the other side of the planet.

Last edited by Leffe on Wed May 22, 2019 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:20 pm 

Is this twat Toga?

Again ffs

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:26 pm 

c69 wrote:
Is this twat Toga?

Again ffs

Think so.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:26 pm 

c69 wrote:
Is this twat Toga?

Again ffs

The one balled noob is already asking questions and people who should know better answering

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:28 pm 

Leffe wrote:
ForzaIt wrote:
Leffe wrote:

Or will it be worse than before the referendum or will it be worse than if it revokes A50?

I think you need to ask all questions, not just the ones which suit your own agenda...

But to answer your question, clearly worse off 3 years after actually leaving access to the single market. In this short period no valuable trade deals which offset the additional transport costs will be negotiated and the poor deal will compensate for access to hte EU common market.

Could get a trade deal with Japan, but it'll be worse than the UK has now via the EU, and transport costs mean another blow to manufacturers who are not expanding their market, but replacing one on their door step with one at the other side of the planet.

I haven't got an agenda, I was just asking if people think once out then at least there's been a decision made. It's like death by a thousand cuts at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:29 pm 

sewa wrote:
c69 wrote:
Is this twat Toga?

Again ffs

The one balled noob is already asking questions and people who should know better answering

There is so much to this forum that I do not understand :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:31 pm 

ForzaIt wrote:
Leffe wrote:
ForzaIt wrote:
Leffe wrote:

I haven't got an agenda, I was just asking if people think once out then at least there's been a decision made. It's like death by a thousand cuts at the moment.

HOw about we make that decision "Remain"? Do you think that in 3 years time that this will cause less impact than you're two options?

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:31 pm 

Leffe wrote:
sewa wrote:
c69 wrote:
Is this twat Toga?

Again ffs

There is so much to this forum that I do not understand :lol:

I just asked a question. See reason above. I'm not eligible to vote so I have no skin in the game.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:33 pm 

Leffe wrote:
ForzaIt wrote:
Leffe wrote:
ForzaIt wrote:
Leffe wrote:

HOw about we make that decision "Remain"? Do you think that in 3 years time that this will cause less impact than you're two options?

That question has already been asked. My background is Italian so probably I'm not the best EU person to ask how I think things will be in 3 years!

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:39 pm 

ForzaIt wrote:
Leffe wrote:
ForzaIt wrote:
Leffe wrote:
ForzaIt wrote:

That question has already been asked. My background is Italian so probably I'm not the best EU person to ask how I think things will be in 3 years!

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:51 pm 

SamShark wrote:
It's hard to see a way out of the current mess.

Labour are irrelevant unless they change position. Nobody seems to want their "jobs first" Brexit.

Around 30% of the population want no deal, about 55% don't want to leave at all.

We are literally going to do sod all until a new Tory leader, who will be divisive, disliked by huge swathes of the country and will then face the same reality check May did.

Labour of course turned down the chance to block no deal - it's on them as well as whatever hard Brexiteer becomes PM.

I don't think Boris has any plans; once he gets his fat ass inside No. 10; beyond a big bag of coke, & a bunch of hookers.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:58 pm 

Leffe wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
Jo Cox's widower Brendan Cox also spoke out, saying that politicians should be able to "campaign without harassment, intimidation and abuse".

Hardly surprising he does not post on here...I guess

Should that MP have been allowed to be interviewed outside Westminster without being harrassed by theat nut job Brexiteer with a megaphone and recording equipment?

Are all things equal here?

That’s a remainder with the megaphone.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:59 pm 

SamShark wrote:
It is quite rich for someone who goes round the country telling everyone they have been betrayed (tearing apart the fabric of society, telling them that civil servants, for instance, are against them) to feign horror when this febrile environment he's created leads to a few people wielding cups of milk.

I really wish he'd just fudge off somewhere - anywhere - not here.

No surprise you consider force a useful political tool.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:00 pm 

easyray wrote:
SamShark wrote:
It is quite rich for someone who goes round the country telling everyone they have been betrayed (tearing apart the fabric of society, telling them that civil servants, for instance, are against them) to feign horror when this febrile environment he's created leads to a few people wielding cups of milk.

Yep. Such a coward as well. Somebody 'suggested' there were 3 youths with milkshaes and he shits it.

Remarkable.....

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:14 pm 

Hang on, surely any politician who gets attacked and stuff thrown should be classed as assault and dealt with harshly ? I don’t think farage + milk = funny, corbyn + egg = not funny

Thought nige dealt with the situation pretty well tbh - where is the scale or arbiter of what is funny substance and what is not ? Is acid funny ? Petrol ?

In these post jo cox days I think politicians and any public figure should have the maximum penalties imposed on assailants to act as a deterrence .

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:17 pm 

backrow wrote:
Hang on, surely any politician who gets attacked and stuff thrown should be classed as assault and dealt with harshly ? I don’t think farage + milk = funny, corbyn + egg = not funny

Thought nige dealt with the situation pretty well tbh - where is the scale or arbiter of what is funny substance and what is not ? Is acid funny ? Petrol ?

In these post jo cox days I think politicians and any public figure should have the maximum penalties imposed on assailants to act as a deterrence .

Yes but apparently this only applies if you agree with the politician ....

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:18 pm 

backrow wrote:

Food, whatever. Corrosive substances, not funny.

Pretty simple mate.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:24 pm 

bimboman wrote:
SamShark wrote:

No surprise you defend lies and demagoguery as a political tool.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:31 pm 

:lol: oh dear feck

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:32 pm 

https://youtu.be/y2SZPb7UUtc

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:36 pm 

SamShark wrote:
bimboman wrote:
SamShark wrote:

No surprise you defend lies and demagoguery as a political tool.

Not wanting politicians attacked is now “defending their policies “?

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:55 pm 

Taking the piss out of a complete c*nt is now "considering force"?

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:58 pm 

It is extraordinary how much hate Brexit creates.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:58 pm 

SamShark wrote:
Taking the piss out of a complete c*nt is now "considering force"?

Cheering on the use of force is.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:59 pm 

I like haggis wrote:
backrow wrote:

Food, whatever. Corrosive substances, not funny.

Pretty simple mate.

What if farage was allergic to an ingredient and had a reaction ?

So if someone who doesn’t like you lobs a milkshake on you , that is funny then ?

I loath Corbyn but he’s democratically elected MP and should be allowed to campaign and lecture without getting egged. To me that’s the whole point of democracy, you should be free to speak so long as it’s not directly inciting crimes.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:03 pm 

backrow wrote:
To me that’s the whole point of democracy, you should be free to speak so long as it’s not directly inciting crimes.

:thumbup:

There is a clear disconnect between politicians and the constituents who vote for them but social media is the catalyst now for so much of this hatred and aggression.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:05 pm 

How hard can it be for twats to stop throwing things?

So, stop throwing things, twats.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:42 pm 

ForzaIt wrote:
Leffe wrote:

No

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:58 pm 

ForzaIt wrote:

Yes, I'm sure the husband of Joe Cox agrees.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:59 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:
How hard can it be for twats to stop throwing things?

So, stop throwing things, twats.

Like bullets? Yes, if we could all stop throwing bullets at people it would be nice.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:08 pm 

The multis are out.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:11 pm 

Leffe wrote:
ForzaIt wrote:

Yes , I'm sure you feel entitled to speak on his behalf

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:29 pm 

fishfoodie wrote:
SamShark wrote:
It's hard to see a way out of the current mess.

Labour are irrelevant unless they change position. Nobody seems to want their "jobs first" Brexit.

Around 30% of the population want no deal, about 55% don't want to leave at all.

We are literally going to do sod all until a new Tory leader, who will be divisive, disliked by huge swathes of the country and will then face the same reality check May did.

Labour of course turned down the chance to block no deal - it's on them as well as whatever hard Brexiteer becomes PM.

I don't think Boris has any plans; once he gets his fat ass inside No. 10; beyond a big bag of coke, & a bunch of hookers.

I'm out

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:43 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:
Leffe wrote:
ForzaIt wrote:

Yes , I'm sure you feel entitled to speak on his behalf

It's just a guess Mick. Maybe hed disagree with me,who's to know... eh?

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:26 am 

Does anyone actually think that Brexit could speed up the potential disintegration of the UK ..... ?

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:59 am 

SamShark wrote:

The "cups of milk" isn't really the issue, it's politicians being attacked. Today it might be milk, but there have been those on social media advocating throwing acid. If we're tolerating or encouraging this, how long before some unhinged loon takes it upon themselves to splash a "racist" with acid believing it's justified? Then comes the retribution from the other side. It's a slippery slope I'd really rather our politics didn't go down. We don't have to agree with political views but we can at least agree that people have the freedom to hold them without members of the public physically throwing substances at them. There are legitimate forms of protest, this isn't one of them.

Farage isn't actually "telling" anyone anything, he is lending his voice to what they already believe. If he stopped, they'd rally around someone else who held similar views to theirs. We can't silence people Commie-style because we dont like their message, because ultimately their message comes from how the people feel and clearly the 17.4 million Britons who voted for Brexit are feeling pretty betrayed that we're still in the EU.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:52 am 

A politician was literally shot and killed for being a remainder.

When you talk about political violence maybe remember that?

Oh, and she was killed by someone shouting the guff Farage and his like are screaming about right now.

And a National Force member was jailed the other day for plotting to kill an MP.

Milkshakes aren't the problem.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 772, 773, 774, 775, 776, 777, 778 ... 1243  Next