Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35342 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 795, 796, 797, 798, 799, 800, 801 ... 884  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32325
Location: Dublin
SamShark wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
SamShark wrote:
The one thing the parties will fear is that you can see from results coming through that Brexit party can top areas, which in these elections is cancelled out if Lib Dems and Green, say, also do well.

But in FPTP they could win seats.

Obvs last Euro elections weren't replicated in the GEs


It's not FPTP though. It's closed list unless you're talking about future GE


I know, in a GE it would be


We've been here before.

Once a GE happens, people vote negatively and will vote to keep the party they hate out so won't be voting for Brexit party...unless unless unless it becomes Lib Dems v Brexit party.

More likely to be Concervatives v Labour.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 9:28 am
Posts: 354
Perhaps it's because Helen Whatley is sat next to Emily Thornberry but she'd definitely get it :nod:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10847
Quote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/tomhfh/status/1132758021665415173


Quick results coming in here. Labour win in London area.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:53 pm
Posts: 1262
Emma Thornberry being very clear about Labour's policy. Wonder if Corbyn will agree? She is also going hard on Lib Dems?


Last edited by mdaclarke on Sun May 26, 2019 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18260
I'm amazed how many councils have declared individually - I just searched my own in London and the results are out


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12918
Was Scotland indyref 2? Surely any independence voter went for snp?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18260
Change Uk votes were wasted really


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:18 am
Posts: 5405
Change UK have not started well. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:30 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 50450
mdaclarke wrote:
Emma Thornberry being very clear about Labour's policy. Wonder if Corbyn will agree? She is also going hard on Lib Dems?



Of course he’ll agree, then of course do the opposite.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10847
maverickmak wrote:
Change UK have not started well. :lol:

:lol: :lol: Leader has already said the party may fold.

Brexit party have taken the north east 2-1 from labour.

Was expected to be 1/1/1 BP/Lab/Lib


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18260
maverickmak wrote:
Change UK have not started well. :lol:


It shows how it's a real waste for getting seats - fine for the overall remain vs leave but really they probably just made "remain" lose seats.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18260
bimboman wrote:
mdaclarke wrote:
Emma Thornberry being very clear about Labour's policy. Wonder if Corbyn will agree? She is also going hard on Lib Dems?



Of course he’ll agree, then of course do the opposite.


Milne is just preparing a quote to say the "clear conference policy stands."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10847
SamShark wrote:
maverickmak wrote:
Change UK have not started well. :lol:


It shows how it's a real waste for getting seats - fine for the overall remain vs leave but really they probably just made "remain" lose seats.

How do Remainers see the diff between Lib Dem’s and greens?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18260
Wendigo7 wrote:
SamShark wrote:
maverickmak wrote:
Change UK have not started well. :lol:


It shows how it's a real waste for getting seats - fine for the overall remain vs leave but really they probably just made "remain" lose seats.

How do Remainers see the diff between Lib Dem’s and greens?


In remain terms, nothing.

Obviously more widely Lib Dems are centrist, Lib Dems more socialist.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:18 am
Posts: 5405
SamShark wrote:
maverickmak wrote:
Change UK have not started well. :lol:


It shows how it's a real waste for getting seats - fine for the overall remain vs leave but really they probably just made "remain" lose seats.


And whilst Labour will get a kicking here, they've ousted a number of Blairites for limited damage.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:36 pm
Posts: 13350
Location: Above you.
RodneyRegis wrote:
Was Scotland indyref 2? Surely any independence voter went for snp?


That’s what I’m reading for the Brexit Party. Wonder if they’ll get > 50%


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:30 am
Posts: 2374
Why does Jacob’s sister sound so much less of a posh twat than her brother?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10847
SamShark wrote:
Wendigo7 wrote:
SamShark wrote:
maverickmak wrote:
Change UK have not started well. :lol:


It shows how it's a real waste for getting seats - fine for the overall remain vs leave but really they probably just made "remain" lose seats.

How do Remainers see the diff between Lib Dem’s and greens?


In remain terms, nothing.

Obviously more widely Lib Dems are centrist, Lib Dems more socialist.

Good shout Sam.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18260
BokJock wrote:
Why does Jacob’s sister sound so much less of a posh twat than her brother?


Amazing isn't it.

Imagine when he came home at Christmas talking like that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20075
SamShark wrote:
Change Uk votes were wasted really


Still being beaten by a collapsed UKIP is humiliating. Those UKIP votes were equally wasted.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18260
Mick Mannock wrote:
SamShark wrote:
Change Uk votes were wasted really


Still being beaten by a collapsed UKIP is humiliating. Those UKIP votes were equally wasted.


True.

Looks like in remainy parts of London you might get about 7K votes for Change UK in each borough.

Hope they haven't prevented remain party seats.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6457
Location: Over the hills and far away...
Corbyn lost to Lib Dems in his own constituency. On his birthday apparently :lol:

One of the few fun highlights on what will be a depressing evening. How Farage can convince that many people to vote for him, his party and/or his ideology is beyond depressing really.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18260
Another thing that seems disappointingly clear.

In the northern areas where turnout was really low, Brexit Party voters did actually turn up, Labour didn't bother.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10847
Difficult in all this is it seems where remain is strong, the % is up but that doesn’t change the vote or amount of MEPs.

Same in leave areas. They are pissed off but still miles ahead.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10847
Chukka speaking well.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32325
Location: Dublin
This success for Brexit party will now put pressure on the Tories to put in a Brexit/No Deal PM.

Esther McVey anyone????


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:53 pm
Posts: 1262
SamShark wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
SamShark wrote:
Change Uk votes were wasted really


Still being beaten by a collapsed UKIP is humiliating. Those UKIP votes were equally wasted.


True.

Looks like in remainy parts of London you might get about 7K votes for Change UK in each borough.

Hope they haven't prevented remain party seats.



I think Change UK are deluded about talking about a "merger" with the lib dems. Why would the Lib Dems want to merge with them. If I was the Lib Dems I would take the Scarletts take on merging. I.e. They will wear yellow, Vince Cable will be leader and they will be called the Lib Dems.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18260
Wendigo7 wrote:
Difficult in all this is it seems where remain is strong, the % is up but that doesn’t change the vote or amount of MEPs.

Same in leave areas. They are pissed off but still miles ahead.


That was always the prediction.

You'd need a pact between Green, Lib Dem and Change as a "remain party" to win lots of seats.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10847
Anne Widdecombe told the Press Officer to tuck his shirt in and maintain standards.

:lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2412
:P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18260
Ed Davey "Brexit party have done OK"

:lol: Good spinning

Fingers crossed for the overall remain vote - lots of Brexity areas to come like the South East and East of England.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18260
Wendigo7 wrote:
Anne Widdecombe told the Press Officer to tuck his shirt in and maintain standards.

:lol: :lol: :lol:


fudge me, those poor European politicians having to hear her in their ear now (when she turns up)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6457
Location: Over the hills and far away...
SamShark wrote:
Wendigo7 wrote:
Difficult in all this is it seems where remain is strong, the % is up but that doesn’t change the vote or amount of MEPs.

Same in leave areas. They are pissed off but still miles ahead.


That was always the prediction.

You'd need a pact between Green, Lib Dem and Change as a "remain party" to win lots of seats.


Yeah, the Changers are typical for modern politicians: 'we are breaking away to work to Remain in the EU, but we couldn't possibly join or actively work with other parties that want to achieve this.'


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32325
Location: Dublin
Wendigo7 wrote:
Anne Widdecombe told the Press Officer to tuck his shirt in and maintain standards.

:lol: :lol: :lol:


She should go to the dentist and get her teeth cleaned and maintain standards.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10847
Labour Party holy shit.

Labour win by a couple of votes from Lib Dem’s, who won by a couple of seats from BP.

23.7 to 23.6 to 23.5 in Croydon.

Holy shit that’s as close as it gets.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19323
Just chatting to the (labour obvs) mayor of hackney and a couple of other council level labour party people. They believe that if there was a GE tomorrow, both Corbyn and Abbott would be seriously in jeopardy.

Happy days


Last edited by happyhooker on Sun May 26, 2019 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 9:28 am
Posts: 354
iarmhiman wrote:
Wendigo7 wrote:
Anne Widdecombe told the Press Officer to tuck his shirt in and maintain standards.

:lol: :lol: :lol:


She should go to the dentist and get her teeth cleaned and maintain standards.


If her teeth are crap then at least she's maintaining British standards


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18260
I have a lot of sympathy for the Change UK MPs

They knew the career risks, went out on a limb for damn good reasons, and at the time Lib Dems still looked shot.

Unfortunately things "changed"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10847
happyhooker wrote:
Just chatting to the (labour obvs) mayor of hackney and a couple of other council level labour party people. They believe that if there was a GE tomorrow, both Corbyn and Abbott will be seriously in jeopardy.

Happy days

LET THIS BE TRUE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18260
Lets have a GE - Corbyn and Boris to lose their seats


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35342 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 795, 796, 797, 798, 799, 800, 801 ... 884  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big Nipper, bimboman, Blake, clydecloggie, DOB, Gazzamonster, Google Adsense [Bot], Jay Cee Gee, KnuckleDragger, Laurent, lhass, Lobby, mr bungle, nardol, Olo, penguin, Phredd, Rinkals, Sandstorm, Santa, ScarfaceClaw, SilverGrin, St_Badger, The Sun God, ticketlessinseattle, ukjim, unseenwork, Woddy and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group