Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1026, 1027, 1028, 1029, 1030, 1031, 1032 ... 1243  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:18 am 

Mullet 2 wrote:
You're all worse for engaging with him.

Man is Rupert Murdochs wet dream .

Murdochs a remainer.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:21 am 

bimboman wrote:
SamShark wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:
This is where "offered us an FTA" came from, so lets be clear that we could always have had a FTA ONLY provided there were seperate arrangements for NI.

An EU red line ? Who’d a thought it.

Another Brexiteer who thinks only the UK is allowed politics and red lines.

You were told plenty of times that we wouldn't push the EU around.

1 vs 27 is pretty f**king stark.

BMW wasn't as important as the entire project after all

But you and others have only held British red lines as being responsible for a no deal.

Get a grip on reality.

We decided to leave, negotiated a deal based on our own red lines, then told the EU to fudge off as we were rejecting the deal we negotiated ourselves.

In what world does a smaller party walk away from a club, and dictate the terms of their departure in a way that damages the club they are leaving.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:23 am 

bimboman wrote:
Nobleman wrote:
zzzz wrote:
SamShark wrote:
Quote:
Thank God so many Remainers are available to tell us Leavers what we voted for. Not sure where we would be w/out this service.

We're just replaying what you said feller.

You've been quite clear that Brexit voters knew that no deal was an option, meaning that you think they were too wise to believe the Brexiteer claims that it would be an easy and profitable deal, because the EU need us more than we need them/BMW, prosecco etc.

I quite agree there were many reasons people voted for leave - all manner of issues - which is why claims like "Everyone voted to leave the CU and SM" are so laughable.

Own what your side has done, don't blame us.

This is Nobleman's "I am willing to volunteer as a fool to maintain the internal logic of my argument" gambit.

Thinking No Deal was unlikely is not the same thing as conditioning Leave on a deal. To think otherwise is to argue Leavers believed we should only ever be allowed to Leave on the terms the EU set. You only have to raise the proposition to recognise it is obviously false.

This "No Vote for No Deal" crap is just political gaslighting.

Is it me or are zzzzz's post becoming more unintelligible by the day. The weaker his argument the more incoherent and belligerent he becomes.

It’s you. I’d imagine Rinkals is confused as well though.

Well, bearing in mind that I can't, for the life of me see anything positive from Brexit for either side, the determination to cling to it in the face of the likely economic penalties is certainly baffling.

Perhaps you'd like to list the positives for me?

You are welcome to start off with Pint Pots, Bendy Bananas and Blue Passports, if you like.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:27 am 

SamShark wrote:
In what world does a smaller party walk away from a club, and dictate the terms of their departure in a way that damages the club they are leaving.

Wait Sam. Are you saying that blowing our own foot off as we head out the door isn't sticking it to the EU? :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:30 am 

Sandstorm wrote:
SamShark wrote:

Wait Sam. Are you saying that blowing our own foot off as we head out the door isn't sticking it to the EU? :shock:

Well apparently it will fudge Ireland.

I can only imagine the outrage in a paralell universe if France were leaving the EU, were told it would be damaging, but pushed back with "Oh well it will fudge the UK more than us"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:35 am 

bimboman wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

Murdochs a remainer.

Oh just fúck off will you:

Just a couple of the myriad articles out there.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... nald-trump

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.joe.co ... son-238228

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:38 am 

happyhooker wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

Murdochs a remainer.

Oh just fúck off will you:

Just a couple of the myriad articles out there.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.joe.co ... son-238228

Swanny's Cricket Show lower down that link :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:41 am 

SamShark wrote:
zzzz wrote:
SamShark wrote:
Quote:
Thank God so many Remainers are available to tell us Leavers what we voted for. Not sure where we would be w/out this service.

You've been quite clear that Brexit voters knew that no deal was an option, meaning that you think they were too wise to believe the Brexiteer claims that it would be an easy and profitable deal, because the EU need us more than we need them/BMW, prosecco etc.

I quite agree there were many reasons people voted for leave - all manner of issues - which is why claims like "Everyone voted to leave the CU and SM" are so laughable.

This is Nobleman's "I am willing to volunteer as a fool to maintain the internal logic of my argument" gambit.

Thinking No Deal was unlikely is not the same thing as conditioning Leave on a deal. To think otherwise is to argue Leavers believed we should only ever be allowed to Leave on the terms the EU set. You only have to raise the proposition to recognise it is obviously false.

Your argument would have been stronger if there was a thumping majority for leave.

There wasn't - a few hundred thousand votes would have swung it the other way, never mind the clear demographic change in the last 3 years.

It's highly questionable to believe 17 million people judge that the most extreme and damaging form of Brexit is fine, and claims that Brexit would be easy were meaningless and can be written off.

The core Brexiteer argument from day one has been "will of the people". It's time the leading Brexiteers just admitted no deal is what they want and stop feeding us this drivel about democracy.

80% of the votes cast at the last general election were for a party committed to Brexit .

The majority of those votes were cast for a party with a manifesto committment that "No Deal is better than a bad deal" and who repeated that phrase ad nauseum thro the election cycle.

Like I say: this is political gaslighting.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:41 am 

bimboman wrote:
SamShark wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:
This is where "offered us an FTA" came from, so lets be clear that we could always have had a FTA ONLY provided there were seperate arrangements for NI.

But you and others have only held British red lines as being responsible for a no deal.

When you're the minority party in the deal making process, you'll have to be willing to compromise more if you wish to secure the deal.
Much easier for the larger party to walk away.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:42 am 

If Juncker was an unelected Eurocrat, what does that make Cummings ?

An unelected Britocrat ?

An unelected Borisocrat ?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:44 am 

bimboman wrote:
SamShark wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:

You got a deal negotiated on the basis of the Tories' red lines and other international treaties you signed up for.

Your government decided on those red lines. Own your shit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:45 am 

zzzz wrote:

80% of the votes cast at the last general election were for a party committed to Brexit .

The majority of those votes were cast for a party with a manifesto committment that "No Deal is better than a bad deal" and who repeated that phrase ad nauseum thro the election cycle.

Well that is a straight out bare faced lie. Link and quote provided as proof

https://labour.org.uk/manifesto/negotiating-brexit/

Labour recognises that leaving the EU with ‘no deal’ is the worst possible deal for Britain and that it would do damage to our economy and trade. We will reject ‘no deal’ as a viable option and, if needs be, negotiate transitional arrangements to avoid a ‘cliff-edge’ for the UK economy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:46 am 

feckwanker wrote:
bimboman wrote:
SamShark wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:

When you're the minority party in the deal making process, you'll have to be willing to compromise more if you wish to secure the deal.
Much easier for the larger party to walk away.

Good point and one that should be screamed in the face of anyone who thinks Trump is going to be our savior in all of this

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:47 am 

camroc1 wrote:
If Juncker was an unelected Eurocrat, what does that make Cummings ?

An unelected Britocrat ?

An unelected Borisocrat ?

A Baldy weirdo c_unt

zzzz wrote:

80% of the votes cast at the last general election were for a party committed to Brexit with a deal .

Fixed

zzzz wrote:

In 2017 we still didn't know the full effects of Brexit - or more likely the Brexiteers were shouting so loudly no-one else could be heard - or the only real Party who are Pro-Remain (Lib Dems) were barely alive. So people voted on traditional party lines like usual.

Tory and Labour MPs were just interested in their own necks in 2017, not the country....so of course everyone was Pro Brexit in 2017.

That 80% statistic is a joke.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:48 am 

bimboman wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:
Just for the record, the British government not only agreed the deal but negotiated it with the EU in good faith.

And it was known that it would have to pass parliament, and there’s no agreement until the vote passed the deal into British Law. Why you keep misrepresenting these facts is beyond most by now.

Therefore it was the Tories who blocked the UK from leaving. That is a fact. No lies, no misinterpretation.

Greive , Letwin, Clarke

I agree.

Didn't Boris vote against the WA too?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:49 am 

bimboman wrote:
SamShark wrote:
Lets face it - the Brexit party was able to flourish because Tory Brexiteers had told the world that May's deal was vassal state betrayal.

Well it was reality.

Fixed.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:50 am 

Tory Manifesto
Quote:
We will seek a deep and special partnership including a comprehensive free trade and customs agreement.

So lets just leave the PATHEITC attempt to claim the 2017 general election as a mandate for no deal.

Last edited by Mullet 2 on Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:51 am 

Quote:

This isn't a serious point and it's beneath you.

Why that backs your no deal argument, is even more mysterious.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:56 am 

Is it really all that relevant though? It hit me last night as a watched the overblown hyperbole of The Great Hack on Netflix.

Demographics are destiny and as somebody who recently tried to stand against the tide of popular opinion in an Irish context I can testify to its futility.

The Donald and his circus have a little over 12 months in office before the American people turf him out on his ear.
And even if Boris takes the UK out without a deal his cabinet of minority opinion nutjobs are for the walk in best case scenario 5 years.

The UK will rejoin the Union sure as night follows day. Mimbo and their ilk are dinosaurs.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:59 am 

Mullet 2 wrote:
Is it really all that relevant though? It hit me last night as a watched the overblown hyperbole of The Great Hack on Netflix.

Demographics are destiny and as somebody who recently tried to stand against the tide of popular opinion in an Irish context I can testify to its futility.

The Donald and his circus have a little over 12 months in office before the American people turf him out on his ear.
And even if Boris takes the UK out without a deal his cabinet of minority opinion nutjobs are for the walk in best case scenario 5 years.

The UK will rejoin the Union sure as night follows day. Mimbo and their ilk are dinosaurs.

Unfortunately we'll have to take a few cheeky slaps round the head when we rejoin, which will be a great legacy for heroes like Mogg and Farage, no doubt long gone by then with jobs on Fox news.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:00 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:

I really wouldn't be so sure of that....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:00 pm 

Leffe wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:
Just for the record, the British government not only agreed the deal but negotiated it with the EU in good faith.

And it was known that it would have to pass parliament, and there’s no agreement until the vote passed the deal into British Law. Why you keep misrepresenting these facts is beyond most by now.

Therefore it was the Tories who blocked the UK from leaving. That is a fact. No lies, no misinterpretation.

Greive , Letwin, Clarke

I agree.

Didn't Boris vote against the WA too?

Boris along with Raab and Fox and Davis voted both for and against becoming a vassal state. Their pronouncements are wortrh as much as yesterday's chip paper (now banned by the EU*)

according to Christine (not quite as unimpeachable as Roger Bootle, I concede)

Last edited by shereblue on Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:01 pm 

I'm not so sure, Mullet.

The UK tabloid press having been feeding the population the "big lie" for nigh on 40 years now. A lot of the UK population actually believe the shite about the "Anglosphere", and that the EU is holding UK Inc. back.

That will be a very difficult boil to lance without serious political upheaval imo.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:01 pm 

SamShark wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

Unfortunately we'll have to take a few cheeky slaps round the head when we rejoin, which will be a great legacy for heroes like Mogg and Farage, no doubt long gone by then with jobs on Fox news.

Ah yeah, the rebate will be gone and no doubt Schengen will be part of the price but still.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:04 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
I'm not so sure, Mullet.

The UK tabloid press having been feeding the population the "big lie" for nigh on 40 years now. A lot of the UK population actually believe the shite about the "Anglosphere", and that the EU is holding UK Inc. back.

That will be a very difficult boil to lance without serious political upheaval imo.

Yes and when they're out the big lie will become clear.

Besides most young Brits know it's all bullshit. Only Your Smimbo type window lickers have really bought it and they are a dying breed. The Conservative Party is one loud bang away from losing 75% of its members.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:10 pm 

feckwanker wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

He trails Biden (hardly a rock star) in 12 separate polling companies including by 10% with Fox.

People forget how deeply shit Hillary is.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:13 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
feckwanker wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

He trails Biden (hardly a rock star) in 12 separate polling companies including by 10% with Fox.

Biden is also deeply shit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:18 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
feckwanker wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

Which I for one find incomprehensible. It's her defining characteristic. She is an utterly repugnant human being.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:25 pm 

zzzz wrote:
SamShark wrote:
zzzz wrote:
SamShark wrote:
Quote:

Your argument would have been stronger if there was a thumping majority for leave.

There wasn't - a few hundred thousand votes would have swung it the other way, never mind the clear demographic change in the last 3 years.

It's highly questionable to believe 17 million people judge that the most extreme and damaging form of Brexit is fine, and claims that Brexit would be easy were meaningless and can be written off.

The core Brexiteer argument from day one has been "will of the people". It's time the leading Brexiteers just admitted no deal is what they want and stop feeding us this drivel about democracy.

You're going full Donald Trump.

There was no committment to no deal. The commitment was to a smooth and orderly exit with a deal.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:42 pm 

zzzz wrote:
SamShark wrote:
zzzz wrote:
SamShark wrote:
Quote:

So a minority for no deal - by your own very stupid yardstick.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:43 pm 

Has anyone spoken today about the economics news that there are 1m more people with jobs in the U.K. today than since the brexit vote ? Or that Germany announced a quarter of negative growth and one of the lowest business confidence index scores ever ?

Right now it’s hard to see all the doom and gloom on the economics side of things for the UK

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:45 pm 

You're welcome to your MacJobs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:46 pm 

backrow wrote:
Has anyone spoken today about the economics news that there are 1m more people with jobs in the U.K. today than since the brexit vote ? Or that Germany announced a quarter of negative growth and one of the lowest business confidence index scores ever ?

Right now it’s hard to see all the doom and gloom on the economics side of things for the UK

Let's see the figures in September and whether we're slipping into a recession before you start crowing.

backrow wrote:

Oh sure everything will be rosy.

Nothing to worry about at all

sewa wrote:
zzzz wrote:

Well that is a straight out bare faced lie. Link and quote provided as proof

https://labour.org.uk/manifesto/negotiating-brexit/

Labour recognises that leaving the EU with ‘no deal’ is the worst possible deal for Britain and that it would do damage to our economy and trade. We will reject ‘no deal’ as a viable option and, if needs be, negotiate transitional arrangements to avoid a ‘cliff-edge’ for the UK economy.

No it isn't. Read what I wrote.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:47 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
zzzz wrote:

80% of the votes cast at the last general election were for a party committed to Brexit with a deal .

Fixed

Wrong

backrow wrote:

0.9260/0.9265.......and 0.2% GDP contraction in the second quarter. Hardly stellar.

backrow wrote:

Perhaps you missed the part about your economy contracting this quarter and only avoiding contracting last quarter because of stockpile purchasing.

Your news "today" about Germany is also over a week old.

But well done Gordon Gekko.

Last edited by Mullet 2 on Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1026, 1027, 1028, 1029, 1030, 1031, 1032 ... 1243  Next