Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:24 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42907 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1030, 1031, 1032, 1033, 1034, 1035, 1036 ... 1073  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:40 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
EverReady wrote:
bimboman wrote:
EverReady wrote:
Bimbo's making a lot of mistakes recently. The volume has caught up with him

I’ve been exemplary if compared to your whole country’s output.

I can't speak for the other few million but I am a particularly lazy example of Irish manhood

We'll take no lessons from some English council estate chavs who has been unemployed for two years

“Unemployed” “two years”.

At least I know the Irish hacking community isn’t efficient.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:40 pm 

bimboman wrote:
And of course a court judges it fine again today.

Not exactly.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:41 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
bimboman wrote:
And of course a court judges it fine again today.

Not exactly.

Yeah they did.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:41 pm 

The desperate bile flinging at Ireland is beautiful.

Beaten by us in Brussels, beaten by us in Washington.

Out played thoroughly by an Irish leader with Indian roots. THe perfect storm for racist little Englander c únts.

We took your lunch money :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:42 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
The desperate bile flinging at Ireland is beautiful.

Beaten by use in Brussels, beaten by us in Washington.

Out played thoroughly by an Irish leader with Indian roots. THe perfect storm for racist little Englander c únts.

We took your lunch money :lol:

Spouts Nationalist nonsense about “racist little Englander” , that’s Mullet alright.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:43 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
Anybody else notice how links, sources and any kind of evidence has mysteriously started to dry up from the Brexit fluffers?

the spivs that usually supply their, '[i]alternative facts[/i]', are all on an election footing, so have no time to supply the boys with fresh slurry to spray around the internet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:43 pm 

zzzz wrote:
SamShark wrote:
zzzz wrote:
SamShark wrote:
Quote:
Thank God so many Remainers are available to tell us Leavers what we voted for. Not sure where we would be w/out this service.

We're just replaying what you said feller.

You've been quite clear that Brexit voters knew that no deal was an option, meaning that you think they were too wise to believe the Brexiteer claims that it would be an easy and profitable deal, because the EU need us more than we need them/BMW, prosecco etc.

I quite agree there were many reasons people voted for leave - all manner of issues - which is why claims like "Everyone voted to leave the CU and SM" are so laughable.

Own what your side has done, don't blame us.

This is Nobleman's "I am willing to volunteer as a fool to maintain the internal logic of my argument" gambit.

Thinking No Deal was unlikely is not the same thing as conditioning Leave on a deal. To think otherwise is to argue Leavers believed we should only ever be allowed to Leave on the terms the EU set. You only have to raise the proposition to recognise it is obviously false.

This "No Vote for No Deal" crap is just political gaslighting.

Your argument would have been stronger if there was a thumping majority for leave.

There wasn't - a few hundred thousand votes would have swung it the other way, never mind the clear demographic change in the last 3 years.

It's highly questionable to believe 17 million people judge that the most extreme and damaging form of Brexit is fine, and claims that Brexit would be easy were meaningless and can be written off.

The core Brexiteer argument from day one has been "will of the people". It's time the leading Brexiteers just admitted no deal is what they want and stop feeding us this drivel about democracy.

80% of the votes cast at the last general election were for a party committed to Brexit .

The majority of those votes were cast for a party with a manifesto committment that "No Deal is better than a bad deal" and who repeated that phrase ad nauseum thro the election cycle.

Like I say: this is political gaslighting.

Hold on.

I thought that Bimbo had stopped correlating the election manifestos into an 84% support for Brexit?

The last time I referred to it Mick accused me of lying (I couldn't be arsed to search for the post) and Bimbo denied it.

Are you revisiting it again?

Because it sounds like desperation if you are: even the Mimbo have backed off from that claim.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:44 pm 

5 ignored posts.

I don't give a shit what you think you dolie.

But keep reading every word I type....sad cúnt. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:45 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
5 ignored posts.

Yet he won't answer a very simple question.

Poor bimbo.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:46 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
5 ignored posts.

I enjoy watching your demise, I’ve laughed at you post the “I’ve got a great pension “ post and will carry on doing so.

Are you still fat as well?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:48 pm 

Bobless wrote:
zzzz wrote:
Nobleman wrote:

He's gone into full-on Brexit headbanger loon mode and ignores any evidence that proves he is wrong.

As Philip Hammond wrote in his column today (and he should know given he wrote large parts of the 2017 manifesto)

Quote:
To pretend now that 2016 Leave voters voted for a hard no-deal Brexit is a total travesty of the truth.

I don't know how many times this point needs to be made, but, once again...

Nobody is claiming the majority of Leave voters in 2016 wanted no deal or that the GE or the Ref gives the Tories a mandate to seek No Deal over a deal. It's a total strawman.

The point is:

- Ref votes were cast in the knowledge No Deal could result and preference for (and expectaion of) a deal doesn't mean the Ref mandate is conditional on there being a deal, and
- the Tories won the GE on a mandate to try and get a deal but which also provides a mandate for no deal if they can't get a good deal so they literally have a mandate for No Deal.

One minor point, the Tories did not 'win' the election. Or at least they did not achieve a majority.

They are a minority government with a supply and demand agreement, as a result it is constitutionally dubious to say the least to claim they have a mandate for No Deal Brexit.

In addition I think it is pushing it to suggest that the statements around No Deal in their 2017 Manifesto actually amount to a Manifesto Commitment being closer to slogans than proper policy commitments.

Even if you regard the No Deal statements as a policy commitment as a minority government it may be their policy but they don't necessarily have a mandate as a result of their minority status.

Usually this question of a mandate is only relevant to the Salisbury Convention and the right of the House of Lords to vote down legislation unless it is a Manifesto commitment. However it assumes that the government party has a majority of MPs and can therefore vote through government business without support from other parties.

The dominance of the Conservative and Labour parties post-war meant that this was not a really a live issue until the 2010 and 2017 elections as the winning party had a majority of MPs if not of the popular vote and it would have stayed this was if not for the breakdown of the UK norm of majoritarian government.

To summarise the current Government has no mandate for No Deal Brexit (or anything other manifesto commitments).

Not sure the bolded bit is true. The Salisbury Convention isn't formalised so always going to be a gey area but the position of the main parties is:

‘The Government is clear that the Salisbury-Addison convention - that the House of Lords should not seek to prevent the Government from implementing manifesto pledges in legislation - continues to apply’ [to minority governments] – Baroness Evans of Bowes Park, Leader of the House of Lords
‘It is far from clear that the Salisbury-Addison convention was ever intended to apply to minority Governments’, however ‘While there may be a residual case for the Lords to in extremis reject a bill at Second Reading, it is not in keeping with our constitutional role and I detect no appetite or serious interest in changing that’ – Baroness Smith of Basildon, Shadow Leader of the House of Lords

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:50 pm 

Leffe wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
“There's a terrible kind of collaboration, as it were, going on between people who think they can block Brexit in parliament and our European friends.” ~ Boris Johnson

Also: Our European friends are not moving in their willingness to compromise, they're not compromising at all on the withdrawal agreement, even though it's been thrown out three times. They're sticking to every letter, every comma of the withdrawal agreement - including the [Irish] backstop.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is it that Boris is as thick as fudge or that he thinks everyone he's talking to is as thick as fudge? Because it's clear that it's one of these two.

I think he's generally regarded as being reasonably intelligent, so it's probably the latter. And I rather suspect he's right with regard to 52% of them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:52 pm 

BokJock wrote:
Ah....but Insane Homer, you don't get the mind of a Brexiteer.

zzzz has already explained that those that voted leave weren't listening to those guys you quoted, the leave voters believed what the Remain campaign were saying.

Based on that, the point I think you were trying to make is a ridiculous one.

Leave voters knew they were voting for no deal because Osbourne and Cameron told them they were :smug:

It's almost as if you're beginning to understand how an election campaign works. Well done. Have a biscuit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:54 pm 

Latest opinion poll from Survation

https://www.survation.com/general-elect ... nces-poll/

On the question of their preferred outcome of the Brexit process:

43% of those polled said they would prefer to remain in the EU;
29% said leave the EU with a deal;
19% preferred leave the EU without a deal;
and 9% were not sure.

On EU referendum

55% Remain
45% Leave

So what is the will of people?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:57 pm 

Rinkals wrote:
Leffe wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
“There's a terrible kind of collaboration, as it were, going on between people who think they can block Brexit in parliament and our European friends.” ~ Boris Johnson

Also: Our European friends are not moving in their willingness to compromise, they're not compromising at all on the withdrawal agreement, even though it's been thrown out three times. They're sticking to every letter, every comma of the withdrawal agreement - including the [Irish] backstop.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is it that Boris is as thick as fudge or that he thinks everyone he's talking to is as thick as fudge? Because it's clear that it's one of these two.

I think he's generally regarded as being reasonably intelligent, so it's probably the latter. And I rather suspect he's right with regard to 52% of them.

Yup, it certainly seems so to me. It's a bit insulting to them, but they're too thick to see it of course.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:57 pm 

Nobleman wrote:

and 9% were not sure.

On EU referendum

55% Remain
45% Leave

What did I say this morning.

This is all over bar the shouting. The brief flirtation with right wing populism is going to be beaten back.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:58 pm 

Nobleman wrote:

and 9% were not sure.

On EU referendum

55% Remain
45% Leave

About the same as the day before the Ref.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:59 pm 

Nobleman wrote:

and 9% were not sure.

On EU referendum

55% Remain
45% Leave

29 and 19 grouped of course wins... but it's this grouping and subsequent shit fight, cause by the grouping, which remains the issue.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:00 pm 

Nobleman wrote:

and 9% were not sure.

On EU referendum

55% Remain
45% Leave

Doesn't matter in 2019. We made our bed by 4% in 2016, had several chances in 2017 and 2018 to back-track and check with the people one more time; but that's all gone now.

It's No Deal. UK borked.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:00 pm 

zzzz wrote:
Nobleman wrote:

and 9% were not sure.

On EU referendum

55% Remain
45% Leave

So you admit that the day before the referendum on 19% favoured no deal?

Why have you spent the day lying so?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:01 pm 

Leffe wrote:
Nobleman wrote:

and 9% were not sure.

On EU referendum

55% Remain
45% Leave

29 and 19 grouped of course wins... but it's this grouping and subsequent shit fight, cause by the grouping, which remains the issue.

Wins what?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:02 pm 

Plato'sCave wrote:
Can anyone point me to the first dated article/statement/quote/anything that mentions a no deal exit from the EU please?

Dunno about first notice but it was in the statutory infomation provided to voters.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ssible.pdf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:07 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
Leffe wrote:
Nobleman wrote:

and 9% were not sure.

On EU referendum

55% Remain
45% Leave

Wins what?

it's almost like those who voted leave, aren't a homogeneous mass, who agree with anything beyond their desire to, Leave

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:08 pm 

fishfoodie wrote:

it's almost like those who voted leave, aren't a homogeneous mass, who agree with anything beyond their desire to, Leave

Don't be silly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:13 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
Leffe wrote:
Nobleman wrote:

and 9% were not sure.

On EU referendum

55% Remain
45% Leave

Wins what?

A little thing we like to call Freedom!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:14 pm 

fishfoodie wrote:

They simply refuse to see it. They know it's like this and still prefer the purgatory.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:16 pm 

Did I accuse you of lying, Rinkals. It may have been a Pavlovian response, due to your propensity to lie. If it was, then I apologise.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:17 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:
Did I accuse you of lying, Rinkals. It may have been a Pavlovian response, due to your propensity to lie. If it was, then I apologise.

Foreign fúck

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:17 pm 

zzzz wrote:
BokJock wrote:
Ah....but Insane Homer, you don't get the mind of a Brexiteer.

zzzz has already explained that those that voted leave weren't listening to those guys you quoted, the leave voters believed what the Remain campaign were saying.

Based on that, the point I think you were trying to make is a ridiculous one.

Leave voters knew they were voting for no deal because Osbourne and Cameron told them they were :smug:

It's almost as if you're beginning to understand how an election campaign works. Well done. Have a biscuit.

Um OK :?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:18 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:

Foreign fúck

Micks wife proves he's not racist.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:19 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
Leffe wrote:
Nobleman wrote:

and 9% were not sure.

On EU referendum

55% Remain
45% Leave

Wins what?

Sovereignty!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:19 pm 

bimboman wrote:

:thumbup: ,

Our 12% corporation tax and large free trade zones will just be a start I hope.

Can I make a proposal? NI to become a free trade zone within the EU!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:20 pm 

Plato'sCave wrote:
Can anyone point me to the first dated article/statement/quote/anything that mentions a no deal exit from the EU please?

I don't know if this quite covers what you want, but if you ignore they're useless, duplicitous, lying arseholes it gets pretty close - https://youtu.be/0xGt3QmRSZY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:21 pm 

zzzz wrote:
Nobleman wrote:

and 9% were not sure.

On EU referendum

55% Remain
45% Leave

but a massive switch from the 80% who were in favour of "no deal" in the last GE :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:22 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:

You have the IQ of a dog and have been conditioned by your Russian handlers to accuse all remainers of lying when you see a post in favour of remaining

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:25 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:

You have the IQ of a dog and have been conditioned by your Russian handlers to accuse all remainers of lying when you see a post in favour of remaining

Once someone has clearly and obviously got him cornered he starts the insults and lies about the "offender".

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:26 pm 

Remain has a problem in 2019. After 3 years of bollocks, imcompetance and lies from MPs from all sides, a larger than 50% proportion of the country is sick of Brexit and just wants "the whole thing to be over". Hence the large "win" for Leave above.

2 Years, maybe even 1 year ago there was a chance to reverse the Leave decision with another Referendum, but not now. Even a GE won't help. :thumbdown:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:28 pm 

“The awful thing is the longer that goes on, the more likely it is of course that we will be forced to leave with a no-deal Brexit.

In reality, it is Johnson who is refusing to sit down for talks on a deal with the EU unless the 27 member states agree publicly to ditch what he calls the “undemocratic backstop” and provide a new agreement.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:29 pm 

Sandstorm wrote:
Remain has a problem in 2019. After 3 years of bollocks, imcompetance and lies from MPs from all sides, a larger than 50% proportion of the country is sick of Brexit and just wants "the whole thing to be over". Hence the large "win" for Leave above.

2 Years, maybe even 1 year ago there was a chance to reverse the Leave decision with another Referendum, but not now. Even a GE won't help. :thumbdown:

We just need a coherent opposition, rather than quiet Jeremy waiting and hoping for a damaging Brexit.

Maybe remain needs a Farage - a mouthy spiv who can convince people we could revoke and be done with it within hours.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:29 pm 

Sandstorm wrote:

The good news there is if they do cock it up in spectacular fashion it'll make it easier to sell rejoining the EU, the pickings on the positive front are slim, but it's something

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42907 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1030, 1031, 1032, 1033, 1034, 1035, 1036 ... 1073  Next