Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42907 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1031, 1032, 1033, 1034, 1035, 1036, 1037 ... 1073  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:36 pm 

Sandstorm wrote:
Remain has a problem in 2019. After 3 years of bollocks, imcompetance and lies from MPs from all sides, a larger than 50% proportion of the country is sick of Brexit and just wants "the whole thing to be over". Hence the large "win" for Leave above.

2 Years, maybe even 1 year ago there was a chance to reverse the Leave decision with another Referendum, but not now. Even a GE won't help. :thumbdown:

How does this result in a large win for Leave?

Quote:
On EU referendum

55% Remain
45% Leave

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:41 pm 

piquant wrote:
The good news there is if they do cock it up in spectacular fashion it'll make it easier to sell rejoining the EU, the pickings on the positive front are slim, but it's something

Rejoin? How is that going to work?

I'm ardent remainer, but if we go I can't see the EU wanting us back anytime soon.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:41 pm 

You would expect that there could never be a ludicrous "remain/leave" again anyway.

You'd need deal, no deal, remain, perhaps with 2 votes or some proportional system.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:48 pm 

SamShark wrote:
You would expect that there could never be a ludicrous "remain/leave" again anyway.

You'd need deal, no deal, remain, perhaps with 2 votes or some proportional system.

Deal (One that's defined and agreed)
No deal
Remain

Or
No deal
Remain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:48 pm 

Santa wrote:
I'm looking forward to it now. :thumbup: The only thing that will be hurt in all of this is feelings. And Ireland.

Brexit will be fine, but also it will do serious damage to Ireland.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:50 pm 

Edinburgh01 wrote:
piquant wrote:
The good news there is if they do cock it up in spectacular fashion it'll make it easier to sell rejoining the EU, the pickings on the positive front are slim, but it's something

Rejoin? How is that going to work?

I'm ardent remainer, but if we go I can't see the EU wanting us back anytime soon.

There would be some bridges to rebuild, but the worse things get the easier it looks, not that I'd want people to stop pushing the case for signing up to the EU just because it might look difficult. And it might not be a quick process, it took decades for the lunatics to prise us this far out of the EU, it could well take at least a decade to resolve a new deal to rejoin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:52 pm 

SamShark wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Remain has a problem in 2019. After 3 years of bollocks, imcompetance and lies from MPs from all sides, a larger than 50% proportion of the country is sick of Brexit and just wants "the whole thing to be over". Hence the large "win" for Leave above.

2 Years, maybe even 1 year ago there was a chance to reverse the Leave decision with another Referendum, but not now. Even a GE won't help. :thumbdown:

We just need a coherent opposition, rather than quiet Jeremy waiting and hoping for a damaging Brexit.

Maybe remain needs a Farage - a mouthy spiv who can convince people we could revoke and be done with it within hours.

We've come to terms with the Boston Tea Perty but to actually become the USAs colony would be some choke.

Do we just have to grin and bear it when Trump puts his arm round Her Maj and the Toad calls her Mum a fat soak?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:53 pm 

SamShark wrote:

Never going to happen BJ et al will run with it and we will leave with no deal...

The remain have no figure head, no strategy, Corbyn (as leader of the opposition), quite possibly voted to leave, is happy to sit on the fence and the closest he will get to opposing leaving is calling for a general election, then will being up some lady in Tower Hamlets who has to take two busses to work because her local library has closed ..

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:54 pm 

backrow wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
backrow wrote:
Has anyone spoken today about the economics news that there are 1m more people with jobs in the U.K. today than since the brexit vote ? Or that Germany announced a quarter of negative growth and one of the lowest business confidence index scores ever ?

Right now it’s hard to see all the doom and gloom on the economics side of things for the UK

Let's see the figures in September and whether we're slipping into a recession before you start crowing.

Not crowing, just saying it’s not all doom and gloom and only U.K. will suffer as remoaners love to claim
Fall in GBP? Makes it cheaper for foreign firms to employ people in the U.K.

I have never seen that argument made by a remainer. That the UK will suffer more than the EU as a result, yes, but never that the UK will be the only country to suffer as a result. Not only that, every remainer I know acknowledges that Brexit will have a negative effect on the EU. It simply is not possible that you are not aware of this.

So answer me this, do you have to be a liar to be a brexiteer or do you become one after you decide you are a brexiteer?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:57 pm 

backrow wrote:

Right now it’s hard to see all the doom and gloom on the economics side of things for the UK

Failure to observe such would stem from gross ignorance and/or a real commitment to ignoring the obvious, something akin to the Black Knight declaring it was but a flesh wound

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:01 pm 

Some interesting analysis of the poll

https://twitter.com/sophie_e_hill/statu ... 35427?s=12

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:05 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
5 ignored posts.

I don't give a shit what you think you dolie.

But keep reading every word I type....sad cúnt. :lol:

Same here :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:07 pm 

Leffe wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
Did I accuse you of lying, Rinkals. It may have been a Pavlovian response, due to your propensity to lie. If it was, then I apologise.

Foreign fúck

Micks wife proves he's not racist.

Who said he even likes her?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:10 pm 

Leffe wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
Did I accuse you of lying, Rinkals. It may have been a Pavlovian response, due to your propensity to lie. If it was, then I apologise.

Foreign fúck

That’s a disgraceful comment.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:15 pm 

UK Treasury has ploughed billions of pounds of the UK foreign reserves into the Euro ahead of Brexit.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachm ... 1565791141

That's a bit strange if the Euro is about to collapse as we're told here at least twicea day, every day.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:16 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Leffe wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:

Foreign fúck

That’s a disgraceful comment.

I am past caring what some of these sociopaths write.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:17 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
UK Treasury has ploughed billions of pounds of the UK foreign reserves into the Euro ahead of Brexit.

That's a bit strange if the Euro is about to collapse as we're told here at least twicea day, every day.

I’m surprised there were any euros left after Rees-Mogg, Boris, Farage and the other snake oil peddlers shifted their money offshore.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:18 pm 

camroc1 wrote:

Who has said it is ABOUT TO collapse? And who has written about the Euro on here every day?

I just made a post about sociopaths. Well done!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:20 pm 

Nancy Pelosi shoots John Bolton and the brexit fantasy US trade deal in the head ...... again

https://www.ft.com/content/e8115fa2-be9 ... 00d509634e

I wonder when the penny will drop with the clueless hard brexit cvnts

The only way out for little englanders like bojo, mimbo et al, is an NI only backstop ..... which actually would be brilliant for NI’s economy, remove the subvention millstone from around the neck of the UK taxpayer, and achieve a brexit that the Tory party membership would welcome with open arms

The downside being the fact that the battle front would move to Scotland ..... but that’s then an internal UK matter and the rest of us could, at last, get on with our lives .....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:26 pm 

rfurlong wrote:
Nancy Pelosi shoots John Bolton and the brexit fantasy US trade deal in the head ...... again

The only way out for little englanders like bojo, mimbo et al, is an NI only backstop ..... which actually would be brilliant for NI’s economy, remove the subvention millstone from around the neck of the UK taxpayer, and achieve a brexit that the Tory party membership would welcome with open arms

The downside being the fact that the battle front would move to Scotland ..... but that’s then an internal UK matter and the rest of us could, at last, get on with our lives .....

There's a reason Trump, Pelosi and Pence will all have visited Ireland this summer, and it wasn't just to work on their suntans or their golf.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:27 pm 

rfurlong wrote:

That is just beautiful. The brits think they can bully us but they run like they’ve caught sight of a panzer division the minute somebody bigger stands up to them. Classic bullies. Take responsibility for your own mess you sorry shower of shit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:37 pm 

rfurlong wrote:

Least surprising intervention since Mick last fluffed Bimbo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:42 pm 

shereblue wrote:
zzzz wrote:
Nobleman wrote:
Latest opinion poll from Survation

https://www.survation.com/general-elect ... nces-poll/

On the question of their preferred outcome of the Brexit process:

43% of those polled said they would prefer to remain in the EU;
29% said leave the EU with a deal;
19% preferred leave the EU without a deal;
and 9% were not sure.

On EU referendum

55% Remain
45% Leave

So what is the will of people?

About the same as the day before the Ref.

but a massive switch from the 80% who were in favour of "no deal" in the last GE :lol:

Honestly, it's like you f*ckwits never read an effing word of the posts you attack

Who the hell said 80% favoured No Deal?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:42 pm 

EverReady wrote:
rfurlong wrote:

Least surprising intervention since Mick last fluffed Bimbo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:43 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
rfurlong wrote:

There's a reason Trump, Pelosi and Pence will all have visited Ireland this summer, and it wasn't just to work on their suntans or their golf.

Talk some sense into Leo I’d imagine.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:44 pm 

bimboman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
rfurlong wrote:

Be nice if someone popped around to talk some into you.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:45 pm 

SamShark wrote:

It would be interesting to see how many people outside the HoC think you can ever have negotiating position of wanting to leave but only with a deal. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:46 pm 

bimboman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
rfurlong wrote:

More likely the grown ups in the US realise there'll be only one English speaking country, with traditional links to the US, left in the EU when the UK leaves.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:49 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
bimboman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
rfurlong wrote:

More likely the grown ups in the US realise there'll be only one English speaking country, with traditional links to the US, left in the EU when the UK leaves.

So you’ll be a Vassel for the US as well?

They’ll of course demand you stop parking their tech giants offshore earnings as a pay off.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:50 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
rfurlong wrote:

That is just beautiful. The brits think they can bully us but they run like they’ve caught sight of a panzer division the minute somebody bigger stands up to them. Classic bullies. Take responsibility for your own mess you sorry shower of shit.

The British governments leadership sold it’s soul to the devil a long time ago. A horror movie is unfolding and they don’t want to stop it. Evil protagonists runs the UK now.
All one can do is watch them self destruct and grab a bag of popcorn.

Last edited by YOYO on Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:51 pm 

zzzz wrote:
sewa wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
“There's a terrible kind of collaboration, as it were, going on between people who think they can block Brexit in parliament and our European friends.” ~ Boris Johnson

Also: “Our European friends are not moving in their willingness to compromise, they're not compromising at all on the withdrawal agreement, even though it's been thrown out three times.

“They're sticking to every letter, every comma of the withdrawal agreement - including the [Irish] backstop."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its been said here many times here by some of the Irish that the EU will throw us under the bus sooner or later. I think they have their answer here :thumbup: :D

The Bus isn't dropping the backstop. The Bus is requiring a hard border if they drop the backstop or there's no deal.

So - are you confident the EU will not require a hard border in the either event?

Still waiting for an answer on this.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:52 pm 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49348062?SThisFB&fbclid=IwAR2KxHNl-9M_ljKVbsjfHQpqT3g9gytJh6GPJtrqBKXQp0cKJcUG8sbAlCE

Stated again :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:56 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:

Just to be clear, are you telling me the offical position of the ROI is that in the event of trade deal between US and UK, the EU is entitled to require them to impose a hard border?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:00 pm 

zzzz wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

Just to be clear, are you telling me the offical position of the ROI is that in the event of trade deal between US and UK, the EU is entitled to require them to impose a hard border?

Just as long as the GFA is not broken by the UK which is what they are planning to do.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:00 pm 

Jesus this is bent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:06 pm 

Interesting.

https://twitter.com/StandUp4Brexit/stat ... 3309801473

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:09 pm 

zzzz wrote:

Coming from Standup4brexit you couldn't want for a better source

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:09 pm 

YOYO wrote:
zzzz wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

Just as long as the GFA is not broken by the UK which is what they are planning to do.

Not sure how a US/UK trade deal would have any impact on the Irish border, so the simple answer to that question is no.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:10 pm 

zzzz wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

I’m not telling you anything retard

I posted a link to comments by the Speaker of the House.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:11 pm 

YOYO wrote:
zzzz wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

Not even on Dublin's reading reading of it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42907 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1031, 1032, 1033, 1034, 1035, 1036, 1037 ... 1073  Next