Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2049 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 52  Next
 Post subject: Re: Boks 2019 RWC fred
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:41 pm 

Average Joe wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:

That's poop. Give him Malherbe :thumbup:

It was meant to be kak. If he gives me a name I'll make him a proper one.

@ Sards and yank. No need to fight ladies I do it cause I have some time now to fok around. I usually don't.

Was he replying to me again? Missed it, sorry.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:42 pm 

beachboy wrote:
sunnybanana wrote:
At his best, Kolisi is an excellent player. It’s just unfortunate that he hasn’t often reached those heights since taking on the captaincy. Hopefully this period out of the game will be good for him.
He will captain the side if fit so we all want him to do well.

That is a very reasonable and on the money comment and yes, when he plays well he is very good. In some recent Bok games he has looked tired and a little out of sorts. As a captain I believe he is a unifying leader and (most of) the players all look up to him. He is a fantastic human being. We have a lot of talent in the position and he may not be the best player in that position, particularly depending on who the opposition is.

When I see comments such as "Kolisi is an exceedingly average player and captain",I dont take them as serious rugby comments but a (biased) opinion. Siya has won MOM awards, not something an "average" player achieves.

Agreed. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:42 pm 

beachboy wrote:
sunnybanana wrote:
At his best, Kolisi is an excellent player. It’s just unfortunate that he hasn’t often reached those heights since taking on the captaincy. Hopefully this period out of the game will be good for him.

That is a very reasonable and on the money comment and yes, when he plays well he is very good. In some recent Bok games he has looked tired and a little out of sorts. As a captain I believe he is a unifying leader and (most of) the players all look up to him. He is a fantastic human being. We have a lot of talent in the position and he may not be the best player in that position, particularly depending on who the opposition is.

When I see comments such as "Kolisi is an exceedingly average player and captain",I dont take them as serious rugby comments but a (biased) opinion. Siya has won MOM awards, not something an "average" player achieves.

Which tests?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:57 pm 

He definitely got MoM second test vs France 2017

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:05 pm 

Chilli wrote:
beachboy wrote:
sunnybanana wrote:

Which tests?

Mate, he's had a number of very good tests. But you're intent on seeing it your way so it is what it is.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:20 pm 

Average Joe wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:

Cheers! Dyantyi if possible. Otherwise Lood?
If they're not available, then Bongi...

My preference would be RG Snyman but I think Chilli has him?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:09 pm 

saffer13 wrote:
Chilli wrote:
beachboy wrote:
sunnybanana wrote:

Which tests?

Mate, he's had a number of very good tests. But you're intent on seeing it your way so it is what it is.

Nope. As per your post above he has won MOM awards.................please state which tests he was MOTM in.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:39 pm 

Chilli wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
Chilli wrote:
beachboy wrote:
sunnybanana wrote:

Which tests?

Nope. As per your post above he has won MOM awards.................please state which tests he was MOTM in.

My post?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:40 am 

Sorry Yank. Sunny's post.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:15 am 

Chilli wrote:

Are you in SA? If so, go to bed. You’ll have more than enough sleepless night coming up boet.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:01 am 

Chilli wrote:

Not my post either...

Though I imagine he must have won MOTM in that 2nd French test in 2017 at the least.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:20 am 

sunnybanana wrote:
Chilli wrote:

Not my post either...

Though I imagine he must have won MOTM in that 2nd French test in 2017 at the least.

Bloody Hell, apologies. :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:23 am 

beachboy wrote:
sunnybanana wrote:

Finally I seem to have the right poster..............in which Test matches was he MOTM?

I'm sure that Jorrie Muller also had a few.............. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:48 am 

TheSmurf wrote:
Average Joe wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:57 am 

Chilli wrote:
beachboy wrote:
sunnybanana wrote:

Finally I seem to have the right poster..............in which Test matches was he MOTM?

I'm sure that Jorrie Muller also had a few.............. ;)

Your words were "exceedingly average". I am happy to concede he may not be the best player in his position at the moment, but he is far from exceedingly average. He actually won MOM in his test debut coming on as a replacement for in the 5th minute when Arno Botha was injured. He also won MOM in the test against France in 2017. I also know he has won MOM awards for Stormers. MOM awards usually go to backline players (flyhalves in particular), so all the more difficult for forwards. So two MOM in 30 tests is a decent return. John Smit was never the best player in his position but was a good player.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:33 pm 

Average Joe wrote:
TheSmurf wrote:
Average Joe wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:

Image Image

Much appreciated!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:32 am 

TheSmurf wrote:
Much appreciated!

nOOp what are you still doing here? For a minute I thought you got the message?

:lol:

Which team do you support?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:59 am 

S24
Quote:
Rassie satisfied as Boks leave NZ for Argentina

Cape Town - Coach Rassie Erasmus says the Springboks have achieved what they set out to do as they concluded their training camp in New Zealand with a final field session at the Ponsonby Rugby Club ground in Auckland on Friday morning.

Almost half of the squad and management are set to travel to Argentina later on Friday night from Auckland, while the rest of the South African travelling party is due to fly out to Buenos Aires on Sunday.

The full squad will train together again on Monday morning in the Argentine capital, where the South Africans will be staying until next Thursday before flying out to Salta.

Next Saturday's Test against the Pumas, in the high altitude conditions of Salta, is the Springboks’ final match of the shortened 2019 Rugby Championship.

Following the Salta encounter, the Springboks and Argentina will meet for a second week in a row on Saturday 17 August at Loftus Versfeld in Pretoria, in what will be the South Africans’ final home match before the official announcement of the 2019 Rugby World Cup squad on Monday, 26 August.

Speaking on Friday in Auckland, Erasmus said he was happy with the outcome of the week's preparation activities in Auckland.

“We chose to stay behind in Auckland (after the Wellington Test) mainly for two reasons,” said Erasmus shortly after his squad finished their final training session on Kiwi soil.

“Firstly, to cut down on the amount of traveling time between New Zealand, South Africa and Argentina.

“And secondly, we had some good team building exercises, while we used the time together to fit in some extra training time with the squad.

“We have grown into a very tight unit, so looking back at the past week I think we ticked both those boxes.”

The Springboks have a one-point lead over holders New Zealand in the build-up to the final round of Rugby Championship next weekend. Australia and New Zealand play in Perth in next Saturday's early match and that is followed by the Salta encounter between the Pumas and Springboks (kick-off 21:40 SA time).

The Springbok team for next Saturday’s match in Salta will be named on Wednesday afternoon (SA time).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:17 am 

OomPB wrote:
S24
Quote:
Rassie satisfied as Boks leave NZ for Argentina

Cape Town - Coach Rassie Erasmus says the Springboks have achieved what they set out to do as they concluded their training camp in New Zealand with a final field session at the Ponsonby Rugby Club ground in Auckland on Friday morning.

Almost half of the squad and management are set to travel to Argentina later on Friday night from Auckland, while the rest of the South African travelling party is due to fly out to Buenos Aires on Sunday.

The full squad will train together again on Monday morning in the Argentine capital, where the South Africans will be staying until next Thursday before flying out to Salta.

Next Saturday's Test against the Pumas, in the high altitude conditions of Salta, is the Springboks’ final match of the shortened 2019 Rugby Championship.

Following the Salta encounter, the Springboks and Argentina will meet for a second week in a row on Saturday 17 August at Loftus Versfeld in Pretoria, in what will be the South Africans’ final home match before the official announcement of the 2019 Rugby World Cup squad on Monday, 26 August.

Speaking on Friday in Auckland, Erasmus said he was happy with the outcome of the week's preparation activities in Auckland.

“We chose to stay behind in Auckland (after the Wellington Test) mainly for two reasons,” said Erasmus shortly after his squad finished their final training session on Kiwi soil.

“Firstly, to cut down on the amount of traveling time between New Zealand, South Africa and Argentina.

“And secondly, we had some good team building exercises, while we used the time together to fit in some extra training time with the squad.

“We have grown into a very tight unit, so looking back at the past week I think we ticked both those boxes.”

The Springboks have a one-point lead over holders New Zealand in the build-up to the final round of Rugby Championship next weekend. Australia and New Zealand play in Perth in next Saturday's early match and that is followed by the Salta encounter between the Pumas and Springboks (kick-off 21:40 SA time).

The Springbok team for next Saturday’s match in Salta will be named on Wednesday afternoon (SA time).

With Rassie, everything seems so simple. No behind the scenes drama, the players are left free to concentrate on rugby. Allister Coetzee set us back 2-3 years, imagine Rassie was made coach in 2016.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:22 am 

Probably a Red Rebel, but this video shows the genius that is Rassie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZWx6Rv9b-Y&feature=youtu.be

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:34 pm 

Big Nipper wrote:
Probably a Red Rebel, but this video shows the genius that is Rassie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZWx6Rv9b-Y&feature=youtu.be

:thumbup:

Very impressed

Well done to Willie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:53 pm 

OomPB wrote:
TheSmurf wrote:
Much appreciated!

Springboks (obviously) and Bulls. In that order :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:03 pm 

TheSmurf wrote:
OomPB wrote:
TheSmurf wrote:
Much appreciated!

Nice, we need Bull supporters :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:22 pm 

TheSmurf wrote:
OomPB wrote:
TheSmurf wrote:
Much appreciated!

Welkom tuis, ou pal.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:04 pm 

Was born in the old Northern Transvaal, moved to Durban at 1 year old, lived there to the ripe old age of 16 before coming back 'home' to Centurion.
12 year old me was waiting for my Dad to leave work in Durban when the Banana-fudging-Boys had their ticker tape parade in 1990, Craig Jamieson even gave me a big thumbs up that instantly made me hate him even more :lol:

Long story short? My Afrikaans is shit :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:24 pm 

Handy, Meyer and AC both. Years of work to undo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:08 am 

saffer13 wrote:

Somehow HM gets a lot of slack while AC only gets shit. The Boks under HM were shit folks. He was a crap Bok coach.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:39 am 

Chilli wrote:
saffer13 wrote:

Somehow HM gets a lot of slack while AC only gets shit. The Boks under HM were shit folks. He was a crap Bok coach.

HM was totally outdated. And seemingly never realised we would need springboks after the world cup also. AND LOST TO JAPAN

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:02 am 

Cartman wrote:
Chilli wrote:
saffer13 wrote:

HM was totally outdated. And seemingly never realised we would need springboks after the world cup also. AND LOST TO JAPAN

Yip, 4 years too late.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:44 pm 

Quote:
Cape Town - Coach Rassie Erasmus says he's unsure who to cut from the Springbok squad for the 2019 Rugby World Cup in Japan.

Erasmus and the Springboks have been lauded for their surprise tactic of splitting their squad for Rugby Championship Tests against Australia and New Zealand.

The match against the Wallabies was played in South Africa, while the All Blacks clash was in Wellington and the Springboks won the former with a bonus point and earned a credible draw in the latter.

This has left them in a strong position to win the Rugby Championship - and has uncovered plenty of options for the World Cup.

However, one drawback appears to be that Erasmus now has too many options.

"There are 36 to 38 players in our camp and in our plans at this stage‚" Erasmus said from Auckland.

"It’ll be tough for me personally because there are going to be six or seven guys who’ll fall out of the squad and I’m already worried about that.

"We are lucky there are few injuries at this stage‚ and hopefully it will stay that way. Some guys will drop out‚ which is tough‚ but we will worry about that after the game at Loftus."

The Springboks are next in action in their final Rugby Championship match against Argentina in Salta on Saturday, August 10.

Kick-off is at 21:40 SA time and the match will be broadcast LIVE on SuperSport 1.

A bonus-point victory for the Boks will ensure they win their first ever Rugby Championship title - irrespective of what happens in the day's earlier match between Australia and New Zealand in Perth.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:29 am 

:shock: I can't wait till 23h00 to celebrate our Cup.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:39 am 

OomPB wrote:

You'll have to wait another week

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:03 am 

Jensrsa wrote:
OomPB wrote:

I know, need to get the planning right.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:11 am 

Jensrsa wrote:
OomPB wrote:

I think that he knows that.
He means that old people like him eat by 18h00 and are in bed having taken their pills by 19h30. Have you ever seen him post after 19h30?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:29 am 

Chilli wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
OomPB wrote:

I think that he knows that.
He means that old people like him eat by 18h00 and are in bed having taken their pills by 19h30. Have you ever seen him post after 19h30?

I am going to struggle to get through the match.......I have been through a very tough few weeks personally and have had to take something to get through it all and it knocks me out...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:42 am 

The fact that tattoos are permanent finally set in?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:52 am 

Average Joe wrote:
The fact that tattoos are permanent finally set in?

When are you showing yours dude.....no, not that

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:15 am 

I do not have the urge to permanently spoil my perfect chiseled manly man body by drawing pictures on it. There is to much brilliance to take in as it is. Like they say you don't cover beautiful art with graffiti.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:53 pm 

Chilli wrote:
Quote:
Cape Town - Coach Rassie Erasmus says he's unsure who to cut from the Springbok squad for the 2019 Rugby World Cup in Japan.

Erasmus and the Springboks have been lauded for their surprise tactic of splitting their squad for Rugby Championship Tests against Australia and New Zealand.

The match against the Wallabies was played in South Africa, while the All Blacks clash was in Wellington and the Springboks won the former with a bonus point and earned a credible draw in the latter.

This has left them in a strong position to win the Rugby Championship - and has uncovered plenty of options for the World Cup.

However, one drawback appears to be that Erasmus now has too many options.

"There are 36 to 38 players in our camp and in our plans at this stage‚" Erasmus said from Auckland.

"It’ll be tough for me personally because there are going to be six or seven guys who’ll fall out of the squad and I’m already worried about that.

"We are lucky there are few injuries at this stage‚ and hopefully it will stay that way. Some guys will drop out‚ which is tough‚ but we will worry about that after the game at Loftus."

The Springboks are next in action in their final Rugby Championship match against Argentina in Salta on Saturday, August 10.

Kick-off is at 21:40 SA time and the match will be broadcast LIVE on SuperSport 1.

A bonus-point victory for the Boks will ensure they win their first ever Rugby Championship title - irrespective of what happens in the day's earlier match between Australia and New Zealand in Perth.

AE, write that name down first Rassie.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:09 am 

Quote:
Unfortunately, Siya Kolisi hasn’t seen any game time in the green and gold this year, but his first year as Bok captain and some superb Vodacom Super Rugby performances earlier in the year secure him the blindside position in my team.

This is unfortunate for Pieter-Steph Du Toit, as he simply cannot offer the openside role that is left vacant by playing Kolisi on the blind, and I believe the best bet to fill this specialist position would be Marcell Coetzee.

However, Pieter-Steph’s impact lies in his versatility and I would be quick to bring him into the game in the second half, either at lock or in the open

interesting

https://www.sarugbymag.co.za/pack-id-pick-front-blacks/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2049 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 52  Next