Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 974 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Boks 2019 RWC fred
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:05 pm 

Jensrsa wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
Which is why I asked if he improved. Rassie isn't going to select a scrummie who hasn't at least got a reasonable kicking skill

Select project players for normal tests series is fine but not for your RWC squad

As the 3rd scrummie, Jantjies will be fine. Faf as the starter and Papier there as well, who did really well on the EOYT. If Faf or Papier get injured, then you can look at bringing someone like Reinach in.

Papier is struggling to make the Bulls side at the moment and wasn't invited to the last Bok camp. And you need a more "conservative' scrummie in the mix, having 3 or 4 "expressive" players will be a recipe for disaster

Funny thing, JM rated Andre Warner at the Bulls and now Pote has been backing him the last few games as well

Jantjies wiil be there. Hope Rassie take Papier and leave out chicken runner Reinach.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:31 pm 

OomPB wrote:
Jantjies wiil be there. Hope Rassie take Papier and leave out chicken runner Reinach.

I know Elton will be there but I doubt very much that Herschell will be

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:35 pm 

Ja, making important decisions based on calling someone a 'chicken runner' is a good professional strategy :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:42 pm 

Lemoentjie wrote:
Ja, making important decisions based on calling someone a 'chicken runner' is a good professional strategy :thumbup:

I think his daughter is back in SA. :)

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:19 pm 

Jensrsa wrote:
OomPB wrote:

Herschel has delivered so far, improving all the time.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:21 pm 

Jensrsa wrote:
Lemoentjie wrote:

How did you know? Oorstootdrie in beseringstyd (laat lammetjie) is still a UK chicken runner.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:22 pm 

OomPB wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
Lemoentjie wrote:

How did you know? Oorstootdrie in bezeringstyd is still a UK chicken runner.

When she was overseas your relaxed on the chicken runners :)

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:07 pm 

How badly injured is Pollard?

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:09 am 

mdaclarke wrote:
How badly injured is Pollard?

Flew home with a calf strain. Me thinks more cotton-wooling than actually injured.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:14 am 

Jensrsa wrote:
Lemoentjie wrote:

His son is coaching mofstok in Derby-Upon-Scratchpatch apparently

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:16 am 

OomPB wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
OomPB wrote:

His only claim to fame is playing for Province...other than that he is not near the class of Reinach..... :uhoh:

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:20 am 

Sards wrote:
OomPB wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
OomPB wrote:

His only claim to fame is playing for Province...other than that he is not near the class of Reinach..... :uhoh:

He has been the form 9 of all the SA SR teams by a mile

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:23 am 

Last time I saw Reinach he seemed a bit of a dummkopf.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:23 am 

Jensrsa wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
OomPB wrote:
No Kolbe?

I think he'll be there.
Jantjies should go instead of Reinach as well and NO FLO, please.

RWC is not a training exercise. And Jantjies's kicking is not up to scratch for a Bok scrummie

Correct. His kicking disqualifies him.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:28 am 

Average Joe wrote:

Yup....and I was the first to say he has no brains...but his stint North has obviously given him the experience to be a consumate proffessional...there are other RWCs for Jantjies to feature in.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:39 am 

Average Joe wrote:

Just out of curiosity, when was that?

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:59 am 

assfly wrote:
Average Joe wrote:

Last time he wore the guppie jersey. Yous telling me he got a PhD since he left?

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:26 am 

Average Joe wrote:
assfly wrote:
Average Joe wrote:

Last time he wore the guppie jersey. Yous telling me he got a PhD since he left?

Listen....there isn't a single current bok that has a PhD...but yes he wasn't the brightest of chaps....have you heard PSDT speak...I was quite surprised.
If we had to have only clever players playing for our National side we would not be able to field a team.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:34 am 

Reinach regressed horrifically in his last season with the Sharks. I was glad to see the back of him. Similar to Faf - was a proper headless chicken. He’s turned things around in a major way though. I’ve watched a lot of him this season. He’s still got the x-factor he’s always had, but his service and option taking have gone to another level. His selection is a complete no-brainer.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:39 am 

sunnybanana wrote:
Reinach regressed horrifically in his last season with the Sharks. I was glad to see the back of him. Similar to Faf - was a proper headless chicken. He’s turned things around in a major way though. I’ve watched a lot of him this season. He’s still got the x-factor he’s always had, but his service and option taking have gone to another level. His selection is a complete no-brainer.

It's terrible how many player's careers gets fukced by the Sharks. Finally the players have caught on to this and are now leaving the union ASAP.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:41 am 

Sards wrote:
Average Joe wrote:
assfly wrote:
Average Joe wrote:

Listen....there isn't a single current bok that has a PhD...but yes he wasn't the brightest of chaps....have you heard PSDT speak...I was quite surprised.

Ja look they are professional rugby players so not much need for a lot of brains. The point I was making is that Reinachs decision making, distribution skills and tactical kicking was probably the worst I've seen ever. The only thing he had going for him was speed and I don't watch a lot of northern rugby except for some of the Cheetah games but from the little bit that I've seen he scores a lot of tries using his speed and not much else.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:44 am 

handyman wrote:
It's terrible how many player's careers gets fukced by the Sharks. Finally the players have caught on to this and are now leaving the union ASAP.

Why do you consider moving overseas to get paid a lot more money as getting your career fucked? Most people would consider this a step in in any career.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:55 am 

assfly wrote:
handyman wrote:

Why do you consider moving overseas to get paid a lot more money as getting your career fucked? Most people would consider this a step in in any career.

Well, here the Sharks had a player with all the physical attributes to be a great Springbok. All they had to do, was coach him and empower him to use that attributes.

It's sad that they could not achieve this and that he had to leave our shores to get competent coaching and guidance.

Clearly Reinach is not a rocket scientist, but how could his English club use him that effectively in such a short space of time, but the Sharks could not?

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:02 am 

handyman wrote:
assfly wrote:
handyman wrote:

Well, here the Sharks had a player with all the physical attributes to be a great Springbok. All they had to do, was coach him and empower him to use that attributes.

It's sad that they could not achieve this and that he had to leave our shores to get competent coaching and guidance.

Clearly Reinach is not a rocket scientist, but how could his English club use him that effectively in such a short space of time, but the Sharks could not?

Heyneke Meyer screwed him over by trying to convert him into a FdP clone instead of allowing him to play his game. That fed into his game at the Sharks too, the same it did for Lambie after the 2012 EOYT

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:06 am 

handyman wrote:
assfly wrote:
handyman wrote:

Talk of the Pot calling the kettle black....seriously....you lot should worry about your own defficiencies instead of focusing on other franchises.....but it pleases me to see that little green monster parading on Stomp shoulders begging for some kind of recognition.....its like savoring a decent red with char grilled Rump .

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:09 am 

assfly wrote:
handyman wrote:

their players just don't get the same international recognition playing for the Stormers...its like the graveyard players go to where they know they can enjoy a long career shoveling soil .

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:10 am 

I don't think there would be a lot of left field choices made by the couching staff at this late stage. Rassie did not have a lot of time to experiment with different combinations but I reckon the team with their backups are basically settled and will be those that has played in a Bok jersey so far under Rassie. He is very meticulous in his planning and I doubt he will change his mind this late bar injuries but he probably has that covered as well.

My bet for scrumhalf would be:
Faf
Van snail
Pampiertjies

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:11 am 

handyman wrote:

They did, and they made him a Springbok and clearly caught the eye of Northampton who made him an offer he couldn't refuse. He was born and bred in Bloem and went to Grey College, but like many of his kind he chose to further his career at a province that is a great career choice.

handyman wrote:

I agree with all of this, and it's not a problem that is unique to the Sharks, unless you deliberately wanted to spin it that way. It depends on how you look at it:

- South African coaches/provinces are shit, which is why players excel when they go overseas
- South African coaches/provinces must be doing something right, as they export hundreds of professional rugby players overseas.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:41 am 

The supporters of a team with Fleck as a coach and DDA AS their star player commenting about the intellect of other teams and their players :roll:

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:48 am 

Chilli wrote:
The supporters of a team with Fleck as a coach and DDA AS their star player commenting about the intellect of other teams and their players :roll:

:lol:

Its like the ANC supporters......not the brightest but make the biggest noise and don't care about the repercussions as long as there people are positioned in power......But us Natalians appreciate the oppurtunity to take their women and land and make a living off of them.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:53 am 

Chilli wrote:

Careful now boet, I would be keeping quiet if I were supporting the Bulls and Cheetahs.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:08 am 

Goeie fok you fokkers just can't help yourselves can you? "my team is beter than yours, your team is so kak, they are just the kakest" and all this on a thread about the national team. A team we should all support. No wonder this country is so fucktup.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:32 am 

Average Joe wrote:
Goeie fok you fokkers just can't help yourselves can you? "my team is beter than yours, your team is so kak, they are just the kakest" and all this on a thread about the national team. A team we should all support. No wonder this country is so fucktup.

Dude....this country is fu cked up no matter which way you look at it....don't act surprised...tribalism, nepotism and cliques are what power this country.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:35 am 

Sards wrote:
Average Joe wrote:

Dude....this country is fu cked up no matter which way you look at it....don't act surprised...tribalism, nepotism and cliques are what power this country.

You forgot to add kak tattoos to the list

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:52 am 

Big Nipper wrote:
Sards wrote:
Average Joe wrote:

Ja.......struggling to find a decent artist to do this one for me....

Been bouncing it around but they all seem nervous complaining about too much detail....?????
Even agreed to remove 2 snake heads as indicated

Last edited by Sards on Thu May 23, 2019 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:54 am 

Sards wrote:
Big Nipper wrote:
Sards wrote:
Average Joe wrote:

Ja.......struggling to find a decent artist to do this one for me....

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:57 am 

If you exclude the snakes heads it will look like she has derms for hair.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:59 am 

Average Joe wrote:
If you exclude the snakes heads it will look like she has derms for hair.

Only the top two...they really look KAK....besides...that area will be behind my Werewolves chin so you wont see it

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:30 am 

Jensrsa wrote:
handyman wrote:
assfly wrote:
handyman wrote:

Heyneke Meyer screwed him over by trying to convert him into a FdP clone instead of allowing him to play his game. That fed into his game at the Sharks too, the same it did for Lambie after the 2012 EOYT

BS. Did you get a knock on the head or something?

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:45 pm 

Sydvicious wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
handyman wrote:
assfly wrote:
handyman wrote:

BS. Did you get a knock on the head or something?

Jens? Retired to the Cape and suips too much these days.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 974 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next