Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:50 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:57 am 

mr bungle wrote:
Demilich wrote:
Man In Black wrote:
I actually know quite a few people in the NZ softball scene I wonder if it’s worth reaching out to see if they know him.

That seems like a very odd thing to wonder about the worth of reaching out to people for.

"Hey Pete, not talked to you in a while. That bloke who murdered that backpacker was a softballer - you know him? Yeah? Coooooooool. Well... uhhh... catch you round, I guess."

Make sure you report back here. :P

MIB was a scumbag journo in a former life ;)

Well it’s still actually my job but for a different industry so that’s pretty par for the course for me really.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:57 am 

''

Last edited by Dark on Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:00 am 

The photo of her poor father has got to be one of the most saddest images ever.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:07 am 

Tehui wrote:
The photo of her poor father has got to be one of the most saddest images ever.

The poor bugger will have to identify the body. Can't even imagine it. Don't really want to.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:08 am 

RuggaBugga wrote:
What paper is it in?

Hey RuggaBugga, I think this guy might come from our old neighbourhood.

:(

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:11 am 

Tehui wrote:
RuggaBugga wrote:
What paper is it in?

Have you found it then, as I would think it might be advisable for me to delete that post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:13 am 

Dark wrote:
Tehui wrote:
RuggaBugga wrote:
What paper is it in?

Have you found it then, as I would think it might be advisable for me to delete that post

I've found his name and I've seen a couple of images. I'm pretty sure he's from my old neighbourhood. I'd have to ask some locals who are close to his age to confirm it for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:14 am 

So we can name him then if we like?
It's on the front page of the Mail on line with shit loads of pictures.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:14 am 

mr bungle wrote:
RuggaBugga wrote:
What paper is it in?

Start with other stuff mentioned above.

Well that was easy. Creepy af alright.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:23 am 

c69 wrote:

I wouldn't (and haven't) given I'm resident in the territory within which the suppression order was issued. I doubt the site owners would be overly stoked either.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:24 am 

c69 wrote:

You can. Those of us domiciled in NZ can't.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:30 am 

So how do you get a 5'6 58kg body out of a backpackers on the busiest street in NZ, on a weekend? Or. Why would you kill her in the Waitaks?

Regardless. What a weird plum. Facebook friending your date and killing her around 12h later.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:38 am 

Something happened and he panicked and killed her I think, no idea obviously of how that sort of mind works.

Met her in a pub, friended her must have offered something to lure her back. Then who knows what and she gets killed on her birthday, messed up. Poor kid.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:50 am 

blackblackblack wrote:
Something happened and he panicked and killed her I think, no idea obviously of how that sort of mind works.

Met her in a pub, friended her must have offered something to lure her back. Then who knows what and she gets killed on her birthday, messed up. Poor kid.

Numerous rumours they met on tinder or similar...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:57 am 

JPNZ wrote:
blackblackblack wrote:

Numerous rumours they met on tinder or similar...

Have to say I thought that might be the case. Still, a lot to be revealed in the days and weeks to come. Appears again late January.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:15 pm 

This woman here dodged a rather large bullet.

Quote:
A woman says she was in regular contact with the man who has been charged with the murder of British backpacker Grace Millane, and they'd planned to meet for a date.

The woman, who does not want to be identified, said she and the 26-year-old man, who has name suppression, met six months ago via a dating app and had been messaging each other.

They talked about meeting face-to-face for the first time in West Auckland on Saturday, December 1, but the woman was busy so postponed.

That same night, police allege Millane met the man at SkyCity in central Auckland, the eve of her 22nd birthday. Millane was last seen alive entering the CityLife Hotel on Queen St at 9.41pm. Her body was found in a bush near a road in the Waitakere Ranges a week later.

The 30-year-old woman said she and the man arranged to meet up again on Tuesday this week, but they had not decided on the location.

She last heard from him on Thursday morning and wondered why he hadn't been in touch.

Police told her on Monday what had happened.

"I'm quite upset," the woman said.

"Obviously angels were watching over me

She said she thought she had been talking to a "decent guy".

"At the time it was just legitimately all normal. The only weird thing I thought about him was that he asked me for feet photos and of me with my high heels on."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:24 pm 

booji boy wrote:
blackblackblack wrote:
When it is issued by a NZ court. Grace Millane's alleged killer named in British press, it would appear he commented on her instagram too.

He commented on her Facebook profile picture. f**king creepy.

Yes, reminded me of the this

https://youtu.be/W5eDXLwIDys

the creepiest or the lot. He appeared on the show during his spree.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:10 am 

Tehui wrote:
Does PR have private messaging? You're all are too cryptic for me. Just tell me who he is.

Just enter this search string as I did in Duck Duck Go, 'Daily Mail Millane killer', the name is in the list of search returns.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:36 am 

Auckman wrote:
This woman here dodged a rather large bullet.

Quote:
A woman says she was in regular contact with the man who has been charged with the murder of British backpacker Grace Millane, and they'd planned to meet for a date.

The woman, who does not want to be identified, said she and the 26-year-old man, who has name suppression, met six months ago via a dating app and had been messaging each other.

They talked about meeting face-to-face for the first time in West Auckland on Saturday, December 1, but the woman was busy so postponed.

That same night, police allege Millane met the man at SkyCity in central Auckland, the eve of her 22nd birthday. Millane was last seen alive entering the CityLife Hotel on Queen St at 9.41pm. Her body was found in a bush near a road in the Waitakere Ranges a week later.

The 30-year-old woman said she and the man arranged to meet up again on Tuesday this week, but they had not decided on the location.

She last heard from him on Thursday morning and wondered why he hadn't been in touch.

Police told her on Monday what had happened.

"I'm quite upset," the woman said.

"Obviously angels were watching over me

She said she thought she had been talking to a "decent guy".

"At the time it was just legitimately all normal. The only weird thing I thought about him was that he asked me for feet photos and of me with my high heels on."

Yeah all perfectly normal except for the part where the dude you've never actually met is asking you for fetish photos. Wtf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:49 am 

He's got an Aussie accent so I feel given the Ockers tried to take Phar Lap and Crowded House, they are welcome to this one.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:41 am 

Grizz Wyllie wrote:
He's got an Aussie accent so I feel given the Ockers tried to take Phar Lap and Crowded House, they are welcome to this one.

Once he goes to court, he'll never transit Australia again.

You're welcome. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:49 am 

Do not read if in NZ

Link if interested - to Daily Mail.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... court.html

Innocent until proven etc...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:12 am 

Andrew Little has called on the British media to stop releasing details and noted how this could jeopardise a trial.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/109252701/justice-minister-andrew-little-urges-british-media-to-ensure-justice-for-grace-millane

He also said:
Quote:
We have got to do all we can … if he gets to walk away it's a further injustice to the Millane family.

I hope the abridged quote has excluded the words "if guilty". If not, that's an interesting statement from someone calling on people not to say/do things that could be argued to have prejudiced a trial.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:18 am 

JB1981 wrote:
Andrew Little has called on the British media to stop releasing details and noted how this could jeopardise a trial.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/109252701/justice-minister-andrew-little-urges-british-media-to-ensure-justice-for-grace-millane

He also said:
Quote:
We have got to do all we can … if he gets to walk away it's a further injustice to the Millane family.

I hope the abridged quote has excluded the words "if guilty". If not, that's an interesting statement from someone calling on people not to say/do things that could be argued to have prejudiced a trial.

You'd have to say this is a pretty cut and dried case though isn't it. The guy has been caught almost red handed. The best outcome would be if the swine pleads guilty in the face of insurmountable evidence. We will have to wait and see I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:25 am 

Yep, an early guilty plea and suitable sentence would be the best outcome from here.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:54 am 

JB1981 wrote:
Yep, an early guilty plea and suitable sentence would be the best outcome from here.

This is the NZ criminal justice system we're talking about here. The system where some people spend too much time in prison for less serious offences, and others spend not enough time in prison for more serious offences.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:18 am 

Tehui wrote:
JB1981 wrote:

This is the NZ criminal justice system we're talking about here. The system where some people spend too much time in prison for less serious offences, and others spend not enough time in prison for more serious offences.

This guy is all set up for an absolute maximum sentence. He's a poster boy for a long stretch.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:23 am 

Happens all the time over here with suppression orders
It’s even more comical as some philandering footballer has his name suppressed in England yet across the border in Scotland they can put it up in Christmas lights if they want

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:43 am 

Winnie wrote:
Happens all the time over here with suppression orders
It’s even more comical as some philandering footballer has his name suppressed in England yet across the border in Scotland they can put it up in Christmas lights if they want

Need some kind of backstop to prevent that.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:42 pm 

Geez reading up on this guy it seems like he is just a sleazy creep around women. One of his former softball team mates reckons he was a bit of a loner, bit of a weirdo. Grace Millane was just so unlucky to have crossed paths with him. I'm sure he didn't set out intending to murder her but I imagine once back at his apartment things probably turned ugly when she rejected his sexual advances. So tragic. :(

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:43 am 

booji boy wrote:
I'm sure he didn't set out intending to murder her but I imagine once back at his apartment things probably turned ugly when she rejected his sexual advances. So tragic. :(

That's the way I see it going too. However, it will be interesting to know the results of the forensic pathologist with regards to modus operandi and whether sexual assault or deviancy took place.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:52 am 

Tehui wrote:
booji boy wrote:
I'm sure he didn't set out intending to murder her but I imagine once back at his apartment things probably turned ugly when she rejected his sexual advances. So tragic. :(

That's the way I see it going too. However, it will be interesting to know the results of the forensic pathologist with regards to modus operandi and whether sexual assault or deviancy took place.

They have already said they won't be releasing the autopsy results, so I'm guessing it is very very not pretty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:47 am 

Body was intact when the found it so guessing he didn't chop her up and put her in a suitcase before dumping body in the Waitaks

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:00 am 

The perp obviously didn't follow the news in NZ or he would've known the best place to stash a body is in a car boot parked on the street outside his house.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:27 am 

deadduck wrote:
The perp obviously didn't follow the news in NZ or he would've known the best place to stash a body is in a car boot parked on the street outside his house.

:lol:

Mate. That was shocking

They were doing interviews on TV in front of it

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:11 pm 

How long was it before they discovered that Woman in the boot of the car after the started looking? A couple weeks almost?

I recall it. In Avondale from memory. At the time my only thought was "keystone cops".

It was her car too wasn't it?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:01 pm 

May have already been covered, but Google have just gone ahead and published the name to thousands of people with their trending/news alert email. And they put it in the subject line so people didn't even have to open the e-mail to have the name published in their inbox.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:12 pm 

blackblackblack wrote:
When it is issued by a NZ court. Grace Millane's alleged killer named in British press, it would appear he commented on her instagram too.

Didn't even realise it was supposed to be a secret, it's been reported as normal here. Why wouldn't it be, Is NZ law different to UK?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:40 pm 

Boobs not Moobs wrote:
Is NZ law different to UK?

x(

Erm ...

Yes, it is.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:45 pm 

Boobs not Moobs wrote:
blackblackblack wrote:

Didn't even realise it was supposed to be a secret, it's been reported as normal here. Why wouldn't it be, Is NZ law different to UK?

Different how?

Obviously NZ courts have no jurisdiction over what gets published in the UK or anywhere else, but generally media tend to respect these sorts of things but there are loads of cases where they haven't obviously.

If you mean in terms of an accused getting name suppression, it does happen fairly often in NZ.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next