Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1084 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:42 pm 

Varsity Way wrote:
France are shocking. I cannot let myself believe that we (England) are that good?

England played the first half by simply pinning France down in their 22 and capitalised on their chances. Later in the game, France managed to hold possession and England immediately leaked penalties. France didn't seem to know how to break the line when they had the chance and of course, were a man down for ten... when they should have been shredded completely going by early game form.

I think France were that poor while England are pretty damned good... but not good enough to manage putting another 20 points or so on France. Is that a measure? How does this English team stack up if they face a strong opponent? No trolling intended here but Ireland weren't.

I think Eddie's got them humming again after last year looked a little messy. They're definitely a serious threat.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:44 pm 

That's definitely fair. Both sides we've faced have had flaws brutally exposed. A more rounded opponent is going to ask us much harder questions. Wales will be lethal at the breakdown and have a great back 3, with a defence that can match ours.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:46 pm 

ovalball wrote:

:thumbdown: No need for this paddy power level shit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:30 pm 

JM2K6 wrote:
That's definitely fair. Both sides we've faced have had flaws brutally exposed. A more rounded opponent is going to ask us much harder questions. Wales will be lethal at the breakdown and have a great back 3, with a defence that can match ours.

Wales are clear favourites. They don’t know how to lose.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:59 pm 

LandOTurk wrote:
BBC website

This is the sixth time in the Six Nations era that England have scored 30 or more points in the first half of a match in the competition. Their next opponents Wales are the only team yet to concede 30 or more points against England in the first 40 minutes.

Oh do f off!

Facts are facts!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:01 pm 

Chuckles1188 wrote:
Kruis has been fairly anonymous so far this tournament and a lost lineout isn't a point in his favour

He hit the 2nd most number of rucks against Ireland. Doing the unsceen work.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:11 pm 

Yeah I thought Kruis went really well today. He was really getting stuck into the big French pack and was very destructive. Line-out was on point until the last one he competed in.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:24 pm 

Stone wrote:
Sinclair started it and than ran off :lol:

Perhaps he didn't start it
https://www.reddit.com/r/rugbyunion/com ... _head_tap/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:33 pm 

Chuckles1188 wrote:
Noted big rugby thinker Ben Ryan may have called the French resurgence a leetle bit early

Paid consultant bigging up the work he does for his bosses shocker!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:39 pm 

clementinfrance wrote:
Nope.

What French rugby needs is for the TOP 14 clubs to properly prepare their best French players for the intl arena (fitness, mental strength and basic skills) and for the FFR not to be run by crooks, to have a proper long term strategy and a good coaching staff...

Should be a doddle... :?

To be fair, I'm not sure the English league or Pro-14 does, it's just the arrangements are thus the players do get time away from clubs to prep for test rugby and get given more support for fitness, psychology, skills etc. France need to come to an arrangement with the league for this.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:58 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
Chuckles1188 wrote:
Noted big rugby thinker Ben Ryan may have called the French resurgence a leetle bit early

Sure, but his rent-a-gob persona since the Olympics is getting more and more irritating, particularly given how often it seems to coincide to pop up and either cast doubt on England's chances or openly take shots

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:27 am 

Chuckles1188 wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Chuckles1188 wrote:

Sure, but his rent-a-gob persona since the Olympics is getting more and more irritating, particularly given how often it seems to coincide to pop up and either cast doubt on England's chances or openly take shots

I agree. I didn't realise you were been sarcastic about Ben Ryan at first. Largely because so many hang onto his every word because he once won gold with Fiji. I'll happily listen to his stories about Fiji, a wonderful story, but he seems to believe he is some all knowing Rugby guru now. Despite (ok I'm being mean here) the entire sum of his genius in Fiji was to apply basic nutrition and fitness plans to the most talented team on earth, which most people with a decent level of coaching could have done.

Besides that I'm also tired of his open sniping at England. As far as I'm aware we all know the RFU has flaws, but Ben Ryan seems to be think he was treated poorly.

Last edited by eldanielfire on Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:31 am 

eldanielfire wrote:
Chuckles1188 wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Chuckles1188 wrote:

I agree. I didn't realsie you were been sarcastic about Ben Ryan at first. Largely because so many hang onto his every word because he once won gold with Fiji. I'll happily listen to his stories about Fiji, a wonderful story, but he seems to believe he is some all knowing Rugby guru now. Despite (ok I'm being mean here) the entire sum of his genius in Fiji was to apply basic nutrition and fitness plans to the most talented team on earth, which most people with a decent level of coaching could have done.

Besides that I'm also tired of his open sniping at England. As far as I'm aware we all know the RFU has flaws, but Ben Ryan seems to be think he was treated poorly.

Spot on.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:35 am 

LandOTurk wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Chuckles1188 wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Chuckles1188 wrote:

I agree. I didn't realise you were been sarcastic about Ben Ryan at first. Largely because so many hang onto his every word because he once won gold with Fiji. I'll happily listen to his stories about Fiji, a wonderful story, but he seems to believe he is some all knowing Rugby guru now. Despite (ok I'm being mean here) the entire sum of his genius in Fiji was to apply basic nutrition and fitness plans to the most talented team on earth, which most people with a decent level of coaching could have done.

Spot on.

Cheers! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:23 am 

:thumbup:

I know he's reading this, so:

Look, Ben, we get it, the RFU are all real squares, man. They're boring and old and they smell and they have mad opinions which they refuse to reconsider. This isn't news. We're all very happy for your achievement with Fiji, and I'm sure they'll cast Eddie Redmayne to play you in the film and it will get you lots of swooning adoration from beautiful women when you reveal he was playing you. But fuck off with giving English rugby grief. Fiji put you on their money FFS, you don't need a bigger profile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:24 am 

Chuckles1188 wrote:
:thumbup:

I know he's reading this, so:

Look, Ben, we get it, the RFU are all real squares, man. They're boring and old and they smell and they have mad opinions which they refuse to reconsider. This isn't news. We're all very happy for your achievement with Fiji, and I'm sure they'll cast Eddie Redmayne to play you in the film and it will get you lots of swooning adoration from beautiful women when you reveal he was playing you. But fuck off with giving English rugby grief. Fiji put you on their money FFS, you don't need a bigger profile

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:39 am 

On funny, I did love this tweet during the game:

Quote:

Blood & Mud Rugby@bloodandmud

Guirado in France Pre-match huddle:
"lads, we give them nothing. We work as a unit, we quiet them"

73 secs later..

"lads, what the fudge?"

#ENGvFRA

3:05 PM - 10 Feb 2019

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:45 am 

Good posts, Chuckles :thumbup:

Ryan strikes me as a bit of a dweeb. I've no idea why so many seem to hang on his every word.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:21 am 

guy smiley wrote:
Varsity Way wrote:
France are shocking. I cannot let myself believe that we (England) are that good?

England played the first half by simply pinning France down in their 22 and capitalised on their chances. Later in the game, France managed to hold possession and England immediately leaked penalties. France didn't seem to know how to break the line when they had the chance and of course, were a man down for ten... when they should have been shredded completely going by early game form.

I think France were that poor while England are pretty damned good... but not good enough to manage putting another 20 points or so on France. Is that a measure? How does this English team stack up if they face a strong opponent? No trolling intended here but Ireland weren't.

I think Eddie's got them humming again after last year looked a little messy. They're definitely a serious threat.

2 things for me :

1. Looks like Eddie's staff are good at chosing exactly the right tactic against the right opponent, making the most of their weaknesses. This is a positive

2. England physicality is an asset: powerful in contact, they contained the French comfortably in the second half. In attack, they get the forward momentum. With a pacey back three, once the defense is sucked in, they can either kick through and put the defense under pressure or use the overlap.

Sounds a good receipe to win for me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:29 am 

Here it is, from the BBC website. Well sumarised:

Quote:
France had no answer to England's physicality, their back three turned inside out by the constant kicks rained in behind them, and their appalling run at Twickenham goes on.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:31 am 

guy smiley wrote:

Well a weaker England team were a pen or drop-goal from beating NZ (if you consider NZ a stronger team than Ireland which is debatable now).

Not sure I'd judge England for not putting another 20 points on France, the game was won by half-time, has to change the mindset to some degree.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:35 am 

Enzedder wrote:
May three tries? England got the ball to a winger 3 times?????

#SHCoaches

Two of them were chasing kicks, lets not go crazy. :)

Last edited by Rugby2023 on Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:39 am 

Rugby2023 wrote:
guy smiley wrote:

Well a weaker England team were a pen or drop-goal from beating NZ (if you consider NZ a stronger team than Ireland which is debatable now).

Not sure I'd judge England for not putting another 20 points on France, the game was won by half-time, has to change the mindset to some degree.

And from the six tries scored by England yesterday, 4 came from chasing kicks, including a penalty try.

Last edited by TheFrog on Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:39 am 

Well, that was close!

Congrats England.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:40 am 

Another hugely impressive performance by England even though they took their foot off the gas for most of the second half.

I'm a big fan of Wilson, turning into a slightly inferior version of Richard Hill which is a massive compliment.

Be interesting to see how Wales handle the favourites tag for the next game, Gatland may regret shooting his mouth off before the tournament started.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:41 am 

Rugby2023 wrote:
guy smiley wrote:

Whilst I understand why coaches want to give lots of players a game, making so many changes so close together nearly always kills a game like that.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:49 am 

The Ginger Jedi wrote:
Another hugely impressive performance by England even though they took their foot off the gas for most of the second half.

I'm a big fan of Wilson, turning into a slightly inferior version of Richard Hill which is a massive compliment.

Be interesting to see how Wales handle the favourites tag for the next game, Gatland may regret shooting his mouth off before the tournament started.

I wonder if Eddie Jones instructions at half time were not "Well done boys, that attacking moves practice went well, now you leave the ball to the French and practice your defensive routines"...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:51 am 

The Ginger Jedi wrote:

Favourites tag.... :lol:

Bullshit....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:53 am 

maxbox wrote:
The Ginger Jedi wrote:

Bullshit....

Wales on their best ever unbeaten run in Cardiff where England have traditionally struggled in a tournament where away wins are fairly rare beasts? I think its fair to say that they could be considered favourites.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:57 am 

blindcider wrote:
maxbox wrote:
The Ginger Jedi wrote:

Bullshit....

Wales on their best ever unbeaten run in Cardiff where England have traditionally struggled in a tournament where away wins are fairly rare beasts? I think its fair to say that they could be considered favourites.

Feck me :lol:
We scraped past France and Italy.
We have a powder puff front 5 apart from AWJ who is on his last legs.
Not convinced about our back row. Very few carrying forwards.
England are big favourites, and should IMHO win at a canter.
We will be smashed up front.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:58 am 

Quote:
That’s the way the game is going (the kicking). If teams defend like that (with a high line) then the space is there in the back field and we have the pace. I’m sure teams will start defending us differently and that will create space in other areas.

Eddie Jones.

England is blessed with a pacey back three. It is going to be hard to defend against England.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:04 am 

maxbox wrote:
The Ginger Jedi wrote:

Bullshit....

Gatland said himself that if they beat France he expected them to win the tournament. Playing at home, best ever win streak, supremely confident coach - I'd say they're favourites, their coach certainly does.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:05 am 

c69 wrote:
blindcider wrote:
maxbox wrote:
The Ginger Jedi wrote:

Bullshit....

Gatland said it himself, beat France away and he expects Wales to win the tournament. You think he expects to lose at home making that statement? Best ever run, etc etc.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:09 am 

The Ginger Jedi wrote:
c69 wrote:
blindcider wrote:
maxbox wrote:
The Ginger Jedi wrote:

Bullshit....

Gatland said it himself, beat France away and he expects Wales to win the tournament. You think he expects to lose at home making that statement? Best ever run, etc etc.

Look at and quote his statement. I think England are massive favourites. Their pack will destroy us. Our half backs are miss firing, we are massively missing Faletau and I think only 1 player. Tipuric and perhaps Adams on form atm would make your starting 15.
Not too sure on Adams tbh.

c69 wrote:
blindcider wrote:
maxbox wrote:
The Ginger Jedi wrote:

Bullshit....

Even if that was true, Wales at home versus England are a very different beast.

Don't forget famed Welsh poster Clive is telling us that Wales have the best backrow in the 6 Nations

France had the most black players at the U20 world cup and won easily.

So how come there is barely black players in the senior team lol. :thumbdown:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:10 am 

Peaches wrote:

So how come there is no black players in the senior team lol. :thumbdown:

WTAF?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:13 am 

blindcider wrote:
Peaches wrote:

So how come there is no black players in the senior team lol. :thumbdown:

WTAF?

Guy is a weirdo mate.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:13 am 

Peaches wrote:

So how come there is barely black players in the senior team lol. :thumbdown:

What a stupid comment. And obviously wrong as well.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:14 am 

Rugby2023 wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
May three tries? England got the ball to a winger 3 times?????

#SHCoaches

Two of them were chasing kicks, lets not go crazy. :)

Regardless of Enzedders anti-English/Northern sentiments good English wingers haven't ever exactly not been poor try scorers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1084 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next