Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:35 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1084 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:14 am 

Demba Bamba; the white Sinckler!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:17 am 

Peaches wrote:
France had the most black players at the U20 world cup and won easily.

So how come there is barely black players in the senior team lol. :thumbdown:

Eh? Regardless France had plenty of black players out there yesterday ignoring the fact colour is irrelevant.

blindcider wrote:
c69 wrote:
blindcider wrote:
maxbox wrote:
The Ginger Jedi wrote:
Another hugely impressive performance by England even though they took their foot off the gas for most of the second half.

I'm a big fan of Wilson, turning into a slightly inferior version of Richard Hill which is a massive compliment.

Be interesting to see how Wales handle the favourites tag for the next game, Gatland may regret shooting his mouth off before the tournament started.

Favourites tag.... :lol:

Bullshit....

Wales on their best ever unbeaten run in Cardiff where England have traditionally struggled in a tournament where away wins are fairly rare beasts? I think its fair to say that they could be considered favourites.

Feck me :lol:
We scraped past France and Italy.
We have a powder puff front 5 apart from AWJ who is on his last legs.
Not convinced about our back row. Very few carrying forwards.
England are big favourites, and should IMHO win at a canter.
We will be smashed up front.

Even if that was true, Wales at home versus England are a very different beast.

Don't forget famed Welsh poster Clive is telling us that Wales have the best backrow in the 6 Nations

Nice to see you respect Clive and his opinion so much :thumbup:

eldanielfire wrote:
Rugby2023 wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
May three tries? England got the ball to a winger 3 times?????

#SHCoaches

Two of them were chasing kicks, lets not go crazy. :)

Regardless of Enzedders anti-English/Northern sentiments good English wingers haven't ever exactly not been poor try scorers.

Rory Underwood has more international tries than any NZer

Guess Enz's memory was already going around the time he was playing though!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:19 am 

maxbox wrote:
blindcider wrote:
Peaches wrote:

So how come there is no black players in the senior team lol. :thumbdown:

WTAF?

Guy is a weirdo mate.

Mods, can you change his name from peaches to plums

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:21 am 

c69 wrote:
The Ginger Jedi wrote:
c69 wrote:
blindcider wrote:
The Ginger Jedi wrote:
Another hugely impressive performance by England even though they took their foot off the gas for most of the second half.

I'm a big fan of Wilson, turning into a slightly inferior version of Richard Hill which is a massive compliment.

Be interesting to see how Wales handle the favourites tag for the next game, Gatland may regret shooting his mouth off before the tournament started.

Wales on their best ever unbeaten run in Cardiff where England have traditionally struggled in a tournament where away wins are fairly rare beasts? I think its fair to say that they could be considered favourites.

Feck me :lol:
We scraped past France and Italy.
We have a powder puff front 5 apart from AWJ who is on his last legs.
Not convinced about our back row. Very few carrying forwards.
England are big favourites, and should IMHO win at a canter.
We will be smashed up front.

Gatland said it himself, beat France away and he expects Wales to win the tournament. You think he expects to lose at home making that statement? Best ever run, etc etc.

Look at and quote his statement. I think England are massive favourites. Their pack will destroy us. Our half backs are miss firing, we are massively missing Faletau and I think only 1 player. Tipuric and perhaps Adams on form atm would make your starting 15.
Not too sure on Adams tbh.
[/quote]

Maybe you need to go back and look at what he said? Your memory doesn't seem to be holding up. He said France would be their toughest game, a game they won. So England at home is obviously going to be easier than a game they have already won. He said the tournament is all about momentum which Wales have. Are you saying Gatland is full of shit?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:22 am 

c69 wrote:
Nice to see you respect Clive and his opinion so much :thumbup:

I think he's an absolute clown but nonetheless I respect his opinion as that of the average Welshman in the street.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:31 am 

With England 0.47 ranking points ahead & Wales at home, par would be a Welsh victory by 6 or 7.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:57 am 

GJ with a typical little Englander response. Sad to see.
Feel free to quote what he said. It's a bit different to your slant.
Is he full of shit at times yes. Is Eddie full of shit at times yes.
Are England favourites. ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:02 am 

c69 wrote:

My memory is fine and I'll ignore the insults:

Quote:
I think we’ve got a great chance of winning the Six Nations if we win that opening game,’ he said. ‘That first game is going to be our toughest. We feel like we’re in as good a position as anybody.

‘The whole thing about Six Nations is momentum. If you can win your first couple of games, you have a great chance.’

Need I remind you that you've won your toughest game? Having won that does Gatland and the Welsh now believe they're underdogs? I think your brain is addled.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:05 am 

eldanielfire wrote:
Peaches wrote:

Eh? Regardless France had plenty of black players out there yesterday ignoring the fact colour is irrelevant.

No. It's not. France won the football world cup because football embraced the black youth and like it or not, blacks are disproportionately capable at physical sports. Rugby has been way to slow to reach out to the banlieues and partly that's because in France, rugby was predominantly a rural game and not many immigrants in the villages. Slimani, Cancoriet and Macalou all come from a small, under resourced club where my cousin's kids play. There is a mass of talent being lost out there.

Last edited by Torquemada 1420 on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:09 am 

Pantagruelean packs proven passe'?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:12 am 

Taranaki Snapper wrote:
Pantagruelean packs proven passe'?

Not really. England's behemoths outplayed France's behemoths.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:37 am 

The Ginger Jedi wrote:
c69 wrote:

Quote:
I think we’ve got a great chance of winning the Six Nations if we win that opening game,’ he said. ‘That first game is going to be our toughest. We feel like we’re in as good a position as anybody.

‘The whole thing about Six Nations is momentum. If you can win your first couple of games, you have a great chance.’

Need I remind you that you've won your toughest game? Having won that does Gatland and the Welsh now believe they're underdogs? I think your brain is addled.

We havelittle chance.
I doubt Gats factored in the great English revival, how terrible France are and a massive loss of form from a few key players.
England are a great team with players hitting their stride. Wales are average scrapping a win here and there.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:01 am 

c69 wrote:
The Ginger Jedi wrote:
c69 wrote:

Quote:

We havelittle chance.
I doubt Gats factored in the great English revival, how terrible France are and a massive loss of form from a few key players.
England are a great team with players hitting their stride. Wales are average scrapping a win here and there.

Absolute bollocks. Best winning streak in their history and playing at home where they have beaten the Springboks and the Wallabies in the last three months. This humble 'we have no chance' mask is a load of shit, you know it, I know it and Gatland knows it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:18 am 

C69 needs to be a bit more subtle in trying to appease the mockers gods

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:29 am 

c69 wrote:
The Ginger Jedi wrote:
c69 wrote:

Quote:

We havelittle chance.

If you say so!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:35 am 

Torquemada 1420 wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Peaches wrote:

No. It's not. France won the football world cup because football embraced the black youth and like it or not, blacks are disproportionately capable at physical sports. Rugby has been way to slow to reach out to the banlieues and partly that's because in France, rugby was predominantly a rural game and not many immigrants in the villages. Slimani, Cancoriet and Macalou all come from a small, under resourced club where my cousin's kids play. There is a mass of talent being lost out there.

This is true for some black people and some sports. West African's are probably physically equiped at explosive sports but also frequently lack height on average putting a disadvantage in there as well. Likewise Rift Valley Africans are probably not got the matching genetic match for Rugby despite dominance for long distance running. As always there is also the case of brain and sporting IQ. Likewise there have been plenty of bad black rugby players because for all the speed and power they lack the ability to read or understand the game. Look at someone like Chris Ashton whose entire career has been based off his incredible ability to run and see lines to run in Rugby. These sorts of skills aren't known to be race specific.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:46 am 

So, without descending into the mocker-gods trollfest that you pair seem determined to perpetuate, there are a few interesting things ahead of the Wales-England game.
    Wales can't possibly be as bad again
    The bookies have made England the odds-on favourites
    England have already beaten a tougher opposition away already
    Wales have looked bad in two terrible games, but they can up their game
    England haven't always been amazing in Cardiff under pressure
    England are getting stability among form players
    Wales are good at getting themselves up for big matches

With all of the above in mind, it has potential to be a great game. I can't honestly see it going any way other than an England win based on the last couple of matches, but there's a small part of my brain that says Wales have a chance.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:18 pm 

Da iawn diolch wrote:
So, without descending into the mocker-gods trollfest that you pair seem determined to perpetuate, there are a few interesting things ahead of the Wales-England game.

With all of the above in mind, it has potential to be a great game. I can't honestly see it going any way other than an England win based on the last couple of matches, but there's a small part of my brain that says Wales have a chance.

I'm not trying to appease any mockers Gods and/or trolling C69, I'm quoting your head coach and citing your recent record. 6N form coming into the game means nothing, it's Wales v England at Cardiff.
C69 is trying to make out that Gatlands comments shouldn't be taken seriously, why not? Of course they should. Gatland said France would be Wales toughest game, they've won that so England at home must be an easier proposition. This revisionist nonsense that the Welsh are coming out with - Gatland didn't know how poor France would be (lost to Fiji at home in the autumn) or how improved England would be (narrowly lost to the All Blacks in the autumn) is laughable. As is that small part of your brain that says Wales have a 'chance'. F**king ridiculous.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:24 pm 

Da iawn diolch wrote:

Wales definitely have a chance, if there's any game I'd expect them to turn up for it's this one, especially given our smash and grab last time we played in Cardiff. I understand the point about England not always being amazing in Cardiff under pressure but I think that's mostly coming from 30-3 which was 6 years ago now - more relevant, I think, is the World Cup game which demonstrated that English sides can be going into the game as favourites and still suffer a brainfart at the crucial moment - and that if that were to happen Wales could very much capitalise to get the win. Totally agree that, especially with the week off, this has the makings of a superb test, potentially the biggest clash of the championship this year

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:32 pm 

Chuckles1188 wrote:
Da iawn diolch wrote:

Wales definitely have a chance, if there's any game I'd expect them to turn up for it's this one, especially given our smash and grab last time we played in Cardiff. I understand the point about England not always being amazing in Cardiff under pressure but I think that's mostly coming from 30-3 which was 6 years ago now - more relevant, I think, is the World Cup game which demonstrated that English sides can be going into the game as favourites and still suffer a brainfart at the crucial moment - and that if that were to happen Wales could very much capitalise to get the win. Totally agree that, especially with the week off, this has the makings of a superb test, potentially the biggest clash of the championship this year

Yes, at least one of them will be out of Grand Slam contention in 2 weeks time

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:09 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Peaches wrote:

This is true for some black people and some sports. West African's are probably physically equiped at explosive sports but also frequently lack height on average putting a disadvantage in there as well. Likewise Rift Valley Africans are probably not got the matching genetic match for Rugby despite dominance for long distance running. As always there is also the case of brain and sporting IQ. Likewise there have been plenty of bad black rugby players because for all the speed and power they lack the ability to read or understand the game. Look at someone like Chris Ashton whose entire career has been based off his incredible ability to run and see lines to run in Rugby. These sorts of skills aren't known to be race specific.

Partially valid but largely irrelevant; France's colonies were all West and North Africa so the predominance of immigrants from there and not the Serengeti. I think you are plain wrong on the height issue in regards West Africans and their descendants in Europe.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:16 pm 

Nowt but a fag paper between England and Wales for me on neutral turf so home advantage is huge. I'd expect the taffs to win by a score. England's defence should be good enough to prevent a blow-out but our gain-line and kicking tactics are not going to be enough to roll up the Welsh in their own backyard. Gatland's too good not to have a plan in place for this one and when their tails are up the Welsh sport an extra pair of testicles.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:53 pm 

ovalball wrote:

Forgot to say. Congrats England.

What is the depth in the back three? How many pacey wingers waiting in line?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:56 pm 

TheFrog wrote:
ovalball wrote:

Forgot to say. Congrats England.

What is the depth in the back three? How many pacey wingers waiting in line?

For England? Daly looks better on the wing than fullback, Anthony Watson should someday be fit again, Joe Cokanasiga is massive and fast, took Aus apart in the autumn. Then a number of decent looking youngsters actually, though if they can make the stepup is of course a question.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:00 pm 

So future is bright then.

I wonder how long England will be able to repeat this tactic, and how quickly other sides will adapt.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:19 pm 

TheFrog wrote:

I wonder how long England will be able to repeat this tactic, and how quickly other sides will adapt.

I reckon it will remain unstoppable for precisely 12 days.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:21 pm 

pjm1 wrote:
TheFrog wrote:

I reckon it will remain unstoppable for precisely 12 days.

First time it will be tried against a team with a fullback! I hope (and expect) that England have a Plan B in the event that the opposition don't decide that fielding kicks is unnecessary.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:53 pm 

The Ginger Jedi wrote:
Da iawn diolch wrote:

I'm not trying to appease any mockers Gods and/or trolling C69, I'm quoting your head coach and citing your recent record. 6N form coming into the game means nothing, it's Wales v England at Cardiff.
C69 is trying to make out that Gatlands comments shouldn't be taken seriously, why not? Of course they should. Gatland said France would be Wales toughest game, they've won that so England at home must be an easier proposition. This revisionist nonsense that the Welsh are coming out with - Gatland didn't know how poor France would be (lost to Fiji at home in the autumn) or how improved England would be (narrowly lost to the All Blacks in the autumn) is laughable. As is that small part of your brain that says Wales have a 'chance'. F**king ridiculous.

Circumstances change, don't they? When he said it, it was a reasonable point to make.

However, since then, England have destroyed both Ireland and France and look like RWC finalists at the very least, whilst Wales played a 'Get out of Jail' card against the French and laboured to victory against Italy.

I'm sure Sir Warren would possibly revise his statement now, but who knows?

I'll be there, so just hope Wales can make a game of it against this all-powerful English outfit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:14 pm 

The Ginger Jedi wrote:
Da iawn diolch wrote:

What was the exact quote again? Remind me...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:21 pm 

Da iawn diolch wrote:

"I think we've got a great chance of winning the Six Nations, if we win that opening game. That first game is going to be our toughest. We feel like we are in as good a position as anybody to do well."

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2019-01-16/gatland-thinks-france-clash-is-the-key-to-winning-the-six-nations/

So the game was won and the other ones are not going to be as tough.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:58 pm 

ManInTheBar wrote:
Da iawn diolch wrote:

"I think we've got a great chance of winning the Six Nations, if we win that opening game. That first game is going to be our toughest. We feel like we are in as good a position as anybody to do well."

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2019-01-16/gatland-thinks-france-clash-is-the-key-to-winning-the-six-nations/

So the game was won and the other ones are not going to be as tough.

Gatland's quote shouldn't be taken out of context. Of course the first game is key to winning the championship. Lose that and winning the thing is that much harder. Win it and the next game becomes key to winning the whole thing. Etcetera. I suspect a lot of people are reading some of Gatland's quotes as him expecting England to be as poor this season as last or that fifth place is about right for England. He may be serious or he may just be trying to play mind games. Either way, we shall see how things go in a couple of weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:12 am 

Dan Cole :thumbup: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:22 am 

I guess that's Nowell in a race to get to the showers?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:25 am 

Raggs wrote:
I guess that's Nowell in a race to get to the showers?

The Rotherham flier needs a headstart as he's so slow and will miss all the hot water otherwise [/anon]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:35 am 

I reckon Cole hits the buffet table like the fist of an angry god regardless of whether he's played 80 minutes or 0.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:23 am 

Magnus Lund in the black coat.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:10 pm 

fatcat wrote:
Magnus Lund in the black coat.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:33 pm 

Clarse from Farell!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1084 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next