Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 342 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:36 pm 

And you've never had the grace or decency to thank us

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:38 pm 

happyhooker wrote:

Thank you

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:39 pm 

c69 wrote:
"Look what these bastards have done to Wales. They've taken our coal, our water, our steel. They buy our homes and live in them for a fortnight every year. What have they given us? Absolutely nothing. We've been exploited, raped, controlled and punished by the English - and that's who you are playing this afternoon. The English."

Frodder wrote:
happyhooker wrote:

Thank you

Much better. You can run along now.

happyhooker wrote:

Tbh being "exploited, raped, controlled and punished" is something you lot would usually pay for.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:41 pm 

c69 wrote:
happyhooker wrote:

Tbh being "exploited, raped, controlled and punished" is something you lot would usually pay for.

Well letting you settle here would seem like a cruel and unusual punishment we're inflicting on ourselves.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:44 pm 

happyhooker wrote:
Frodder wrote:
happyhooker wrote:

Thank you

If you'll let us have our shoes back please....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:45 pm 

happyhooker wrote:
c69 wrote:
happyhooker wrote:

Well letting you settle here would seem like a cruel and unusual punishment we're inflicting on ourselves.

Tbh I see it a missionary work, I am like a modern day Jesus curing the sick and lame.
Whilst at the same time diluting the gene pool of the Northern Monkeys

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:45 pm 

happyhooker wrote:

And, to think that we even let them pretend they are part of our Cricket team. There's just no pleasing some people.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:51 pm 

ovalball wrote:
happyhooker wrote:

And, to think that we even let them pretend they are part of our Cricket team. There's just no pleasing some people.

And I'm being altruistic enough to date one of them, despite the shame that brings on my family

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:52 pm 

Frodder wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
Frodder wrote:
happyhooker wrote:

Thank you

If you'll let us have our shoes back please....

Don't push it

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:53 pm 

England are bound to kick some balls past the Welsh defence, May is in god like form at the moment.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:54 pm 

bessantj wrote:
England are bound to kick some balls past the Welsh defence, May is in god like form at the moment.

But you'll cheat and play an actual fullback.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:55 pm 

ovalball wrote:
happyhooker wrote:

:shock: Too far much too far

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:56 pm 

c69 wrote:
ovalball wrote:
happyhooker wrote:

Agreed, why do we put up with it since Simon Jones got injured.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:58 pm 

happyhooker wrote:
bessantj wrote:

But you'll cheat and play an actual fullback.

Oh I'm sure it won't be easy but England only really need one to work and that'll be the game.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:59 pm 

bessantj wrote:

One of the intriguing subtexts within the game will be the battle of the back 3's. The English back 3 have been rampant in their first two games, but tbf, they haven't actually had to defend, or been turned in any real sense.

Granted, for Wales to do this, they will first need to get on the front foot (or be ridiculously accurate off the back foot). In much the same way as England attacked Ireland's defensive strength, it may be a decent ploy to similarly 'hammer the hammer' and try and go after the English back 3 positional play.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:04 pm 

Real pity Toby and Shingler are injured.
Especially Shingler tbh, against an athletic England he would have been great in the 2nd row, I thought he was wxcellent before he got injured and was becoming a really good line out and ball carrier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:08 pm 

Jeff the Bear wrote:
bessantj wrote:

One of the intriguing subtexts within the game will be the battle of the back 3's. The English back 3 have been rampant in their first two games, but tbf, they haven't actually had to defend, or been turned in any real sense.

Granted, for Wales to do this, they will first need to get on the front foot (or be ridiculously accurate off the back foot). In much the same way as England attacked Ireland's defensive strength, it may be a decent ploy to similarly 'hammer the hammer' and try and go after the English back 3 positional play.

Well like you say Wales will have to somehow get on the front foot. If the front five was a bit powder puff then maybe you could get round that but the scrum and line out isn't very clever either.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:21 pm 

I am still not sold at all on Daly's security under the high ball when challenged.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:24 pm 

terryfinch wrote:
Dobbin wrote:
Wales have forgotten how to lose. They're going to piss all over us. And that's just the crowd.

This is the greatest Welsh side ever. They’ve already won the toughest game (in France) and now destined for 6Ns triumph. They’ve won 11 games on the trot ffs. Wales by 10.

And for the record as a crowd we tend to spit on you, I’ve never seen any piss.....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:32 pm 

bessantj wrote:

Much like his Mother.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:33 pm 

Druid wrote:
bessantj wrote:

Much like his Mother.

Photographed mid side step.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:01 pm 

The Man Without Fear wrote:
I am still not sold at all on Daly's security under the high ball when challenged.

Wales would be mad not to target this - it is a clear area of weakness.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:26 pm 

Jeff the Bear wrote:
I always feel when we play England it's a lot more Start Wars in nature. The empire, with the absurd resources to build a moon sized Death Star of immense power, up against a rabble of lovable rogues. For all the talk of teams being the 'good guys', we really are the good guys...fighting an ever present up hill battle to overcome systemic and institutionalised issues, we still somehow manage to punch well above our weight.

It’s a very accurate analogy. We might need the Irish Ewoks help on this thread.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:31 pm 

Plato'sCave wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
I always feel when we play England it's a lot more Start Wars in nature. The empire, with the absurd resources to build a moon sized Death Star of immense power, up against a rabble of lovable rogues. For all the talk of teams being the 'good guys', we really are the good guys...fighting an ever present up hill battle to overcome systemic and institutionalised issues, we still somehow manage to punch well above our weight.

It’s a very accurate analogy. We might need the Irish Ewoks help on this thread.

I'm not so sure...may send a few of the Welsh to the dark side!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:32 pm 

Jeff the Bear wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:

Newport?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:40 pm 

Plato'sCave wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:

There comes a time when the toys have to be put back in their box.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:54 pm 

Jeff the Bear wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:

Dewi Morris ?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:26 am 

Plato'sCave wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:

Be careful you don’t attract jumper and sewa onto the thread

These aren’t the micks you’re looking for

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:40 am 

Last 10 Wales / England fixtures aggregate score: Wales 186-184 England.

Current world rankings: Wales 87.55-88.02 England

Current form (last 10 games) Wales 10/10; England 6/10 (but improving)

Wales at home.

Looks like another close game - Wales slight favourites for my money. By one score.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:08 am 

c69 wrote:
Especially Shingler tbh, against an athletic England he would have been great in the 2nd row, I thought he was wxcellent before he got injured and was becoming a really good line out and ball carrier

Imagine playing England with a flanker in the front 5 :lol: :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:11 am 

New guy wrote:
c69 wrote:

Imagine playing England with a flanker in the front 5 :lol: :shock:

Yeah, C69 has banged the 'Shingler at lock' drum before, and it's as bad an idea today as it was then. Shingler being the team is a boon for a our lineout, but he's a blindside through and through.

I'm not convinced, given the form of everyone else in the backrow, that he'd be anywhere near starting.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:55 am 

happyhooker wrote:
c69 wrote:
ovalball wrote:
happyhooker wrote:

Agreed, why do we put up with it since Simon Jones got injured.

Simon 'Horse' Jones (along with Samson Lee and Dai Greene) went to my Comp. Although a decade apart, we both had the same Cricket and English teacher, John Prickett, who was top notch at both. Here is Horse praising him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRCdweiaTKs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:46 am 

Will the Wales line-up be stronger or weaker than the 2017 line-up? (below)

Quote:
Wales: Halfpenny; Cuthbert, J Davies, S Williams, L Williams; Biggar, Webb; Evans, Owens, Francis, Ball, AW Jones, Warburton, Tipuric, Moriarty.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:39 am 

Ranking points for the top 4 sides since Jan 2018:

Nothing in it between England & Wales. Wales the more consistent.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:42 am 

Rugby2023 wrote:

Quote:
Wales: Halfpenny; Cuthbert, J Davies, S Williams, L Williams; Biggar, Webb; Evans, Owens, Francis, Ball, AW Jones, Warburton, Tipuric, Moriarty.

Do Warburton & Webb bring enough positives to counter the awfulness of Cuthbert? - I'd say yes.

Would fel a lot more confident if we had Warburton and Faletau in the BR & Webb at SH - their replacements just aren't as excellent - otherwise its a pretty similar team.

England on the other hand have the Vunipolas & Tuilagi back - which I fear will be the difference - too many good ball carriers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:00 am 

P in VG wrote:
Rugby2023 wrote:

Quote:

Do Warburton & Webb bring enough positives to counter the awfulness of Cuthbert? - I'd say yes.

Would fel a lot more confident if we had Warburton and Faletau in the BR & Webb at SH - their replacements just aren't as excellent - otherwise its a pretty similar team.

England on the other hand have the Vunipolas & Tuilagi back - which I fear will be the difference - too many good ball carriers

That would be my calculation too, but then rugby isn't just about names on a team-sheet.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:02 am 

Boris wrote:
Last 10 Wales / England fixtures aggregate score: Wales 186-184 England.

Current world rankings: Wales 87.55-88.02 England

Current form (last 10 games) Wales 10/10; England 6/10 (but improving)

Wales at home.

Looks like another close game - Wales slight favourites for my money. By one score.

England have won the last 5 6Ns matches with Wales I was surprised to see. :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:21 am 

Any news on whether halfpenny will be ready to play?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 342 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next