Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: PR Comes Alive
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 48871
Location: Oundle
Short Man Syndrome wrote:
Looking like a Jimmy Nail mini-me does not make you better than SirGarEd.

DK is Welsh by birth. He was a superb no 9. His career got cut short by shin splints and he then broke an Achilles tendon (playing squash). So that was that. He now coaches.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PR Comes Alive
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7617
Location: hovering over the red button
naki wrote:
globus wrote:
6N gets going. The best tournament in the world. Cliff hanger. Historic rivalries.

Oh. How I love it. Had a very long conversation with my mate from the Valleys today.

Best scrummy ever. Bullets to the chest.

Watched all the matches so far, in between solving crosswords.

Sad that France did not "turn up" but no surprise there.

I logged on in the dark and there were 5 others on here.

Now we have a few more. Cheers NH. Let's see that the SH can do as well. Doubt it.


A few things, glob


1. There IS no rugby in the SH at the moment

2. Therefore people with even the most basic rugby knowledge wouldn’t expect any rugby discussion in the middle of your night

3. Any casual fan from the SH may perhaps stumble across this forum in their off season

4. They click on this thread

5. They read this boring shite

6. It confirms their prejudice that NH rugby fans are pompous and a bit dim

7. They never come back again

8. Thanks, moron


Interesting sign-off Naki, is that a title or a real name? :P


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PR Comes Alive
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 48871
Location: Oundle
I've never been bothered about posters knowing my real name and details.

I was not the one who put them up on here first but hey ho.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PR Comes Alive
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4116
Location: 'ertfordshire
danny_fitz wrote:
SaintK wrote:
danny_fitz wrote:
Congratulations on posting on a rugby thread the other day. :thumbup:

I congratulated him at the time. He ignored me! Or stayed behind the sofa.
By the way my team beat H and F 50-8 on Saturday! our first win since November :thumbup:

Yep, we have had a couple of tough weekends!

Struggling a bit this season, we will not go down but a number of sides that used to be our bread and butter wins have come on a lot in recent seasons.

Problem is, as a club there is no great appetite to get into London 1. We got promoted several seasons ago and had a torrid time, the step to London 1 is substantial in terms of player size, distance of away fixtures and in some cases up against teams with paid players.

I think you are only 4 points behind us with a game in hand. Looks like O Ignatians and Letchworth will fight it out for the drop. Only one team going down as L Nigerians dropped out
Too true about London 1. Just have to see what's happening to Luton, Diss and Ruislip. All 3 have shipped 100 points in a match recently


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PR Comes Alive
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:40 pm
Posts: 3641
Location: Suffolk ba
blindcider wrote:
naki wrote:
globus wrote:
6N gets going. The best tournament in the world. Cliff hanger. Historic rivalries.

Oh. How I love it. Had a very long conversation with my mate from the Valleys today.

Best scrummy ever. Bullets to the chest.

Watched all the matches so far, in between solving crosswords.

Sad that France did not "turn up" but no surprise there.

I logged on in the dark and there were 5 others on here.

Now we have a few more. Cheers NH. Let's see that the SH can do as well. Doubt it.


A few things, glob


1. There IS no rugby in the SH at the moment

2. Therefore people with even the most basic rugby knowledge wouldn’t expect any rugby discussion in the middle of your night

3. Any casual fan from the SH may perhaps stumble across this forum in their off season

4. They click on this thread

5. They read this boring shite

6. It confirms their prejudice that NH rugby fans are pompous and a bit dim

7. They never come back again

8. Thanks, moron


Interesting sign-off Naki, is that a title or a real name? :P


Profession? :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PR Comes Alive
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4116
Location: 'ertfordshire
globus wrote:
I shall keep an eye on them DF. I confess to knowing little about London Clubs.

London clubs? You appear to know very little about any clubs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PR Comes Alive
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 48871
Location: Oundle
SaintK wrote:
globus wrote:
I shall keep an eye on them DF. I confess to knowing little about London Clubs.

London clubs? You appear to know very little about any clubs.

Carry on SaintK. In your usual groove I see.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PR Comes Alive
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4116
Location: 'ertfordshire
globus wrote:
SaintK wrote:
globus wrote:
I shall keep an eye on them DF. I confess to knowing little about London Clubs.

London clubs? You appear to know very little about any clubs.

Carry on SaintK. In your usual groove I see.

I will, thanks. Off swimming now though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PR Comes Alive
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18043
globus wrote:
Thanks! I think he shaded me. I played 10 all my life.

I had to do a Google for a bit more info. He died in Amsterdam of all non Rugby playing nations.

I've gone well past his "use by date" so not sure who got the better deal. It appears he liked a bit of booze.

I didn't know that he was the one to frame the fantastic Phil Bennett sidestep in the Baa Baa's match.

You have someone to live up to on here. Good luck!


Netherlands are the 24th best team in the world rankings, imagine if we played the game where we'd be


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PR Comes Alive
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 48871
Location: Oundle
sewa wrote:
globus wrote:
Thanks! I think he shaded me. I played 10 all my life.

I had to do a Google for a bit more info. He died in Amsterdam of all non Rugby playing nations.

I've gone well past his "use by date" so not sure who got the better deal. It appears he liked a bit of booze.

I didn't know that he was the one to frame the fantastic Phil Bennett sidestep in the Baa Baa's match.

You have someone to live up to on here. Good luck!


Netherlands are the 24th best team in the world rankings, imagine if we played the game where we'd be

I didn't know or research that. They will possibly join the all new 24 Nations tournament!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PR Comes Alive
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18043
globus wrote:
sewa wrote:
globus wrote:
Thanks! I think he shaded me. I played 10 all my life.

I had to do a Google for a bit more info. He died in Amsterdam of all non Rugby playing nations.

I've gone well past his "use by date" so not sure who got the better deal. It appears he liked a bit of booze.

I didn't know that he was the one to frame the fantastic Phil Bennett sidestep in the Baa Baa's match.

You have someone to live up to on here. Good luck!


Netherlands are the 24th best team in the world rankings, imagine if we played the game where we'd be

I didn't know or research that. They will possibly join the all new 24 Nations tournament!


Top of the six nations trophy currently so next year they will probably play championship next year (old six nations B tournament)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PR Comes Alive
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:40 pm
Posts: 3641
Location: Suffolk ba
sewa wrote:
globus wrote:
sewa wrote:
globus wrote:
Thanks! I think he shaded me. I played 10 all my life.

I had to do a Google for a bit more info. He died in Amsterdam of all non Rugby playing nations.

I've gone well past his "use by date" so not sure who got the better deal. It appears he liked a bit of booze.

I didn't know that he was the one to frame the fantastic Phil Bennett sidestep in the Baa Baa's match.

You have someone to live up to on here. Good luck!


Netherlands are the 24th best team in the world rankings, imagine if we played the game where we'd be

I didn't know or research that. They will possibly join the all new 24 Nations tournament!


Top of the six nations trophy currently so next year they will probably play championship next year (old six nations B tournament)


Are they able/likely to claim Visser back?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PR Comes Alive
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3579
Enzedder wrote:
Quote:
The best tournament in the world. Cliff hanger.


44 - 8

We shall have words


Not if you keep screening Globus's calls.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PR Comes Alive
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16675
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left
Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
Quote:
The best tournament in the world. Cliff hanger.


44 - 8

We shall have words


Not if you keep screening Globus's calls.


:lol: :lol: Not guilty - only 3 people ring my landline phone; My Father-in-law, my eldest sister, Globby. Happy to chat with any of those occasionally.

Sorry, 4 - Pankhaj from the Microsoft Windows dept - silly fool, I already have double glazing.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Jay Cee Gee, mrbrownstone, Nieghorn, Sonny Blount and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group