Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:19 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:37 pm 

Masterji wrote:
I have been following this for the last 10 days and it seems that the world is not interested but this is about as close to Nuclear war as there has ever been in the last 60 years. Ind have Modi, a guy with no children and a hatred for Muslims, and he was losing the election. As soon as the attack happened at Pulwama and Ind soldiers died, the Ind media and Modi began to beat the drums of war. Then yesterday there was an attack on PK( no damage was done as the Ind planes flew back without hitting anything) but this led to a massive backlash in PK and the PK'S did the same but as they were chased out of Ind, the superior PK fighter planes shot down 2 Ind fighter planes, capturing a pilot. If Ind attack again PK will then react and the situation could quickly escalate.

Yes and worth mentioning Modi’s whole ‘get tough’ policy in Kashmir, a direct and deliberate break with previous governments. Not to mention of course his state level exploits. His default is violence.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:57 pm 

Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left
Salix wrote:
Why are India using Mig-21's rather than some of their more modern fighters?

Excuse to retaliate - a sacrifice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:58 pm 

Shirley India have to be the hot favourites for this one BUT Pakistan more likely to use the nuclear option?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:58 pm 

Salix wrote:

Probably massively upgraded MIG 21s

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:00 pm 

I know there is antipathy towards PK from many on here but on this occasion, Imran Khan has desperately tried to calm things but Modi is having none of it. The Ind media has become a cheerleader​ for Modi and War. I couldn't sleep last night and the next week is going to be scary. If Ind attacks, there is no way a PK govt could survive if they don't hit back, and then it becomes a matter of ego and nerve.

Last edited by Masterji on Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:02 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:
Salix wrote:

The Fr Rafale fighters will be delivered in the next few years, and the Corruption that surrounded the deal is one of the reasons Modi was under pressure in the run in for the elections.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:03 pm 

Masterji wrote:
I know there is apathy towards PK from many on hete but on this occasion, Imran Khan has desperately tried to calm things but Modi is having none of it. The Ind media has become a cheerleader​ for Modi and War. I couldn't sleep last night and the next week is going to be scary. If Ind attacks, there is no way a PK govt could survive if they don't hit back, and then it becomes a matter of ego and nerve.

Apathy or antipathy?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:07 pm 

Ok we have our pro Pakistan poster Masterji in the left corner. Who will get into the Indian corner. Can I nominate Thomas?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:07 pm 

Will Pakistan turn Mumbai back into Bombay

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:08 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:
Masterji wrote:
I know there is apathy towards PK from many on hete but on this occasion, Imran Khan has desperately tried to calm things but Modi is having none of it. The Ind media has become a cheerleader​ for Modi and War. I couldn't sleep last night and the next week is going to be scary. If Ind attacks, there is no way a PK govt could survive if they don't hit back, and then it becomes a matter of ego and nerve.

Apathy or antipathy?

Corrected.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:11 pm 

Carwyn wrote:

I just hope sanity prevails, as PK has attained sanity over the last few years and Ind, particularly under Modi has gone the other way.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:12 pm 

Masterji wrote:
I know there is antipathy towards PK from many on here but on this occasion, Imran Khan has desperately tried to calm things but Modi is having none of it. The Ind media has become a cheerleader​ for Modi and War. I couldn't sleep last night and the next week is going to be scary. If Ind attacks, there is no way a PK govt could survive if they don't hit back, and then it becomes a matter of ego and nerve.

Modi has always been well known to be a staunch Indian nationalist iirc yeah?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:13 pm 

Carwyn wrote:

And will India turn Islamabad into Islamaworse?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:27 pm 

Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left
Here we go - the war in a nutshell :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://youtu.be/ukznXQ3MgN0 (probably not best to turn it up at work)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:33 pm 

Rugby2023 wrote:
CanNZ2000 wrote:
Air Canada flights from Toronto were turned around today. One flight was over Sweden when it was sent back to Toronto! Other flights cancelled. Things might really kick off. :shock:

Wtf, where was it headed?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:33 pm 

Ok if nobody else is bothered fanning the flames of hatred I'll have a go. So Masterji what we have so far is a load of dead Indian soldiers, zero damage in Pakistan and a bloodied swollen Indian pilot being paraded on telly and you are telling me India are the aggressors. Nnnnnnnn...nah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:34 pm 

My workplace could get very interesting. My boss is a Pakistani woman and two of my colleagues are Indian men. Best not to bring this up I guess.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:40 pm 

EverReady wrote:
Ok if nobody else is bothered fanning the flames of hatred I'll have a go. So Masterji what we have so far is a load of dead Indian soldiers, zero damage in Pakistan and a bloodied swollen Indian pilot being paraded on telly and you are telling me India are the aggressors. Nnnnnnnn...nah

Reckon both sides are just spoiling for a fight.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:42 pm 

Enzedder wrote:
Here we go - the war in a nutshell :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://youtu.be/ukznXQ3MgN0 (probably not best to turn it up at work)

Your best post. Ever :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:46 pm 

Isn't the obvious answer to play a best of 5 game T20 series. Winner gets Kashmir.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:47 pm 

flaggETERNAL wrote:
EverReady wrote:

Exactly. Khan has about as much control of the military as I do of my 4 kids when walking to the shops.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:49 pm 

EverReady wrote:

The issue is Kashmir- the Kashmiris have been denied a right to decide by both. In 1989, the Kasmiris started an uprising and there is no doubt PK backed them. The Ind went into the Valley and tried to fight fire with fire and ended up pissing off even the locals that didn't really like PK. As the rapes if Kashmiri​ women and deaths increased, the movement took a life of its own. The more the Inds tried suppressing, the more resistance they faced.
Just around 11 days ago, a local youth attacked an Ind army convoy in a suicide attack, killing 40 soldiers. The youth had been shot at demonstration a couple of years back and his family said he wanted revenge. Ind blamed PK, and the war drums started to beat.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:51 pm 

EverReady wrote:
flaggETERNAL wrote:
EverReady wrote:

Exactly. Khan has about as much control of the military as I do of my 4 kids when walking to the shops.

You may think that he isn't but even at the domestic level, his critics are acknowledging that he is.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:54 pm 

Masterji wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
Salix wrote:

The Fr Rafale fighters will be delivered in the next few years, and the Corruption that surrounded the deal is one of the reasons Modi was under pressure in the run in for the elections.

They have Mirages already though, so the MiGs have no place being there. And Modi seems a lot more keen on HAL’s creations than anything imported.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:56 pm 

flaggETERNAL wrote:
EverReady wrote:

From what I have seen of PK media, or what the public is saying, there is very little appetite for a fight in PK. This is reflected by Khan twice in the last week in his speeches to the country. But if you know the area well you know that the concept of Izzat and basti( honour and humiliation) are big things and if the PK's are pushed into a corner, they will not think twice.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:56 pm 

Masterji wrote:
EverReady wrote:
flaggETERNAL wrote:
EverReady wrote:

You may think that he isn't but even at the domestic level, his critics are acknowledging that he is.

Control of the Pakistan military. Get up the garden :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:04 am 

croyals wrote:
Masterji wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
Salix wrote:

They have Mirages already though, so the MiGs have no place being there. And Modi seems a lot more keen on HAL’s creations than anything imported.

They have 250 Su 30s which are a serious piece of kit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:05 am 

EverReady wrote:
Masterji wrote:
EverReady wrote:
flaggETERNAL wrote:
EverReady wrote:

Control of the Pakistan military. Get up the garden :lol:

The PK army didn't trust either Nawaz Sharif or Asif Zardari( both leaders over the last 10 years) because both were Corrupt, and they were seen as as compromised and national security riskd. Khan doesn't have that baggage, and hence he is in charge.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:08 am 

Mick Mannock wrote:
Salix wrote:

Yea, the new 21 century versions with the WW2 gunsight moved to the side rather than in front of your face.

They also had a Flanker C shot down (Su30) this is not a 50 year old aircraft...

That and the captured (senior) pilot wearing all his ID badges...

The bigger question is what the Pakistanis shot them down with, they're claiming it was a JF17 (Paki/China fighter) No problem with that taking the Mig 21, it would however be quite an achievement for one to knock out a SU30 with a competent pilot.

Rumour doing the rounds is that they used F-16's

America will be most displeased.

This little spat could develop into something really serious.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:08 am 

camroc1 wrote:
croyals wrote:
Masterji wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
Salix wrote:

They have 250 Su 30s which are a serious piece of kit.

Ind have superiority in hardware but the PK has battled hardened army after a 10 year battle with its own Taliban. The PK army is also widely acknowledged to be amongst the best in the world, so they should be able to defend their own borders.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:12 am 

gokwe wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
Salix wrote:

Yea, the new 21 century versions with the WW2 gunsight moved to the side rather than in front of your face.

They also had a Flanker C shot down (Su30) this is not a 50 year old aircraft...

That and the captured (senior) pilot wearing all his ID badges...

The bigger question is what the Pakistanis shot them down with, they're claiming it was a JF17 (Paki/China fighter) No problem with that taking the Mig 21, it would however be quite an achievement for one to knock out a SU30 with a competent pilot.

Rumour doing the rounds is that they used F-16's

America will be most displeased.

This little spat could develop into something really serious.

Indian pilots are notoriously poor, even in the 65 war between the two, the PK air force got the better of them.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:27 am 

As good an excuse to post this - https://youtu.be/r3BO6GP9NMY - as I’ll get this week.

It’s the Day Today’s ‘War’ bit, btw.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:26 am 

A5D5E5 wrote:
Isn't the obvious answer to play a best of 5 game T20 series. Winner gets Kashmir.

I like it The England could play Argentina for the Falklands. The winner gets to go home.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:31 am 

Uthikoloshe wrote:
A5D5E5 wrote:

I like it The England could play Argentina for the Falklands. The winner gets to go home.

Well that's Argie screwed again! I dont think they play T20 cricket boet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:07 am 

EverReady wrote:
Ok we have our pro Pakistan poster Masterji in the left corner. Who will get into the Indian corner. Can I nominate Thomas?

Wait, what? You want Thomas to be against the Pakistanis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:10 am 

Masterji wrote:
The PK army is also widely acknowledged to be amongst the best in the world

Source?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:18 am 

Taranaki Snapper wrote:
Masterji wrote:

Source?

PR.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:42 am 

Taranaki Snapper wrote:
Masterji wrote:

Source?

https://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing.asp
They're ranked at 17 on this list.
Take any list with a pinch of salt, but they're fairly comprehensive on how they go about compiling it, and show how they compare to other countries.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:48 am 

I believe India has Russian s-400 missiles. Not sure if they have them already or still purchasing them but if they do, my very basic knowledge of all things war-mongery is that Pakistan's airforce may as well stay home.

The above scenario therefore either pushes Pakistan to:

a) maintain a defensive posture; or
b) launch the nukes 8)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:24 am 

New Zealand at 90 ... fcuk yeah...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next