Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 60  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 23341
Plays tag with luckycharmer


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:15 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17038
Location: balbriggan
Nolanator wrote:
How former? Magic Mick?

he is too young for that :P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 23341
No man buns allowed


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34330
Location: Pigdogistan
Disco? D'Arse?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7448
Mustapha wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
Marcus Hannan has joined Belvo. Young lad from Clane who played with NK.

I know, only u19 too. Belvo gone nuclear with spending cash this season.


A big Kildare club must have lots of cash too.

Not like that we don't far from it.... sure we are just milking the uni dry to keep our poor heads above water.

In all seriousness, the club has been really well run financially for years. Long time director of rugby, and last years President, was the FC at Rye Valley Foods for years and current treasurer is very very capable.


I wasn't talking about ye!


Ahem. We don't either!

Well run, not in debt, but we don't exactly have the bucks to be competing with the big lads - or the ability to offer CAO points to entice lads (like some of the smaller boys ;))[/quote]

We have a load of debt. I think clubs should always have debt as long as it relates to infrastructure and not overheads


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7448
Nolanator wrote:
Disco? D'Arse?


The ginger winger?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34330
Location: Pigdogistan
Ah, I did think of Fanj, but forgot that LC is related.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7448
Banana Man wrote:
60 of the finest points for the lads!

Lansdowne after signing Mark Flanagan (ex Leinster/Munster)


I'd heard he was going back to Mullingar although that didn't make any sense.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:38 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19475
Liathroidigloine wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
60 of the finest points for the lads!

Lansdowne after signing Mark Flanagan (ex Leinster/Munster)


I'd heard he was going back to Mullingar although that didn't make any sense.

Craig Ronaldson and Flanagan, two recent pros. Big gets, but I think Ronaldson might be lining something up in the USA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7448
Banana Man wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
60 of the finest points for the lads!

Lansdowne after signing Mark Flanagan (ex Leinster/Munster)


I'd heard he was going back to Mullingar although that didn't make any sense.

Craig Ronaldson and Flanagan, two recent pros. Big gets, but I think Ronaldson might be lining something up in the USA


Yeah and remember the article where Lansdowne told us that they don't pay players :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:12 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19475
Hows that young lad doing Mullet?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 23341
Sure I'll do an update


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm
Posts: 12965
some rumoured moves:

Gearoid Lyons to Lansdowne
Mick McGrath to Malahide
Alan Francis to Trinity
Dan Sheehan to Lansdowne


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:32 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19475
irishrugbyua wrote:
some rumoured moves:

Gearoid Lyons to Lansdowne
Mick McGrath to Malahide
Alan Francis to Trinity
Dan Sheehan to Lansdowne

I heard Gearoid Lyons was back in Limerick alright, going to Lansodowne with Hastie/Rondaldson already there doesn't make any sense.

Ditto Dan Sheehan to Lansdowne given they have good hooking options


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm
Posts: 12965
Banana Man wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
some rumoured moves:

Gearoid Lyons to Lansdowne
Mick McGrath to Malahide
Alan Francis to Trinity
Dan Sheehan to Lansdowne

I heard Gearoid Lyons was back in Limerick alright, going to Lansodowne with Hastie/Rondaldson already there doesn't make any sense.

Ditto Dan Sheehan to Lansdowne given they have good hooking options



some strange moves alright if true, thought sheehan would be better off staying where he is but who knows.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:19 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19475
Sort of back to the actual rugby and none of this world cup nonsense

Assume all teams are back. Out of interest, how many different clubs do we have represented?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 23341
So as widly guessed....Magic Mick is playing for the Parish.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:39 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19475
Mullet 2 wrote:
So as widly guessed....Magic Mick is playing for the Parish.

Is that when he isn't with 7s or for the whole season

Incredible piece of business mind, he will do rack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 23341
Banana Man wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
So as widly guessed....Magic Mick is playing for the Parish.

Is that when he isn't with 7s or for the whole season

Incredible piece of business mind, he will do rack



I told him 7s is bent and he's giving it up


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:53 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17038
Location: balbriggan
Mullet 2 wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
So as widly guessed....Magic Mick is playing for the Parish.

Is that when he isn't with 7s or for the whole season

Incredible piece of business mind, he will do rack



I told him 7s is bent and he's giving it up

moving to prop next year ? ;)

He is going to murder people at that level to be fair


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:03 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19475
Belvo signing every player in the world at the moment apparently.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 23341
Banana Man wrote:
Belvo signing every player in the world at the moment apparently.



They are splashing a lot of cash.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7266
Mullet 2 wrote:
So as widly guessed....Magic Mick is playing for the Parish.


Was he dropped from 7s squad? Would be mad to give up chance to play in Vegas, capetown etc to play in Ballina!
Then again they aren't paid great so might be time to get a real job :((


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7448
Mullet 2 wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
Belvo signing every player in the world at the moment apparently.



They are splashing a lot of cash.


So much for LR regulation. Imagine if that was a small club doing that?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:52 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19475
Mike Ross heading to Belvo as scrum coach and to play some junior apparently

SPEND ALL THE MONEY !!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 23341
How dare they


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:56 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19475
Mullet 2 wrote:
How dare they

Out affluencing the affluence....... it’s simply unheard of.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:57 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17038
Location: balbriggan
Outspending Lansdowne ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:05 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19475
Laurent wrote:
Outspending Lansdowne ?

Malahide - Lansdowne are on a recruitment drive to bate the band too


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:18 pm
Posts: 8841
Couple of player movements between Ulster clubs, think they've been covered
Will be interesting to see if Hinch can stay up, don't fancy them competing much with the money of the other clubs. Rumour has it some aren't happy how the Ulster branch are dictating their spending for them


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:34 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19475
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Couple of player movements between Ulster clubs, think they've been covered
Will be interesting to see if Hinch can stay up, don't fancy them competing much with the money of the other clubs. Rumour has it some aren't happy how the Ulster branch are dictating their spending for them

Paul Pritchard left Rainey, word was he was going back to Ballinahich but think he is off in England now playing/modeling (actually seriously)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:18 pm
Posts: 8841
Banana Man wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Couple of player movements between Ulster clubs, think they've been covered
Will be interesting to see if Hinch can stay up, don't fancy them competing much with the money of the other clubs. Rumour has it some aren't happy how the Ulster branch are dictating their spending for them

Paul Pritchard left Rainey, word was he was going back to Ballinahich but think he is off in England now playing/modeling (actually seriously)

Don't think they've signed many players to be honest but not sure, think Irua said they'd get Bruce Houston from Ballymena which makes sense given they're in 1A now. Think they're pumping a load of resources to improve facilities and the promotion money is being spent on improving the pitch

Heard a few interesting bits and pieces on why Cairns (Hinch captain) was "dropped" by Ulster, from a reasonably credible source


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:51 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19475
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Couple of player movements between Ulster clubs, think they've been covered
Will be interesting to see if Hinch can stay up, don't fancy them competing much with the money of the other clubs. Rumour has it some aren't happy how the Ulster branch are dictating their spending for them

Paul Pritchard left Rainey, word was he was going back to Ballinahich but think he is off in England now playing/modeling (actually seriously)

Don't think they've signed many players to be honest but not sure, think Irua said they'd get Bruce Houston from Ballymena which makes sense given they're in 1A now. Think they're pumping a load of resources to improve facilities and the promotion money is being spent on improving the pitch

Heard a few interesting bits and pieces on why Cairns (Hinch captain) was "dropped" by Ulster, from a reasonably credible source

We have Ballymena and Queens to play against this year, not devastated to see Ballymena lose lads, we have them first up


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 23341
Banana Man wrote:
Laurent wrote:
Outspending Lansdowne ?

Malahide - Lansdowne are on a recruitment drive to bate the band too



How very dare you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:18 pm
Posts: 8841
Banana Man wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Couple of player movements between Ulster clubs, think they've been covered
Will be interesting to see if Hinch can stay up, don't fancy them competing much with the money of the other clubs. Rumour has it some aren't happy how the Ulster branch are dictating their spending for them

Paul Pritchard left Rainey, word was he was going back to Ballinahich but think he is off in England now playing/modeling (actually seriously)

Don't think they've signed many players to be honest but not sure, think Irua said they'd get Bruce Houston from Ballymena which makes sense given they're in 1A now. Think they're pumping a load of resources to improve facilities and the promotion money is being spent on improving the pitch

Heard a few interesting bits and pieces on why Cairns (Hinch captain) was "dropped" by Ulster, from a reasonably credible source

We have Ballymena and Queens to play against this year, not devastated to see Ballymena lose lads, we have them first up

Could be even more depleted if the Rea brothers are needed for Ulster. McBurney signed for Malone during lasts season so he won't be there even if he wasn't needed for Ulster. Balacoune is assigned to them now but probably going to be with Ulster. Their captain, the lock, is a huge man. Sound lad too if you're chatting to him
Queen's should be an easy enough win if last year is anything to go by


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:28 am
Posts: 17696
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Couple of player movements between Ulster clubs, think they've been covered
Will be interesting to see if Hinch can stay up, don't fancy them competing much with the money of the other clubs. Rumour has it some aren't happy how the Ulster branch are dictating their spending for them

Paul Pritchard left Rainey, word was he was going back to Ballinahich but think he is off in England now playing/modeling (actually seriously)

Don't think they've signed many players to be honest but not sure, think Irua said they'd get Bruce Houston from Ballymena which makes sense given they're in 1A now. Think they're pumping a load of resources to improve facilities and the promotion money is being spent on improving the pitch

Heard a few interesting bits and pieces on why Cairns (Hinch captain) was "dropped" by Ulster, from a reasonably credible source

Beyond Cairns not looking like either a pro winger or scrumhalf? Houston is no trade up for them on McPhillips.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:18 pm
Posts: 8841
unseenwork wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Couple of player movements between Ulster clubs, think they've been covered
Will be interesting to see if Hinch can stay up, don't fancy them competing much with the money of the other clubs. Rumour has it some aren't happy how the Ulster branch are dictating their spending for them

Paul Pritchard left Rainey, word was he was going back to Ballinahich but think he is off in England now playing/modeling (actually seriously)

Don't think they've signed many players to be honest but not sure, think Irua said they'd get Bruce Houston from Ballymena which makes sense given they're in 1A now. Think they're pumping a load of resources to improve facilities and the promotion money is being spent on improving the pitch

Heard a few interesting bits and pieces on why Cairns (Hinch captain) was "dropped" by Ulster, from a reasonably credible source

Beyond Cairns not looking like either a pro winger or scrumhalf? Houston is no trade up for them on McPhillips.

Yep, doesn't really come off very well tbh even if he was mostly shafted by Kiss


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19123
Mullet 2 wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
Laurent wrote:
Outspending Lansdowne ?

Malahide - Lansdowne are on a recruitment drive to bate the band too



How very dare you

Start bolding those teamsheets mullet!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm
Posts: 12965
John McKee to UCD makes very little sense to me, rate Bobby Sheehan ahead of him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm
Posts: 12965
Lost of high profile school leavers:

Prop
Ryan McMahon(Clongowes/Old Belvedere)
Fionn Finlay(St. Michaels)
Marcus Hanan(Clane RFC/Old Belvedere)
Sam Illo(Wesley/Old Wesley)

Hooker
Mark Nicholson(Wicklow RFC)
Levi Vaughan(Terenure/Terenure)

Lock
Alex Soroka(Belvedere/Clontarf)
Joe McCarthy(Blackrock)
Jonathan Fish(St. Michaels)

Backrow
Sean O'Brien(Blackrock)
Ed Brennan(Blackrock)
Mark Hernan(St. Michaels)
Aaron Coleman(Belvedere)
Mark Boyle(Gorey/Lansdowne)
Jack Barry(Gonzaga)

Scrumhalf
Jack Connolly(Gonzaga)
Ross Barron(Blackrock/Lansdowne)
Ben Murphy(Pres Bray)
Rob Gilsenan(St. Michaels/UCD)

Outhalf
David Fitzgibbon(Blackrock)
Justin Leonard(Belvedere/Old Belvedere)
Tim Corkery(Kilkenny RFC/)

Centre
Gavin Jones(Blackrock)
Mick O'Gara(Pres Bray/St. Marys)
James Reynolds(CBC Monkstown/Lansdowne)
Karl Martin(Boyne RFC/Old Belvedere)

Back Three
Andrew Smith(St. Michaels/Clontarf)
Niall Comerford(Blackrock)
Matt Grogan(Belvedere/Old Belvedere)
Josh O'Connor(Wexford RFC/UCD)
Matthew McGetrick(Terenure/Terenure)

Probably forgetting a few players.


Last edited by irishrugbyua on Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 60  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Banana Man, BokJock, Boomslang, Brazil, chart_monkey, danny_fitz, danthefan, Dougie, duke, earl the beaver, Google Adsense [Bot], hermie, inactionman, Jensrsa, Joost, Kanbei, Laurent, lorcanoworms, message #2527204, mr flaps, ovalball, penguin, Petros, piquant, Plastic Sarrie, PornDog, Punter15, Risteard, Sards, sewa, sockwithaticket, spookly, St_Badger, Sydvicious, ThisGuy, Trostan, ukjim, ZappaMan and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group