Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:12 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5457
Location: Growing Rugby Online. FACT.
What an amazing first season of Attack on Titan i have watched. 25 episodes in all.

Highly recommend it.

Any others seen it? Such a gripping and sometimes sad series.

Its just so raw, and for some reason, depicts how depressing, and hopeless wars are. You also really fear for humanitys extinction in this series.

I will have to admit however, the final episode of the season wasnt too flash.

Hoping for season 2 to be out soon.

Any of the manga readers here? I havent read any of the manga, cause i dont wanna spoil season 2.


Last edited by kovana on Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 am
Posts: 40613
Location: Joint No. 3 to Cyprus
Drags like hell, draws on Neon Genesis Evangelion a lot but is noticeably inferior. The first few episodes were fantastic but after that it rather lost me, the manga is much better.

The original opening theme is fucking badass though


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5457
Location: Growing Rugby Online. FACT.
Understand what you mean chuckles.

The first few episodes were quite awesome. I loved how they fleshed out the whole world, and of course the walls of Sina etc.

However, the final few episodes were good too IMO.. Especially the whole thing which happened in the forest.. It was just the final episode which was bit of a let down to me. Was expecting more.

But im hoping on more explanations on the titans in Season 2.

And here that opening theme was badass.

You seen bleach per chance?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 am
Posts: 40613
Location: Joint No. 3 to Cyprus
I've seen Bleach, it's okay but all shonen shows kind of bleed into one after a while. I'm mostly a fan of seinen stuff, NGE obviously was shojo but felt pretty seinen, Ergo Proxy, Elfen Lied, Hellsing, Afro Samurai, stuff like that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5457
Location: Growing Rugby Online. FACT.
Chuckles1188 wrote:
I've seen Bleach, it's okay but all shonen shows kind of bleed into one after a while. I'm mostly a fan of seinen stuff, NGE obviously was shojo but felt pretty seinen, Ergo Proxy, Elfen Lied, Hellsing, Afro Samurai, stuff like that.


Jeezus...You are more a fcuken nerd than me FFS.

I have only ever read shonen stuffs.

Apart from Afro, i havent read the other stuff.

BTW, post on the Rugby Sim as well FFS.

Well, the only manga i read with any regularity is Bleach.. maybe pop on to Naruto from time to time... but im so over naruto atm..

Am very tempted to start reading the AOT manga just to get my titan fix.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:55 am
Posts: 488
Shingeki no Kyojin is great, Season 2 is in production! Have you guys watched welcome to the NHK? Its really good if you give it a chance. (Funny as fudge)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5457
Location: Growing Rugby Online. FACT.
WelshExile wrote:
Shingeki no Kyojin is great, Season 2 is in production! Have you guys watched welcome to the NHK? Its really good if you give it a chance. (Funny as f**k)


Havent seen.. Might give it a go.

Hmmm.. Im tempted to now change this to the Official Anime/Manga thread?

What says you?

I dont think we have had a Anime/Manga thread before.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5457
Location: Growing Rugby Online. FACT.
And when exactly is Season 2 of AOT out?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:55 am
Posts: 488
kovana wrote:
And when exactly is Season 2 of AOT out?



http://www.lmgtfy.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:55 am
Posts: 488
kovana wrote:
WelshExile wrote:
Shingeki no Kyojin is great, Season 2 is in production! Have you guys watched welcome to the NHK? Its really good if you give it a chance. (Funny as f**k)


Havent seen.. Might give it a go.

Hmmm.. Im tempted to now change this to the Official Anime/Manga thread?

What says you?

I dont think we have had a Anime/Manga thread before.


I would say yes, but I fear getting virtually stuffed into a locker

Edit;

As a side note, I have methodically watched Naruto since it game out, every single week.... every single episode.... and I have no regrets


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5457
Location: Growing Rugby Online. FACT.
WelshExile wrote:
kovana wrote:
And when exactly is Season 2 of AOT out?



http://www.lmgtfy.com/


Quote:
Enable javascript to use LMGTFY


WelshExile wrote:
kovana wrote:
WelshExile wrote:
Shingeki no Kyojin is great, Season 2 is in production! Have you guys watched welcome to the NHK? Its really good if you give it a chance. (Funny as f**k)


Havent seen.. Might give it a go.

Hmmm.. Im tempted to now change this to the Official Anime/Manga thread?

What says you?

I dont think we have had a Anime/Manga thread before.


I would say yes, but I fear getting virtually stuffed into a locker


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5457
Location: Growing Rugby Online. FACT.
Quote:
As a side note, I have methodically watched Naruto since it game out, every single week.... every single episode.... and I have no regrets


Kudos to you.. I watched nearly all of the Naruto episodes up until the first Itachi and shark guy showed up.. then took it back up again when shippuden started... but again, kinda stopped watching when they started using really fcuken crappy animation at times.

Last good episode i watched was Naruto up against Pain.

Still get some manga just to see how awesome Obito is.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16139
Location: Adelaide via Sydney and Patea
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:14 am
Posts: 19425
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16230
Diego wrote:
Image

:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5457
Location: Growing Rugby Online. FACT.
So, also heard they had like 5 OVAs of Attack on Titan.

Anyone seen them? And are they any good?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5457
Location: Growing Rugby Online. FACT.
And while im at it.

I was a fan of the Avatar series as well...

However, this new show Legend of Korra... is a bit meh... Season 1 during the last episodes got real stale... then season started looking good, but again the final episodes started getting real, i dunno, shite..

Havent even watched any of season 3... Worth it?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5037
Location: NZ, but England fan.
Taranaki Snapper wrote:
Image

This is great. But what must his parents think?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4780
What were the viewing figures ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5457
Location: Growing Rugby Online. FACT.
FFS you guys. Fcuk off.

Anyways, for chuckles etc, any latest anime to watch/recommend?

Or have these bullies got to you?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 am
Posts: 40613
Location: Joint No. 3 to Cyprus
Haven't watched anything new in a while, currently waiting for the last Rebuild of Evangelion to come out so I can watch them all


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5457
Location: Growing Rugby Online. FACT.
Chuckles1188 wrote:
Haven't watched anything new in a while, currently waiting for the last Rebuild of Evangelion to come out so I can watch them all


Oh gawd... i call myself an anime nerd..... and yet i have never watched any of the evangelion movies...

:blush:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 am
Posts: 40613
Location: Joint No. 3 to Cyprus
Neon Genesis Evangelion is a strong candidate for my favourite anime series ever.

It's pretty weird though. If stuff like Naruto is more your thing I'd recommend Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann first/instead. Same studio, much less crazy (though still balls to the wall insane)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:55 am
Posts: 488
You should watch Berserk. Its old and pretty dated (1995) but the story is really good, it's one of the few anime's I could get my mrs to watch with me


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19021
kovana wrote:
Chuckles1188 wrote:
Haven't watched anything new in a while, currently waiting for the last Rebuild of Evangelion to come out so I can watch them all


Oh gawd... i call myself an anime nerd..... and yet i have never watched any of the evangelion movies...

:blush:

You're a mere nerdling...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:51 pm
Posts: 346
Location: Highlanders Land
ive always been partial to anime, never had the dedication to watch a show all the way through until AoT. i think i cranked the first season out in less than 2 weeks and intend to view the rest of them in a similar fashion

been a while now but i thought it was great and yeah appreciated how they built up the whole backstory of the world through its wee snippets of lore. the whole feeling of hopelessness the show portrays is pretty powerful. everybody just seems so cowardly and feeble (bar the obvious ones)

ive always been meaning to watch cowboy bebop pretty much on the basis of its incredible intro sequence/soundtrack.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 am
Posts: 40613
Location: Joint No. 3 to Cyprus
WelshExile wrote:
You should watch Berserk. Its old and pretty dated (1995) but the story is really good, it's one of the few anime's I could get my mrs to watch with me


Berserk is excellent. The manga is even better than the show


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 am
Posts: 40613
Location: Joint No. 3 to Cyprus
kenzo wrote:
ive always been meaning to watch cowboy bebop pretty much on the basis of its incredible intro sequence/soundtrack.


It's outstanding, get on that shit.

When you're done, check out Samurai Champloo, which does for hip hop and the Meiji era of Japanese history what Bebop does for jazz and sci fi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5457
Location: Growing Rugby Online. FACT.
Chuckles1188 wrote:
Neon Genesis Evangelion is a strong candidate for my favourite anime series ever.

It's pretty weird though. If stuff like Naruto is more your thing I'd recommend Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann first/instead. Same studio, much less crazy (though still balls to the wall insane)


I mean, i have seen maybe one movie...I remember i do like the designs of the robots in Evangelion.. But yea... i really didnt get all into it for some reason.. Maybe i will go back and start from the first ones.

as for that tengen one... they keep showing a girl in really short shorts. lol. TBH, not really a fan of giant Machina anime...

WelshExile wrote:
You should watch Berserk. Its old and pretty dated (1995) but the story is really good, it's one of the few anime's I could get my mrs to watch with me


Woah... actually looks quite good... i have a thing for giant swords...

Cheers.

kenzo wrote:
ive always been partial to anime, never had the dedication to watch a show all the way through until AoT. i think i cranked the first season out in less than 2 weeks and intend to view the rest of them in a similar fashion

been a while now but i thought it was great and yeah appreciated how they built up the whole backstory of the world through its wee snippets of lore. the whole feeling of hopelessness the show portrays is pretty powerful. everybody just seems so cowardly and feeble (bar the obvious ones)

ive always been meaning to watch cowboy bebop pretty much on the basis of its incredible intro sequence/soundtrack.


Yep, waiting on Season 2 as well.... I mean, the whole human race is so fcuken useless in that show until Levi shows up.

Need to look at the Cowboy bepop as well... like evangelion... its one of those famous animes i have still yet to watch.

Chuckles1188 wrote:
kenzo wrote:
ive always been meaning to watch cowboy bebop pretty much on the basis of its incredible intro sequence/soundtrack.


It's outstanding, get on that shit.

When you're done, check out Samurai Champloo, which does for hip hop and the Meiji era of Japanese history what Bebop does for jazz and sci fi


Samurai Champloo.. Oh yea... Now that was one great anime.. Fcuk the music was awesome and the whole thing with the 2 rival protagonists was great..

The fight scenes were intense. Lovely series.. that last episode was also great at the end... Dont wanna spoil it for the noobie..

Man, i wish it was still an ongoing series... Oh well.. Great shows have to end...

Unlike DBZ which never knew when to quit.

Also, some other recommendations.

Full Metal Alchemist
Samurai 7.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 am
Posts: 40613
Location: Joint No. 3 to Cyprus
Elfen Lied and Code Geass are great also.

Oh, and Rurouni Kenshin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5457
Location: Growing Rugby Online. FACT.
Chuckles1188 wrote:
Elfen Lied and Code Geass are great also.

Oh, and Rurouni Kenshin


Havent seen the first 2, but samurai x was good.

Btw, what did you think of FMA Brotherhood? Great music it has to be said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 am
Posts: 40613
Location: Joint No. 3 to Cyprus
FMA Brotherhood is class, though possibly a little on the long side. Ridiculously good when firing on all cylinders though. The Mustang Envy fight is jaw-dropping


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2044
Location: Wellington
Claymore and Rurouni Kenshin. Biggest disappointments anime wise. :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10598
Location: Leafy Surrey, UK
Special K, are you a Brony?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5457
Location: Growing Rugby Online. FACT.
Chuckles1188 wrote:
FMA Brotherhood is class, though possibly a little on the long side. Ridiculously good when firing on all cylinders though. The Mustang Envy fight is jaw-dropping


So much this.

I think the most touching scene was like in episode 2 however.

When Winfreys parents died and the news reached winfrey and she started getting angry with Edwand and Alphonse,, afterwards Edward and Alphonso were walking on the road to their house talking about Winfrey, and Alphonso says "Can you imagine what winfrey is going thru?", and at exactly the same time, they see their mother in the distance hanging up the washing...

It was just so eye opening when they didnt say anything and they both raced towards her with tears in their eyes. Fcuking deep.

I mean, it basically set up the whole reason of why they did what they did. Who wouldnt want to break the laws of logic to bring back someone they loved just to see them smile.


Fcuk, im getting tears in my eyes.. Stop it.. please.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5457
Location: Growing Rugby Online. FACT.
Sprig wrote:
Claymore and Rurouni Kenshin. Biggest disappointments anime wise. :(


Havent seen Claymore..

But fcuk off about Samurai x you bastard... Take that back.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5457
Location: Growing Rugby Online. FACT.
Insane_Homer wrote:
Special K, are you a Brony?


What did you say retard?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm
Posts: 34943
Location: For Wales the Welsh and Leinster
I am watching Poke money atm
Kovana must be a Brony btw.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5457
Location: Growing Rugby Online. FACT.
El bumpo.

Any of you read the manga last week?

I read Bleach last week.. Dont know if any others here keep up with it.

Anyways... I wonder if Bleach is still part of the weekly 'Big 3'.

Onepiece, NAruto and Bleach i remember were always the top 3 picks back then.. Not so sure now, i wonder if Fairy tale has taken its place.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10598
Location: Leafy Surrey, UK
kovana wrote:
Insane_Homer wrote:
Special K, are you a Brony?


What did you say retard?


Time for another pill?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], ElementFreak, Google Adsense [Bot], Laurent, Macrosan, marcus1, Olo, Pat the Ex Mat, Slim 293, UncleFB, Wilderbeast and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group