Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4810 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 121  Next
 Post subject: Izzy, what the HELL!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:08 pm 

Izzy is at it again,

I guess he won't be going to Japan?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:11 pm 

RWC to be moved to hell?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:23 pm 

:thumbdown:

Quote:
Rugby Australia has described an Israel Folau social media post, in which the full-back says "hell awaits" gay people, as "unacceptable".

Folau, 30, escaped punishment for similar comments last year, with the governing body saying it accepted - but did not support - his "position".

On Wednesday, he posted on Instagram that "drunks, homosexuals, adulterers, liars, fornicators, thieves, atheists and idolaters" should "repent" because "only Jesus saves", and made similar remarks on Twitter.

He sent a tweet criticising the Tasmanian parliament, which has become the first Australian state to make it legally optional to list gender on birth certificates.

In a statement, Rugby Australia said the post "does not represent the values of the sport and is disrespectful to members of the rugby community", adding that its integrity unit had been "engaged on the matter".

Folau's posts were made exactly one year after he met rugby chiefs to limit his use of social media.

He was widely criticised for his anti-gay posts in April 2018 and was also involved in a disagreement with the national team in 2017 after saying that he was opposed to same-sex marriage.

Folau signed a four-year deal with Super Rugby side Waratahs in March.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:26 pm 

Optional to list gender on a birth cert?

FFS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:27 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:

FFS

Should just list sex, male or female.

Gender is just a societal construct playa. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:28 pm 

God help anyone who disagrees with The Narrative.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:33 pm 

binge90 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

FFS

Ah sure some would go so far as to argue that binary and fixed sex is also a societal construct! I've been reading my Judy Butler.

Anyways, fúck Folau, tosser.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:36 pm 

unseenwork wrote:
binge90 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

FFS

Ah sure some would go so far as to argue that binary and fixed sex is also a societal construct! I've been reading my Judy Butler.

Go on argue that fixed sex is a cocietal construct ....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:37 pm 

I just don't understand why people care on either thing.

Firstly, it says they made the listing of gender optional. To my understanding, that doesn't mean they can pick and choose. They can list it or not. I don't give a shit if they don't.

Secondly, my response to Folau's comments on gay people is exactly the same as if someone told me, "I believe in a giant purple snail who will slime you forever in the hereafter if you have blue eyes". That response being ... "umm ... okay mate. I'll leave you to it.".

I just don't understand all the outrage about either thing.

Last edited by Mog The Almighty on Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

binge90 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

FFS

As on the other thread, the issue here is a semantic one of people having conflated sex and gender for so long.

The latter, a social construct, has no medical relevance and so can be excluded. The former, no matter what you may later identify as, has medical implications for the entirety of your life and needs to be recorded.

Rowdy wrote:

I dunno, as a card-carrying fornicator and atheist, being told by some twat that I'm going to burn in some hell of his isn't very endearing. Who I choose not to believe in, or who I give multiple orgasms to, is none of his business and really not grounds for him to be judging people upon.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:40 pm 

bimboman wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
binge90 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

FFS

Why?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:41 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
Rowdy wrote:

I dunno, as a card-carrying fornicator and atheist, being told by some twat that I'm going to burn in some hell of his isn't very endearing. Who I choose not to believe in, or who I give multiple orgasms to, is none of his business and really not grounds for him to be judging people upon.

But as an atheist you dont believe in hell anyway. So he might as well say all gays should be exiled to the unicorns.

Is it a good thing? is it a bad thing? is it a thing?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:44 pm 

So drunks aren't allowed in a religion where one of the big things the main dude is famous for, is turning water into wine...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:44 pm 

nardol wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Rowdy wrote:

But as an atheist you dont believe in hell anyway. So he might as well say all gays should be exiled to the unicorns.

Yup, that's why I had to add "hell of his" as it was inevitable this was going to come up. (PR is getting very very predictable)
He's still judging me, whether I believe in his particular form of retribution or not. It doesn't have to be effective "punishment" for it to still equate to judgement.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:45 pm 

Raggs wrote:
So drunks aren't allowed in a religion where one of the big things the main dude is famous for, is turning water into wine...

all in moderation (except pedophilia)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:47 pm 

nardol wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Rowdy wrote:

If someone who sincerely believes in it tells you that according to their belief system some of your innocuous behaviours warrant being tortured for eternity, that's a lot of ill will and bad intent on their part which I would reciprocate whole-heartedly. Doesn't matter if there's a reality behind it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:48 pm 

sockwithaticket wrote:
binge90 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

FFS

As on the other thread, the issue here is a semantic one of people having conflated sex and gender for so long.

The latter, a social construct, has no medical relevance and so can be excluded. The former, no matter what you may later identify as, has medical implications for the entirety of your life and needs to be recorded.

:lol: :lol:

Fúck off hippy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:49 pm 

unseenwork wrote:
bimboman wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
binge90 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

FFS

Why?

Well it’s the equivalent of claiming the moon is made of cheese, so it’d be great to see the logic.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:50 pm 

Mog The Almighty wrote:

Firstly, it says they made the listing of gender optional. To my understanding, that doesn't mean they can pick and choose. They can list it or not. I don't give a shit if they don't.

Secondly, my response to Folau's comments on gay people is exactly the same as if someone told me, "I believe in a giant purple snail who will slime you forever in the hereafter if you have blue eyes". That response being ... "umm ... okay mate. I'll leave you to it.".

I agree with this - except - you have to take into account the crimes that have been committed against homosexuals in the past (and present). Folau uses his belief in the sky wizard to further put homosexualaity into an 'evil' category - thus dehumanizing folk who are gay.

And that is dangerous - and that deserves outrage.

I still don't understand why Folau has such strong attitudes against people he classes as sinners - yet openly flaunts tattoo's (which are apparently against God) and has indulged in pre-marital sex.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:52 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
sockwithaticket wrote:
binge90 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

FFS

Fúck off hippy

I'm still saying male or female should be listed, just under a different word.

Now go eat a pie or summat.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:52 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
nardol wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Rowdy wrote:

Yup, that's why I had to add "hell of his" as it was inevitable this was going to come up. (PR is getting very very predictable)
He's still judging me, whether I believe in his particular form of retribution or not. It doesn't have to be effective "punishment" for it to still equate to judgement.

Why on earth would you give a f uck if you’re being judged on a metric you don’t even believe exists ?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:53 pm 

Mog The Almighty wrote:

And your response if some guy came upto your and called you a m*therf***ing c**t? I mean those things are also likely not true, but I suspect you'd take offence over it?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:54 pm 

Gazzamonster wrote:
Mog The Almighty wrote:

I agree with this - except - you have to take into account the crimes that have been committed against homosexuals in the past (and present). Folau uses his belief in the sky wizard to further put homosexualaity into an 'evil' category - thus dehumanizing folk who are gay.

And that is dangerous - and that deserves outrage.

I still don't understand why Folau has such strong attitudes against people he classes as sinners - yet openly flaunts tattoo's (which are apparently against God) and has indulged in pre-marital sex.

Bet he eats shellfish and wears clothes made of two different types of fabric too, the hypocrite.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:56 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
Rowdy wrote:

Ah.

But do you believe there is a hell? :twisted:

<edit> Too slow!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:57 pm 

Should we not be blaming Islam who teaches this? Follywolly is just doing what his religion tells him to.

Or does Islam get a free pass?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:57 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
Rowdy wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:58 pm 

Also he needs help. He clearly is someone who has issues if he believes such hateful rhetoric.

Take it from someone who was raised as a Jehovahs Witness, religious people are the most intolerant and judgemental dickheads around

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:59 pm 

sockwithaticket wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
sockwithaticket wrote:
binge90 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

FFS

Fúck off hippy

I'm still saying male or female should be listed, just under a different word.

Now go eat a pie or summat.

Gender is a construct.

It's clear sausage is what you like eating.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:59 pm 

DragonKhan wrote:
Also he needs help. He clearly is someone who has issues if he believes such hateful rhetoric.

Take it from someone who was raised as a Jehovahs Witness, religious people are the most intolerant and judgemental dickheads around

Bless you

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:00 pm 

DragonKhan wrote:

A whobie whatie?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:01 pm 

nardol wrote:
Should we not be blaming Islam who teaches this? Follywolly is just doing what his religion tells him to.

Or does Islam get a free pass?

You appear to have mixed up your Antipodean dickheads. Money Bill is the Muslim. Folau's a Christian.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:03 pm 

DragonKhan wrote:

Raised as a Jehovah's Witness in Longford and mover to Hull?

Fuck me, that's unlucky.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:03 pm 

Damn.

My whole plan for this was to go down the route: well keewees have lost their ability to criticise Islam of late ..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:04 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
DragonKhan wrote:

Raised as a Jehovah's Witness in Longford and mover to Hull?

Fuck me, that's unlucky.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

f**king tell me about it!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:08 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
nardol wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Rowdy wrote:

Why on earth would you give a f uck if you’re being judged on a metric you don’t even believe exists ?

Because the demonization of gay people is a real thing.

Folau might be a hero to a kid going through some pretty confusing times and then to see your sporting idol say that the way you are is inherently evil can not be a good thing.

But of course the usual contrarians will be contrarian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:09 pm 

Check out joe marler's tweet on the matter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeMarler/st ... 7458217984

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:11 pm 

happyhooker wrote:

:lol: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:18 pm 

BokJock wrote:
happyhooker wrote:

:lol: :thumbup:

Which of you is
- Will Davy, or
- Lee Behjet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:23 pm 

Laurent wrote:
Raggs wrote:

all in moderation (except pedophilia)
and Morris dancing

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4810 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 121  Next