Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202 ... 206  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 7:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:15 am
Posts: 3220
Kid A wrote:
Shingler is no 2nd row. Pointless to put him there.


It may just be a case of needs must.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 7:12 pm
Posts: 2441
henry wrote:
Crash_12 wrote:
He's a better pro than that, surely.


You'd hope he was. Wouldn't be difficult to be less petulant and childish than an angry PR poster mind.



Wish they had a two finger smilie :lol:

Wales have called Scarlets back Rhys Patchell into their set-up ahead of this summer's South Seas tour.

His Wales summons comes after Phil Dollman, a full-back, suffered an injury playing for Exeter Chiefs in the Aviva Premiership final at Twickenham.


http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugb ... d-13105969


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:30 pm
Posts: 13844
Deserves it more than Evans to be fair. Dissapointing he wasn't involved from the start, great player to watch who is coming of age down west.

Bastards.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:10 pm
Posts: 1395
Not being funny or anything but if you play Scarlets' backline as it is and you replace Johnny McNicholl with Dan Evans have Steve and Wayne as coach Wales would be better off than where they are now


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:30 pm
Posts: 13844
"Like a moonlight shadow"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25384
Crash_12 wrote:
Deserves it more than Evans to be fair. Dissapointing he wasn't involved from the start, great player to watch who is coming of age down west.

Bastards.


Patchell is still bordering on busted flush levels. He's cracking going forward (always was), but he's still prone to shitting the bed, and his defence is truly awful.

Having said that, with a view to the future, he's a better choice at this stage over Evans.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:10 pm
Posts: 1395
Would rather Patchell make 3 tries and get charged down for 2 then Biggar who will make nothing all game


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:30 pm
Posts: 13844
He's only 24 and this is his first season playing behind a decent pack. Busted flush indeed - that's more like Nipper, Jordan Williams and possibly Lloyd. See Cuthbert.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25384
Clive Simms wrote:
Would rather Patchell make 3 tries and get charged down for 2 then Biggar who will make nothing all game


I was President, Committee Chairmen and only member of the GINGER MESSIAH fan club for years, but he just hasn't kicked on as much as he could (tbf, being at Cardiff didn't help). He has oodles of talent, but like many before him, he hasn't worked on the poor parts of his game to help take himself to the next level.

By rights, a 6 foot 2, rapid 10 with great passing off both hands and a good running game should be Wales' starting 10. There are however good reasons why he's not.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:10 pm
Posts: 1395
He does have a touch of the Andy Fenbys about him true but am yet to see him exposed that badly defensively although you could argue he bought the dummy runner for Munsters first try. Our only real defensive collapse came when Dan Jones was 10


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 6:16 pm
Posts: 544
Clive Simms wrote:
He does have a touch of the Andy Fenbys about him true but am yet to see him exposed that badly defensively although you could argue he bought the dummy runner for Munsters first try. Our only real defensive collapse came when Dan Jones was 10


Wash your f**king mouth out! Crazy legs is a Scarlets hero!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 6:16 pm
Posts: 544
Patchell has definately gone backwards, rather than forwards, since he first came on the scene, but hopefully, if he can stay fit, some consistency of selection in this Scarlets side should see him come good. I just hope Wales don't fudge him up like Cardiff did and start f**king him around at 15.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:30 pm
Posts: 13844
Jeff the Bear wrote:
Clive Simms wrote:
Would rather Patchell make 3 tries and get charged down for 2 then Biggar who will make nothing all game


I was President, Committee Chairmen and only member of the GINGER MESSIAH fan club for years, but he just hasn't kicked on as much as he could (tbf, being at Cardiff didn't help). He has oodles of talent, but like many before him, he hasn't worked on the poor parts of his game to help take himself to the next level.

By rights, a 6 foot 2, rapid 10 with great passing off both hands and a good running game should be Wales' starting 10. There are however good reasons why he's not.


Tackling is getting better - I've noticed Scott Williams laying into him quite regularly when he doesn't complete.

Covered the Murray break well though, textbook wrap the legs and drop.

For all his good work does anyone else worry that Murray is painfully slow? Like Mike Phillips in diving boots.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:30 pm
Posts: 13844
cubby boi wrote:
Patchell has definately gone backwards, rather than forwards, since he first came on the scene, but hopefully, if he can stay fit, some consistency of selection in this Scarlets side should see him come good. I just hope Wales don't f**k him up like Cardiff did and start f**k him around at 15.


Can't agree with the backwards bit sorry.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 6:16 pm
Posts: 544
Crash_12 wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
Clive Simms wrote:
Would rather Patchell make 3 tries and get charged down for 2 then Biggar who will make nothing all game


I was President, Committee Chairmen and only member of the GINGER MESSIAH fan club for years, but he just hasn't kicked on as much as he could (tbf, being at Cardiff didn't help). He has oodles of talent, but like many before him, he hasn't worked on the poor parts of his game to help take himself to the next level.

By rights, a 6 foot 2, rapid 10 with great passing off both hands and a good running game should be Wales' starting 10. There are however good reasons why he's not.


Tackling is getting better - I've noticed Scott Williams laying into him quite regularly when he doesn't complete.

Covered the Murray break well though, textbook wrap the legs and drop.

For all his good work does anyone else worry that Murray is painfully slow? Like Mike Phillips in diving boots.


Mike Phillips had it right on the last Lions tour, when he labelled Murray as 'the poor mans Mike Phillips' after the press started making some comparisons!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 6:16 pm
Posts: 544
Crash_12 wrote:
cubby boi wrote:
Patchell has definately gone backwards, rather than forwards, since he first came on the scene, but hopefully, if he can stay fit, some consistency of selection in this Scarlets side should see him come good. I just hope Wales don't f**k him up like Cardiff did and start f**k him around at 15.


Can't agree with the backwards bit sorry.


He's lost his Swagger. When he first came on the scene he was hitting 60m drop goals ffs. When was the last time you saw him even attempt something so outlandish?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:10 pm
Posts: 1395
I think Scarlets will win regular season next year. We profit hugely in the international windows. Other teams in Pro 12 suffer a massive drop off but we can win games without major disruption mainly because some of our best players are overlooked like Shings and Cubby. Players like Parkes actually make us even more solid during these periods


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 3322
Location: Leafy Cheshire
So has the replacement for Jake been announced?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3190
I haven't been keeping up with the injuries/replacements for this.

Could someone have a stab at a likely starting XV?

Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 942
Location: Newport, Gwent
I think Patchell was treated quite badly by the Blues. He should have come to the Dragons where he would have also been treated badly but been a 10.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3190
Why does the thing about 'ruining' a 10 by playing them at centre or fullback persist? It's pretty much just a Welsh obessession as well.

Beudan Barrett, for example, seems not to have been overly traumatised by playing a load of rugby at 15.

Patchell has always looked like an outside back to me if he's going to have a Test career but even if he is a 10 it won't do him any harm to play some fullback here and there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:30 pm
Posts: 13844
bessantj wrote:
I think Patchell was treated quite badly by the Blues. He should have come to the Dragons where he would have also been treated badly but been a 10.

:lol:

Very good. I don't like the way Gareth just walked into the 10 jersey one bit. Hammett was/is a shitcunt.

Patch carried us through the Juggercaust after all. Conqueror of Toulon.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:30 pm
Posts: 13844
WelshmanJim wrote:
Why does the thing about 'ruining' a 10 by playing them at centre or fullback persist? It's pretty much just a Welsh obessession as well.

Beudan Barrett, for example, seems not to have been overly traumatised by playing a load of rugby at 15.

Patchell has always looked like an outside back to me if he's going to have a Test career but even if he is a 10 it won't do him any harm to play some fullback here and there.


As above, it was the manner in which he was cast to 15 after sticking by them and ignoring some fairly big money from elsewhere.

I know the lad - he would play waterboy to be involved with any rugby.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1988
There is a phenomenal amount of shit talked about Patchell.

The vast majority of his Cardiff career was spent at 10. He was moved from there because coaches (not just Hammett) recognised that he could be a better fullback. I personally think they're right. He has the skillset to be a 10, for sure, but I'm not sure he will ever curb his frantic moments. I'm assuming Pivac also sees this, which is why Parkes is seeing out the last 20-30 minutes of games.

Generally, the welsh obsession with the 10 shirt is unhealthy.

On the one hand, we insist that anyone with the skillset to play 10 HAS to play there and is being "messed about" if they aren't.

On the other, we complain that too many of our outside backs lack vision and subtlety.

In the long run, getting players like Patchell in positions other than 10 will do us a lot of good.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 942
Location: Newport, Gwent
Wales team to play the might of a north Wales select XV

Wales Team

15. Gareth Anscombe
14. Keelan Giles
13. Tyler Morgan
12. Jamie Roberts (c)
11. Cory Allen
10. Sam Davies
09. Aled Davies

01. Nicky Smith
02. Kristian Dacey
03. Tomas Francis
04. Adam Beard
05. Cory Hill
06. Seb Davies
07. Ellis Jenkins
08. Ollie Griffiths

Ah yeah, baby.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3190
Dillon Lewis is one the bench I see.

Why hasn't he featured for Cardiff this season?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 6:16 pm
Posts: 544
Who the fudge is Seb Davies?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:30 pm
Posts: 13844
I'm really, really, really starting to dislike Robin McBryde.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:15 am
Posts: 3220
Crash_12 wrote:
I'm really, really, really starting to dislike Robin McBryde.


I've been telling you all since the RWC that these chaps should all be gone. Two more years...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:30 pm
Posts: 13844
What, since March 2016?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1988
WelshmanJim wrote:
Dillon Lewis is one the bench I see.

Why hasn't he featured for Cardiff this season?


Injury. He came back to get some welsh prem games about two weeks before end of season.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25384
cubby boi wrote:
Who the f**k is Seb Davies?


Big unit from Cardiff.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3190
Glanmor'sGhost wrote:
WelshmanJim wrote:
Dillon Lewis is one the bench I see.

Why hasn't he featured for Cardiff this season?


Injury. He came back to get some welsh prem games about two weeks before end of season.


Cheers. I would have been concerned if he was behind Scott Andrews for any other reason.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7238
My fcuk it, let's just got for it 23.

15 Liam Williams
14 Steff Evs
13 Jon Davies
12 Scott Williams
11 George North
10 Sam Davies
9 Rhys Webb
8 Taulupe Faletau
7 James Davies
6 Justin Tipuric
5 Luke Charteris
4 AWJ
3 Samson Lee
2 Ken Owens (c)
1 Rob Evs

Reps: Leigh Halfpenny, Rhys Patchell, Gareth Davies, Sam Warburton, Jake Ball, Gethin Jenkins, Richie Hibbard, Tomos Francis

Once again I question Howley's judgement. This time re captaincy. AWJ is a leader but not a captain.

I am sure some taffs will question mine.

Wish we had more options in the front row: really need Nicky Smith, Kristian Dacey (was thinking of him for the 28 year old for the bench), Ryan Elias, Wyn Jones, and need a couple of strong THs. Also a #8 and a lock to come through sharpish.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 3322
Location: Leafy Cheshire
Crash_12 wrote:
What, since March 2016?


It was his previous accounts......Dai Hard,Herb etc......


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4799
WelshmanJim wrote:
Glanmor'sGhost wrote:
WelshmanJim wrote:
Dillon Lewis is one the bench I see.

Why hasn't he featured for Cardiff this season?


Injury. He came back to get some welsh prem games about two weeks before end of season.


Cheers. I would have been concerned if he was behind Scott Andrews for any other reason.


Is that a good enough excuse? death perhaps....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 942
Location: Newport, Gwent
Is everyone ready to turn to S4C at 18:45 tonight? Is everyone psyched for the mighty Wales to take on RGC? Is anyone worried it'll be Wales v Bridgend all over again?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4799
bessantj wrote:
Is everyone ready to turn to S4C at 18:45 tonight? Is everyone psyched for the mighty Wales to take on RGC? Is anyone worried it'll be Wales v Bridgend all over again?


Didn't realise it was on S4C - thanks for the heads up. I'm looking forward to it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 3322
Location: Leafy Cheshire
bessantj wrote:
Is everyone ready to turn to S4C at 18:45 tonight? Is everyone psyched for the mighty Wales to take on RGC? Is anyone worried it'll be Wales v Bridgend all over again?


you mean this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/40093700


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4799
Can I just point out that, as I was looking for the RGC team, I came across the magnificently named RGC player - Armani Roberts! Brilliant.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202 ... 206  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: akann, assfly, bimboman, Bing [Bot], C George, croyals, Diego, earl the beaver, fatcat, fonzeee, Gazzamonster, Google Adsense [Bot], harvey wilson, Hawaiian_shirts_rule, Hawk97, irishrugbyua, Jensrsa, Killer Rabbit, kiweez, Leinsterman, Matt Henjak, Mick Mannock, Nolanator, Obelix, Phredd, Razor, SASP, Shrekles, SilverGrin, Tehui, theaxe, TheDocForgotHisLogon, Wignu and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group