Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:47 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8614 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203 ... 216  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 3534
Location: Leafy Cheshire
penguin wrote:
Can I just point out that, as I was looking for the RGC team, I came across the magnificently named RGC player - Armani Roberts! Brilliant.


Gogs eh?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1988
Frodder wrote:
penguin wrote:
Can I just point out that, as I was looking for the RGC team, I came across the magnificently named RGC player - Armani Roberts! Brilliant.


Gogs eh?


The best gog rugby player name is "Llywarch ap Myrddin".

I was praying for him to be good so that at some point John Inverdale would have to try saying it. He isn't though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:55 pm
Posts: 702
Location: Cymru
Llywarch ap Myrddin, Newport RFC speedster, quality finisher.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 993
Location: Newport, Gwent
Look at Roberts, mugnificent square jaw.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:10 pm
Posts: 1699
All the Welsh players look so skinny in loose fitting training shirts


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:10 pm
Posts: 1699
Bagshaw River is a decent player at this level


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:10 pm
Posts: 1699
Cory Allen just needs to let go. Your going bald. Shave it off


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 993
Location: Newport, Gwent
Not going to get a repeat of the Bridgend result then.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:10 pm
Posts: 1699
Ollie Griffiths is a very good player but is not in the same Parish as James Davies

#Sorrynotsorry


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 993
Location: Newport, Gwent
Clive Simms wrote:
Ollie Griffiths is a very good player but is not in the same Parish as James Davies

#Sorrynotsorry


State of this fucking post.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 993
Location: Newport, Gwent
Quite nice pitch.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 993
Location: Newport, Gwent
Ugh, he read that pass well, good intercept.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 993
Location: Newport, Gwent
These tries Wales are shipping :uhoh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3254
What's supposed to be the point of this?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 993
Location: Newport, Gwent
WelshmanJim wrote:
What's supposed to be the point of this?


A training run before facing Tonga and Samoa.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:34 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34155
Things I've learned watching this:


North Wales is sunny occasionally.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9882
88 - 19, was anything really learned (about the team!)?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugb ... d-13131922


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 993
Location: Newport, Gwent
tabascoboy wrote:
88 - 19, was anything really learned (about the team!)?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugb ... d-13131922


Yeah, it was better than the Lions performance.

Also this was more a run out to get a bit of match fitness for the team. It was good to have it in north Wales, got a nice crowd out and the RGC team seemed up for it and no one was injured. I'm glad they did it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7545
bessantj wrote:
tabascoboy wrote:
88 - 19, was anything really learned (about the team!)?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugb ... d-13131922


Yeah, it was better than the Lions performance.

Also this was more a run out to get a bit of match fitness for the team. It was good to have it in north Wales, got a nice crowd out and the RGC team seemed up for it and no one was injured. I'm glad they did it.


This.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:30 pm
Posts: 14156
We learnt that the two young Ospreys locks are a bit average. I cried a bit inside when Gareth John said this could be our pack for the 2023 WC.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 7:12 pm
Posts: 2545
Crash_12 wrote:
We learnt that the two young Ospreys locks are a bit average. I cried a bit inside when Gareth John said this could be our pack for the 2023 WC.




There were wails and moans that we were gathering all the second rows and we should share them out only a few weeks ago. Now they are only a BIT average.
:lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3254
Beard hasn't played for about a year has he? I think he'll be useful Clarteris style lump eventually, it may take a few years though.

Thornton is a good lineout forward but he's been shite round the field lately. He looks to slim to me and could have done with the summer in the gym.

Neither should be playing internationally yet but needs must I suppose.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:30 pm
Posts: 14156
GWO2 wrote:
Crash_12 wrote:
We learnt that the two young Ospreys locks are a bit average. I cried a bit inside when Gareth John said this could be our pack for the 2023 WC.




There were wails and moans that we were gathering all the second rows and we should share them out only a few weeks ago. Now they are only a BIT average.
:lol: :lol: :lol:


Target cited.

Target destroyed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 3534
Location: Leafy Cheshire
henry wrote:
Things I've learned watching this:


North Wales is sunny occasionally.


I liked the R-G-C chant quite a lot actually. I learned that


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9882
Reported yesterday but not posted here?

Phil Dollman and Samson Lee ruled out of Wales tour
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/40124181

Scarlets fly-half or full-back Rhys Patchell and Ospreys prop Rhodri Jones have been added to caretaker coach Robin McBryde's squad.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:35 pm
Posts: 372
Well lions tour is down the drain, on the plus side every country in world rugby can now see just how difficult it is to play the game with our current crop of coaches


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5179
The backline was woeful. Biggar did alright when he was on, but with Sexton out of form, Henshaw, Payne, Nowell and 1/2p all lacking pace (or much counter attacking threat) it looked so stilted...Howley working his magic again.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:15 am
Posts: 3410
So many average and out of form players.

Sexton
Payne
Henshaw
Daly
Nowell
Halfpenny

Etc.

Dai's revised Lions test team

Liam Williams
Anthony Watson
Jonathan Davies
Ben Te'o
George North
Owen Farrell
Rhys Webb

Taulupe Faletau
Sam Warburton
Maro Itoje
Alun Wyn Jones
George Kruis
Tadgh Furlong
Ken Owens
Mako Vunipola

It would be nice to have Scott Williams as an option.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5179
For the welsh players today - Owens did well, nothing spectacular, but the scrum improved when he went off - maybe coincidental, but perhaps Best is a better scrummaging hooker and made the difference?

Tips was ok I thought - the backrow as a unit didn't look to gel, Stander not making yards and Haskell not really imposing himself on the game. Was it Tips who won the penalty at the end?

Webb was ok, his pass is good but his kicking long all the time was frustrating. Like going back a few years to watching Wales when we just went for territory and then pressed with our defence. Hope to see more of his sniping and leadership in coming weeks otherwise he'll put no pressure on Murray.

Biggar was Biggar - I thought he actually showed some nice little passes before contact, slipping it away, but he was also kicking a lot. Better than Sexton but that is not saying much.

1/2p was 1/2p. No counter attacking threat, but tried hard to run it back, even if ineffectual, tackled well and kicked his points. I hope that he's not in the test XV on current form. He needs a chance to remember what running with the ball feels like...and at the moment he looks lost with ball in hand. Hogg and Liam are light years ahead of him in attack.

Liam. Such a tool. I didn't think it was such a bad challenge the second one, but to put yourself in that position so soon after the first...didn't really get into the game, and his only notable contribution was negative.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 993
Location: Newport, Gwent
tabascoboy wrote:
Reported yesterday but not posted here?

Phil Dollman and Samson Lee ruled out of Wales tour
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/40124181

Scarlets fly-half or full-back Rhys Patchell and Ospreys prop Rhodri Jones have been added to caretaker coach Robin McBryde's squad.


More players ruled out, it's going to be an interesting squad he ends up taking out there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 3534
Location: Leafy Cheshire
Dai another day wrote:
So many average and out of form players.

Sexton
Payne
Henshaw
Daly
Nowell
Halfpenny

Etc.

Dai's revised Lions test team

Liam Williams
Anthony Watson
Jonathan Davies
Ben Te'o
George North
Owen Farrell
Rhys Webb

Taulupe Faletau
Sam Warburton
Maro Itoje
Alun Wyn Jones
George Kruis
Tadgh Furlong
Ken Owens
Mako Vunipola

It would be nice to have Scott Williams as an option.


It's our coaches fault Scott isn't there. Used a battering ram in the 6N was terrible to see but I thought the Scarlets form could have him on standby as a reserve should 1 of the centres go down.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7545
GWO2 wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
GWO2 wrote:
Not Frankie wrote:
There's no denying that Rodney Parade is in a poor way, as are the Dragons. The fans are some of the best I've seen though, if not in huge numbers anymore. But let's be honest, having a 20 million back hander from the council would have been a massive winner, but no, instead of going bust and cap in hand to the WRU and the local council, the Dragons landlords (Newport RFC) have stayed in the black and balanced the books, so you can point at crowd numbers all you want, once a season at near full capacity is not enough justification for the ineptitude of Llanelli and the Scarlets finances over the last 30 years, and the bailouts they've received. I don't personally share DAC's dislike for your lot, I save my bile for anything Cardiff centric, but please stop harping on, you're a mediocre region with a gold plated stadium that is filled up once in a blue moon. So let's all just form a circle and cry because we know we are all shite compared to the Tosspreys.


At last, a bit of sense :lol: :lol:


Enjoying the Bic Pen Comp, mon ami? 😅



Yep.
Well, we ARE winning our games, which is quite enjoyable.
How did you enjoy your brief visit to the European cup. :twisted: :P


I wish you all the best in your pool of death, GW02. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 3534
Location: Leafy Cheshire
LandOTurk wrote:
GWO2 wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
GWO2 wrote:
Not Frankie wrote:
There's no denying that Rodney Parade is in a poor way, as are the Dragons. The fans are some of the best I've seen though, if not in huge numbers anymore. But let's be honest, having a 20 million back hander from the council would have been a massive winner, but no, instead of going bust and cap in hand to the WRU and the local council, the Dragons landlords (Newport RFC) have stayed in the black and balanced the books, so you can point at crowd numbers all you want, once a season at near full capacity is not enough justification for the ineptitude of Llanelli and the Scarlets finances over the last 30 years, and the bailouts they've received. I don't personally share DAC's dislike for your lot, I save my bile for anything Cardiff centric, but please stop harping on, you're a mediocre region with a gold plated stadium that is filled up once in a blue moon. So let's all just form a circle and cry because we know we are all shite compared to the Tosspreys.


At last, a bit of sense :lol: :lol:


Enjoying the Bic Pen Comp, mon ami? 😅



Yep.
Well, we ARE winning our games, which is quite enjoyable.
How did you enjoy your brief visit to the European cup. :twisted: :P


I wish you all the best in your pool of death, GW02. :D


Ouch, that's gotta hurt


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:55 pm
Posts: 702
Location: Cymru
Bernard Jackman appointed head coach of the Mighty Dragons:

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/ ... ley_Jones/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 3534
Location: Leafy Cheshire
Not Frankie wrote:
Bernard Jackman appointed head coach of the Mighty Dragons:

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/ ... ley_Jones/


I see Dai has taken the wind out of your sails.

Anyhoo is he any good?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 993
Location: Newport, Gwent
Frodder wrote:
Not Frankie wrote:
Bernard Jackman appointed head coach of the Mighty Dragons:

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/ ... ley_Jones/


I see Dai has taken the wind out of your sails.

Anyhoo is he any good?


Grenoble were relegated this year so he has good experience of failure which is essential when taking a post with the Dragons.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34
Wales: Gareth Anscombe (Cardiff Blues); Alex Cuthbert (Cardiff Blues), Scott Williams (Scarlets), Jamie Roberts (Harlequins, capt), Steffan Evans (Scarlets); Sam Davies (Ospreys), Gareth Davies (Scarlets); Nicky Smith (Ospreys) Kristian Dacey (Cardiff Blues) Tomas Francis (Exeter Chiefs), Seb Davies (Cardiff Blues), Cory Hill (Newport Gwent Dragons), Aaron Shingler (Scarlets,), Thomas Young (Wasps), Josh Navidi (Cardiff Blues).

Replacements: Ryan Elias (Scarlets), Wyn Jones (Scarlets), Dillon Lewis (Cardiff Blues), Ellis Jenkins (Cardiff Blues), Ollie Griffiths (Newport Gwent Dragons), Aled Davies (Scarlets), Owen Williams (Gloucester), Cory Allen (Ospreys)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5179
If ever you needed to understand the lack of depth for second rows in Wales, that team is exhibit A. Lewis Rawlins deserves to be there ahead of the likes of Seb Davies and...not even a lock on the bench!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 3534
Location: Leafy Cheshire
penguin wrote:
If ever you needed to understand the lack of depth for second rows in Wales, that team is exhibit A. Lewis Rawlins deserves to be there ahead of the likes of Seb Davies and...not even a lock on the bench!


I'm guessing Shingler covers lock with 2 BR's on the bench. There'll be a few 'deep breaths and count to 10' moments coming up


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:30 pm
Posts: 14156
Bloody hell that was terrible.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8614 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203 ... 216  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AlanBengio, bimboman, Bing [Bot], Bogbunny, bonzo, Brumby_in_Vic, dam0, eldanielfire, forrester, henry, iarmhiman, Idle_Wild, I like haggis, Jay Cee Gee, kerrandy, le chat, Leinsterman, Lobby, Mick Mannock, mileendmikey, Nabberuk, Nolanator, obelixtim, Rinkals, Saint, Short Man Syndrome, spookly, The Native, topofthemoon, unseenwork, WoodlandsRFC, Yer Man and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group