Chat Forum
It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 6:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10806 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 249, 250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255 ... 271  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8781
bessantj wrote:
c69 wrote:
Amos was excellent in the AIs I hope gets back to that level :thumbup:


He was really good for the Dragons v Glasgow.


Yes. He may be further up the pecking order than we think.

Perhaps?

North
Liam
Steff
Amos
Josh

Steff and Amos is a tight one, not sure who is 3 or 4.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 27338
LandOTurk wrote:
bessantj wrote:
c69 wrote:
Amos was excellent in the AIs I hope gets back to that level :thumbup:


He was really good for the Dragons v Glasgow.


Yes. He may be further up the pecking order than we think.

Perhaps?

North
Liam
Steff
Amos
Josh

Steff and Amos is a tight one, not sure who is 3 or 4.


That's a decent list. Whisper it, but in 2019, we may also be able to to add McNichol. That'll mean decent dept in the back 3.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8781
Jeff the Bear wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
bessantj wrote:
c69 wrote:
Amos was excellent in the AIs I hope gets back to that level :thumbup:


He was really good for the Dragons v Glasgow.


Yes. He may be further up the pecking order than we think.

Perhaps?

North
Liam
Steff
Amos
Josh

Steff and Amos is a tight one, not sure who is 3 or 4.


That's a decent list. Whisper it, but in 2019, we may also be able to to add McNichol. That'll mean decent dept in the back 3.


I think he came in Dec 2016.

Also Lane should be ready too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 27338
LandOTurk wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
bessantj wrote:
c69 wrote:
Amos was excellent in the AIs I hope gets back to that level :thumbup:


He was really good for the Dragons v Glasgow.


Yes. He may be further up the pecking order than we think.

Perhaps?

North
Liam
Steff
Amos
Josh

Steff and Amos is a tight one, not sure who is 3 or 4.


That's a decent list. Whisper it, but in 2019, we may also be able to to add McNichol. That'll mean decent dept in the back 3.


I think he came in Dec 2016.


Uh, so I'm right then. December 2016 + 3 years residency means he's available, like Parkes, fo the last game of the AI's in December (should we choose to play the game), or at least for the 2020 6N.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 4468
Location: Leafy Cheshire
Ok, I'll say it. I don't want McNichol, it's nothing personal but we just need to get away from these poaches.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:04 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 2925
Location: Newport, Gwent
Jeff the Bear wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
bessantj wrote:
c69 wrote:
Amos was excellent in the AIs I hope gets back to that level :thumbup:


He was really good for the Dragons v Glasgow.


Yes. He may be further up the pecking order than we think.

Perhaps?

North
Liam
Steff
Amos
Josh

Steff and Amos is a tight one, not sure who is 3 or 4.


That's a decent list. Whisper it, but in 2019, we may also be able to to add McNichol. That'll mean decent dept in the back 3.


I read this on my phone so I did whisper it and the dude in front of me at the checkout at Tesco looked at me like I was a proper twat, thanks Jeff :x


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:59 pm
Posts: 550
Add Tyler Morgan to the 2019 list.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:04 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 2925
Location: Newport, Gwent
100MileDad wrote:
Add Tyler Morgan to the 2019 list.


What about Jack Dixon? He should be kicking on.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 27338
I ust saw this picture and I like it:

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:10 pm
Posts: 2468
Tipuric released back to Os which could mean Cubby Boi to feature in the 23 v Ireland :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 27338
Clive Simms wrote:
Tipuric released back to Os which could mean Cubby Boi to feature in the 23 v Ireland :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:


Probably more to do with giving him game time.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8781
Jeff the Bear wrote:
Uh, so I'm right then. December 2016 + 3 years residency means he's available, like Parkes, fo the last game of the AI's in December (should we choose to play the game), or at least for the 2020 6N.


Hmm. Ok, sure. Anyway, I wonder what the rule is. I guess it is from contract start date (assume there is a pre-season start date so that it is not abused), otherwise 1st game played for a Welsh region.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8781
Jeff the Bear wrote:
I ust saw this picture and I like it:

Image


My Os mate sent it to me about an hour after the game. LOL


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8156
LandOTurk wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
Uh, so I'm right then. December 2016 + 3 years residency means he's available, like Parkes, fo the last game of the AI's in December (should we choose to play the game), or at least for the 2020 6N.


Hmm. Ok, sure. Anyway, I wonder what the rule is. I guess it is from contract start date (assume there is a pre-season start date so that it is not abused), otherwise 1st game played for a Welsh region.


It is a literal residency test so from the date you move to the country.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 4468
Location: Leafy Cheshire
Tim. wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
Uh, so I'm right then. December 2016 + 3 years residency means he's available, like Parkes, fo the last game of the AI's in December (should we choose to play the game), or at least for the 2020 6N.


Hmm. Ok, sure. Anyway, I wonder what the rule is. I guess it is from contract start date (assume there is a pre-season start date so that it is not abused), otherwise 1st game played for a Welsh region.


It is a literal residency test so from the date you move to the country.


It's a sad state of affairs when we debate this. I'm sure we were doing this over Michael Collins


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:35 pm
Posts: 576
Then again, anyone willing to play there rugby in Wales is making a big sacrifice, one that Roberts, foxy, North, priestland, 1/2p especially etc all didn't do, therefore I have no qualms about it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:22 pm
Posts: 716
McNichols isn't even that good - is he better than North, L.Williams, Amos, Steff? - not really.

Unless a poach is gonna be a bonafide test starter in a position of weakness - I don't think we should bother


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6269
P in VG wrote:
McNichols isn't even that good - is he better than North, L.Williams, Amos, Steff? - not really.

Unless a poach is gonna be a bonafide test starter in a position of weakness - I don't think we should bother


I think he's the sort of player that would probably play well enough at international level, a bit like Parkes.

Having said that I don't think we'll see him play for Wales unless there is an injury crisis. He'll be, what, 30, by the time he qualifies? Liam Williams, North, 1/2p, Steff Evans, Amos, Adams will all be around...and then of the players outside that bracket like Keelan Giles, Ashton Hewitt, Owen Lane (hope he becomes a 13 but still...) they are all young and with great potential, so you have to wonder why they would choose him, when the likelihood is there will be more upside long term to going with others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 4468
Location: Leafy Cheshire
penguin wrote:
P in VG wrote:
McNichols isn't even that good - is he better than North, L.Williams, Amos, Steff? - not really.

Unless a poach is gonna be a bonafide test starter in a position of weakness - I don't think we should bother


I think he's the sort of player that would probably play well enough at international level, a bit like Parkes.

Having said that I don't think we'll see him play for Wales unless there is an injury crisis. He'll be, what, 30, by the time he qualifies? Liam Williams, North, 1/2p, Steff Evans, Amos, Adams will all be around...and then of the players outside that bracket like Keelan Giles, Ashton Hewitt, Owen Lane (hope he becomes a 13 but still...) they are all young and with great potential, so you have to wonder why they would choose him, when the likelihood is there will be more upside long term to going with others.



I think we all said this about Parkes as well though. Now he's our number 1 centre pick with Foxy injured


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6269
Frodder wrote:
penguin wrote:
P in VG wrote:
McNichols isn't even that good - is he better than North, L.Williams, Amos, Steff? - not really.

Unless a poach is gonna be a bonafide test starter in a position of weakness - I don't think we should bother


I think he's the sort of player that would probably play well enough at international level, a bit like Parkes.

Having said that I don't think we'll see him play for Wales unless there is an injury crisis. He'll be, what, 30, by the time he qualifies? Liam Williams, North, 1/2p, Steff Evans, Amos, Adams will all be around...and then of the players outside that bracket like Keelan Giles, Ashton Hewitt, Owen Lane (hope he becomes a 13 but still...) they are all young and with great potential, so you have to wonder why they would choose him, when the likelihood is there will be more upside long term to going with others.



I think we all said this about Parkes as well though. Now he's our number 1 centre pick with Foxy injured


True, but our centres aren't as strong as our back 3...and I suspect that in 2 years we'll be looking at some other prospects too, like Conbeer, Rhun Williams, Tomi Lewis. It's a lot tougher back there.

It's like the difference between lock and backrow for wales. If you are a half decent lock then you've got a chance to play for wales at some point, if you're in the backrow you can be excellent and still not get into the squad.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 4468
Location: Leafy Cheshire
So we poach in positions where we haven't developed anyone. Not a fan of the 3 year 'projects players'


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8781
penguin wrote:
P in VG wrote:
McNichols isn't even that good - is he better than North, L.Williams, Amos, Steff? - not really.

Unless a poach is gonna be a bonafide test starter in a position of weakness - I don't think we should bother


I think he's the sort of player that would probably play well enough at international level, a bit like Parkes.

Having said that I don't think we'll see him play for Wales unless there is an injury crisis. He'll be, what, 30, by the time he qualifies? Liam Williams, North, 1/2p, Steff Evans, Amos, Adams will all be around...and then of the players outside that bracket like Keelan Giles, Ashton Hewitt, Owen Lane (hope he becomes a 13 but still...) they are all young and with great potential, so you have to wonder why they would choose him, when the likelihood is there will be more upside long term to going with others.


He'll be 29. Parkes is 31 in October.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 4468
Location: Leafy Cheshire
It seems Amos is heading to be a full back full time. He was excellent against the Warriors last weekend

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43077403


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6269
Quote:
Dragons team for Benetton: H Amos, J Rosser, T Morgan, J Dixon, R Dyer, Z Kirchner, D Babos, S Hobbs, L Belcher, L Fairbrother, J Davies, R Landman, L Evans, A Wainwright, H Keddie (captain). Replacements: E Shipp, G Ellis, L Brown, H Williams, L Greggains, S Pretorius, A Robson, C Edwards.


Jackman talking up Dyer's pace on the wing - saying he's as quick as anyone in Wales. Look forward to seeing him.

Decent looking team, but Benetton looking for a fifth win on the spin, so a good test of where we are.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:35 pm
Posts: 576
That Ospreys attack is the worst I've ever seen, surprising with such an "attacking threat" at 10... :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:20 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 2925
Location: Newport, Gwent
Theflier wrote:
That Ospreys attack is the worst I've ever seen, surprising with such an "attacking threat" at 10... :lol: :lol:


This is one of the biggest spakker fests I've ever seen and I'm a Dragon's fan.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:24 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 2925
Location: Newport, Gwent
Fair fücks to the Os though, they got the BP.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 7:12 pm
Posts: 2924
I think that this is the first time that I`ve been glad to have an attack of the S**ts. I would have been over there watching that instead of sitting in the warm watching on the tele. :((


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:35 pm
Posts: 576
New SH at least looked superior to habberfield, not much else


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 7:12 pm
Posts: 2924
The worrying thing about your comment is, Habberfield was the only one fast enough to NEARLY catch that winger before he scored. :((


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 27338
Seems a bit churlish to post on the Irish thread about Welsh players, but some of those Cardiff youngsters are looking the business at the moment. Yes, Munster aren't playing that great, but Lane, Rhun Williams and Sumerhill looking very good in space.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6269
There's almost a complete young, all Welsh backline for the blues that could be really excellent; tomos Williams, Jarrod Evans, garyn Smith, Owen lane, aled summerhill, rhun Williams... Need another centre or winger to complete it but very impressed with them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 27338
penguin wrote:
There's almost a complete young, all Welsh backline for the blues that could be really excellent; tomos Williams, Jarrod Evans, garyn Smith, Owen lane, aled summerhill, rhun Williams... Need another centre or winger to complete it but very impressed with them.


Indeed. I think Evans and Smith will never be more than regional fodder, but decent squad filler nonetheless. I can't help but look at Lane and wonder why we are persisting with Scott Williams at OC when we've got a young electric paced OC in form.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 27338
Also, Ellis Jenkins has looked very good, and forgotten man of the scrumhalfs Lloyd Williams. Been impressed with the geriatric front row as well. Struggled in the early exchanges, but have started to settle it down.

In grand Cardiff fashion however, they'll likely collapse in the second half.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6269
Jeff the Bear wrote:
penguin wrote:
There's almost a complete young, all Welsh backline for the blues that could be really excellent; tomos Williams, Jarrod Evans, garyn Smith, Owen lane, aled summerhill, rhun Williams... Need another centre or winger to complete it but very impressed with them.


Indeed. I think Evans and Smith will never be more than regional fodder, but decent squad filler nonetheless. I can't help but look at Lane and wonder why we are persisting with Scott Williams at OC when we've got a young electric paced OC in form.


He does look an international in the making. Still early days though.

I think Smith is one of those guys that just makes good decisions, without being spectacular. A bit Conrad Smith light. Evans might be a little more than regional, shows moments of real class, but intermittently. Could go either way I think.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 27338
Cardiff hang on in the end. The second half collapse came as expected, but just about managed to weather it.

I thought Ellis Jenkins was MOTM, showed up well in both attack and defence (and Ieuan Evans just agreed with me).

If only we could share out all that openside talent!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15011
loving the look of the cardiff outhalf... never seen him before. Young lad? potential?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:36 pm
Posts: 12789
Location: Above you.
Great result blues. Fuckin’ safe as.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 27338
nardol wrote:
loving the look of the cardiff outhalf... never seen him before. Young lad? potential?


See the conversation above. I reckon he's destined for no more than regional honours...but he's solid enough, and does recognise space well so will attack the line. Ultimately, he's the exact kind of player the regions need. Solid pro.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8781
bessantj wrote:
Theflier wrote:
That Ospreys attack is the worst I've ever seen, surprising with such an "attacking threat" at 10... :lol: :lol:


This is one of the biggest spakker fests I've ever seen and I'm a Dragon's fan.


Obvs not an Os fan, but the closeness of the game can in some part be down to the ref who repeatedly warned but refused to give yellows to the Kings. Why? Turns out the twat forgot his cards and did not want to fess up as the Pro14 head honchos would probably slap him. Apparently TMO realised it and scooted onto pitch with them during the game. Farcical.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10806 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 249, 250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255 ... 271  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Armchair_Superstar, bessantj, bimboman, Blackrock Bullet, comets, David990, Diego, Edinburgh01, fishooks15, Google Adsense [Bot], Grizz Wyllie, Idle_Wild, I like haggis, Jake, Liathroidigloine, Madness, Mr Mike, Oxbow, PCPhil, PornDog, Saint, Santa, Wendigo7 and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group