Chat Forum
It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 6:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10806 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 249, 250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255 ... 271  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:26 am 

bessantj wrote:
c69 wrote:
Amos was excellent in the AIs I hope gets back to that level :thumbup:

He was really good for the Dragons v Glasgow.

Yes. He may be further up the pecking order than we think.

Perhaps?

North
Liam
Steff
Amos
Josh

Steff and Amos is a tight one, not sure who is 3 or 4.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:35 am 

LandOTurk wrote:
bessantj wrote:
c69 wrote:

Perhaps?

North
Liam
Steff
Amos
Josh

That's a decent list. Whisper it, but in 2019, we may also be able to to add McNichol. That'll mean decent dept in the back 3.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:01 am 

Jeff the Bear wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
bessantj wrote:
c69 wrote:

Perhaps?

North
Liam
Steff
Amos
Josh

That's a decent list. Whisper it, but in 2019, we may also be able to to add McNichol. That'll mean decent dept in the back 3.

I think he came in Dec 2016.

Also Lane should be ready too.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:05 am 

LandOTurk wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
bessantj wrote:
c69 wrote:

Perhaps?

North
Liam
Steff
Amos
Josh

I think he came in Dec 2016.

Uh, so I'm right then. December 2016 + 3 years residency means he's available, like Parkes, fo the last game of the AI's in December (should we choose to play the game), or at least for the 2020 6N.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:51 am 

Ok, I'll say it. I don't want McNichol, it's nothing personal but we just need to get away from these poaches.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:04 am 

Jeff the Bear wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
bessantj wrote:
c69 wrote:

Perhaps?

North
Liam
Steff
Amos
Josh

I read this on my phone so I did whisper it and the dude in front of me at the checkout at Tesco looked at me like I was a proper twat, thanks Jeff :x

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:56 am 

Add Tyler Morgan to the 2019 list.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:04 am 

100MileDad wrote:
Add Tyler Morgan to the 2019 list.

What about Jack Dixon? He should be kicking on.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:30 pm 

I ust saw this picture and I like it:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:48 pm 

Tipuric released back to Os which could mean Cubby Boi to feature in the 23 v Ireland :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:23 pm 

Clive Simms wrote:
Tipuric released back to Os which could mean Cubby Boi to feature in the 23 v Ireland :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Probably more to do with giving him game time.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:04 am 

Jeff the Bear wrote:
Uh, so I'm right then. December 2016 + 3 years residency means he's available, like Parkes, fo the last game of the AI's in December (should we choose to play the game), or at least for the 2020 6N.

Hmm. Ok, sure. Anyway, I wonder what the rule is. I guess it is from contract start date (assume there is a pre-season start date so that it is not abused), otherwise 1st game played for a Welsh region.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:05 am 

Jeff the Bear wrote:
I ust saw this picture and I like it:

My Os mate sent it to me about an hour after the game. LOL

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:42 am 

LandOTurk wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:

Hmm. Ok, sure. Anyway, I wonder what the rule is. I guess it is from contract start date (assume there is a pre-season start date so that it is not abused), otherwise 1st game played for a Welsh region.

It is a literal residency test so from the date you move to the country.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:56 am 

Tim. wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:

It is a literal residency test so from the date you move to the country.

It's a sad state of affairs when we debate this. I'm sure we were doing this over Michael Collins

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:31 am 

Then again, anyone willing to play there rugby in Wales is making a big sacrifice, one that Roberts, foxy, North, priestland, 1/2p especially etc all didn't do, therefore I have no qualms about it

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:06 am 

McNichols isn't even that good - is he better than North, L.Williams, Amos, Steff? - not really.

Unless a poach is gonna be a bonafide test starter in a position of weakness - I don't think we should bother

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:16 am 

P in VG wrote:
McNichols isn't even that good - is he better than North, L.Williams, Amos, Steff? - not really.

Unless a poach is gonna be a bonafide test starter in a position of weakness - I don't think we should bother

I think he's the sort of player that would probably play well enough at international level, a bit like Parkes.

Having said that I don't think we'll see him play for Wales unless there is an injury crisis. He'll be, what, 30, by the time he qualifies? Liam Williams, North, 1/2p, Steff Evans, Amos, Adams will all be around...and then of the players outside that bracket like Keelan Giles, Ashton Hewitt, Owen Lane (hope he becomes a 13 but still...) they are all young and with great potential, so you have to wonder why they would choose him, when the likelihood is there will be more upside long term to going with others.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:24 am 

penguin wrote:
P in VG wrote:

I think he's the sort of player that would probably play well enough at international level, a bit like Parkes.

Having said that I don't think we'll see him play for Wales unless there is an injury crisis. He'll be, what, 30, by the time he qualifies? Liam Williams, North, 1/2p, Steff Evans, Amos, Adams will all be around...and then of the players outside that bracket like Keelan Giles, Ashton Hewitt, Owen Lane (hope he becomes a 13 but still...) they are all young and with great potential, so you have to wonder why they would choose him, when the likelihood is there will be more upside long term to going with others.

I think we all said this about Parkes as well though. Now he's our number 1 centre pick with Foxy injured

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:32 am 

Frodder wrote:
penguin wrote:
P in VG wrote:

I think we all said this about Parkes as well though. Now he's our number 1 centre pick with Foxy injured

True, but our centres aren't as strong as our back 3...and I suspect that in 2 years we'll be looking at some other prospects too, like Conbeer, Rhun Williams, Tomi Lewis. It's a lot tougher back there.

It's like the difference between lock and backrow for wales. If you are a half decent lock then you've got a chance to play for wales at some point, if you're in the backrow you can be excellent and still not get into the squad.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:54 pm 

So we poach in positions where we haven't developed anyone. Not a fan of the 3 year 'projects players'

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:24 pm 

penguin wrote:
P in VG wrote:

He'll be 29. Parkes is 31 in October.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:08 am 

It seems Amos is heading to be a full back full time. He was excellent against the Warriors last weekend

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43077403

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:07 pm 

Quote:
Dragons team for Benetton: H Amos, J Rosser, T Morgan, J Dixon, R Dyer, Z Kirchner, D Babos, S Hobbs, L Belcher, L Fairbrother, J Davies, R Landman, L Evans, A Wainwright, H Keddie (captain). Replacements: E Shipp, G Ellis, L Brown, H Williams, L Greggains, S Pretorius, A Robson, C Edwards.

Jackman talking up Dyer's pace on the wing - saying he's as quick as anyone in Wales. Look forward to seeing him.

Decent looking team, but Benetton looking for a fifth win on the spin, so a good test of where we are.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:18 pm 

That Ospreys attack is the worst I've ever seen, surprising with such an "attacking threat" at 10... :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:20 pm 

Theflier wrote:
That Ospreys attack is the worst I've ever seen, surprising with such an "attacking threat" at 10... :lol: :lol:

This is one of the biggest spakker fests I've ever seen and I'm a Dragon's fan.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:24 pm 

Fair fücks to the Os though, they got the BP.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:28 pm 

I think that this is the first time that I`ve been glad to have an attack of the S**ts. I would have been over there watching that instead of sitting in the warm watching on the tele. :((

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:31 pm 

New SH at least looked superior to habberfield, not much else

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:10 pm 

The worrying thing about your comment is, Habberfield was the only one fast enough to NEARLY catch that winger before he scored. :((

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:09 pm 

Seems a bit churlish to post on the Irish thread about Welsh players, but some of those Cardiff youngsters are looking the business at the moment. Yes, Munster aren't playing that great, but Lane, Rhun Williams and Sumerhill looking very good in space.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:15 pm 

There's almost a complete young, all Welsh backline for the blues that could be really excellent; tomos Williams, Jarrod Evans, garyn Smith, Owen lane, aled summerhill, rhun Williams... Need another centre or winger to complete it but very impressed with them.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:20 pm 

penguin wrote:
There's almost a complete young, all Welsh backline for the blues that could be really excellent; tomos Williams, Jarrod Evans, garyn Smith, Owen lane, aled summerhill, rhun Williams... Need another centre or winger to complete it but very impressed with them.

Indeed. I think Evans and Smith will never be more than regional fodder, but decent squad filler nonetheless. I can't help but look at Lane and wonder why we are persisting with Scott Williams at OC when we've got a young electric paced OC in form.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:24 pm 

Also, Ellis Jenkins has looked very good, and forgotten man of the scrumhalfs Lloyd Williams. Been impressed with the geriatric front row as well. Struggled in the early exchanges, but have started to settle it down.

In grand Cardiff fashion however, they'll likely collapse in the second half.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:24 pm 

Jeff the Bear wrote:
penguin wrote:

Indeed. I think Evans and Smith will never be more than regional fodder, but decent squad filler nonetheless. I can't help but look at Lane and wonder why we are persisting with Scott Williams at OC when we've got a young electric paced OC in form.

He does look an international in the making. Still early days though.

I think Smith is one of those guys that just makes good decisions, without being spectacular. A bit Conrad Smith light. Evans might be a little more than regional, shows moments of real class, but intermittently. Could go either way I think.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:14 pm 

Cardiff hang on in the end. The second half collapse came as expected, but just about managed to weather it.

I thought Ellis Jenkins was MOTM, showed up well in both attack and defence (and Ieuan Evans just agreed with me).

If only we could share out all that openside talent!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:16 pm 

loving the look of the cardiff outhalf... never seen him before. Young lad? potential?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:16 pm 

Great result blues. Fuckin’ safe as.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:20 pm 

nardol wrote:
loving the look of the cardiff outhalf... never seen him before. Young lad? potential?

See the conversation above. I reckon he's destined for no more than regional honours...but he's solid enough, and does recognise space well so will attack the line. Ultimately, he's the exact kind of player the regions need. Solid pro.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:33 am 

bessantj wrote:
Theflier wrote:

This is one of the biggest spakker fests I've ever seen and I'm a Dragon's fan.

Obvs not an Os fan, but the closeness of the game can in some part be down to the ref who repeatedly warned but refused to give yellows to the Kings. Why? Turns out the twat forgot his cards and did not want to fess up as the Pro14 head honchos would probably slap him. Apparently TMO realised it and scooted onto pitch with them during the game. Farcical.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10806 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 249, 250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255 ... 271  Next