Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:54 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 259, 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265 ... 303  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:15 am 

Frodder wrote:
Excellent results for the Scarlets and Blues this last weekend. Hopefully a sign of things to come for our regions

Yep, it was great to watch the Scarlets and the Blues beat their opponents. Not just slip by them with a lucky point but actually win and deserve to do so. Blues in particular with an impressive win over Edinburgh and Murrayfield.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:27 am 

bessantj wrote:
Frodder wrote:
Excellent results for the Scarlets and Blues this last weekend. Hopefully a sign of things to come for our regions

Yep, it was great to watch the Scarlets and the Blues beat their opponents. Not just slip by them with a lucky point but actually win and deserve to do so. Blues in particular with an impressive win over Edinburgh and Murrayfield.

<as Dragons fans, I feel we did our bit for the feel good factor in welsh rugby by not playing this weekend>.

Well done Scarlets and Blues. Can't wait for the semi finals.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:41 am 

I really enjoyed the Blues game, and am pleased to see them getting return for their endeavour, but I do think they are riding their luck at the moment.
To concede 14 penalties (for the second game on the trot), with a huge proportion being in their red-zone, and only have one YC to show for it could be considered quite lucky. Not many teams win games with such enormous disparity in penalty counts.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:36 am 

penguin wrote:
bessantj wrote:
Frodder wrote:

<as Dragons fans, I feel we did our bit for the feel good factor in welsh rugby by not playing this weekend>.

Well done Scarlets and Blues. Can't wait for the semi finals.

Ain't that the truth yeesh :uhoh:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:07 pm 

c69 wrote:
When is Jake Ball likely to be back?

He will be ready for the Euro semi.

We are also missing Jon Davies, Jonny McNichol and Prydie. The first two much bigger losses of course. Also Asquith looks out for most of the season with a hammy tear.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:10 pm 

I am unsure what the hell North is doing right now. Why the long wait? Determining who will be in the Champions League between the Os and the Blues could be the only reason. We know he is a Wales first and foremost kind of player, but this is taking the piss a bit.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... h-14485962

I'd love him to come to us, but think Clayton Blommetjies will serve us better during the season, but maybe not the playoffs.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:16 pm 

Excuse the intrusion gents just popping in to say congratulations on your strong showing this weekend. Great to see Welsh 'clubs' coming back.... While a little worrying at the same time :?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:32 pm 

nardol wrote:
Excuse the intrusion gents just popping in to say congratulations on your strong showing this weekend. Great to see Welsh 'clubs' coming back.... While a little worrying at the same time :?

Good showing for the Pro14. The Munster game was riveting and I was surprised by how easily Leinster seemed to beat Sarries. If Connacht could have gotten past Gloucester it would have been perfect but Gloucester are a difficult team to beat.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:13 pm 

nardol wrote:

Thnx. Here's to a prosperous and dominant Pro 14

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:19 pm 

bessantj wrote:
nardol wrote:

Good showing for the Pro14. The Munster game was riveting and I was surprised by how easily Leinster seemed to beat Sarries. If Connacht could have gotten past Gloucester it would have been perfect but Gloucester are a difficult team to beat.

With a couple of Dragons-bound welshmen in for Gloucester I sort of wanted them to progress, but I would have been so happy for Muldoon had he had a chance at a last piece of silverware before he retires.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:59 pm 

The successor to Gats looks already to be decided

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43626049

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:03 pm 

Frodder wrote:

F off, we're full!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:12 pm 

LandOTurk wrote:
Frodder wrote:

F off, we're full!

Full of racists apparently

Scarlets: Welsh region to investigate allegations of racist chants

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:21 pm 

bessantj wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
Frodder wrote:

F off, we're full!

Full of racists apparently

Scarlets: Welsh region to investigate allegations of racist chants

:lol:

So I was chatting to my mate in Llanelli over the weekend. He told me, they now know it is 5-6 guys, in their late 20s/30s, almost certainly Welsh, who behaved badly the whole game. They were using a lot of bad langauage generally, got into a scuffle with some other people and then one of them started a monkey chant as a black LaR player came near, but his mate told him to shut up and that was the end of it. By that point, another supporter called Security who just had a word. They should have got the Cops in and chucked them out. He was unsure if they were the same people who ran onto the pitch at HT and/or FT. Chav twats, but the Wail loves to jump on shit and exaggerate it/make it up as they go!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:59 pm 

It was a good weekend, last year in our game against glos, they made 12 pens in their 22 in the first half, most cynical and the ref let them off as he didnt want to make early game big calls, in the end that cost us, On the weekend, ref wrongly yc ellis, I can't see us being allowed to win tbh.

RE. the turks, good game given the injuries pre and mid game, I think they got a lucky draw, but they are nursing their own injury crisis and that mid game 6-2 fudge up as well. Following the final bath and toulon games, and when he came on against LaR, can everyone see jones at 10 and patch at 15 is the way forward for them, wish the boy would accept it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:09 pm 

Frodder wrote:

Indeed! Scarlets are definitely setting the standards at the moment fair play.

With my eye the Blues in particular the wave of younger players coming through are developing nicely, mixing them up with some of the older heads is starting to earn some results. Still got a long way to go and am creased that Danny's leaving, but he's leaving the playing side of the club in good order fair play.

Hopefully Mulverhill can work with that youth and bring a few more older heads in, then all we'll need is to sort all the off field bollocks!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:20 am 

LandOTurk wrote:
Frodder wrote:

F off, we're full!

It's going to happen LoT, you know it's true. The list of alternatives are Live fast and er......that's about it

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:23 pm 

Quote:
Dragons team to face Benetton Rugby

15 Zane Kirchner, 14 Ashton Hewitt, 13 Sam Beard, 12 Connor Edwards, 11 Jared Rosser, 10 Arwel Robson, 9 Owain Leonard; 1 Gerard Ellis, 2 Elliot Dee, 3 Lloyd Fairbrother, 4 Cory Hill ©, 5 Rynard Landman, 6 Harrison Keddie, 7 Aaron Wainwright, 8 Lewis Evans.

Replacements; Liam Belcher, Luke Garrett, Dan Suter, Joe Davies, Taine Basham, Charlie Davies, Adam Warren, Rio Dyer.

The pack looks better for having Dee, Hill, Landman in the front 5. Big test for Ellis starting at 1, but I've been impressed so far, and a little surprised at how quickly he has taken to playing loosehead.

Backs look pretty raw...just hope we can show a bit more in attack than in recent weeks.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:17 pm 

Just seen the Benetton team - strong looking XV and the likes of Negri, and Banks on the bench. I don't look forward to this with any degree of optimism.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:45 pm 

penguin wrote:
Quote:

15 Zane Kirchner, 14 Ashton Hewitt, 13 Sam Beard, 12 Connor Edwards, 11 Jared Rosser, 10 Arwel Robson, 9 Owain Leonard; 1 Gerard Ellis, 2 Elliot Dee, 3 Lloyd Fairbrother, 4 Cory Hill ©, 5 Rynard Landman, 6 Harrison Keddie, 7 Aaron Wainwright, 8 Lewis Evans.

Replacements; Liam Belcher, Luke Garrett, Dan Suter, Joe Davies, Taine Basham, Charlie Davies, Adam Warren, Rio Dyer.

The pack looks better for having Dee, Hill, Landman in the front 5. Big test for Ellis starting at 1, but I've been impressed so far, and a little surprised at how quickly he has taken to playing loosehead.

Backs look pretty raw...just hope we can show a bit more in attack than in recent weeks.

Is Henson injured or out of favour with Jackman?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:58 pm 

Saturnine wrote:
penguin wrote:
Quote:

Is Henson injured or out of favour with Jackman?

Injured...apparently. I'm sure that even if Jackman had any issues with Henson, if fit, he would still have been picking him over Zane Kirchner at 10.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:17 pm 

penguin wrote:
Quote:

Seems to be a typo Penguin. I still keeping Kirchner's names on the team. What's it supposed to say?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:22 pm 

Frodder wrote:
penguin wrote:
Quote:

Seems to be a typo Penguin. I still keeping Kirchner's names on the team. What's it supposed to say?

Cruel, but sadly accurate jibe.

I can cope with players being sh*t, but signing players when they are consistently sh*t for their previous club and then playing them, even when they are playing sh*t, and then playing them out of position so that somehow they produce a performance so sh*t it threatened to warp the fabric of space-time...that is hard to take. And presumably he is earning decent wages that we would be better off spending on locks, just to add some extra vinegar to the wound.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:57 pm 

saw benetton released marty banks, exactly the player the dragons need to be signing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:01 pm 

Theflier wrote:
saw benetton released marty banks, exactly the player the dragons need to be signing

If he can effect a South African accent he'll be a shoo-in.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:43 pm 

I think he is already set with his next team.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:12 pm 

Amazing come back from the blues given all the circumstances. The team are developing some real back bone and their character came burning through. Dead and buried at half time, out on their feet, but the second half was a fantastic effort, hats off to all fair play.

When are the pro14 going to look at the quality of the reffing, some dreadful decisions given, stroll on

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:13 pm 

Ceejay wrote:
Amazing come back from the blues given all the circumstances. The team are developing some real back bone and their character came burning through. Dead and buried at half time, out on their feet, but the second half was a fantastic effort, hats off to all fair play.

When are the pro14 going to look at the quality of the reffing, some dreadful decisions given, stroll on

I was gutted for them. If they won that they had a reasonable chance of the playoffs. From a Scarlets perspective, although we are not there yet, I would prefer Cheethas at PYS than an in form Blues.

It's an interesting end of season dash for the Champions Cup qualification. I think I am right in saying that there is no auto 1 team from each country qualification now, and that across both conferences it is top 6, excluding the saffers, with the 7th in playoff (1 or 2 games?) with an English side, right???? With Leinster, Scarlets, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Munster pretty much assured of 5 of those, it leaves Blues, Ulster, Ospreys and Benetton fighting for 1 auto and 1 playoff spot. Exciting times. Also why and English side and not a French team?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:42 pm 

LandOTurk wrote:
Ceejay wrote:

I was gutted for them. If they won that they had a reasonable chance of the playoffs. From a Scarlets perspective, although we are not there yet, I would prefer Cheethas at PYS than an in form Blues.

It's an interesting end of season dash for the Champions Cup qualification. I think I am right in saying that there is no auto 1 team from each country qualification now, and that across both conferences it is top 6, excluding the saffers, with the 7th in playoff (1 or 2 games?) with an English side, right???? With Leinster, Scarlets, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Munster pretty much assured of 5 of those, it leaves Blues, Ulster, Ospreys and Benetton fighting for 1 auto and 1 playoff spot. Exciting times. Also why and English side and not a French team?

I was talking bollox.

3.2.7 The seven Clubs that qualify to participate in the 2018/19 EPCR Champions Cup will be made up of the following:

The three highest ranked European Clubs in each conference at the end of the League Stage (South African Clubs ineligible)
The winner of a single play-off Match between the next highest ranked European Club in Conference A and the next highest ranked European Club in Conference B.
The single play-off Match will be played at the home venue of the European Club that (as between the two participating Clubs) has the most League Points at the end of the League Stage. If level on points the normal deciding criteria will apply: Points Difference, Tries Scored, Try Difference, etc

Read more at https://www.pro14rugby.org/competition- ... usM9VqW.99

So its Blues or Os for 3rd and 4th spot, and then whoever comes 4th will play in Ulster.

Currently teams lie:
Ulster P18 51Pts - Conf B
Blues P19 48Pts - Conf A
Ospreys P18 40 Pts - Conf A

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:03 am 

Ceejay wrote:

Blues and the Dragons stung today, blah.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:50 pm 

As a Blues fan I can categorically state I'm gutted

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:28 pm 

Ospreys sign Cheetahs Tight Head Tom Botha

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:16 pm 

Meh, who cares about the Pro14 anyway? How about that Newport Vs Merthyr final eh boys? :nod:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:31 pm 

Ceejay wrote:

When are the Pro 14 going to look at the quality of the reffing, some dreadful decisions given, stroll on

The problem is, there aren't any better refs. All evidence points to the fact that it is an extremely tough job, and not enough quality is being attracted to the profession (which, tbf, makes sense...as unless you are a masochist, who would want to spend their weekends being verbally abused).

I suppose what really needs to happen, alongside all those rugby outreach programs, is a rugby ref outreach program. The only issue with that is, the benefits wouldn't come on line for another 10 -15 years.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:04 am 

Whoever Biggar's agent is then he/she needs to do some searching to get out of his new contract.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:35 am 

Watched the Blues game yesterday - extraordinary comeback...especially in light of the fact their lineout was absolutely torn apart, and they had a tough day at the scrum. A great game for the neutral - Cheetahs have been a real addition to the league.

As for the Dragons - I mean FFS. I had no real hope, then they put together a first half that somehow didn't even meet those low expectations, produced a second half that was delightfully surprising...except for the fact they managed to bugger it up at the end. Bastards.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:03 pm 

Wales Online making some predictions of strongest XVs next season for each region

Quote:
DRAGONS

Jordan Williams; Hallam Amos, Tyler Morgan, Jack Dixon, Ashton Hewitt; Josh Lewis, Rhodri Williams; Ryan Bevington, Elliot Dee, Leon Brown, Cory Hill, Rynard Landman, Ross Moriarty, Harrison Keddie, Ollie Griffiths.

CARDIFF BLUES

Gareth Anscombe; Blaine Scully/George North, Rey Lee-Lo, Willis Halaholo, Owen Lane; Jarrod Evans, Tomos Williams; Gethin Jenkins, Kristian Dacey, Dillon Lewis, Seb Davies, Josh Turnbull, Josh Navidi, Nick Williams, Sam Warburton.

OSPREYS

Dan Evans; Keelan Giles, Scott Williams, Owen Watkin, George North/Jeff Hassler; Sam Davies, Aled Davies; Nicky Smith, Scott Baldwin, Tom Botha, Bradley Davies, Alun Wyn Jones, Dan Lydiate, James King, Justin Tipuric.

SCARLETS

Leigh Halfpenny; Johnny McNicholl, Jonathan Davies, Hadleigh Parkes, Steff Evans; Rhys Patchell, Gareth Davies; Rob Evans, Ken Owens, Samson Lee, Blade Thomson, Jake Ball, A. Shingler, U. Cassiem, J. Davies.

Dragons still need a lock and a better class of 10 (among other things)...but it does look better on paper. Some suggestion on gwlad that the signing that would cause a stir was Gethin, so now he has resigned at the Blues for a year, still could do with some transfer market work in that front 5.

Scarlets losing 2 monsters at the breakdown in Beirne and Barclay might find it tougher next year - good additions for when they have the ball, but perhaps not as good as when they don't have it, the purely jackalling element of it anyway?

Blues still need more quality in the front 5 again, but otherwise looking pretty decent.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:19 pm 

penguin wrote:
Wales Online making some predictions of strongest XVs next season for each region

Quote:
DRAGONS

Jordan Williams; Hallam Amos, Tyler Morgan, Jack Dixon, Ashton Hewitt; Josh Lewis, Rhodri Williams; Ryan Bevington, Elliot Dee, Leon Brown, Cory Hill, Rynard Landman, Ross Moriarty, Harrison Keddie, Ollie Griffiths.

CARDIFF BLUES

Gareth Anscombe; Blaine Scully/George North, Rey Lee-Lo, Willis Halaholo, Owen Lane; Jarrod Evans, Tomos Williams; Gethin Jenkins, Kristian Dacey, Dillon Lewis, Seb Davies, Josh Turnbull, Josh Navidi, Nick Williams, Sam Warburton.

OSPREYS

Dan Evans; Keelan Giles, Scott Williams, Owen Watkin, George North/Jeff Hassler; Sam Davies, Aled Davies; Nicky Smith, Scott Baldwin, Tom Botha, Bradley Davies, Alun Wyn Jones, Dan Lydiate, James King, Justin Tipuric.

SCARLETS

Leigh Halfpenny; Johnny McNicholl, Jonathan Davies, Hadleigh Parkes, Steff Evans; Rhys Patchell, Gareth Davies; Rob Evans, Ken Owens, Samson Lee, Blade Thomson, Jake Ball, A. Shingler, U. Cassiem, J. Davies.

Dragons still need a lock and a better class of 10 (among other things)...but it does look better on paper. Some suggestion on gwlad that the signing that would cause a stir was Gethin, so now he has resigned at the Blues for a year, still could do with some transfer market work in that front 5.

Scarlets losing 2 monsters at the breakdown in Beirne and Barclay might find it tougher next year - good additions for when they have the ball, but perhaps not as good as when they don't have it, the purely jackalling element of it anyway?

Blues still need more quality in the front 5 again, but otherwise looking pretty decent.

Those are pretty good line-ups for all of the regions tbf :thumbup: - the best it will have been for many years - and it bodes well for our strength in depth. Hopefully the upturn in form for both Ospreys & Blues continue, Scarlets maintain their current level, and the Dragons can only improve surley...

Out of all the teams - I think the Blues will have the biggest ceiling in the next few years (if Mulvhill is any good) - they have a lot of promising youngsters on their books: Owen Lane, Jarrod Evans, Tomos Williams, Rhun Williams, Dillon Lewis, Rhys Carre, Seb Davies.... one or two smart additions to that squad & you have the makings of a really good team - hopefully they sort their off-the-field politics and kick-on.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:45 pm 

P in VG wrote:
Those are pretty good line-ups for all of the regions tbf :thumbup: - the best it will have been for many years - and it bodes well for our strength in depth. Hopefully the upturn in form for both Ospreys & Blues continue, Scarlets maintain their current level, and the Dragons can only improve surley...

Out of all the teams - I think the Blues will have the biggest ceiling in the next few years (if Mulvhill is any good) - they have a lot of promising youngsters on their books: Owen Lane, Jarrod Evans, Tomos Williams, Rhun Williams, Dillon Lewis, Rhys Carre, Seb Davies.... one or two smart additions to that squad & you have the makings of a really good team - hopefully they sort their off-the-field politics and kick-on.

The academies are really doing a great job of churning out good young players - the Blues' youngsters do look like a particularly good crop. Carre looks a beast, look forward to seeing how he copes with senior rugby. If he was playing for the Dragons he'd have played about 15 times for the senior side this year.

I imagine Jason Strange is going to enjoy being the attack coach with the mix of young and old talent at his disposal there. Gutted we couldn't bring him in at the Dragons - with Connor going he would have been a great addition. Good luck to him - would think he's got a pathway to a head coach job there if he keeps impressing as he has done with the under 20s.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:45 pm 

LandOTurk wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
Ceejay wrote:

I was talking bollox.

3.2.7 The seven Clubs that qualify to participate in the 2018/19 EPCR Champions Cup will be made up of the following:

The three highest ranked European Clubs in each conference at the end of the League Stage (South African Clubs ineligible)
The winner of a single play-off Match between the next highest ranked European Club in Conference A and the next highest ranked European Club in Conference B.
The single play-off Match will be played at the home venue of the European Club that (as between the two participating Clubs) has the most League Points at the end of the League Stage. If level on points the normal deciding criteria will apply: Points Difference, Tries Scored, Try Difference, etc

Read more at https://www.pro14rugby.org/competition- ... usM9VqW.99

So its Blues or Os for 3rd and 4th spot, and then whoever comes 4th will play in Ulster.

Currently teams lie:
Ulster P18 51Pts - Conf B
Blues P19 48Pts - Conf A
Ospreys P18 40 Pts - Conf A

Yeah, bit of a creaser for the blues, a bad decision for us and losing results in an eight point swing to third place, instead of being one behind the cheetahs with two games left, we're now nine. As you say, makes for an exciting end to the season, but I'd rather have been twelve in front of the O's before playing them!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 259, 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265 ... 303  Next