Chat Forum
It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 5:17 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10798 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 266, 267, 268, 269, 270
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8770
Talking of HP. He is out of SF, but McNicol looks fit again. Swings and roundabouts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:55 pm
Posts: 820
Location: Cymru
http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/16227782.O_Brien_earns_Scarlets_move_after_Dragons_exit/?action=success#comments-feedback-anchor

Angus O'Brien signs for the Moongazers. Jackman is off my Christmas card list for letting him go. Fat bald pr*ck :frown:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8770
Not Frankie wrote:
http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/16227782.O_Brien_earns_Scarlets_move_after_Dragons_exit/?action=success#comments-feedback-anchor

Angus O'Brien signs for the Moongazers. Jackman is off my Christmas card list for letting him go. Fat bald pr*ck :frown:


Yes, I think he messed up letting him go. We'll see.

Also a Welsh qualified Aussie lock on his way to us too: Ed Kennedy.
http://www.scarlets.wales/en/news/artic ... -to-squad/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 27337
LandOTurk wrote:
Not Frankie wrote:
http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/16227782.O_Brien_earns_Scarlets_move_after_Dragons_exit/?action=success#comments-feedback-anchor

Angus O'Brien signs for the Moongazers. Jackman is off my Christmas card list for letting him go. Fat bald pr*ck :frown:


Yes, I think he messed up letting him go. We'll see.

Also a Welsh qualified Aussie lock on his way to us too: Ed Kennedy.
http://www.scarlets.wales/en/news/artic ... -to-squad/


The last Welsh qualified aussie lock was Jack Ball, and he turned out ot be a good poach...so here's hoping.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8770
Jeff the Bear wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
Not Frankie wrote:
http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/16227782.O_Brien_earns_Scarlets_move_after_Dragons_exit/?action=success#comments-feedback-anchor

Angus O'Brien signs for the Moongazers. Jackman is off my Christmas card list for letting him go. Fat bald pr*ck :frown:


Yes, I think he messed up letting him go. We'll see.

Also a Welsh qualified Aussie lock on his way to us too: Ed Kennedy.
http://www.scarlets.wales/en/news/artic ... -to-squad/


The last Welsh qualified aussie lock was Jack Ball, and he turned out ot be a good poach...so here's hoping.


Exactly what I was thinking.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19591
Channel 4 to show the Summer Tour Tests:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... s-14665400


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 4465
Location: Leafy Cheshire
eldanielfire wrote:
Channel 4 to show the Summer Tour Tests:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... s-14665400


Channel 4?! Have they ever shown Rugby before?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 7:12 pm
Posts: 2921
Ospreys sign Agrentine backrower

The Ospreys have made Argentine back rower, Guido Volpi, their latest recruit after he impressed on trial with the Region last month.

The 22-year old, who can play at number eight and blindside flanker, will join up with the squad for pre-season training ahead of the new campaign.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWJhuPN1Uao

http://www.ospreysrugby.com/News/Article/52198


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8770
Wales summer tour: Luke Charteris, Tomas Francis & Josh Adams withdrawn after Premiership objection

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/44148716

That will learn them to ply their trade outside God's country.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm
Posts: 46220
Location: In the Centre/left wing
LandOTurk wrote:
Wales summer tour: Luke Charteris, Tomas Francis & Josh Adams withdrawn after Premiership objection

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/44148716

That will learn them to ply their trade outside God's country.

What a bunch of Cnuts the Saes clubs are.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8770
LandOTurk wrote:
Wales summer tour: Luke Charteris, Tomas Francis & Josh Adams withdrawn after Premiership objection

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/44148716

That will learn them to ply their trade outside God's country.


Replacements?:

Rawlins for Charteris
Greg Bateman for Tomas
Ashton Hewitt for Josh - Lane injured


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 27337
LandOTurk wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
Wales summer tour: Luke Charteris, Tomas Francis & Josh Adams withdrawn after Premiership objection

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/44148716

That will learn them to ply their trade outside God's country.


Replacements?:

Rawlins for Charteris
Greg Bateman for Tomas
Ashton Hewitt for Josh - Lane injured


It says in the article who the replacement are:

Quote:
Rhodri Jones, Ashton Hewitt and Aaron Wainwright have been called up instead.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8770
Jeff the Bear wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
Wales summer tour: Luke Charteris, Tomas Francis & Josh Adams withdrawn after Premiership objection

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/44148716

That will learn them to ply their trade outside God's country.


Replacements?:

Rawlins for Charteris
Greg Bateman for Tomas
Ashton Hewitt for Josh - Lane injured


It says in the article who the replacement are:

Quote:
Rhodri Jones, Ashton Hewitt and Aaron Wainwright have been called up instead.


How did I miss that????


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19591
How can Premiership clubs object to a summer test series? It's a test window isn't it?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 4465
Location: Leafy Cheshire
eldanielfire wrote:
How can Premiership clubs object to a summer test series? It's a test window isn't it?


Let the Saes do their worst, the players knew the risks when collecting the money


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6269
eldanielfire wrote:
How can Premiership clubs object to a summer test series? It's a test window isn't it?


The 1st one is outside I believe.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:22 pm
Posts: 715
Who the hell is Aaron Wainwright?! - is he the new Sam Cross?

So the new messiah Jarrod has to prove himself with 1+ year of good performances, but if you're a flanker - you only have to play a handful of games for the Dragons?

Gatland is such a hypocrite


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2605
Location: Knee deep in it
c69 wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
Wales summer tour: Luke Charteris, Tomas Francis & Josh Adams withdrawn after Premiership objection

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/44148716

That will learn them to ply their trade outside God's country.

What a bunch of Cnuts the Saes clubs are.


What are you talking about?

They are well within their rights not to let their best workers go swanning off to the other side of the world to work if they don't have to.

If Wales want all their best players available, then play matches at the designated time!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6269
P in VG wrote:
Who the hell is Aaron Wainwright?! - is he the new Sam Cross?

So the new messiah Jarrod has to prove himself with 1+ year of good performances, but if you're a flanker - you only have to play a handful of games for the Dragons?

Gatland is such a hypocrite


Wainwright may have 'come from nowhere' in terms of playing for Cardiff Met just last year but he played 15 times for the Dragons this season, so harsh to compare to Cross after his 1 game call up. Wainwright was consistently dynamic, fantastic workrate, great pace, showed up well time after time...the Dragons may have been sh*t but that doesn't mean everyone playing for them was. It's not a bad call up at all.

The next cab off the rank would be Thomas Young perhaps, but he falls under the same issues as the other English based players, guys like James King and Ollie Griffiths are injured, Cracknell seems to have fallen out of favour...he's not keeping out a host of players who demanded that spot.

Jarrod Evans is a different kettle of fish. The composition of the squad is strange and I think his arguments for leaving him out were spurious.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:55 pm
Posts: 820
Location: Cymru
If he wasn't a Dragon nobody would be complaining. Drink in those bitter tears, they are my fuel 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6269
The XV of non tourers is looking pretty strong...

Gethin Jenkins vs Rob Evans
Ken Owens vs Elliot Dee
Tomas Francis vs Samson Lee
Alun Wyn Jones vs Cory Hill
Jake Ball vs Bradley Davies
Josh Navidi vs Aaron Shingler
Justin Tipuric/Sam Warburton vs Ellis Jenkins
Taulupe Faletau vs Ross Moriarty
Rhys Webb vs Gareth Davies
Dan Biggar vs Gareth Anscombe
Josh Adams vs George North
Owen Williams vs Hadleigh Parkes
Jonathan Davies vs Scott Williams
Liam Williams vs Steff Evans
Leigh Halfpenny vs Hallam Amos

It's not actually a bad 2nd XV to be fair.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:55 pm
Posts: 820
Location: Cymru
Fair play, Hartridge have done it again (I grew up here)...

Quote:
One of Wales' toughest estates has produced Welsh rugby's most successful team after fifth consecutive league title


https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... t-13811268


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 10:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:10 pm
Posts: 2459
Honestly Halfpenny is a total drain in attack. Seeing McNicholl return the ball, fending people off, creating space for others, offloading is a million miles better than what Halfpenny does. Honestly would rather Prydie in a back 3 than Halfpenny. Honestly, he isn't even that outstanding at place kicking anymore.

Honestly think that Biggar has played his last Wales game. Too much promise in Jarrod Evans, Patchell and Anscombe to ignore.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 4465
Location: Leafy Cheshire
Clive Simms wrote:
Honestly Halfpenny is a total drain in attack. Seeing McNicholl return the ball, fending people off, creating space for others, offloading is a million miles better than what Halfpenny does. Honestly would rather Prydie in a back 3 than Halfpenny. Honestly, he isn't even that outstanding at place kicking anymore.

Honestly think that Biggar has played his last Wales game. Too much promise in Jarrod Evans, Patchell and Anscombe to ignore.


That's not right as Biggar is number 1 pick and Jarrod will now be ignored unless he gets 10mins against Tonga in November.

Great result for Scarlets but the O's need a serious internal look at themselves


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6269
Frodder wrote:
Clive Simms wrote:
Honestly Halfpenny is a total drain in attack. Seeing McNicholl return the ball, fending people off, creating space for others, offloading is a million miles better than what Halfpenny does. Honestly would rather Prydie in a back 3 than Halfpenny. Honestly, he isn't even that outstanding at place kicking anymore.

Honestly think that Biggar has played his last Wales game. Too much promise in Jarrod Evans, Patchell and Anscombe to ignore.


That's not right as Biggar is number 1 pick and Jarrod will now be ignored unless he gets 10mins against Tonga in November.

Great result for Scarlets but the O's need a serious internal look at themselves


McNicholl is great to watch. Stepping into a semi final like that when you've been out for months - looked like he'd never been away. Great result, great tries - just hope they don't play in the final like they did against Leinster in the european semi!

As for the Ospreys - they were in control of that game, the pack was on the front foot for most of it, but they were so inept behind it was depressing. Everything is so stagnant. Ulster could just fly up, safe in the knowledge that the Ospreys would move the ball glacially along until they were out of space. The intercept was just the culmination.

In the 1st half the Ospreys just kept pinning them back with kicks, and it was working. The more rugby they tried to play the worse it got. Why are there never runners off the man with the ball? It's so lateral. Sherratt will get them playing better rugby in the backs, and they will look much better. Biggar's kicking from the tee was so poor. If they had just kept a lead and made Ulster work from deep I think they'd have won. As soon as they were behind enough and had to play rugby they just got worse and worse. Very depressing, but symptomatic of why they have been so poor the last year or so. North, Giles, Scott Williams, and some proper coaching and they'll look a lot better I'm sure.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 3:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 2901
Location: Newport, Gwent
Rugby player fined £1,000 for hitting referee

Quote:
A rugby player who hit a referee as a game ended has been fined £1,000 and banned from playing for 22 months.

Louis Jones, 27, of Cardiff, accused referee Karim Cosslett of cheating before jumping on his back and hitting him in the ribs.

Mr Cosslet had been officiating between Fairwater RFC, who Jones played for, and Wattstown RFC, who won the game 22-11 with a last-minute penalty.

Jones admitted assault by beating at Merthyr Magistrates Court.

The court heard Mr Cosslett had sent off a Fairwater player for violent play before awarding Wattstown a penalty in the dying seconds of the game in the Welsh Rugby Union bowl match last October.

Jones assaulted the referee while he was still on the field. Mr Cosslett shook Jones off before running for safety to the changing room to avoid further assaults.

Abuse
However Fairwater RFC players carried on abusing him, saying his decisions in the final few minutes had cost them the game.

Jones was fined £1,000, and ordered to pay £500 costs, £100 victim surcharge and £150 compensation.

The Welsh Rugby Union gave him a 96-week ban from playing.

The court heard Jones had previously been sent off for striking an opponent.

Mr Cosslett said he could not comment about the incident.

A WRU spokesman confirmed Jones had received a lengthy ban for attacking the referee in the game last October.

A spokesman said: "The WRU disciplinary panel convened on the 22nd December 2017 to review this incident.

"The player in question received a 96-week ban in accordance with WRU regulations."


Terrible and he should be banned for 22 years not months, however, this is some class reporting

Quote:
Mr Cosslet had been officiating between Fairwater RFC, who Jones played for, and Wattstown RFC, who won the game 22-11 with a last-minute penalty.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 4:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 4465
Location: Leafy Cheshire
penguin wrote:
Frodder wrote:
Clive Simms wrote:
Honestly Halfpenny is a total drain in attack. Seeing McNicholl return the ball, fending people off, creating space for others, offloading is a million miles better than what Halfpenny does. Honestly would rather Prydie in a back 3 than Halfpenny. Honestly, he isn't even that outstanding at place kicking anymore.

Honestly think that Biggar has played his last Wales game. Too much promise in Jarrod Evans, Patchell and Anscombe to ignore.


That's not right as Biggar is number 1 pick and Jarrod will now be ignored unless he gets 10mins against Tonga in November.

Great result for Scarlets but the O's need a serious internal look at themselves


McNicholl is great to watch. Stepping into a semi final like that when you've been out for months - looked like he'd never been away. Great result, great tries - just hope they don't play in the final like they did against Leinster in the european semi!

As for the Ospreys - they were in control of that game, the pack was on the front foot for most of it, but they were so inept behind it was depressing. Everything is so stagnant. Ulster could just fly up, safe in the knowledge that the Ospreys would move the ball glacially along until they were out of space. The intercept was just the culmination.

In the 1st half the Ospreys just kept pinning them back with kicks, and it was working. The more rugby they tried to play the worse it got. Why are there never runners off the man with the ball? It's so lateral. Sherratt will get them playing better rugby in the backs, and they will look much better. Biggar's kicking from the tee was so poor. If they had just kept a lead and made Ulster work from deep I think they'd have won. As soon as they were behind enough and had to play rugby they just got worse and worse. Very depressing, but symptomatic of why they have been so poor the last year or so. North, Giles, Scott Williams, and some proper coaching and they'll look a lot better I'm sure.


Biggar going to Northampton is out of the frying pan into another frying pan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 4:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6269
Frodder wrote:
penguin wrote:
Frodder wrote:
Clive Simms wrote:
Honestly Halfpenny is a total drain in attack. Seeing McNicholl return the ball, fending people off, creating space for others, offloading is a million miles better than what Halfpenny does. Honestly would rather Prydie in a back 3 than Halfpenny. Honestly, he isn't even that outstanding at place kicking anymore.

Honestly think that Biggar has played his last Wales game. Too much promise in Jarrod Evans, Patchell and Anscombe to ignore.


That's not right as Biggar is number 1 pick and Jarrod will now be ignored unless he gets 10mins against Tonga in November.

Great result for Scarlets but the O's need a serious internal look at themselves


McNicholl is great to watch. Stepping into a semi final like that when you've been out for months - looked like he'd never been away. Great result, great tries - just hope they don't play in the final like they did against Leinster in the european semi!

As for the Ospreys - they were in control of that game, the pack was on the front foot for most of it, but they were so inept behind it was depressing. Everything is so stagnant. Ulster could just fly up, safe in the knowledge that the Ospreys would move the ball glacially along until they were out of space. The intercept was just the culmination.

In the 1st half the Ospreys just kept pinning them back with kicks, and it was working. The more rugby they tried to play the worse it got. Why are there never runners off the man with the ball? It's so lateral. Sherratt will get them playing better rugby in the backs, and they will look much better. Biggar's kicking from the tee was so poor. If they had just kept a lead and made Ulster work from deep I think they'd have won. As soon as they were behind enough and had to play rugby they just got worse and worse. Very depressing, but symptomatic of why they have been so poor the last year or so. North, Giles, Scott Williams, and some proper coaching and they'll look a lot better I'm sure.


Biggar going to Northampton is out of the frying pan into another frying pan


I don't know - it's a new coach who I'm sure will get more out of them.

I'm not always Biggar's biggest fan, for all the reasons that we know and love, but the coaching of the backline has been so poor that no 10 could have created much. The loss of Matavesi as a second playmaker and strong ball carrier just outside the 10, the lack of genuine pace thanks to the loss of Walker, Giles injury, were factors, but ultimately the structure of their attack looked doomed to failure. It's sad to see how little they could create this season, often with lots of possession...they are big and strong still in the pack, but they lack dynamism, so it's all one paced, and in the backline they lack a structure that can pull defensive lines around. Sad to see.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 3:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8770
Just thinking about the Welsh backs from RWC1999 and the ones we expect in RWC2019.

Rob Howley v Gareth Davies - ADV 1999; Cawdor for all his strengths has too many weaknesses
Neil Jenkins v Dan Biggar - EVENS; not much in this - both good kickers and defenders, lack speed and attacking nous
Dafydd James v George North - ADV 2019; highly underestimated Daf but North can be a superstar again (if he went to PYS)
Scott Gibbs v Hadleigh Parkes - ADV 1999; I always thought Gibbs a little overrated but still has enough to shine over Parkes
Mark Taylor v Jonathan Davies - ADV 2019; the man who kept out the Claw, but he can't compare to the Lions Player
Gareth Thomas v Liam Williams - EVENS; each time I think about this I change my mind; so close going with a draw
Shane Howarth v Leigh Halfpenny - ADV 2019; difficult to top a fully functioning HP

So I make it head to head 2-3 in favour of 2019, BUT if I had to choose a complete set of backs, I would probably go with the 1999 version

Then comparing the Welsh backs from RWC2011 (our best to date) and the ones we expect in RWC2019.

Mike Phillips v Gareth Davies - ADV 2011; Cawdor for all his strengths has too many weaknesses
Rhys Priestland v Dan Biggar - ADV 2011; best FH Wales has had since Jiffy; too mentally soft though
George North v George North - EVENS
Jamie Robinson v Hadleigh Parkes - EVENS; the Doc was unable to show his limited skillset but was effective, as is Parkes
Jonathan Davies v Jonathan Davies - EVENS
Shane Williams v Liam Williams - ADV 2011; Wales' best ever winger?
Leigh Halfpenny v Leigh Halfpenny - EVENS

So I make it 3-0 to the 2011 team and feel it is accurate


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8770
Pro14 pecking order with natural gaps and groupings:

Leinster
Scarlets

Munster
Glasgow

Cheetahs
Edinburgh
Blues
Ulster

Ospreys
Bennetton
Connacht

Zebre
Dragons
Kings


Would you agree?

Despite this coming Saturday's result.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 4465
Location: Leafy Cheshire
LandOTurk wrote:
Just thinking about the Welsh backs from RWC1999 and the ones we expect in RWC2019.

Rob Howley v Gareth Davies - ADV 1999; Cawdor for all his strengths has too many weaknesses
Neil Jenkins v Dan Biggar - EVENS; not much in this - both good kickers and defenders, lack speed and attacking nous
Dafydd James v George North - ADV 2019; highly underestimated Daf but North can be a superstar again (if he went to PYS)
Scott Gibbs v Hadleigh Parkes - ADV 1999; I always thought Gibbs a little overrated but still has enough to shine over Parkes
Mark Taylor v Jonathan Davies - ADV 2019; the man who kept out the Claw, but he can't compare to the Lions Player
Gareth Thomas v Liam Williams - EVENS; each time I think about this I change my mind; so close going with a draw
Shane Howarth v Leigh Halfpenny - ADV 2019; difficult to top a fully functioning HP

So I make it head to head 2-3 in favour of 2019, BUT if I had to choose a complete set of backs, I would probably go with the 1999 version

Then comparing the Welsh backs from RWC2011 (our best to date) and the ones we expect in RWC2019.

Mike Phillips v Gareth Davies - ADV 2011; Cawdor for all his strengths has too many weaknesses
Rhys Priestland v Dan Biggar - ADV 2011; best FH Wales has had since Jiffy; too mentally soft though
George North v George North - EVENS
Jamie Robinson v Hadleigh Parkes - EVENS; the Doc was unable to show his limited skillset but was effective, as is Parkes
Jonathan Davies v Jonathan Davies - EVENS
Shane Williams v Liam Williams - ADV 2011; Wales' best ever winger?
Leigh Halfpenny v Leigh Halfpenny - EVENS

So I make it 3-0 to the 2011 team and feel it is accurate


I've learned here that our 2019 is underwhelming

It'll be a disgrace if Webb is not allowed to play for Wales

Also even as a Blues fan I'd take Parkes the poach over Jamie Robinson everytime


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:22 pm
Posts: 715
Frodder wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
Just thinking about the Welsh backs from RWC1999 and the ones we expect in RWC2019.

Rob Howley v Gareth Davies - ADV 1999; Cawdor for all his strengths has too many weaknesses
Neil Jenkins v Dan Biggar - EVENS; not much in this - both good kickers and defenders, lack speed and attacking nous
Dafydd James v George North - ADV 2019; highly underestimated Daf but North can be a superstar again (if he went to PYS)
Scott Gibbs v Hadleigh Parkes - ADV 1999; I always thought Gibbs a little overrated but still has enough to shine over Parkes
Mark Taylor v Jonathan Davies - ADV 2019; the man who kept out the Claw, but he can't compare to the Lions Player
Gareth Thomas v Liam Williams - EVENS; each time I think about this I change my mind; so close going with a draw
Shane Howarth v Leigh Halfpenny - ADV 2019; difficult to top a fully functioning HP

So I make it head to head 2-3 in favour of 2019, BUT if I had to choose a complete set of backs, I would probably go with the 1999 version

Then comparing the Welsh backs from RWC2011 (our best to date) and the ones we expect in RWC2019.

Mike Phillips v Gareth Davies - ADV 2011; Cawdor for all his strengths has too many weaknesses
Rhys Priestland v Dan Biggar - ADV 2011; best FH Wales has had since Jiffy; too mentally soft though
George North v George North - EVENS
Jamie Robinson v Hadleigh Parkes - EVENS; the Doc was unable to show his limited skillset but was effective, as is Parkes
Jonathan Davies v Jonathan Davies - EVENS
Shane Williams v Liam Williams - ADV 2011; Wales' best ever winger?
Leigh Halfpenny v Leigh Halfpenny - EVENS

So I make it 3-0 to the 2011 team and feel it is accurate


I've learned here that our 2019 is underwhelming

It'll be a disgrace if Webb is not allowed to play for Wales

Also even as a Blues fan I'd take Parkes the poach over Jamie Robinson everytime


I didn't realise Jamie Robinson was a doctor as well ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 3:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 7:12 pm
Posts: 2921
LandOTurk wrote:
Pro14 pecking order with natural gaps and groupings:

Leinster
Scarlets

Munster
Glasgow

Cheetahs
Edinburgh
Blues
Ulster

Ospreys
Bennetton
Connacht

Zebre
Dragons
Kings


Would you agree?

Despite this coming Saturday's result.


After Saturday`s showing I think we`re lucky not to be in the bottom group.
Saw this today . There are some tasty teams in there if they take it seriously there could be some good fixtures..


20 clubs will participate in the Challenge Cup, across five pools of four teams.

There are 18 clubs from the Aviva Premiership, Guinness PRO14 and Top14, as follows:

AVIVA PREMIERSHIP - Sale Sharks, Harlequins, Northampton Saints, Worcester Warriors, Bristol Bears

GUINNESS PRO14 - Ospreys, Benetton Rugby, Connacht, Zebre, Dragons

TOP 14 - La Rochelle, Pau, Clermont Auvergne, Bordeaux-Bègles, Agen, Stade Francais, Perpignan, Grenoble

In addition, two qualifiers from the European Rugby Continental Shield will participate:

Enisey-STM (Russia) and Heidelberger RK (Germany).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:22 pm
Posts: 715
GWO2 wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
Pro14 pecking order with natural gaps and groupings:

Leinster
Scarlets

Munster
Glasgow

Cheetahs
Edinburgh
Blues
Ulster

Ospreys
Bennetton
Connacht

Zebre
Dragons
Kings


Would you agree?

Despite this coming Saturday's result.


After Saturday`s showing I think we`re lucky not to be in the bottom group.
Saw this today . There are some tasty teams in there if they take it seriously there could be some good fixtures..


20 clubs will participate in the Challenge Cup, across five pools of four teams.

There are 18 clubs from the Aviva Premiership, Guinness PRO14 and Top14, as follows:

AVIVA PREMIERSHIP - Sale Sharks, Harlequins, Northampton Saints, Worcester Warriors, Bristol Bears

GUINNESS PRO14 - Ospreys, Benetton Rugby, Connacht, Zebre, Dragons

TOP 14 - La Rochelle, Pau, Clermont Auvergne, Bordeaux-Bègles, Agen, Stade Francais, Perpignan, Grenoble

In addition, two qualifiers from the European Rugby Continental Shield will participate:

Enisey-STM (Russia) and Heidelberger RK (Germany).


Wow - some big French giants in there! - they probably won't give a shit though


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Posts: 11969
LandOTurk wrote:
Pro14 pecking order with natural gaps and groupings:

Leinster
Scarlets

Munster
Glasgow

Cheetahs
Edinburgh
Blues
Ulster

Ospreys
Bennetton
Connacht

Zebre
Dragons
Kings


Would you agree?

Despite this coming Saturday's result.

I think I would, but I see Ediburgh overtaking Glasgow next season who's pack appears to be going backwards. They never replaced Nakarawa and strauss.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 4465
Location: Leafy Cheshire
GWO2 wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
Pro14 pecking order with natural gaps and groupings:

Leinster
Scarlets

Munster
Glasgow

Cheetahs
Edinburgh
Blues
Ulster

Ospreys
Bennetton
Connacht

Zebre
Dragons
Kings


Would you agree?

Despite this coming Saturday's result.


After Saturday`s showing I think we`re lucky not to be in the bottom group.
Saw this today . There are some tasty teams in there if they take it seriously there could be some good fixtures..


20 clubs will participate in the Challenge Cup, across five pools of four teams.

There are 18 clubs from the Aviva Premiership, Guinness PRO14 and Top14, as follows:

AVIVA PREMIERSHIP - Sale Sharks, Harlequins, Northampton Saints, Worcester Warriors, Bristol Bears

GUINNESS PRO14 - Ospreys, Benetton Rugby, Connacht, Zebre, Dragons

TOP 14 - La Rochelle, Pau, Clermont Auvergne, Bordeaux-Bègles, Agen, Stade Francais, Perpignan, Grenoble

In addition, two qualifiers from the European Rugby Continental Shield will participate:

Enisey-STM (Russia) and Heidelberger RK (Germany).


Sale Sharks,
Worcester Warriors
Bristol Bears

Good grief


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 6:16 pm
Posts: 926
LandOTurk wrote:
Just thinking about the Welsh backs from RWC1999 and the ones we expect in RWC2019.

Rob Howley v Gareth Davies - ADV 1999; Cawdor for all his strengths has too many weaknesses
Neil Jenkins v Dan Biggar - EVENS; not much in this - both good kickers and defenders, lack speed and attacking nous
Dafydd James v George North - ADV 2019; highly underestimated Daf but North can be a superstar again (if he went to PYS)
Scott Gibbs v Hadleigh Parkes - ADV 1999; I always thought Gibbs a little overrated but still has enough to shine over Parkes
Mark Taylor v Jonathan Davies - ADV 2019; the man who kept out the Claw, but he can't compare to the Lions Player
Gareth Thomas v Liam Williams - EVENS; each time I think about this I change my mind; so close going with a draw
Shane Howarth v Leigh Halfpenny - ADV 2019; difficult to top a fully functioning HP

So I make it head to head 2-3 in favour of 2019, BUT if I had to choose a complete set of backs, I would probably go with the 1999 version

Then comparing the Welsh backs from RWC2011 (our best to date) and the ones we expect in RWC2019.

Mike Phillips v Gareth Davies - ADV 2011; Cawdor for all his strengths has too many weaknesses
Rhys Priestland v Dan Biggar - ADV 2011; best FH Wales has had since Jiffy; too mentally soft though
George North v George North - EVENS
Jamie Robinson v Hadleigh Parkes - EVENS; the Doc was unable to show his limited skillset but was effective, as is Parkes
Jonathan Davies v Jonathan Davies - EVENS
Shane Williams v Liam Williams - ADV 2011; Wales' best ever winger?
Leigh Halfpenny v Leigh Halfpenny - EVENS

So I make it 3-0 to the 2011 team and feel it is accurate


McNichol and Halaholo will both be qualified by the rwc and I expect they’ll both play a role.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 41
I don't think McNichol qualifies until after the World Cup, not sure about Halaholo


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10798 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 266, 267, 268, 269, 270

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BBB, bimboman, Blackrock Bullet, camroc1, CarrotGawks, danthefan, Diabhal, DOB, earl the beaver, Ewinkum, Google Adsense [Bot], guy smiley, Liathroidigloine, Luckycharmer, malky, Margin_Walker, Mr Mike, Newby1, Nolanator, Poshprop, Santa, sewa, Snooze, tiddle, WoodlandsRFC and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group