Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:39 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11295 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 275, 276, 277, 278, 279, 280, 281 ... 283  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:53 pm 

GWO2 wrote:
I`m not talking as an Osprey supporter here, but I`m amazed how Tips can be written off or forgotten after three (pretty easy) games for the backrow. I think he is one of the most creative flankers in the world, but, I suppose out of sight is out of mind. :?

He's a brilliant player but I will say in the big hard-hitting games he does go missing a bit. When in doubt Gats (quite rightly goes to Sam). So assuming on form and fit, you have Taulupe and Warbs and then we need three things:
lineout presence: Shingler
grunt: Navidi and Moriarty - desperately needed by Wales
jacklers: Tips, Ellis and Cubby
As I see it, you choose Shingler AND Moriarty or Navidi and one of the three jacklers - Tips is still favourite
If we select 6 backrowers it is 3 from Moriarty, Navidi, Tips, Ellis and Cubby
The next 15 months injuries and form will decide. Some very good players are going to be disappointed. That's good for Wales.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:08 pm 

LandOTurk wrote:
GWO2 wrote:
I`m not talking as an Osprey supporter here, but I`m amazed how Tips can be written off or forgotten after three (pretty easy) games for the backrow. I think he is one of the most creative flankers in the world, but, I suppose out of sight is out of mind. :?

He's a brilliant player but I will say in the big hard-hitting games he does go missing a bit. When in doubt Gats (quite rightly goes to Sam). So assuming on form and fit, you have Taulupe and Warbs and then we need three things:
As I see it, you choose Shingler AND Moriarty or Navidi and one of the three jacklers - Tips is still favourite
The next 15 months injuries and form will decide. Some very good players are going to be disappointed. That's good for Wales.

Agree with your comments, but, haven`t you ever noticed how much lineout ball is taken by Tips?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:42 pm 

penguin wrote:
On a purely Dragons note - after that tour I am looking forward to a Shaun Edwards' inspired defence with Moriarty, Hibbard, Dee, Hill, Griffiths, Wainwright, Dixon in it...reckon that will be worth a fair few points this season. Should be a big step up on Marnitz' efforts.

Dee is going to beat Colin Charvis Wales try scoring record!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:42 pm 

GWO2 wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
GWO2 wrote:

Agree with your comments, but, haven`t you ever noticed how much lineout ball is taken by Tips?

Fair comment. Basically we just have lots of options.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:02 pm 

LandOTurk wrote:
GWO2 wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
GWO2 wrote:

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:12 am 

LandOTurk wrote:
GWO2 wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
GWO2 wrote:

Yes, I'm not jealous of WG trying to pick through those options. Hell we've even got options in the front 5 now

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:44 am 

Quote:
I appreciate the hate messages... when you hide behind your keyboard you maggots.

Ross Moriarty not only choking out Sanchez like a wrestler but also stealing from the WWE playbook for interacting with the crowd. I imagine him saying this with a mike in his hand, then cupping his hand to his ear to hear the boos of the crowd, lapping it up.

Maggots :lol:

I think he's going to be popular at Rodney Parade.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:47 pm 

Can't wait for him to play for the Dragons next season, hope his ban isn't too long. Thinking about the Argentinian medic getting involved, in the first test did one of the Argentinian staff also speak to the referee about a decision?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:57 pm 

bessantj wrote:
Can't wait for him to play for the Dragons next season, hope his ban isn't too long. Thinking about the Argentinian medic getting involved, in the first test did one of the Argentinian staff also speak to the referee about a decision?

I thought we'd have heard if he'd been cited by now. Has he got off with just the red card? Seems unlikely but isn't it normally 2 days after a game that we hear?

Yeah. It's certainly a different feel about the new season - from the normal 'I wonder if Pat Howard is going to ignite our backline' or 'can Boris Stankovich shore up our scrum' to 'Shaun Edwards will be working on our defence' and 'international players Dee, Hill, Moriarty, Amos coming back from a successful tour will be adding to a number of talented young signings and prospects coming through'.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:15 pm 

Red card is an automatic citing process

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:22 pm 

cubby boi wrote:

Ok, but doesn't it still get announced, with a date for the hearing?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:31 pm 

penguin wrote:
cubby boi wrote:

It's Friday, ok.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:31 pm 

LandOTurk wrote:
penguin wrote:
cubby boi wrote:

It's Friday, ok.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:59 pm 

penguin wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
penguin wrote:
cubby boi wrote:

It's Friday, ok.

Thanks.

Come on chaps, let's get #freemoriarty trending on twitter!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:26 pm 

Just say he's Irish. That should see him ok

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:28 pm 

It'll be a long un, and shows moriarty is terribly easy to wind up, our very own similar.
Not to say the rg bastard didnt deserve it

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:08 pm 

Theflier wrote:
It'll be a long un, and shows moriarty is terribly easy to wind up, our very own similar.
Not to say the rg bastard didnt deserve it

Almost positive by your standards. Welcome back to humanity. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:01 pm 

Reminds of his uncle.......a class A1 nutter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:21 pm 

Frodder wrote:

Well Paul wasn't against some unnecessary violence either.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:02 pm 

bessantj wrote:
Frodder wrote:

Well Paul wasn't against some unnecessary violence either.

Particularly against Llanelli.

I'm no pancake expert, but I know a tosser when I see one. Dick by name, dick by nature.

I remember he was disgusted when his brother Paul became Llanelli's forward coach. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:49 pm 

European Groups

Scarlets, Racing 92, Leicester, Ulster
Blues, Saracens, Glasgow, Lyon

Ospreys, Stade, Pau, Worcester
Dragons, Clermont, Northampton, Timisoara Saracens (Romanian team)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:57 pm 

youngsidd wrote:
European Groups

Scarlets, Racing 92, Leicester, Ulster
Blues, Saracens, Glasgow, Lyon

Ospreys, Stade, Pau, Worcester
Dragons, Clermont, Northampton, Timisoara Saracens (Romanian team)

A lot of artificial pitches in the Blues group - high points scoring likely so good shot of qualifying via 2nd? Tough group though.

Scarlets have got a challenge there, but they can do it I reckon. Ospreys - no idea. They may be weaker than a few years back but they've still got enough to get that group.

Dragons have got some fun fixtures - I look forward to European aristocrats getting the full Rodney Parade experience.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:08 pm 

Can't speak for Lyon barely watch the top 14. But Glasgow are going down the toilet faster than lead shit. A kind schedule (Lyon away once/if there out, last) could see us sneak a placing 2nd??? Dragons are going to get butt f**ked

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:17 pm 

Theflier wrote:
Can't speak for Lyon barely watch the top 14. But Glasgow are going down the toilet faster than lead shit. A kind schedule (Lyon away once/if there out, last) could see us sneak a placing 2nd??? Dragons are going to get butt f**ked

I didn't realise you were on our marketing team this year?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:21 pm 

penguin wrote:
Theflier wrote:

Isn't your marketing team jackman in cafes around cwmbran, and on twitter a la trump?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:28 pm 

Theflier wrote:
penguin wrote:
Theflier wrote:

Isn't your marketing team jackman in cafes around cwmbran, and on twitter a la trump?

That's only one part of the marketing pyramid - we also have a team of tramps shambling around Gwent shouting 'Dragons' at random passers by. It's an innovative bold approach...and only costs us in special brew.

We also have Dragons season ticket prices tattooed on the faces of anyone who passes out drunk in Newport pubs. This will have the dual effect of creating some viral news when they wake up, and realise that the needles were not properly sterilised.

It's going to be a great season.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:32 pm 

Not a bad draw - I reckon Scarlets, Blues & Ospreys have a decent chance of getting out of their groups if they play well.

There are no easy groups in the Heineken cup anymore (with it being only 20 teams & no Italian teams this year)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:54 pm 

Scarlets & Ospreys groups look fun. Blues going to have to fight hard and they can. Though the Pro12 will be more important thats a good group for the new look Dragons.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:56 pm 

bessantj wrote:
Scarlets & Ospreys groups look fun. Blues going to have to fight hard and they can. Though the Pro12 will be more important thats a good group for the new look Dragons.

You've got to wonder if Clermont will give a sh*t about the 2nd tier comp? Northampton might be a different proposition next season but they were genuinely woeful at times last year...so there is a glimmer of hope that we can do something again this year. Of course that does require us to be better than we were too but that seems likely to me.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:10 pm 

penguin wrote:
bessantj wrote:

You've got to wonder if Clermont will give a sh*t about the 2nd tier comp? Northampton might be a different proposition next season but they were genuinely woeful at times last year...so there is a glimmer of hope that we can do something again this year. Of course that does require us to be better than we were too but that seems likely to me.

You would have to think that Clermont will be targeting a good season in the Top 14 to get back in the Champion's Cup, if they have a terrible season they may decide to give the European Cup a real go to paper over the cracks. The Saints as you have said have been a bit shit recently and the Romanian side should be two wins. But mostly they provide very different opposition to what the Dragons will be facing in the Pro12, teams which they have faced many times before.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:10 pm 

Quote:
Ross Moriarty has been handed a four-week suspension after his sending off for foul play in the second Test between Argentina and Wales.

Quote:
It means Moriarty only misses that one competitive match but will play no part in pre-season games against Northampton, Ealing and Gloucester.

Nice.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:12 pm 

Great news, if he brings half his Welsh form to the Dragons he'll be ripping it up and choking bitches all over town.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:14 pm 

Just realised the Blues beat Lyon twice last year so revenge games aplenty!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:20 pm 

bessantj wrote:
Great news, if he brings half his Welsh form to the Dragons he'll be ripping it up and choking bitches all over town.

It really is. We really need a good start to the season to get some momentum going, and him, in form as he is, is a presence that the team can be built behind.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:26 pm 

penguin wrote:
bessantj wrote:

It really is. We really need a good start to the season to get some momentum going, and him, in form as he is, is a presence that the team can be built behind.

Agreed, with their returning players and if Amos can be a leader in the backs as well then maybe the Dragons can actually do something. I'm not expecting miracles, the majority of Pro12 teams still have better squads than the Dragons but they have to have a better season than last season.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:31 pm 

bessantj wrote:
penguin wrote:
bessantj wrote:

Agreed, with their returning players and if Amos can be a leader in the backs as well then maybe the Dragons can actually do something. I'm not expecting miracles, the majority of Pro12 teams still have better squads than the Dragons but they have to have a better season than last season.

I said a page or two back that a Shaun Edwards based defence with Dee, Hill, Wainwright, Griffiths, Moriarty is going to make life very uncomfortable for some teams. I think there are some young guys like Joe Davies, Keddie, Brown who will enjoy it too, and will look better for the aggression that his defensive systems bring. Question is whether they'll gel early enough for the feel good factor to build or will they still be in the 'getting to know you' phase. Early results are vital.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:44 pm 

penguin wrote:
bessantj wrote:
penguin wrote:
bessantj wrote:

I said a page or two back that a Shaun Edwards based defence with Dee, Hill, Wainwright, Griffiths, Moriarty is going to make life very uncomfortable for some teams. I think there are some young guys like Joe Davies, Keddie, Brown who will enjoy it too, and will look better for the aggression that his defensive systems bring. Question is whether they'll gel early enough for the feel good factor to build or will they still be in the 'getting to know you' phase. Early results are vital.

What would really make me happy is them winning some fùcking Welsh derbies.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:52 pm 

bessantj wrote:
penguin wrote:
bessantj wrote:
penguin wrote:
bessantj wrote:

What would really make me happy is them winning some fùcking Welsh derbies.

Aye. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:00 pm 

I love Lyon.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:47 pm 

penguin wrote:
Quote:
Ross Moriarty has been handed a four-week suspension after his sending off for foul play in the second Test between Argentina and Wales.

Quote:
It means Moriarty only misses that one competitive match but will play no part in pre-season games against Northampton, Ealing and Gloucester.

Nice.

Moriarty's got away with murder there. Almost literally.

I will never moan about citing panels being anti-welsh again. 4 weeks for attempted murder, fudge me :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11295 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 275, 276, 277, 278, 279, 280, 281 ... 283  Next