Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 298, 299, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304 ... 312  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:34 am 

I was not disappointed

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:39 am 

Clive Simms wrote:
I was not disappointed

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:56 am 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:57 am 

Dragons team to face Timisoara Saracens

Quote:
Dragons: Z Kirchner, D Howells, T Morgan, J Sage, A Warren, J Lewis, T Knoyle, B Harris, E Dee, L Brown, M Screech, L Evans, O Griffiths, N Cudd, R Moriarty.

Replacements: R Lawrence, A Jarvis, L Fairbrother, C Hill, H Taylor, R Davies, J Williams, W Talbot-Davies.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:51 pm 

Good to see Kirchner back

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:19 pm 

Frodder wrote:
Good to see Kirchner back

Bastard.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:38 pm 

Although I understand the idea, throwing our first game in the ECC isn't a great look and I'm unsure it'll benefit us. We beat Lyon here earlier this year, and if we have any ambitions we may have to win 2 away games to qualify given sarries will probably beat us home and away.
Still, considering the weather, we don't really have a chance either way

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:44 pm 

Theflier wrote:
Although I understand the idea, throwing our first game in the ECC isn't a great look and I'm unsure it'll benefit us. We beat Lyon here earlier this year, and if we have any ambitions we may have to win 2 away games to qualify given sarries will probably beat us home and away.
Still, considering the weather, we don't really have a chance either way

Seems to be set up to run them off their feet - get all those 7s turning ball over and then hit them on the counter...but you might need to look away when the first scrum occurs. Turnbull has done well as a second row, but with Cook in there as well that looks pretty lightweight. Maybe if you are getting pumped there then you can send in Manoa as a second row, bring on Arhip, and that might right it.

I wouldn't describe it as throwing a game but it is a risky strategy starting without so many of the big units.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:00 pm 

Kid A wrote:
Gavin Henson

Out of interest KidA, what do you use to make your gifs?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:16 pm 

penguin wrote:

Quote:
Dragons: Z Kirchner, D Howells, T Morgan, J Sage, A Warren, J Lewis, T Knoyle, B Harris, E Dee, L Brown, M Screech, L Evans, O Griffiths, N Cudd, R Moriarty.

Replacements: R Lawrence, A Jarvis, L Fairbrother, C Hill, H Taylor, R Davies, J Williams, W Talbot-Davies.

Glad he hasn't gone completely lightweight on the pack.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:30 pm 

bessantj wrote:
penguin wrote:

Quote:

When I saw that he was going with Evans in the second row I did start to worry...but it does look alright. I don't think that you can get away with a back row in the second row that often, they have to be pretty big to start with. Lewis is under 17 stone (16 stone 7 according to wikipedia), someone like Josh Turnbull is closer to 17 and a half. That's still not heavy by lock standards but it's a fair difference.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:34 pm 

LandOTurk wrote:
Kid A wrote:
Gavin Henson

Gyazo
Giffing Tool
IMGFlip

Mostly. Loads of tools online.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:40 pm 

Kid A wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
Kid A wrote:
Gavin Henson

Gyazo
Giffing Tool
IMGFlip

Mostly. Loads of tools online.

Ok, cheers. So I put this together using gyzmo but how do you insert the gif?

https://gyazo.com/6461f47ae497273c360b882a34be0506

Img?

url?
https://gyazo.com/6461f47ae497273c360b882a34be0506

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:14 pm 

penguin wrote:
bessantj wrote:
penguin wrote:

Quote:

When I saw that he was going with Evans in the second row I did start to worry...but it does look alright. I don't think that you can get away with a back row in the second row that often, they have to be pretty big to start with. Lewis is under 17 stone (16 stone 7 according to wikipedia), someone like Josh Turnbull is closer to 17 and a half. That's still not heavy by lock standards but it's a fair difference.

Lewis is one of the weaker links in the pack but they have cover on the bench, so I'm guessing Jackman has what passes for a plan in his mind. You're right about the difference though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:10 pm 

GWO2 wrote:
bessantj wrote:
As a Dragons supporter I doubt I ever agreed to that.

In honour of the new poster who's a Pontypridd supporter which is everyones local team? Mine is, unsurprisingly, Newport RFC. Also I lived in Duffryn for eleven years where the Newport Saracans play.

Think yourself lucky. I`m an ex Swansea S/T holder. Sad days with worse to come probably. :(

Missed this from a few pages back but what has happened to Swansea RFC? They should be much better than they are considering the area they can pull players from and their legacy.

Also the Ebbw Vale v Cross Keys game is on S4C tomorrow!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:17 pm 

Watching Rory Pitman playing for Cardiff (not starting though). A shame to see

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:44 pm 

Frodder wrote:

He did start in Jersey 26. Gareth Charles explained there wasnt a shirt with a single digit big enough for him

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:46 pm 

bessantj wrote:
GWO2 wrote:
bessantj wrote:
As a Dragons supporter I doubt I ever agreed to that.

In honour of the new poster who's a Pontypridd supporter which is everyones local team? Mine is, unsurprisingly, Newport RFC. Also I lived in Duffryn for eleven years where the Newport Saracans play.

Think yourself lucky. I`m an ex Swansea S/T holder. Sad days with worse to come probably. :(

Missed this from a few pages back but what has happened to Swansea RFC? They should be much better than they are considering the area they can pull players from and their legacy.

Also the Ebbw Vale v Cross Keys game is on S4C tomorrow!!!!

They don`t seem to get much help from the Ospreys these days in respect of players compared to other teams

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:56 pm 

Clive Simms wrote:
Frodder wrote:

He did start in Jersey 26. Gareth Charles explained there wasnt a shirt with a single digit big enough for him

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:52 pm 

54-17 decent enough win for the Dragons.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:22 pm 

Ospreys get the BP win but they laboured for it a little. Pau not putting up much of a fight.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:50 pm 

bessantj wrote:
Ospreys get the BP win but they laboured for it a little. Pau not putting up much of a fight.

Pau`s defence was pretty good for most of the game, It was practically all Ospreys. From memory they got into our 22 3 maybe four times throughout the game

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:19 pm 

GWO2 wrote:
bessantj wrote:

Pau`s defence was pretty good for most of the game, It was practically all Ospreys. From memory they got into our 22 3 maybe four times throughout the game

Ospreys helped the Pau defence with a somewhat muted attack.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:43 am 

just seen a gif of Angus' injury. Didn't notice at the time, but there's 3-4 scarlets AND racing players telling the ref quite clearly to stop play. Pretty disgusting by what was a poor ref to let that go.
A safe challenge in the air is a YC these days, but an actual injury is play on. Refs have to be among the thickest of us.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:09 pm 

Well the english are getting there own back, cardiff reffed out of the game wihtin 5 minutes, bullshit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:31 pm 

And then random fijian winger #354 knocks the ball into the dead ball, no yellow card.

Shouldn't win, can't win

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:59 pm 

bessantj wrote:
GWO2 wrote:
bessantj wrote:

Ospreys helped the Pau defence with a somewhat muted attack.

True, but that Luke Morgan got some pace. He had no right to score his try down the touch line beating two Pau players. Fastest mover I`ve seen this year. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:06 pm 

I'll await the official JtB round-up but Cardiff were, I think, the only team to come out covered in glory this weekend?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:10 pm 

Short Man Syndrome wrote:
I'll await the official JtB round-up but Cardiff were, I think, the only team to come out covered in glory this weekend?

Safe to say they were the stand out this week. Scarlets could of and perhaps should have won their match. Thought Ospreys looked very comfortable and can only hope the rest of their group goes as well. Dragons put on a tidy bunch of points on their groups whipping boys.
Blues :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Ospreys & Dragons :thumbup:
Scarlets :thumbdown:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:14 pm 

bessantj wrote:
Short Man Syndrome wrote:

Safe to say they were the stand out this week. Scarlets could of and perhaps should have won their match. Thought Ospreys looked very comfortable and can only hope the rest of their group goes as well. Dragons put on a tidy bunch of points on their groups whipping boys.
Blues :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Ospreys & Dragons :thumbup:
Scarlets :thumbdown:

Nice one. That rating chart is the world turned upside down!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:27 pm 

Scarlets might be struggling in the centre at Welford Road next Friday

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:47 pm 

Happy as a happy thing....haven't seen anything of the game. How good was Anscombe's try?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:54 pm 

Frodder wrote:
Happy as a happy thing....haven't seen anything of the game. How good was Anscombe's try?

Delightful, aided by some legal yet tactical placement of being by some teammates. Carved straight through, swerved and rounded fullback whilst flicking the V's at the wing. You'll enjoy.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:57 pm 

Kid A wrote:

JD cited for shaking hands with Hadeigh post Racing game no doubt. FFS who is it one or both?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:01 pm 

LandOTurk wrote:
Kid A wrote:

JD cited for shaking hands with Hadeigh post Racing game no doubt. FFS who is it one or both?

Fox I think. He's touch and go.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:02 pm 

Frodder wrote:

It was okay, very similar to the ospreys one, or the leinster one, or the toulouse one, or the scarlets one etc

Apparently the squad is name tomorrow.
Assuming Anscombe, Tomos, Lewis etc are all selected I would like to see Lane and Smith selected as well. Smith has developed into a very good "glue" player, the defensively tight and very capable attacking man all good centres should be, doesn't get a lot of chances at the blues, but given we have him I'd be surprised if Lee-lo is replaced when he retires.
I also would like Jarrod in, and my preference would be Anscombe to start and Evans to come on with Anscombe shifting to Fb, seems to be our best set up
This one will tickle some feathers, but assuming behind ball and AWJ we have beard or hill or BD, I'd like to see Cook as well, far from as underpowered as thornton(who remains the single worst signing we've made in 3 years as is the achilles heel of our attack) and is fab in the wide channels.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:04 pm 

And a word for beck. He was never an international player, but seems he's broken his leg again. rotten luck

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:04 pm 

Theflier wrote:
And a word for beck. He was never an international player, but seems he's broken his leg again. rotten luck

He would have been an international player if it weren't for his rotten luck. Superb footballer.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:18 pm 

Kid A wrote:
Theflier wrote:

He would have been an international player if it weren't for his rotten luck. Superb footballer.

Always thought he was too slow, like Scott post injury slow. But then again, I can't remember his early career and maybe he was quick enough at some point

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:28 pm 

Frodder wrote:

Judge for yourself:

https://twitter.com/btsportrugby/status ... 2814518272

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 298, 299, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304 ... 312  Next