Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14900 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 365, 366, 367, 368, 369, 370, 371 ... 373  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 8:04 pm 

Well enough people here are excited that their side might win a humiliating season in the Champion's Cup.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:33 pm 

Of all the welsh teams the ospreys would have by far the best chance, next year their team should shit on the rest, obviously the big weaknesses are at 2, 3, 8 and 9 but the quality elsewhere make them formidable, every year further from the Tandy era, the better they'll be.

Moriarty would be a big signing for them.

Elsewhere my beloved Cardiff are looking pretty destitute in post Uncle Peter life, I fear for our future finances

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:51 pm 

Theflier wrote:
Of all the welsh teams the ospreys would have by far the best chance, next year their team should shit on the rest, obviously the big weaknesses are at 2, 3, 8 and 9 but the quality elsewhere make them formidable, every year further from the Tandy era, the better they'll be.

Elsewhere my beloved Cardiff are looking pretty destitute in post Uncle Peter life, I fear for our future finances

Since Beirne left, and Ball has gone off the boil the Scarlets have looked a shadow of their former selves. It's an old adage, but true nonetheless, but forwards decide who win the game, and the Ospreys currently have the best pack (that is, if they can keep hold of AWJ).

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:02 pm 

Jeff the Bear wrote:
Theflier wrote:

Since Beirne left, and Ball has gone off the boil the Scarlets have looked a shadow of their former selves. It's an old adage, but true nonetheless, but forwards decide who win the game, and the Ospreys currently have the best pack (that is, if they can keep hold of AWJ).

Throw in Lee being one hell of an overrated player and Kens carrying as effective as my nan bringing her shopping home.

Their backs should be good value too, Anscombe, TTW, Scott, North and Evans has great skill, power and defensive class about it, though they need a centre to own the number 13, ridiculously, Cory Allen has looked the pick on this seasons form

It would be criminal if the scarlets end up in the big boys cup

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:06 pm 

Do we know if the play off is going to be televised? And if so where and when?

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 11:12 pm 

bessantj wrote:
Do we know if the play off is going to be televised? And if so where and when?

If it`s televised it will be on Premier sport I think. 18th May 7.45 pm.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 4:15 pm 

Been and got my ticket before some unwashed Turk could get my seat. :P

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:19 pm 

GWO2 wrote:

I bet you don't even wipe your bum. ;)

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:07 pm 

LandOTurk wrote:
GWO2 wrote:

I would sh*t on it if it would guarantee a Turk couldn`t sit on it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
( I could never sit there again if I thought one of the great unwashed had sat there. :P )

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:27 pm 

GWO2 wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
GWO2 wrote:

I would sh*t on it if it would guarantee a Turk couldn`t sit on it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
( I could never sit there again if I thought one of the great unwashed had sat there. :P )

What a charming individual you are.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:34 pm 

Scarlets may be without James Davies, Rob Evans, Wyn Jones and Samson Lee. None are fully fit.

That means Dylan Evans may be at 1 with Werner Kruger at 3. That is a seriously weak propping department at scrum time.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 3:48 pm 

Kid A wrote:
Scarlets may be without James Davies, Rob Evans, Wyn Jones and Samson Lee. None are fully fit.

That means Dylan Evans may be at 1 with Werner Kruger at 3. That is a seriously weak propping department at scrum time.

James Davies - out but I do like the look of Dan Davis
Rob Evs - out and known about it for over a month
Wyn Jones - absolute disaster because the next up is a step or three down
Samson Lee - Kruger is a more than adequate replacement - but the bench is now weak
Kieron Fonota - also sounds out
Aaron Shingler - hasn't played in 12 months; major concern

Jake Ball - back at last
Blade Thomson - also available

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:28 pm 

We need to talk about Plaid Cymru...

How can they simultaneously argue that being a member of a large group of countries like the EU makes Wales and/or Britain stronger, but being a part of a nation of four states makes us weaker?

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:45 pm 

Crash_12 wrote:

How can they simultaneously argue that being a member of a large group of countries like the EU makes Wales and/or Britain stronger, but being a part of a nation of four states makes us weaker?

Because being lapdogs to the Saes is shit. Rather be in a union of 28 than one of xenohobic mongrals,

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:39 am 

So we're bringing in politics in order to boost our page count..........nice tactic

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:11 am 

Crash_12 wrote:

That's always the oxymoron of current nationalism trends. They'll pretend it's not out of hate either.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:13 am 

To get it back onto rugby. Here is Dean Ryan talking about how awesome the Dragons are going to be next year!

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:14 am 

bessantj wrote:

After that signing, are you starting to come round to my opinion on the IQ levels of the average Welshman?

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:15 am 

Theflier wrote:
bessantj wrote:

After that signing, are you starting to come round to my opinion on the IQ levels of the average Welshman?

A post most unworthy of you.

EDIT: Though if it was the average IQ of WRU and Dragons board members then you're probably spot on.

Last edited by bessantj on Wed May 15, 2019 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:43 am 

bessantj wrote:

Mediocrity is within our grasp! What a time to be alive...

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:12 am 

penguin wrote:
bessantj wrote:

Imagine the Dragons being described as "alright, I guess." Almost makes you cry.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:26 am 

bessantj wrote:
penguin wrote:
bessantj wrote:

Imagine the Dragons being described as "alright, I guess." Almost makes you cry.

Winning a game away? Dare we dream of such things?

Actually what Ryan has said is 'unlikely to be many signings, going to take time, patience needed'...so probably 6 wins next season.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:28 am 

penguin wrote:
bessantj wrote:
penguin wrote:
bessantj wrote:

Actually what Ryan has said is 'unlikely to be many signings, going to take time, patience needed'...so probably 6 wins next season.

One more than this season so an improvement of 20% :nod:

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:37 am 

bessantj wrote:
penguin wrote:
bessantj wrote:
penguin wrote:
bessantj wrote:

One more than this season so an improvement of 20% :nod:

And at that rate (4 two seasons ago, 5 this, 6 next season) we're going to make the playoffs in...<mashes calculator pad> sometime in the late 2020s. By which time the Pro14 will be the Pro 44 and we'll be in the 3rd Tier competition playing the likes of Timisoara Saracens, the Ottawa Ospreys and the Antananarivo Lemurs.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:46 am 

Do they need to be any better, get the same handouts from the union still be in the Pro 14, there is no penalty for failing , so is there a real need to be better.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 12:54 pm 

Jimcardiff wrote:
Do they need to be any better, get the same handouts from the union still be in the Pro 14, there is no penalty for failing , so is there a real need to be better.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:00 pm 

Kid A wrote:
Jimcardiff wrote:

I suppose that's easier than answering the question.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:24 pm 

penguin wrote:
And at that rate (4 two seasons ago, 5 this, 6 next season) we're going to make the playoffs in...<mashes calculator pad> sometime in the late 2020s. By which time the Pro14 will be the Pro 44 and we'll be in the 3rd Tier competition playing the likes of Timisoara Saracens, the Ottawa Ospreys and the Antananarivo Lemurs.

An away day v the Nissan Shibau Inu will be very popular.

Jimcardiff wrote:

I suppose it depends on how much ambition they have. they may not get less money when failing but success will bring more money.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:30 pm 

I see nothing in these Dragons statements that give me much hope for the future. A case of more of the same. Our desire to rise to mediocrity will continue...

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:31 pm 

With our regions we usually start the season confident before reality sets in after 2/3 weeks. However this time we've grasped reality for next season before this one has ended.

Well done all :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:35 pm 

Frodder wrote:
With our regions we usually start the season confident before reality sets in after 2/3 weeks. However this time we've grasped reality for next season before this one has ended.

Planning for failure is not failure of planning.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:41 pm 

bessantj wrote:
penguin wrote:

An away day v the Nissan Shibau Inu will be very popular.

Jimcardiff wrote:

I suppose it depends on how much ambition they have. they may not get less money when failing but success will bring more money.

Depends on the level of success , I suppose, for the Dragons not being the bottom Welsh side would be aiming very high.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:28 pm 

Jimcardiff wrote:
bessantj wrote:
Jimcardiff wrote:

Depends on the level of success , I suppose, for the Dragons not being the bottom Welsh side would be aiming very high.

Just making the Dragons harder to beat would be a start. The amount of games the Dragons shipped 30+ points (let alone 40+ and 50+) is embarrassing.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:33 pm 

bessantj wrote:
Jimcardiff wrote:
bessantj wrote:
Jimcardiff wrote:

Just making the Dragons harder to beat would be a start. The amount of games the Dragons shipped 30+ points (let alone 40+ and 50+) is embarrassing.

I disagree - I think we should always concede around 30-40 points, but play a Baabaas style rugby to try and score from anywhere on the park. More entertainment, more tries and none of the dangerous expectations that would come with improving attack and defence.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:40 pm 

Frodder wrote:

we've got the world cup to look forward to - won't have to worry about club rugby until mid-November

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:41 pm 

penguin wrote:
bessantj wrote:
Jimcardiff wrote:
bessantj wrote:
Jimcardiff wrote:

I disagree - I think we should always concede around 30-40 points, but play a Baabaas style rugby to try and score from anywhere on the park. More entertainment, more tries and none of the dangerous expectations that would come with improving attack and defence.

You've hit on something here. Picking a team from every player on the planet would be a help.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:46 pm 

bessantj wrote:
You've hit on something here. Picking a team from every player on the planet would be a help.

My plan involves a lot of Fijians.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 4:39 pm 

Must admit this had me sweating, but, he`s signed at last. All we need now is AWJ to do the same.

Nicky Smith is the fourth member of this year's squad to commit their future to the Region, signing a long term deal to remain an Osprey until 2023
Part of the Wales squad that won the Grand Slam this year, he made his 100th appearance for the Ospreys earlier this season
Former Pentrehafod School pupil Smith grew up within 10 minutes walk of the Liberty Stadium
He follows Dan Evans, Luke Morgan and Cory Allen in signing new deal

http://www.ospreysrugby.com/News/Article/54483

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:07 pm 

GWO2 wrote:
Must admit this had me sweating, but, he`s signed at last. All we need now is AWJ to do the same.

Nicky Smith is the fourth member of this year's squad to commit their future to the Region, signing a long term deal to remain an Osprey until 2023
Part of the Wales squad that won the Grand Slam this year, he made his 100th appearance for the Ospreys earlier this season
Former Pentrehafod School pupil Smith grew up within 10 minutes walk of the Liberty Stadium

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:17 pm 

GWO2 wrote:

Hopefully AWJ signs soon, good to know all the nonsense from the season hasn't caused everyone to leave.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14900 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 365, 366, 367, 368, 369, 370, 371 ... 373  Next