Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14905 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 366, 367, 368, 369, 370, 371, 372, 373  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:18 pm 

I guess we now know where the 2+2+1+1 is

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:16 pm 

Theflier wrote:

God, I wish I wasn`t so thick and so slow, but, what the feck does that mean? :blush: :blush: :blush:

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:06 pm 

GWO2 wrote:
Theflier wrote:

God, I wish I wasn`t so thick and so slow, but, what the feck does that mean? :blush: :blush: :blush:

It's 6 mate.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:27 am 

Still seem to be a lot of rumours about Sam Davies switching to us at the Dragons. I wonder if the hiring of Dean Ryan will be enough to persuade him it's worth a punt. I imagine he's waiting for the result of the game this Saturday. Even if he doesn't play all the time, Champions Cup rugby has to be a huge draw. Only takes an injury to Anscombe at a key time and he's playing top level rugby and giving himself a springboard to re-start his career. I guess I should support the Scarlets this weekend.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:59 pm 

Sanity wins through. Nick Williams stays at blues

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:23 pm 

penguin wrote:
Still seem to be a lot of rumours about Sam Davies switching to us at the Dragons. I wonder if the hiring of Dean Ryan will be enough to persuade him it's worth a punt. I imagine he's waiting for the result of the game this Saturday. Even if he doesn't play all the time, Champions Cup rugby has to be a huge draw. Only takes an injury to Anscombe at a key time and he's playing top level rugby and giving himself a springboard to re-start his career. I guess I should support the Scarlets this weekend.

Anything behind these rumours about Moriarty joining Ospreys?

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:30 pm 

GWO2 wrote:
penguin wrote:

I'd take that swap every day of the week...and twice on Sundays!

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:50 am 

Jeff the Bear wrote:
GWO2 wrote:
penguin wrote:

I'd take that swap every day of the week...and twice on Sundays!

I have heard it too for 5-6 weeks now, but most of the rumours for all the regions the past few months have not been overly accurate. I do think Sam Davies will leave the Os for the Ds and reckon you will have to wait another year for Moriarty. If Shingler doesn't make a comeback, I'd expect we will go for him then too.

Generally, taking on a Welsh rugby squad member in RWC year is not financially astute. You'll hardly see him. How does it work if a regional squad member plays for Wales? Does the region get compensated. I should know this. Do we know if the WRU pays more to the regions during a RWC year given their time away will be much greater (even taking into consideration there are no AIs in 2019)?

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:57 am 

I don't know how close (or not) these deals are. I haven't seen my regular source of reliable rumour on these things for a bit.

In a way it would be a good swap for both sides - our backrow is rarely the problem for us, and Moriarty is obviously expensive for what we will get in the next year, even if he's fully fit. Sam Davies would be greater value for money and in a position where we could do with reinforcement. Worst case scenario is Ospreys win this Saturday, which convinces Sam Davies to stay as understudy and Moriarty signs for the Ospreys too.

I think we'll see decisions pretty quickly once the game is done this Saturday - I'd imagine that that would be a critical factor in any deals being made.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:26 am 

Dragons are currently paying a tenth of their entire playing budget on Moriarty, for what reason? he's hardly excelled. As useful as a carrier is, £450k will buy you a very, very good southern hemisphere carrier, who will always be available, and lets be honets, probably would be far better.

Do you see what I mean when I say we inflate wages in wales of welsh players?

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:29 am 

Theflier wrote:
Dragons are currently paying a tenth of their entire playing budget on Moriarty, for what reason? he's hardly excelled. As useful as a carrier is, £450k will buy you a very, very good southern hemisphere carrier, who will always be available, and lets be honets, probably would be far better.

Agreed.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:34 am 

Theflier wrote:

But it does keep those players in Wales - which benefits the Welsh team.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:06 pm 

Quote:
Ospreys: Dan Evans; George North, Cory Allen, Owen Watkin, Keelan Giles; Sam Davies, Aled Davies; Nicky Smith, Scott Baldwin, Tom Botha, Adam Beard, Alun Wyn Jones, Olly Cracknell, Justin Tipuric (capt), Dan Lydiate.

Replacements: Sam Parry, Rhodri Jones, Ma'afu Fia, Bradley Davies, Sam Cross, Matthew Aubrey, Luke Price, Hanno Dirksen.

Scarlets: Leigh Halfpenny; Johnny McNicholl, Jonathan Davies, Hadleigh Parkes, Ioan Nicholas; Dan Jones, Gareth Davies; Phil Price, Ken Owens (capt), Werner Kruger, Jake Ball, Steve Cummins, Josh Macleod, Will Boyde, Blade Thomson.

Replacements: Ryan Elias, Wyn Jones, Simon Gardiner, David Bulbring, Uzair Cassiem, Kieran Hardy, Rhys Patchell, Paul Asquith.

Lydiate at 8? Patchell out of the starting line up again. Price at loosehead ahead of Wyn Jones (presumably still not 100%). Should be fun...as a neutral.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:10 pm 

penguin wrote:
Quote:
Ospreys: Dan Evans; George North, Cory Allen, Owen Watkin, Keelan Giles; Sam Davies, Aled Davies; Nicky Smith, Scott Baldwin, Tom Botha, Adam Beard, Alun Wyn Jones, Olly Cracknell, Justin Tipuric (capt), Dan Lydiate.

Replacements: Sam Parry, Rhodri Jones, Ma'afu Fia, Bradley Davies, Sam Cross, Matthew Aubrey, Luke Price, Hanno Dirksen.

Scarlets: Leigh Halfpenny; Johnny McNicholl, Jonathan Davies, Hadleigh Parkes, Ioan Nicholas; Dan Jones, Gareth Davies; Phil Price, Ken Owens (capt), Werner Kruger, Jake Ball, Steve Cummins, Josh Macleod, Will Boyde, Blade Thomson.

Replacements: Ryan Elias, Wyn Jones, Simon Gardiner, David Bulbring, Uzair Cassiem, Kieran Hardy, Rhys Patchell, Paul Asquith.

Lydiate at 8? Patchell out of the starting line up again. Price at loosehead ahead of Wyn Jones (presumably still not 100%). Should be fun...as a neutral.

Looking forward to the 'West is best' derby

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:15 pm 

Scarlets shaping up for an audacious bid of Jarrod Evans I reckon. Patchells a 15 who cant catch under pressure and Dan Jones is a high flying semi pro

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:37 pm 

Theflier wrote:
Scarlets shaping up for an audacious bid of Jarrod Evans I reckon. Patchells a 15 who cant catch under pressure and Dan Jones is a high flying semi pro

Well they can GTFO.....we're not losing the Golden Child to anyone. The Scarlets can play at Parkes at 10 again, that was good for a laugh

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:46 pm 

Theflier wrote:

Not sure where you get that from? Let's see how Jarrod does over the next couple of years before he is anointed as the one true fly-half!

Does anyone have the playing budgets of the 4 regions? I have seen it before but forgotten it. I think we now have the most on £7.1M I believe.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:12 pm 

LandOTurk wrote:
Theflier wrote:

Not sure where you get that from? Let's see how Jarrod does over the next couple of years before he is anointed as the one true fly-half!

Does anyone have the playing budgets of the 4 regions? I have seen it before but forgotten it. I think we now have the most on £7.1M I believe.

Patchell and Dan Jones being shit, your current Coach being able to dictate which players the blues can and can't sign which in turn results in the blues having less cash.

Evidently Patchells wales career post WC is dead, Pivac blocking the blues from signing williams because he wants them to have boyde as he likes him and feels bad he's cut him from the books.

All this now takes in the scarlets to use their higher cash flow to pitch Jarrod a higher price, circle continues, Cardiff keep getting screwed.

Sooner Wayne Pivac and his merry men are out of welsh rugby, the better.
He was shit when he arrived, he had one good season thanks to season long singing and injury fortune the likes I've never seen and he's shit now.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:22 pm 

Theflier wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
Theflier wrote:

Patchell and Dan Jones being shit, your current Coach being able to dictate which players the blues can and can't sign which in turn results in the blues having less cash.

Evidently Patchells wales career post WC is dead, Pivac blocking the blues from signing williams because he wants them to have boyde as he likes him and feels bad he's cut him from the books.

All this now takes in the scarlets to use their higher cash flow to pitch Jarrod a higher price, circle continues, Cardiff keep getting screwed.

He was shit when he arrived, he had one good season thanks to season long singing and injury fortune the likes I've never seen and he's shit now.

How the circle has turned! :lol: You tossers have been the chequebook charlie's of Welsh rugby for decades poaching the bet from the west - Barry John, Gareth Edwards, Gerald Davies, Gareth Davies just to name a few... get fcuked!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:40 pm 

LandOTurk wrote:
Theflier wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
Theflier wrote:

How the circle has turned! :lol: You tossers have been the chequebook charlie's of Welsh rugby for decades poaching the bet from the west - Barry John, Gareth Edwards, Gerald Davies, Gareth Davies just to name a few... get fcuked!!!

That's Cardiff RFC, not the Cardiff Blues, but TheFlier and most of his plastic mates wouldn't know that, they certainly don't know the difference on the terraces when you hear nothing but " Cardiff... Cardiff... Cardiff..." being chanted, the RFC and Blues are one and the same thing, region my ar*e, as artificial as it's pitch.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 4:00 pm 

LandOTurk wrote:
Theflier wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
Theflier wrote:

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 7:24 pm 

Llanelli RFC v Pontypool RFC on BBC2 currently. Can't even find a stream. Nervous times for us turks. Today and tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 7:27 pm 

LandOTurk wrote:
Llanelli RFC v Pontypool RFC on BBC2 currently. Can't even find a stream. Nervous times for us turks. Today and tomorrow.

20' and 0-0.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 7:49 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nigel Owens
"You`ve lost the ball Scarlets uuummm Llanelli."

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 7:59 pm 

LandOTurk wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:

20' and 0-0.

HT: Llanelli 7-6 Pontypool. Turks score converted try in the corner with last play of the half. Earlier had a try disallowed too after ball dropped going over the line. Couldn't be closer.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:14 pm 

LandOTurk wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:

20' and 0-0.

HT: Llanelli 7-6 Pontypool. Turks score converted try in the corner with last play of the half. Earlier had a try disallowed too after ball dropped going over the line. Couldn't be closer.

Would have been closer if he hadn`t dropped it over the line then pretended he`d hurt his arm to get off the field and hide his shame. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:29 pm 

GWO2 wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:

20' and 0-0.

Would have been closer if he hadn`t dropped it over the line then pretended he`d hurt his arm to get off the field and hide his shame. :lol: :lol:

60" and its 13-9 to Llanelli.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:45 pm 

LandOTurk wrote:
GWO2 wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:

20' and 0-0.

60" and its 13-9 to Llanelli.

Minutes to go and Llanelli up 27-9.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:55 pm 

Yes!!!

One down, one to go.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:21 pm 

Theflier wrote:

The problem with Moriarty is that he doesn't suit the Dragons crap style of play.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:57 pm 

RGC1404 hammer Cardiff in the last match of the season 63-24. Are there play offs this season?

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:50 pm 

Ospreys v Scarlets is looking tense...good first half.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 10:58 pm 

Well done Ospreys. Seems that you are still the top Welsh region. :P

What a happy chappy I am. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 11:52 pm 

GWO2 wrote:
Well done Ospreys. Seems that you are still the top Welsh region. :P

What a happy chappy I am. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's like a royal 'we'.

cnut

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 11:54 pm 

On a positive note, one of the few times I put Wales above the Scarlets, at least it looks like no major injury pre RWC. I was very nervous of that.

A season to forget.

What season?

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 12:06 am 

LandOTurk wrote:
On a positive note, one of the few times I put Wales above the Scarlets, at least it looks like no major injury pre RWC. I was very nervous of that.

A season to forget.

What season?

The season you lost to the Dragons at the Principality :nod:

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:18 am 

Anyone else wonder how many games Scarlets might have won this season with Steff Evans on the wing rather than Ioan Nicholas? Nothing against Nicholas, seems a perfectly decent player, but he hasn't got the same game breaking ability.

On Saturday I felt like having another genuine wide threat might have at least stressed the Ospreys defence a little more - they looked comfortable for long periods, and Mcnicholl can't do it all on his own.

On a positive note, it was good to see the Ospreys actually attack like they were trying to score points, some of Sam Davies' flat passing in traffic was very good, until he had that dodgy spell in the second half and was rightly hoicked off. Dan Evans as ever was excellent, Owen Watkin gave a reminder why he's been around the welsh squad so much and outplayed Hadleigh by some distance. Would have loved to have seen more from Keelan Giles - kid can't seem to get a break. I enjoyed the game but would have been even better had the Scarlets been able to go up a gear in attack. Been missing that confidence and mojo for a while, just hope Mooar gets it going next season.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:38 am 

Thought that myself and with 1/2p not the most attacking of FB's it leaves 1 of the back 3 as a threat. Watkin was excellent and he looks to be the future. Just hoping Lane gets some game time for the RWC warm up games.

Now Pivac has left the Scarlets Steff will get a run but the backline seems to have lost its zip. There's always next year for our regions before despair sets in after 3 weeks

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:35 am 

Frodder wrote:
Thought that myself and with 1/2p not the most attacking of FB's it leaves 1 of the back 3 as a threat. Watkin was excellent and he looks to be the future. Just hoping Lane gets some game time for the RWC warm up games.

Now Pivac has left the Scarlets Steff will get a run but the backline seems to have lost its zip. There's always next year for our regions before despair sets in after 3 weeks

1/2p's tackle on Giles was a gem. Was surprised he got to him to be honest. But other than one break (which was admittedly pretty good) 1/2p needs to be counter balanced by greater attacking threats. Scarlets are a team with too many players out of form - Parkes is nowhere near his best, Jonathan Davies is not shining, Gareth Davies isn't sniping like he can do, Patchell can barely get picked...so 1/2p at FB just adds to the lack of spark any time the ball isn't with McNicholl.

Disappointing season for them but they'll bounce back.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:54 am 

Sam Wainwright, 21 year old tighthead from RGC, joining Saracens. I remember seeing him at under 20 level without really making a big impression, but if Saracens have signed him he must have something about him. Not a bad learning experience for him, hopefully they turn him into another option for Wales.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/48327110

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14905 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 366, 367, 368, 369, 370, 371, 372, 373  Next