Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14900 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 367, 368, 369, 370, 371, 372, 373  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 2:44 pm 

penguin wrote:
Sam Wainwright, 21 year old tighthead from RGC, joining Saracens. I remember seeing him at under 20 level without really making a big impression, but if Saracens have signed him he must have something about him. Not a bad learning experience for him, hopefully they turn him into another option for Wales.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/48327110

Not sure what's in it for Saracens but hey is they improve him as a player why not. Good luck to the lad

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 3:15 pm 

Boyde to Blues confirmed. Good luck to him. Not sure if he'll get as much game time for the Blues but he's a strong squad member.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:14 pm 

penguin wrote:
Boyde to Blues confirmed. Good luck to him. Not sure if he'll get as much game time for the Blues but he's a strong squad member.

Good to hear he's staying in Wales :thumbup:

Blues have got decent backrow stocks now:

- N Williams
- Ellis Jenkins
- Navidi
- Robinson
- Boyde
- Turnbull
- Lewis-Hughes & Botham as young prospects

Decent Loose-head, Hooker and 2nd Row needed & they should be all set

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:21 pm 

Only just caught up with the comments on the Osprey V Scarlets game. Disappointed there was no mention of the tremendous effort Lydiate put in for the full 80mins. He really did well seeing as he has been out for so long.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:12 pm 

GWO2 wrote:
Only just caught up with the comments on the Osprey V Scarlets game. Disappointed there was no mention of the tremendous effort Lydiate put in for the full 80mins. He really did well seeing as he has been out for so long.

He was the tallest dwarf.

Absolutely dreadful game, strewn with errors. 40-60 minutes the rugby was as bad as I've seen from any pro outfit.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:43 pm 

Crash_12 wrote:
GWO2 wrote:

Absolutely dreadful game, strewn with errors. 40-60 minutes the rugby was as bad as I've seen from any pro outfit.

:|
Do you know anything about rugby or do you just like rattling your gums?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:25 pm 

God knows why we've signed boyde, no doubt pivac influenced.
Also no idea why scarlets released him, then again why do the scarlets do anything

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:49 pm 

GWO2 wrote:
Crash_12 wrote:
GWO2 wrote:

:|
Do you know anything about rugby or do you just like rattling your gums?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

How about you point out which part of my post is wrong or you disagree with rather than an ad hominem attack?

Tell us again how you’d shit on a seat to stop a Turk from having it you piss soaked old fart.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:50 pm 

Theflier wrote:
Also no idea why scarlets released him, then again why do the scarlets do anything

He’ll be a useful squad player no doubt, Ellis and Navidi are a bit fragile and Big Nick long in the tooth.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:25 pm 

Scarlets will be back on top next year.

Mooar and Delaney are streets ahead of any other coaching set up in Wales :lol: .

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:51 pm 

Clive Simms wrote:

Mooar and Delaney are streets ahead of any other coaching set up in Wales :lol: .

On the field this year we have been awful. Off the field we are some way ahead of the other 3.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:58 pm 

Crash_12 wrote:
GWO2 wrote:

Pro14 has been an afterthought this season amongst many people i know due to the channel it's been put on. I can't recall watching one full game this season. A serious bollock has been dropped.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:10 pm 

LandOTurk wrote:
Clive Simms wrote:

On the field this year we have been awful. Off the field we are some way ahead of the other 3.

Odd that, give a team long term assurance they'll have one of the highest playing budgets in the British isles and money problems stop existing...

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:34 pm 

We will be back flier mark my words.

Mary-Ann's finger is hurting
David the servant is not well
The baby in the crib is crying
The cat has scraped small Johnny

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:03 am 

Dougie wrote:
Pro14 has been an afterthought this season amongst many people i know due to the channel it's been put on. I can't recall watching one full game this season. A serious bollock has been dropped.

By who?

How much money did you contribute to the 4 regions before, compared to now?

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:07 am 

Theflier wrote:
Also no idea why scarlets released him

Because they have a budget to keep to, have plenty of options at 6 and 7 and have had to replace Bulbring, keep Dan Davis, resign Gareth Davies etc

They can't keep every player. They're not Leinster.

Last edited by Kid A on Wed May 22, 2019 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:51 am 

Does anyone know how much money the WRU/Regions get from the Premier Sports deal?

Dougie wrote:

You should keep an eye out on Premier Sport Free, they'll often have games and S4C shows games as well.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:11 am 

bessantj wrote:
Does anyone know how much money the WRU/Regions get from the Premier Sports deal?

Reports said at the time of the deal that each Welsh region would get £2m compared to the previous £1m due to the Premier Sports deal.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:16 am 

Kid A wrote:
bessantj wrote:

Reports said at the time of the deal that each Welsh region would get £2m compared to the previous £1m due to the Premier Sports deal.

I knew it was more I just didn't know how much more. Premier Sports have said they're very happy with the subscription rates from the Pro14 so with any luck this will continue and come renegotiation they can get more.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:34 am 

bessantj wrote:
Kid A wrote:
bessantj wrote:

I knew it was more I just didn't know how much more. Premier Sports have said they're very happy with the subscription rates from the Pro14 so with any luck this will continue and come renegotiation they can get more.

The money is welcome, and Premier Sports are clearly doing well as they now have la liga, serie a and the copa america soccer thingy. Some of their rugby coverage is a bit weak though.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:44 am 

Premier Sports rugby coverage is a fecking abortion.
Cnuts.....

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:38 pm 

Kid A wrote:
bessantj wrote:
Kid A wrote:
bessantj wrote:

The money is welcome, and Premier Sports are clearly doing well as they now have la liga, serie a and the copa america soccer thingy. Some of their rugby coverage is a bit weak though.

Agreed, but as you say, the money.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:21 pm 

c69 wrote:
Cnuts.....

On the upside it should have boosted attendances for the regions - has it? Also more visibility to club rugby via the BBC which I like with a nice glass of red

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:49 pm 

Frodder wrote:
c69 wrote:
Cnuts.....

On the upside it should have boosted attendances for the regions - has it? Also more visibility to club rugby via the BBC which I like with a nice glass of red

Yeah, I've enjoyed seeing the premiership on TV.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:42 am 

Tom James parting ways with the Blues - 32 years old and still wants to play, wonder if someone will come in for him. After his struggles with mental health it would be great to see him get out there professionally again.

He may not have been the complete winger, but I always loved watching him go on those mazy runs - hope someone picks him up. Good luck to him.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:00 am 

penguin wrote:
Tom James parting ways with the Blues - 32 years old and still wants to play, wonder if someone will come in for him. After his struggles with mental health it would be great to see him get out there professionally again.

He may not have been the complete winger, but I always loved watching him go on those mazy runs - hope someone picks him up. Good luck to him.

Merthyr want him apparently.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 10:56 am 

Frodder wrote:
c69 wrote:
Cnuts.....

Regions attendances have gone down haven't they? But it has been good to see the club game get love.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 8:00 am 

I missed most of the Friday Prem games other than those at Sardis rd , where to me it looked like the attendance was down a bit , got no figures to back this up , just looking around.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 2:56 pm 

Callum Sheedy named in an England XV v BaaBaas. It's uncapped.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 6:29 pm 

LandOTurk wrote:
Callum Sheedy named in an England XV v BaaBaas. It's uncapped.

Pulls out of an u20's game so he's not tied to the land of his birth, played for the micks at 7's and now called up for the saes. He's undoubtedly not committed to wanting to play for us, if he was he'd have played already. People have called Anscombe a journey man - at least he's committed to us, this lad hasn't and is unlikely to. Put it in a box and mark it must do better with young players in the future and then move on, we're fairly well off for 10's at the moment too.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 8:57 am 

He's certainly adept at keeping his options open, and no doubt England would give him the greatest earning potential, without having to leave Bristol. I'd have thought that of the three countries he was qualified for that England would be the weakest on the 'heart' element of the equation as he's only qualified through residency. I can perfectly understand why he would choose Ireland over Wales - both parents are Irish. I'm sure that would be a huge influence on how he felt about his own nationality. Can't imagine he grew up cheering on England though, may well have cheered on both Wales and Ireland...the question is who he supported when we played each other? I would guess Ireland, and maybe that will be the telling factor in the end.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 9:30 am 

I remember him being shit when I said the ospreys should sign him, now he's the second coming of Carter.. fudge me, why does anyone even argue with me about rugby??

Sheedys a good smart lad, not like most Welsh, his best option is to throw in with the Irish and become their fly half for the next 10 years, and they'd be smart too, with Clancy,lacy and brace not making the rwc, mitrea and nige soon to retire, they'll need all the help they can get, and it's always good to help charitable causes

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 4:25 pm 

Quote:
The Guinness PRO14 grand final is to be staged in Wales for the first time, with the Cardiff City Stadium hosting next season’s showpiece.

In the ten years it’s been up and running, the final has only been played in Ireland or Scotland, with Glasgow’s Celtic Park the setting last weekend.

About bloody time! Let's hope we can get a welsh team in it...

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 5:00 pm 

Theflier wrote:
I remember him being shit when I said the ospreys should sign him, now he's the second coming of Carter.. fudge me, why does anyone even argue with me about rugby??

Sheedys a good smart lad, not like most Welsh, his best option is to throw in with the Irish and become their fly half for the next 10 years, and they'd be smart too, with Clancy,lacy and brace not making the rwc, mitrea and nige soon to retire, they'll need all the help they can get, and it's always good to help charitable causes

Where, in either of the two posts that reference him, has anyone referred to his qualities as a player?

He's half-decent, no more.

You're a master at making shit up. I bet you voted for Farage and his mob in the EU elections, didn't you?

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:59 pm 

penguin wrote:
Quote:
The Guinness PRO14 grand final is to be staged in Wales for the first time, with the Cardiff City Stadium hosting next season’s showpiece.

In the ten years it’s been up and running, the final has only been played in Ireland or Scotland, with Glasgow’s Celtic Park the setting last weekend.

Only the QF at best (but not this year) Os qualified. No chance.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 8:08 pm 

Saturnine wrote:
Theflier wrote:

Where, in either of the two posts that reference him, has anyone referred to his qualities as a player?

You're a master at making shit up. I bet you voted for Farage and his mob in the EU elections, didn't you?

You and notfrankie really are the chuckle brothers of newport aren't you?

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 10:35 pm 

LandOTurk wrote:
penguin wrote:
Quote:

Only the QF at best (but not this year) Os qualified. No chance.

As much of a chance as your Bottlers. :P :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 9:55 am 

Theflier wrote:
Saturnine wrote:
Theflier wrote:

You and notfrankie really are the chuckle brothers of newport aren't you?

Newport?? :lol: :lol:

You're confusing me with someone else, sunshine. Mind you, you do seem permanently confused.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 7:03 pm 

Sam Davies joins the Dragons as he finally makes decision over future :((

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... cAHJab2Uj8

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 8:01 pm 

GWO2 wrote:
Sam Davies joins the Dragons as he finally makes decision over future :((

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... cAHJab2Uj8

*Desperately tries to hide a grin* I'm sorry for your loss.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14900 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 367, 368, 369, 370, 371, 372, 373  Next