Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:00 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 375, 376, 377, 378, 379, 380, 381, 382  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:01 pm 

My team for Sunday

15 - 1/2p (get him back in the saddle)
14- Adams
13 - Watkin (why not)
12 - Parkes
11 - Lane (give him a bash)
10 - Biggar
9 - Tomos (see Watkin)

1 - Smith
2 - Dee
3 - Samsung
4 - Ball
5 - Hill
6 - Shingler (if fit and needs game time)
7 - Cubby
8 - Navidi

Subs: A load of 1st teamers

A line-up that stop our winning run but won't get thumped

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:15 pm 

New guy wrote:
Theflier wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
Theflier wrote:
Navidis my first choice 8 regardless of faletaus status, stronger ball in hand, stronger tight carrier, stronger over the ball. The only thing you may lose is power in the scrum and stopping big men on the gainline due to size. Then again the way he cut big Joe Tekori down i'm not worried

Cannonball ken to play #8

Fcuk me mate. You and your Blues player bias. :uhoh:

If you got married, I am sure on the wedding night you'd get one of the Blues players to pump your wife because they would do it better than anyone else, yourself included. :lol:

Am i wrong?

Please, tell me more about how great internationals steff evans, patchell and james davies will make...

idiot

I dont know why I'm bothering but Navidi isn't a better 8 than Faletau.

Nor is Moriarty before anybody starts that up again.

Agreed. But's it's sadly academic for this world cup now.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:27 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
New guy wrote:
Theflier wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
Theflier wrote:
Navidis my first choice 8 regardless of faletaus status, stronger ball in hand, stronger tight carrier, stronger over the ball. The only thing you may lose is power in the scrum and stopping big men on the gainline due to size. Then again the way he cut big Joe Tekori down i'm not worried

Cannonball ken to play #8

Fcuk me mate. You and your Blues player bias. :uhoh:

If you got married, I am sure on the wedding night you'd get one of the Blues players to pump your wife because they would do it better than anyone else, yourself included. :lol:

Am i wrong?

Please, tell me more about how great internationals steff evans, patchell and james davies will make...

idiot

I dont know why I'm bothering but Navidi isn't a better 8 than Faletau.

Nor is Moriarty before anybody starts that up again.

Yes. Simple question - would Gats pick Moriarty or Navidi before Taulupe as a #8 for the Lions? No.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:36 pm 

LandOTurk wrote:

Yes. Simple question - would Gats pick Moriarty or Navidi before Taulupe as a #8 for the Lions? No.[/quote]

I agree.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:33 pm 

Navidi is a great player, solid defence. Faletaus absence will be more noted in wider play.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:02 pm 

DragsterDriver wrote:
Navidi is a great player, solid defence. Faletaus absence will be more noted in wider play.

Watch who delivers the pass for the two final tries when we lost to Ireland last year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQw0ZRUMWzM&t=284s

Navidis a fine loose player

He man shamed the entire kiwi team with his carrying last time we played them,

Its the webb scenario over again with faletau

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:19 pm 

Theflier wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:

Watch who delivers the pass for the two final tries when we lost to Ireland last year

Navidi and Anscombe- how utterly irrelevant to this discussion. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:49 pm 

LandOTurk wrote:
Theflier wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:

What are you talking about? anscombe isn't on the field in the plays i'm referencing, and the response was about an area of navidis game which was supposedly missing.

james davies and patchells regression has hit you hard in west wales I see

utter moron

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:04 pm 

Theflier wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
Theflier wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:

What are you talking about? anscombe isn't on the field in the plays i'm referencing, and the response was about an area of navidis game which was supposedly missing.

james davies and patchells regression has hit you hard in west wales I see

utter moron

Watch who delivers the pass for the two final tries

4:44 Navidi passes to Steff
5:01 Anscombe passes to Stockdale

I'm fine with Navidi's all round game. But taking a snippet as proof he is better than Faletau is nonsense, Mr Blue Tinted Glasses.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:20 pm 

The last 2 tries Wales scored were Navidi as the last passer and nobody said our Josh is a better 8 than (not) Toby.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:35 pm 

Frodder wrote:
The last 2 tries Wales scored were Navidi as the last passer and nobody said our Josh is a better 8 than (not) Toby.

;)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:42 pm 

Frodder wrote:
My team for Sunday

15 - 1/2p (get him back in the saddle)
14- Adams
13 - Watkin (why not)
12 - Parkes
11 - Lane (give him a bash)
10 - Biggar
9 - Tomos (see Watkin)

1 - Smith
2 - Dee
3 - Samsung
4 - Ball
5 - Hill
6 - Shingler (if fit and needs game time)
7 - Cubby
8 - Navidi

Subs: A load of 1st teamers

A line-up that stop our winning run but won't get thumped

Similar to what I'd pick.

Might as well just chuck the ball about and try to score some tries. The result is completely irrelevant.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:37 am 

or practice the game plans that will be played in the RWC , that's what I would have them do , but not all of them in every game .

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:54 pm 

Jimcardiff wrote:
or practice the game plans that will be played in the RWC , that's what I would have them do , but not all of them in every game .

Maybe in the last 2 games but 4 matches of full on Gatlandball before we even get to Japan sounds risky.

I'd honestly rather see us run everything, throw various offloads and speculative passes and lose by 10 points while scoring tries than grind England down and beat them by a penalty.

Let's just get a bit of match sharpness.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:18 pm 

You get the feeling that Wales will be defending a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:54 pm 

I dont know why but I think Wales will be a lot more attacking in this WC than we have seen of late from them .

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:23 pm 

Jimcardiff wrote:
I dont know why but I think Wales will be a lot more attacking in this WC than we have seen of late from them .

Do you think this recent "come on then." approach to the game Wales have been playing will give way to a "classic France! on cocaine approach for the world cup?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:37 pm 

It's all part of the double bluff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:53 pm 

Jimcardiff wrote:

I think so too. We will still have the defence as our core, but Gats always adds something. And this time it will be the attack. I think our 2nd choice FR could improve in the scrum, so I hope they have worked on that. Also, with Taulupe now gone, Shingler is nearly certain to travel and so will shore up our lineout. Looking good.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:45 pm 

bessantj wrote:
Jimcardiff wrote:

Do you think this recent "come on then." approach to the game Wales have been playing will give way to a "classic France! on cocaine approach for the world cup?

just more than we have been , show the world 1 game then play another ,kind of thing , or do I just exaggerate your comment to form the basis of reasonable debate.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:57 am 

Jimcardiff wrote:
bessantj wrote:
Jimcardiff wrote:

Do you think this recent "come on then." approach to the game Wales have been playing will give way to a "classic France" on cocaine approach for the world cup?

Just more than we have been, show the world 1 game then play another kind of thing, or do I just exaggerate your comment to form the basis of reasonable debate?

I wouldn't mind if they went a bit nuts and did baabaas style rugby for a game. It'll be interesting to see what they do over the four games, there's certainly plenty of scope to experiment with formations and styles. They've been so effective over the last couple of years playing the way they have it will be interesting to see what they do to break out of that style and bring something fresh.

EDIT: Who was it in the Wales camp that said Wales want to win all four games? I don't think they had that attitude last time round. I wonder if it's a thing they'll actually try and do or just some bluster for the press.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:14 pm 

Ospreys off to a new stadium then?

Ospreys could be set for a shock move away from the Liberty Stadium

Quote:
The former league champions have played out of the 21,000-seater home they share with Swansea City since the ground opened in 2005, having previously been at St Helen’s and The Gnoll.

However, we have been told talks are under way about the possibility of the Ospreys switching their playing base to a state-of-the art new venue just off junction 43 of the M4 at Llandarcy.

They are hoping the plans will be approved.

It is believed the proposals would involve a compact new stadium being constructed with a capacity of between 10,000 and 12,000.

The Liberty is viewed as an extraordinary venue by many at the Ospreys, but its much larger size means the Welsh region struggle to even half-fill their ground.

A stadium with so many empty seats can make for a less than electric atmosphere on match days, and for regular-season games in the Guinness PRO14 last term the Ospreys averaged crowds of 7,283.

That kind of gate in a smaller venue would create a much better vibe.

That's not a bad idea. How hard will it be to get to?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:57 pm 

bessantj wrote:
Jimcardiff wrote:
bessantj wrote:
Jimcardiff wrote:

Do you think this recent "come on then." approach to the game Wales have been playing will give way to a "classic France" on cocaine approach for the world cup?

Just more than we have been, show the world 1 game then play another kind of thing, or do I just exaggerate your comment to form the basis of reasonable debate?

I wouldn't mind if they went a bit nuts and did baabaas style rugby for a game. It'll be interesting to see what they do over the four games, there's certainly plenty of scope to experiment with formations and styles. They've been so effective over the last couple of years playing the way they have it will be interesting to see what they do to break out of that style and bring something fresh.

EDIT: Who was it in the Wales camp that said Wales want to win all four games? I don't think they had that attitude last time round. I wonder if it's a thing they'll actually try and do or just some bluster for the press.

It was McBryde. I think they do have that attitude. Wales' attack will be better, but if you are expecting all out 7s then you will be disappointed. It will be mainly more of the same we saw the past 14 games.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:59 pm 

When is the team for Sunday announced?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:02 pm 

c69 wrote:
When is the team for Sunday announced?

Monday. Part of Gats' sneaky tactics to unsettle Eddie.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:01 am 

Quote:
Wales name team to face England
Wales: Liam Williams; George North, Jonathan Davies, Hadleigh Parkes, Josh Adams; Gareth Anscombe, Gareth Davies; Nicky Smith, Ken Owen, Tomas Francis; Adam Beard, Alun Wyn Jones (C); Aaron Wainwright, Justin Tipuric, Ross Moriarty.

Subs: Elliot Dee, Wyn Jones, Dillon Lewis, Jake Ball, Aaron Shingler, Tomos Williams, Dan Biggar, Owen Watkin.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:02 am 

Gone hard first up. Pretty much the 1st XV.

Great to see Shingler on the bench.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:21 am 

Total contrast to the Saes who have gone for a very mixed line up

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:28 am 

Frodder wrote:

Yeah. It's interesting. Heinz at 9, Francis at 12...two proper 7s in the backrow.

If we played a mixed team, and lost, you'd say it doesn't matter...it's just testing the squad. But we're putting out about our best team, give or take, so it becomes a more psychologically important game.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:36 am 

penguin wrote:
Frodder wrote:

Yeah. It's interesting. Heinz at 9, Francis at 12...two proper 7s in the backrow.

If we played a mixed team, and lost, you'd say it doesn't matter...it's just testing the squad. But we're putting out about our best team, give or take, so it becomes a more psychologically important game.

To some extent, I'm sure Gatland won't play all his cards and this is about getting the team into Rugby fitness and in the patterns and routines. If the team does certain things correctly as expected Gatland will be happy regardless of result.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:45 am 

Blimey. Gats has put out pretty much a full strength team.

But no Navidi. Is there a problem there?

Wales team:

Liam Williams (Saracens) (55 Caps); George North (Ospreys) (83 Caps), Jonathan Davies (Scarlets) (73 Caps), Hadleigh Parkes (Scarlets) (15 Caps), Josh Adams (Cardiff Blues) (10 Caps); Gareth Anscombe (Ospreys) (26 Caps), Gareth Davies (Scarlets) (41 Caps); Nicky Smith (Ospreys) (28 Caps), Ken Owens (Scarlets) (64 Caps), Tomas Francis (Exeter Chiefs) (40 Caps), Adam Beard (Ospreys) (13 Caps), Alun Wyn Jones (Capt, Ospreys) (125 Caps), Aaron Wainwright (Dragons) (8 Caps), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys) (64 Caps), Ross Moriarty (Dragons) (31 Caps).

Replacements: Elliot Dee (Dragons) (18 Caps),17. Wyn Jones (Scarlets) (12 Caps), Dillon Lewis (Cardiff Blues) (12 Caps), Jake Ball (Scarlets) (32 Caps), Aaron Shingler (Scarlets) (17 Caps), Tomos Williams (Cardiff Blues) (7 Caps), Dan Biggar (Northampton Saints) (70 Caps), Owen Watkin (Ospreys) (13 Caps).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:49 am 

I like that back row actually.

Navidi will start at 8 next weekend I imagine, with Shingler and Davies at 6 and 7.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:51 am 

Would like to see that back line throwing the ball about a bit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:53 am 

dolly wrote:

Wales team:

Liam Williams (Saracens) (55 Caps); George North (Ospreys) (83 Caps), Jonathan Davies (Scarlets) (73 Caps), Hadleigh Parkes (Scarlets) (15 Caps), Josh Adams (Cardiff Blues) (10 Caps); Gareth Anscombe (Ospreys) (26 Caps), Gareth Davies (Scarlets) (41 Caps); Nicky Smith (Ospreys) (28 Caps), Ken Owens (Scarlets) (64 Caps), Tomas Francis (Exeter Chiefs) (40 Caps), Adam Beard (Ospreys) (13 Caps), Alun Wyn Jones (Capt, Ospreys) (125 Caps), Aaron Wainwright (Dragons) (8 Caps), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys) (64 Caps), Ross Moriarty (Dragons) (31 Caps).

Replacements: Elliot Dee (Dragons) (18 Caps),17. Wyn Jones (Scarlets) (12 Caps), Dillon Lewis (Cardiff Blues) (12 Caps), Jake Ball (Scarlets) (32 Caps), Aaron Shingler (Scarlets) (17 Caps), Tomos Williams (Cardiff Blues) (7 Caps), Dan Biggar (Northampton Saints) (70 Caps), Owen Watkin (Ospreys) (13 Caps).

Navidi's got a slight hamstring injury

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:04 pm 

P in VG wrote:
dolly wrote:

Wales team:

Navidi's got a slight hamstring injury

Worrying.

Who else can play 8?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:06 pm 

New guy wrote:

Worrying.

Who else can play 8?

Ken!

(I don't think Navidi's injury is too serious - he'll be back for the Ireland games I reckon)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:12 pm 

Why are wales so incapable of producing 8s? We moan about lock but at least we can produce some passable test level players in that position.

How many good welsh 8s have there been in the last 20 years? Quinell, Faletau, Moriarty. Ryan Jones was alright but it wasn't his best position. Same for Navidi.

After that? Jon Thomas :lol: Dan Baker :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:25 pm 

Morgan Allen is the future

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:28 pm 

I'm going to miss the game on Sunday and I dont have sky sports so wont be able to record.

Does anybody know a website which will have the game uploaded by Sunday night? If not I'll be trawling you tube in the hope somebody has put it up.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:56 am 

Frodder wrote:
Morgan Allen is the future...
...DJ at Cardiff Uni, partnering Navidi well into their dotage.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 375, 376, 377, 378, 379, 380, 381, 382  Next