Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236 ... 292  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:37 pm 

Dragons sign up Hibbard

Head Coach Bernard Jackman is delighted to announce the signing of former Ospreys and British & Irish Lion Richard Hibbard from Gloucester.
Read more at https://www.pro14rugby.org/2017/12/18/d ... trmqPOh.99

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:38 pm 

GWO2 wrote:
Dragons sign up Hibbard

Head Coach Bernard Jackman is delighted to announce the signing of former Ospreys and British & Irish Lion Richard Hibbard from Gloucester.

Just read this too. Great signing, but Dee is on fire.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:41 pm 

LandOTurk wrote:
GWO2 wrote:
Dragons sign up Hibbard

So who are the top 2 hookers per region:
Blues: Dacey, ?
Ospreys: Baldwin, Parry or Otten?
Scarlets: Owen, Elias
Dragons: Dee, Hibbard

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:45 pm 

LandOTurk wrote:
GWO2 wrote:
Dragons sign up Hibbard

If Dee is with the Welsh squad Hibbard is great cover as he wont be called up

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:50 pm 

Started a thread on this as I thought I had the scoop on the story. :(

Anywho, as said on the thread, this is exactly the type of thing the Hibbard's of the world should be doing. Filling out squad positions at the Welsh regions and giving us some depth. Dee will still be first choice you'd imagine, but having an impact sub like Hibbard will be a boon for the Dragons.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:51 pm 

More fountains of jizz from me. Happy days, great cover for Dee.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:31 pm 

LandOTurk wrote:
GWO2 wrote:
Dragons sign up Hibbard

Dee is doing so well at the moment, much like myself in uni Dee can't seem to stop scoring.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:52 pm 

Great impact sub. Happy to hear we've signed someone in the front five. Now some props and locks please.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:29 pm 

Dragons getting busy in the transfer market. Who's next?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:47 pm 

A lot of Osprey`s supporters seem pretty confident that it`s a done deal for North to join us, don`t know how much is fact and how much is wishful thinking. Personally with his international calls and injury record I think there might be better options. to spend what little money we seem to have, on.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:17 pm 

GWO2 wrote:
A lot of Osprey`s supporters seem pretty confident that it`s a done deal for North to join us, don`t know how much is fact and how much is wishful thinking. Personally with his international calls and injury record I think there might be better options. to spend what little money we seem to have, on.

Would agree with you. I am pretty sure the Scarlets passed on him. Just doesn't fit what we are looking for. He will be fine with whoever he plays for, just how often that is and how much budget he takes up, is the big question.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:19 pm 

Brew has signed another contract with Bath, he's doing well there and has always tried his best when playing for the Dragons.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:18 pm 

bessantj wrote:
Brew has signed another contract with Bath, he's doing well there and has always tried his best when playing for the Dragons.

Mate of mine (a barf supporter) speaks really highly of him. We have a lack of back 3 options

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:35 pm 

Elias re-signing for teh Scarlets just announced. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:06 pm 

Scarlets do want George North
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugb ... t-14063421

Bit surprised about this.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:09 pm 

LandOTurk wrote:

Apparently everyone has expressed an interest...so, Scarlets get first dibs...

Poor bastard, he's going to be thrown a ball in space in his first game back, with the opportunity to run round someone, and he'll stand there with a look of nostalgic confusion on his face. It'll be too much of a shock for the lad...send him to the Ospreys. They won't prove such a shock from the Northampton brick-wall-running years. (Performances against Northampton aside).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:38 pm 

LandOTurk wrote:

Not happy about this. All moneys should be invested in a NWQ replacement(es) for Beirne and Barclay, not a player who will only play 8 matches a year, doesn't suit our style of play and could block the progress of youngsters like Lewis and Baldwin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:06 pm 

GWO2 wrote:
A lot of Osprey`s supporters seem pretty confident that it`s a done deal for North to join us, don`t know how much is fact and how much is wishful thinking. Personally with his international calls and injury record I think there might be better options, to spend what little money we seem to have, on.

Stated my views. hope it`s right

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:02 pm 

We'll take him at the Blues. Him, Tom James and the Cuthberto - what's not to like

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:56 pm 

Frodder wrote:
We'll take him at the Blues. Him, Tom James and the Cuthberto - what's not to like

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:28 pm 

From a post on Scarlet Fever:

In one of the more improbable stories of this Christmas period, our very own Samson Lee is starring in the latest edition of 'Private Eye' (p 21).

Reader Ed Coan claims that there is a 'remarkable likeness' between Samson and the late lamented King Henry VIII, and suggests that Samson may be the descendant of a love child of said king.

Well, who knows? The royals are well known for putting it about, Henry VIII more than most, so it's certainly possible that Samson, and for all I know the rest of us, may have a drop or two of royal blood in our veins. Of course, as a republican, this would not be a case for rejoicing in my case!

Merry Christmas!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:54 pm 

Anyone see the Dragons/Blues game? Bit strange really, the Blues won pretty easily or should have done anyway. Their pack was killing the Dragons and their backs were allowed to put some good moves together with the Dragons falling off some tackles. But suddenly when it looks like they'd get a bonus point victory they suddenly switch off and let the Dragons in. Exposed what the Dragons need to improve on, not that it's a surprise to anyone. Blues fans could be disappointed that their side closed down, against a better team they'd have lost.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:11 pm 

Same old issues for the Dragons. Lightweight pack and not enough carriers. Henson also had his poorest game for the Dragons, but tbf, he was behind a beaten pack and so was on the back foot constantly.

From a Welsh rugby perspective, I thought Seb Davies, Cory Hill, Owen Lane and Ashton Hewitt looked good. Owen Lane may, with a few more decent performances, be on the international radar. Rapid 6 foot plus, near 100kg backs are not to be sniffed at.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:28 pm 

Jeff the Bear wrote:
Same old issues for the Dragons. Lightweight pack and not enough carriers. Henson also had his poorest game for the Dragons, but tbf, he was behind a beaten pack and so was on the back foot constantly.

From a Welsh rugby perspective, I thought Seb Davies, Cory Hill, Owen Lane and Ashton Hewitt looked good. Owen Lane may, with a few more decent performances, be on the international radar. Rapid 6 foot plus, near 100kg backs are not to be sniffed at.

It was a decent result, considering our strength is in the backs what with the weather. Dragons are a really poor outfit.

For all the praise of these youngs drags players, I'd have our collection of under 23s over theirs every day of the week.

Lane is also a centre by choice, I'd guarantee right now he'll be a starter for the RWC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:25 pm 

Theflier wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:

It was a decent result, considering our strength is in the backs what with the weather. Dragons are a really poor outfit.

For all the praise of these youngs drags players, I'd have our collection of under 23s over theirs every day of the week.

Lane is also a centre by choice, I'd guarantee right now he'll be a starter for the RWC

Blah blah blah, bullshit*t. Blah blah fking blah. Ref and linesman helped out no end today, Dragons had a bad day as well, but that's about it. You sound like a right myopic c*nt.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:13 pm 

Lane is exciting and can only get better

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:20 pm 

ok based on my between my crimbo to NY slump the players I want to see in our 6N squad considered newbies are:
Josh Adams
Cubby
Lane (centre/wing options are thin on the ground)
Some front V potential world class players hanging around our regions

Players to say that's it:
Cuthberto
King
Lydiate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:29 pm 

Frodder wrote:
ok based on my between my crimbo to NY slump the players I want to see in our 6N squad considered newbies are:
Josh Adams
Cubby
Lane (centre/wing options are thin on the ground)
Some front V potential world class players hanging around our regions

Players to say that's it:
Cuthberto
King
Lydiate

Second top try scorer in AP and with a lowly team. Very interesting indeed especially given that he is very solid in defence

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:35 pm 

Bit of a hatchet job on Nicky Thomas from the Wail. Essentially calling him out for being an unprofessional lazy fatty:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugb ... t-14083428

If true though (and I given everything else we seem to know about the lad, there's no reason to doubt it), it does appear as if he is forever lost to the international scene. Any decent coach won't touch a player who doesn't give a fuck.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:50 pm 

Jeff the Bear wrote:
Bit of a hatchet job on Nicky Thomas from the Wail. Essentially calling him out for being an unprofessional lazy fatty:

If true though (and I given everything else we seem to know about the lad, there's no reason to doubt it), it does appear as if he is forever lost to the international scene. Any decent coach won't touch a player who doesn't give a fuck.

It's so frustrating watching him scrummage yesterday. Get 'fit' and he'll come into our squad. Carry on like this and he'll be a case of what might have been

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:02 pm 

What I don't understand is why wouldn't you want to get fit and earn serious money? when the options available are that, or work on a building site or call centre? Idiotic.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:49 pm 

Frodder wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:

It's so frustrating watching him scrummage yesterday. Get 'fit' and he'll come into our squad. Carry on like this and he'll be a case of what might have been

This was the reason the Ospreys let him go. Apparently he would not work to reach the set goals. :(

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:10 pm 

Randomly I sat next to Owen Lane at the Wales vs France 6N match two years ago. He was just breaking through with the Blues - I had a really good chat with him, he was a really top boy. It was interesting as he was saying back then that Owen Watkin was his main competitor at his age level for the centre position.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:22 pm 

Not Frankie wrote:
What I don't understand is why wouldn't you want to get fit and earn serious money? when the options available are that, or work on a building site or call centre? Idiotic.

In all seriousness, some people just don't give a fudge. Sport is littered with people who seemingly had it all before them, but couldn't be bothered to put in one iota of effort.

Sadly, it appears from the article, that the narrative of his life is pretty well set..."Oh woe is me, if only I had been born when fatties were allowed to just waddle between rucks and lean on a few scrums etc, etc". My old coach used to say that the most important part of the body was the top 2 inches, and it looks like he doesn't have it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:10 pm 

Jeff the Bear wrote:
[
In all seriousness, some people just don't give a fudge. Sport is littered with people who seemingly had it all before them, but couldn't be bothered to put in one iota of effort.

Sadly, it appears from the article, that the narrative of his life is pretty well set..."Oh woe is me, if only I had been born when fatties were allowed to just waddle between rucks and lean on a few scrums etc, etc". My old coach used to say that the most important part of the body was the top 2 inches, and it looks like he doesn't have it.

I think the curse of the fatty in sport isn't that they don't give a fudge, but it's they can't focus on those goals for all of their life. At training and games they may give their all, but away from the club they impulsively eat junk, sweets, can't not drink with friends at the pub etc and just not obsessive enough with the gym. He rbably plans to go, but then get into some show on TV and thinks "tomorrow" and tomorrow never comes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:03 pm 

Agree with the comments re Lane, very impressive. Would like to see him at 13 at some point as that is where our need is greater. Having said that, I've also been impressed by Garyn Smith. Looked like a Conrad Smith-esque centre to me - plenty of intelligence, makes good decisions to make others look good around him.

As for the Dragons - back row was lacking power. Thought the front 5 did pretty well in many facets but with the likes of Griffiths the ball would have been a lot quicker and the backs might have been on the front foot a touch more than they were. Charlie Davies looked glacial compared to Babos - can't see him being one of the scum halves that stick around next year. Pretorius gave more zip to proceedings and things got better from then on.

Henson was poor, but with Charlie Davies crabbing and slowing things down, he dropped deeper and deeper to give himself any time. Not great, but a faster 9 will make all the difference I think.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:51 pm 

Scarlets wing given four-week ban after sending off

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42493899

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:00 pm 

Can't grumble with that. Ben John could've been badly hurt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:36 am 

Watched Saints vs Quins yesterday as on channel 5. North looked disinterested and Crocked. Doctor Roberts looked lean and excellent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:46 am 

Frodder wrote:
Watched Saints vs Quins yesterday as on channel 5. North looked disinterested and Crocked. Doctor Roberts looked lean and excellent

North took a knock on the first contact he took, so was tentative, but he looked for work, just without much going in his direction. He needs to get away from there fast.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236 ... 292  Next