Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:11 pm 

globus wrote:
A5D5E5 wrote:
sewa wrote:
globus wrote:

Not particularly quick. I said "had" because we bought elsewhere as that house was on four floors with steep staircases.

But you said it was the taxes, were they directly taxing the number of floors / steepness of the staircases?

You would expect that a steeper gradient would attract lower tax as it would allow a more compact building taking up less land.

Nothing to do with that. The French government shifted the goalposts, effectively penalising those from abroad having property in France.

I wasn't actually being serious. Everyone knows the French don't really tax the gradient of a staircase as that woudl be stupid. They tax the colour of the stair carpet.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:12 pm 

Spoiler: show

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:17 pm 

backrow wrote:

You bastard. I won't be able to stop singing that now.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:17 pm 

A5D5E5 wrote:

I wasn't actually being serious. Everyone knows the French don't really tax the gradient of a staircase as that woudl be stupid. They tax the colour of the stair carpet.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:18 pm 

A5D5E5 wrote:
globus wrote:
A5D5E5 wrote:
sewa wrote:
globus wrote:

Not particularly quick. I said "had" because we bought elsewhere as that house was on four floors with steep staircases.

But you said it was the taxes, were they directly taxing the number of floors / steepness of the staircases?

You would expect that a steeper gradient would attract lower tax as it would allow a more compact building taking up less land.

Nothing to do with that. The French government shifted the goalposts, effectively penalising those from abroad having property in France.

Ze French have their own way of doing things! I wouldn't put it past them to use that criteria.

We had lovely times there. The back has a large lawn, beyond which is the Somme river.

There are salt marshes beyond that which are used to graze sheep. The shepherd uses his dogs to drive them into the river when the tide goes out and they can drink fresh water from the river.

I'm trying to find a photo.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:24 pm 

globus wrote:
A5D5E5 wrote:
sewa wrote:
globus wrote:

do they not tax you on the new place?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:31 pm 

BokJock wrote:
globus wrote:
A5D5E5 wrote:
sewa wrote:
globus wrote:

do they not tax you on the new place?

They do, but we've been a bit crafty on the ownership front so it's not particularly penal.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:27 pm 

globus wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
globus wrote:
You don't half post a load of tosh. You know fine well why I was going to "expose" you, and it was just an empty threat and I never did.

Not the three bed semi, again. It's detached with four bedrooms thanks.

We have another very substantial place in Norfolk. Plus a place in France. Both are let out.

When the grand-kiddiwinks are a bit older we'll use one a family retreat.

Golly, that was quick, especially for buying property in France. Only last week:

globus wrote:
It all kicked off and we have fond memories and houses to stay in, in France.

We had a place there. In St Valerie Sur Somme. Sold it when the French government got silly with taxes.

Intended as a family retreat. Looked out onto the Somme river at the back. At the front, turn right and you can see where Joan of Arc was incarcerated in the old town.

Turn left and you are into the "modern" side of it. With possibly the best poissonnerie you could hit.

:lol: so full of shit.

Years of banging on about the old place in St Valerie, but never mentioned the new one :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:42 pm 

slick wrote:
globus wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
globus wrote:
You don't half post a load of tosh. You know fine well why I was going to "expose" you, and it was just an empty threat and I never did.

Not the three bed semi, again. It's detached with four bedrooms thanks.

We have another very substantial place in Norfolk. Plus a place in France. Both are let out.

When the grand-kiddiwinks are a bit older we'll use one a family retreat.

Golly, that was quick, especially for buying property in France. Only last week:

globus wrote:
It all kicked off and we have fond memories and houses to stay in, in France.

We had a place there. In St Valerie Sur Somme. Sold it when the French government got silly with taxes.

Intended as a family retreat. Looked out onto the Somme river at the back. At the front, turn right and you can see where Joan of Arc was incarcerated in the old town.

Turn left and you are into the "modern" side of it. With possibly the best poissonnerie you could hit.

:lol: so full of shit.

Years of banging on about the old place in St Valerie, but never mentioned the new one :lol:

Good reasons for that. It's sad that what started as a rather pleasant thread has got to the same old "let's find globus out".

Well you won't. I've been pretty outward in my posts on here. Most will know exactly who I am.

But I have been meticulous in hiding certain detail about my family and friends, because I don't want them to be targetted in the same way as I have been on here.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:48 pm 

Quote:
targetted in the same way as I have been on here.

Really, really easy solution to that. Stop lying.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:52 pm 

I admire Globus loyalty to Britain. Beyond reproach at the council but no qualms about a dodgy foreign property deal to keep the tax down.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:01 pm 

slick wrote:
Quote:

I'll not take advice from you. I have had a very nice productive life, most of it very interesting.

There's no point in keeping on with that accusation. I've been around the block a few times, have done lots. Try it. You only have one life and you'll have no use for money when you die.

I charge nothing for funeral sheets, except for their printing.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:04 pm 

Poshprop wrote:
I admire Globus loyalty to Britain. Beyond reproach at the council but no qualms about a dodgy foreign property deal to keep the tax down.

It's not "dodgy". It's legal and on the advice of a notaire.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:08 pm 

globus wrote:
Poshprop wrote:

You do know the impression the following post would give ''we've been a bit crafty on the ownership front''. It certainly implies dodgy and well you know it, that's why people think you backtrack and change stories as and when it suits

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:14 pm 

sewa wrote:
globus wrote:
Poshprop wrote:

You do know the impression the following post would give ''we've been a bit crafty on the ownership front''. It certainly implies dodgy and well you know it, that's why people think you backtrack and change stories as and when it suits

Fair point. I just post as it comes into my head. I don't ask for the advice of a solicitor beforehand! But we did, in this case.

The barristers and solicitors I know in England would struggle, so we went to a French one.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:15 pm 

globus wrote:
slick wrote:
Quote:

I'll not take advice from you. I have had a very nice productive life, most of it very interesting.

There's no point in keeping on with that accusation. I've been around the block a few times, have done lots. Try it. You only have one life and you'll have no use for money when you die.

Why don't you just pop along to that "difficult meeting" you were preparing for yesterday afternoon.
It will give us a little break from your endlessly repetetive obsession with yourself.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:19 pm 

I spent most of my late evening and early morning in preparation. It's the end of the Council year. I hope to sneak in a camp bed. This is possibly going to be a marathon.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:24 pm 

globus wrote:
slick wrote:
Quote:

There isn't one other person on here that talks about their supposed wealth.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:29 pm 

slick wrote:
globus wrote:
slick wrote:
Quote:

Ok. That's up to them. There are possibly a few on here who are penniless students in a basement flat. I wasn't far off that once so I respect that they don't post about it.

All you are doing is trying to get at me. I can handle that with ease.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:42 pm 

slick wrote:
globus wrote:
slick wrote:
Quote:

Money can’t buy class !
Judging from his shit car, divorce, average house I would guess that most of the city types on here would be far richer than him, and much less obnoxious .

Openside is probably worth as much as the rest of the bored put together of course, the posh orange twat !

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 4:07 pm 

Do try and rein it in Yeeb. I have no doubt that there are possibly wealthier posters than me, indeed you possibly might be one.

I'm unconcerned. Just had a lovely mail thanking me for sorting out a problem. That's worth its weight in gold.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 4:15 pm 

Seriously think Globus is running a Tucker racket here

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 4:17 pm 

I have no idea what that means, BN.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:09 pm 

Big Nipper wrote:

There’s Something About Management

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:29 pm 

ScarfaceClaw wrote:
Big Nipper wrote:

The management and Hattie:

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:13 pm 

:dead: :dead:

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:55 pm 

backrow wrote:
ScarfaceClaw wrote:
Big Nipper wrote:

The management and Hattie:

Hahahaha

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:46 am 

Rather juvenile. Time to return to your playpens.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:15 am 

globus wrote:
Rather juvenile. Time to return to your playpens.