Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:50 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:13 am 

globus wrote:
we get stuff at mate's rates!

Oundle councillors are entitled to mate's rates?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:15 am 

Monk Zombie wrote:
globus wrote:

He seems to get a lot of 'favours', none of them declared interests though.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:18 am 

Yourmother wrote:
globus wrote:
Rubbish clearance took a while. We are a bit sluggish this morning and it's coffee duty at St Peter's.

It was a wonderful success. Pity about the drizzle.

Hattie was a star. Didn't meet anyone who didn't love her to bits, as we do. A certain lady, who is afraid of dogs, had bit of "The Road to Damascus" moment. She's popping round for tea and cakes this afternoon to meet her again.

Think she's coming into season so we are going to apply some pants to ensure she does not have an inappropriate relationship!

Life's not dull here. Do visit. A warm welcome awaits and we get stuff at mate's rates!

Have a Look

I noticed on your site, there are YouTube recordings of council meetings. Are you starring in some of these Globster?

I'm in most of them but not in a starring role! We try hard to be as tranparent as possible, hence the meetings are recorded for those not present to hear what's been going on if they wish.

If we are discussing personnel or things of a confidential or are sensitive or of a commercial matter we invoke a standing order that the recording will be turned off. It doesn't happen very often.

I wouldn't bother to listen, if I were you. They are often grindingly boring.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:23 am 

danny_fitz wrote:
Monk Zombie wrote:
globus wrote:

I have no "declared interests" of a general nature. Any "favours" that I get are usually on a quid pro quo from friends who are not on the Council.

In 11 years I have received the princely sum of £0. It has cost me a considerable sum. I do it for the residents.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:35 am 

globus wrote:
danny_fitz wrote:
Monk Zombie wrote:
globus wrote:

Any "favours" that I get are usually on a quid pro quo from friends who are not on the Council.

Well quite!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:39 am 

Is Oundle council known for corruption?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:39 am 

globus wrote:
Hattie was a star. Didn't meet anyone who didn't love her to bits, as we do.

She ain't nothin' but an Oundle dog, cryin' all the time.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:44 am 

Short Man Syndrome wrote:
globus wrote:
Hattie was a star. Didn't meet anyone who didn't love her to bits, as we do.

She ain't nothin' but an Oundle dog, cryin' all the time.

I like that SMS! Hattie has a very loud bark, as Schnauzers do. She punches well above her weight too.

Not seen her weeping yet.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:49 am 

c69 wrote:

It's not known as Oundle 'Tammany' Hall for nothing.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:11 am 

globus wrote:
danny_fitz wrote:
Monk Zombie wrote:
globus wrote:

I have no "declared interests" of a general nature. Any "favours" that I get are usually on a quid pro quo from friends who are not on the Council.

In 11 years I have received the princely sum of £0. It has cost me a considerable sum. I do it for the residents.

I know it is pointless saying this to you but that is exactly the sort of low level corruption that people hate. A builder does a favour for a local councillor then the local councillor does a favour back. Your intentions might be entirely honourable (in fact, I think they are), but not everyone's are and this opaque back scratching ultimately adds to the general distrust of politicians and elected officials.

Either don't take bribes (because that is what they are) or declare your favours.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:25 am 

c69 wrote:

Nope. We are in very good shape, unlike the Northamptonshire County Council who went £60 million in debt and are to be split up after Government intervention.

Our finances are in good shape as we make sure of that. All Councillors' expenses claims are strictly vetted.

I was firmly told by the Clerk at the time to make a claim for travel expenses. I didn't put one in but she put it in for me. So I can say that I have received £20 over those 11 years.

During that time we have entertained our French and German twin town residents free of charge. That cost a bob or two.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:32 am 

A5D5E5 wrote:
globus wrote:
danny_fitz wrote:
Monk Zombie wrote:
globus wrote:

I know it is pointless saying this to you but that is exactly the sort of low level corruption that people hate. A builder does a favour for a local councillor then the local councillor does a favour back. Your intentions might be entirely honourable (in fact, I think they are), but not everyone's are and this opaque back scratching ultimately adds to the general distrust of politicians and elected officials.

Either don't take bribes (because that is what they are) or declare your favours.

You are quite right, it is pointless in my case. There's nothing "corrupt" about anything I or my fellow Councillors do.

The sort of thing is that I do someone's accounts and they do a good deal (in one case, a carpet) at a shade over cost price.

You rarely find local councils are corrupt. We are non political. It's when you move up the gravy train that people, who should know better, have junkets to nice places abroad.

We visit our twin towns. We pay for petrol, channel crossings etc. Never have I claimed.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:39 am 

globus wrote:
A5D5E5 wrote:
globus wrote:
danny_fitz wrote:
Monk Zombie wrote:

You are quite right, it is pointless in my case. There's nothing "corrupt" about anything I or my fellow Councillors do.

The sort of thing is that I do someone's accounts and they do a good deal (in one case, a carpet) at a shade over cost price.

You rarely find local councils are corrupt. We are non political. It's when you move up the gravy train that people, who should know better, have junkets to nice places abroad.

We visit our twin towns. We pay for petrol, channel crossings etc. Never have I claimed.

I'm sure you are a paragon. How would anyone know though if your dealings are just as opaque as everyone else's? Why not make a stand, set an example, take the lead and show people how honest, open and transparent you are.

If you are not wiling to declare everything, it probably means that you don't want people to find out.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:43 am 

danny_fitz wrote:
c69 wrote:

It's not known as Oundle 'Tammany' Hall for nothing.

We are not a political bunch. Not one current Councillor has put themselves up for election on a political basis.

We did have just the one a few years ago. He lasted less than a year. He was a ruddy useless lazy individual.

I rarely miss Council meetings. I don't like the fact that you only have to attend two per year. And do nothing outside the Council chamber. Not our idea, them's is the rules.

I'm proud to serve my Town in the best way possible but I don't strut about with a badge on. I tend to be a backroom boy.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:47 am 

Not so much skeletons in the closet , as skeletons under the A1

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:47 am 

Quote:
I'm sure you are a paragon. How would anyone know though if your dealings are just as opaque as everyone else's? Why not make a stand, set an example, take the lead and show people how honest, open and transparent you are.

If you are not wiling to declare everything, it probably means that you don't want people to find out.

You really seem to have little idea of how Local Councils work. I have nothing whatever to reproach myself for.

As for openness and transparency, this is a Rugby site and most hide behind their internet persona, like you.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:49 am 

backrow wrote:

You hide, as best you can, on here.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:56 am 

globus wrote:
backrow wrote:

Well apart from when he comes along to cabals, if only to show that he's a bellend in real life too.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:04 am 

I've never understood why (a) Yeeb has some kind of fetish in trying to discredit me and (b) why he would not accept a kind invitation to visit here.

I have no time for his descriptive posts about his sexual life and habits. Not my scene at all.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:08 am 

happyhooker wrote:
globus wrote:
backrow wrote:

Well apart from when he comes along to cabals, if only to show that he's a bellend in real life too.

Massive
:smug:

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:15 am 

backrow wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
globus wrote:
backrow wrote:

Massive
:smug:

You've no class.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:17 am 

globus wrote:
I've never understood why (a) Yeeb has some kind of fetish in trying to discredit me and (b) why he would not accept a kind invitation to visit here.

I have no time for his descriptive posts about his sexual life and habits. Not my scene at all.

A. Probably the threats stuff about releasing my private details and financial info via that Experian login you claimed to have had something with my decision to mock you on here

B. Most people who dislike other people choose not to visit their 3 bed semi

It’s very clear ‘I’ll never understand ...’ at the start of your post reflects you are a bit of an oddball nutter with no real social skills or empathy as to why many on here (and I suspect in real life) think you are a massive nob head, thus further emphasising point B and my non visit choice.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:28 am 

You don't half post a load of tosh. You know fine well why I was going to "expose" you, and it was just an empty threat and I never did.

Not the three bed semi, again. It's detached with four bedrooms thanks.

We have another very substantial place in Norfolk. Plus a place in France. Both are let out.

When the grand-kiddiwinks are a bit older we'll use one a family retreat.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:32 am 

Thought you had a few town houses in Pimlico?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:32 am 

Plus you are snide. I don't like "snide".

Not sure if you have too much brain. People who know me, and there are a lot of them, would laugh at your description of me.

But frankly, who cares about your opinion? I don't and that is possibly why you act the way you do. Grow up, for all our sakes.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:40 am 

danny_fitz wrote:
Thought you had a few town houses in Pimlico?

Nope, just the one quite a few years back. The Arabs moved into Kensington, the populace there bought in Pimlico. This was profitable as prices shot up.

London, for us, is not where we would want to live now, preferring the countryside. We are trying to get the children out of Raynes Park but there are commuting difficulties and schooling for the grandchildren.

We have got one of them (and her husband) into a lovely apartment in Cambridge. They are renting at the moment and keeping their house in The Apostles.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:17 pm 

globus wrote:
Quote:

You really seem to have little idea of how Local Councils work. I have nothing whatever to reproach myself for.

As for openness and transparency, this is a Rugby site and most hide behind their internet persona, like you.

That you see nothing wrong with back handers and doing favours that you don't declare speaks volumes. "It isn't me" you cry. But it is by your own admission. You have nothing to reproach yourself for because you don't see anything wrong with it. I have higher standards.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:18 pm 

globus wrote:
You don't half post a load of tosh. You know fine well why I was going to "expose" you, and it was just an empty threat and I never did.

We have another very substantial place in Norfolk. Plus a place in France. Both are let out.

Golly, that was quick, especially for buying property in France. Only last week:

globus wrote:
It all kicked off and we have fond memories and houses to stay in, in France.

We had a place there. In St Valerie Sur Somme. Sold it when the French government got silly with taxes.

Intended as a family retreat. Looked out onto the Somme river at the back. At the front, turn right and you can see where Joan of Arc was incarcerated in the old town.

Turn left and you are into the "modern" side of it. With possibly the best poissonnerie you could hit.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:42 pm 

A5D5E5 wrote:
globus wrote:
Quote:

That you see nothing wrong with back handers and doing favours that you don't declare speaks volumes. "It isn't me" you cry. But it is by your own admission. You have nothing to reproach yourself for because you don't see anything wrong with it. I have higher standards.

Doubt it. Rest on your laurels then. There are and never been any "backhanders". I am very well known and respected here and this is a close community and most of us help others out. You also do not know about "declarations of interests in Council. The summons issued by the Clerk always has that at the top of the agenda, as it should be.

Character assassination has no place on this site. Time to pack it in.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:45 pm 

happyhooker wrote:
globus wrote:

Golly, that was quick, especially for buying property in France. Only last week:

globus wrote:
It all kicked off and we have fond memories and houses to stay in, in France.

We had a place there. In St Valerie Sur Somme. Sold it when the French government got silly with taxes.

Intended as a family retreat. Looked out onto the Somme river at the back. At the front, turn right and you can see where Joan of Arc was incarcerated in the old town.

Turn left and you are into the "modern" side of it. With possibly the best poissonnerie you could hit.

Not particularly quick. I said "had" because we bought elsewhere as that house was on four floors with steep staircases.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:48 pm 

globus wrote:

Ah so admit it was a threat then ?
No character assassination needed from me really ..

As for the root cause of your illegal data sharing threats, that would be where I posted a pic of a man whose surname was Southall in response to Dac’s ‘eat more curry than southall’ comment. You really turned the dial up to 11 on that day for being a thick twat (as a musical fan I’m sure you will get the dial to 11 reference)

It’s the poor souls in Oundle i feel sorry for - served by a stupid blackmailer with zero social skills or self awareness. Shame !

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:48 pm 

globus wrote:
A5D5E5 wrote:
globus wrote:
Quote:

Doubt it. Rest on your laurels then. There are and never been any "backhanders". I am very well known and respected here and this is a close community and most of us help others out. You also do not know about "declarations of interests in Council. The summons issued by the Clerk always has that at the top of the agenda, as it should be.

Character assassination has no place on this site. Time to pack it in.

Oundle. Twinned with Dunny On The Wold.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:50 pm 

globus wrote:

Not particularly quick. I said "had" because we bought elsewhere as that house was on four floors with steep staircases.

But you said it was the taxes, were they directly taxing the number of floors / steepness of the staircases?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:51 pm 

backrow wrote:
globus wrote:

Ah so admit it was a threat then ?
No character assassination needed from me really ..

As for the root cause of your illegal data sharing threats, that would be where I posted a pic of a man whose surname was Southall in response to Dac’s ‘eat more curry than southall’ comment. You really turned the dial up to 11 on that day for being a thick twat (as a musical fan I’m sure you will get the dial to 11 reference)

It’s the poor souls in Oundle i feel sorry for - served by a stupid blackmailer with zero social skills or self awareness. Shame !

Go fry your feet Mr Nobody.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:52 pm 

sewa wrote:
globus wrote:

But you said it was the taxes, were they directly taxing the number of floors / steepness of the staircases?

You would expect that a steeper gradient would attract lower tax as it would allow a more compact building taking up less land.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:54 pm 

sewa wrote:
globus wrote:

It was taxes in part. We also had trouble with neighbours who would not stump up for repair work to the building.

Glad to have got shot of it in the end.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:55 pm 

Rhino hide indeed eh !

Actually I wondered how you went off my ignore list, I have rectified it now :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:56 pm 

A5D5E5 wrote:
sewa wrote:
globus wrote:

You would expect that a steeper gradient would attract lower tax as it would allow a more compact building taking up less land.

Nothing to do with that. The French government shifted the goalposts, effectively penalising those from abroad having property in France.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:56 pm 

backrow wrote:
Rhino hide indeed eh !

Actually I wondered how you went off my ignore list, I have rectified it now :thumbup:

Good. You have become an utter bore.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:05 pm 

Here's the "old" house. It was the gendarmerie. The prison cells are to the right, around the corner. They are now apartments. We owned the middle section of the main building.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next