Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:05 am 

Meh, the type of dull, trench warfare rugby that world cup knockout games tend to be, it might not be a bad idea to put a rugby league back rower in the centres.

Certainly better than a backline of Damien McKenzie midgets.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:10 am 

J Man wrote:
Meh, the type of dull, trench warfare rugby that world cup knockout games tend to be, it might not be a bad idea to put a rugby league back rower in the centres.

Certainly better than a backline of Damien McKenzie midgets.

His main competition comes from the equally enormous Nonu and the immensely powerful Laumape. He's not battling with manlets for the position

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:25 am 

I cannot help but think that there is some gamesmanship in Hansen's comments. They're too obvious. Everything he says in public is for a reason, he rarely just gives away tactics or plans for nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if he has no intention of selecting SBW due to form and/or fitness, but is just throwing out red herrings for fun to keep opposing coaches guessing.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:33 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:
I cannot help but think that there is some gamesmanship in Hansen's comments. They're too obvious. Everything he says in public is for a reason, he rarely just gives away tactics or plans for nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if he has no intention of selecting SBW due to form and/or fitness, but is just throwing out red herrings for fun to keep opposing coaches guessing.

I think this is one time Hansen is being 100% truthful.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:42 am 

The Native wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:

I think this is one time Hansen is being 100% truthful.

Hansen is a master at obfuscating and diverting. I tend toward agreeing with AC on this one. Hansen wants the perfect send off as a professional coach and given SBW's current form, doubtful fitness, and injury-prone nature these last couple of seasons, Hansen would be justified in viewing him as a hindrance to achieving his ultimate goal.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:27 pm 

I find it hard to reconcile that theory with the devoted man crush Hansen has on SBW.

He would never, ever toy with SBW's emotions in such a way.

I'm firmly convinced he would rather lose a RWC than betray his best boy.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:57 pm 

Everyone should stay fit anyway, the likelyhood of Crotty and SBW going injury free during while RWC is low. Especially with SA in the first game.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:00 pm 

jdogscoop wrote:
I find it hard to reconcile that theory with the devoted man crush Hansen has on SBW.

Time moves on. Hansen's cabana boy is now Jordie Barrett. For someone like Hansen, with the easy access he has to smokin' young athletes, SBW is a middle aged has-been.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:10 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:
jdogscoop wrote:

Time moves on. Hansen's cabana boy is now Jordie Barrett. For someone like Hansen, with the easy access he has to smokin' young athletes, SBW is a middle aged has-been.

But jordie is no Addonis...............

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:31 am 

Who gave Hansen Sun Tzu's Art of War for Christmas?

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:36 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:

I tend to think it’s a bit of
- he has loyalty as you do sometimes with work colleagues
- he negotiated to keep him around for highly paid contract and feels compelled to use him to his bosses
And mostly
- he doesn’t like to be told what to do by the public and becomes entrenched