Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5170
Meh, the type of dull, trench warfare rugby that world cup knockout games tend to be, it might not be a bad idea to put a rugby league back rower in the centres.

Certainly better than a backline of Damien McKenzie midgets.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12050
J Man wrote:
Meh, the type of dull, trench warfare rugby that world cup knockout games tend to be, it might not be a bad idea to put a rugby league back rower in the centres.

Certainly better than a backline of Damien McKenzie midgets.


His main competition comes from the equally enormous Nonu and the immensely powerful Laumape. He's not battling with manlets for the position


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 23952
Location: Queensland
I cannot help but think that there is some gamesmanship in Hansen's comments. They're too obvious. Everything he says in public is for a reason, he rarely just gives away tactics or plans for nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if he has no intention of selecting SBW due to form and/or fitness, but is just throwing out red herrings for fun to keep opposing coaches guessing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12505
Ali's Choice wrote:
I cannot help but think that there is some gamesmanship in Hansen's comments. They're too obvious. Everything he says in public is for a reason, he rarely just gives away tactics or plans for nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if he has no intention of selecting SBW due to form and/or fitness, but is just throwing out red herrings for fun to keep opposing coaches guessing.

I think this is one time Hansen is being 100% truthful.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 38016
The Native wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
I cannot help but think that there is some gamesmanship in Hansen's comments. They're too obvious. Everything he says in public is for a reason, he rarely just gives away tactics or plans for nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if he has no intention of selecting SBW due to form and/or fitness, but is just throwing out red herrings for fun to keep opposing coaches guessing.

I think this is one time Hansen is being 100% truthful.


Hansen is a master at obfuscating and diverting. I tend toward agreeing with AC on this one. Hansen wants the perfect send off as a professional coach and given SBW's current form, doubtful fitness, and injury-prone nature these last couple of seasons, Hansen would be justified in viewing him as a hindrance to achieving his ultimate goal.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11111
Location: Melbourne
I find it hard to reconcile that theory with the devoted man crush Hansen has on SBW.

He would never, ever toy with SBW's emotions in such a way.

I'm firmly convinced he would rather lose a RWC than betray his best boy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6506
Location: Madrid
Everyone should stay fit anyway, the likelyhood of Crotty and SBW going injury free during while RWC is low. Especially with SA in the first game.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 23952
Location: Queensland
jdogscoop wrote:
I find it hard to reconcile that theory with the devoted man crush Hansen has on SBW.

He would never, ever toy with SBW's emotions in such a way.

I'm firmly convinced he would rather lose a RWC than betray his best boy.


Time moves on. Hansen's cabana boy is now Jordie Barrett. For someone like Hansen, with the easy access he has to smokin' young athletes, SBW is a middle aged has-been.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:07 am
Posts: 2261
Location: Kirikiriroa
Ali's Choice wrote:
jdogscoop wrote:
I find it hard to reconcile that theory with the devoted man crush Hansen has on SBW.

He would never, ever toy with SBW's emotions in such a way.

I'm firmly convinced he would rather lose a RWC than betray his best boy.


Time moves on. Hansen's cabana boy is now Jordie Barrett. For someone like Hansen, with the easy access he has to smokin' young athletes, SBW is a middle aged has-been.



But jordie is no Addonis...............


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5790
Who gave Hansen Sun Tzu's Art of War for Christmas?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11315
Ali's Choice wrote:
I cannot help but think that there is some gamesmanship in Hansen's comments. They're too obvious. Everything he says in public is for a reason, he rarely just gives away tactics or plans for nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if he has no intention of selecting SBW due to form and/or fitness, but is just throwing out red herrings for fun to keep opposing coaches guessing.


I tend to think it’s a bit of
- he has loyalty as you do sometimes with work colleagues
- he negotiated to keep him around for highly paid contract and feels compelled to use him to his bosses
And mostly
- he doesn’t like to be told what to do by the public and becomes entrenched


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BokJock, booji boy, booze, clydecloggie, Cullen, de_Selby, DragsterDriver, Frodder, Google [Bot], henry, iarmhiman, Idle_Wild, Jim Lahey, julian, Kanbei, Laurent, ManInTheBar, New guy, Raggs, Smutley, TokenSarriesFan, Ulsters Red Hand, Womack and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group