Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:13 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:10 pm 

Fat-tongued mockney twunt as he is...I've cooked significantly more of his recipes than any other chef.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:22 pm 

Jeff the Bear wrote:
Fat-tongued mockney twunt as he is...I've cooked significantly more of his recipes than any other chef.

As I said, get thee a copy of the Classic Italian Cookbook by Marcella Hazan. Mine is dog eared and stained but I still return to it time after time.

EDIT Just checked and mine was published in 1987, so not sure if it is still in print !

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:28 pm 

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:34 pm 

ForzaIt wrote:

:lol: :lol: :thumbup:

Funny, but my mother had two microwave cookbooks and also a freezer cookbook, all bought in the mid to late '70s. I can remember my parents buying a quarter cow, or half a pig, all arriving nicely packaged for storing in the enormous coffin shaped deep freeze. Woe betide you when you went looking for ice creams in summer only to come upon half a pigs head with the one beady eye staring at you.

Fashions and technology change.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:43 pm 

I've never seen meat come out of a microwave looking like that. Looking like a pale crispy plimsol yes.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:11 am 

ForzaIt wrote:

Is that a steak in foreground? Who on earth microwaves steak?

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:48 am 

She won't stay slim if she eats all that by herself.

[edit] just checked and she appears to have died at the age of 54. Sad but unsurprising. A review of the book on Amazon:

Quote:
Although it is shown on the cover, there is not actually a recipe for a milkshake.

All up, not a book I think I'd rely on.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:01 am 

danny_fitz wrote:
Brazil wrote:
Chilli wrote:
Has Byrons burgers gone bang? I sort of know the guy who financed them.

Close. They had to close some of the restaurants but, mercifully, I can still get my B-Rex hit when the mood takes me.

You would love this place.

https://www.heartattackgrill.com/

Myself and Mrs Fitz went here after we got married by Elvis

:lol: Heard about that place a while back. If I could stomach Vegas it'd be my first port of call.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:15 am 

ForzaIt wrote:
Richest chefs in the world::

10. Delia Smith Estimated net worth: $30 million (£22.7 million)
9. Marco Pierre White Estimated net worth: $40 million (£30.3 million)
8. Ina Garten Estimated net worth: $50 million (£37.8 million)
=6. David Chang
=6. Emeril Lagasse Estimated net worth: $60 million (£45.4 million)
5. Rachael Ray Estimated net worth: $77.5 million (£58.7 million)
4. Wolfgang Puck Estimated net worth: $82.5 million (£62.5 million)
3. Gordon Ramsay Estimated net worth: $190 million (£143.9 million)
2. Nobu Matsuhisa Estimated net worth: $200 million (£151.5 million)

-------------daylight------------

1. Jamie Oliver Estimated net worth: $372 million (£281.7 million)

link

Gordon's a pussy.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:13 am 

Brazil wrote:
danny_fitz wrote:
Brazil wrote:
Chilli wrote:

Close. They had to close some of the restaurants but, mercifully, I can still get my B-Rex hit when the mood takes me.

:lol: Heard about that place a while back. If I could stomach Vegas it'd be my first port of call.

They have rather cheekily painted on the wall a fresco of 'The Last Supper' but with the restaurant owner in place of Christ and all his disciplines made up of other fast food mascots (Ronald, Wendy, Colonel Sanders etc)

The burgers were actually pretty good, I kept it simple and ordered a double burger that almost defeated me so it was impressive to watch the fatty on the table opposite devour their signature 'Octuplet Bypass' burger which yes, had eight beef patties and about 30 pieces of bacon stuffed inside it.

Their other gimmick was that people over 350 lb (160kg) ate for free, they had an enormous set of scales in the middle of the restaurant that set off bells and lights when someone tipped it over that weight.

Possible not a first date place.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:22 am 

danny_fitz wrote:

Their other gimmick was that people over 350 lb (160kg) ate for free, they had an enormous set of scales in the middle of the restaurant that set off bells and lights when someone tipped it over that weight.

:shock:

Its so wrong, that its right. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:32 am 

danny_fitz wrote:
Brazil wrote:
danny_fitz wrote:
Brazil wrote:
Chilli wrote:

They have rather cheekily painted on the wall a fresco of 'The Last Supper' but with the restaurant owner in place of Christ and all his disciplines made up of other fast food mascots (Ronald, Wendy, Colonel Sanders etc)

The burgers were actually pretty good, I kept it simple and ordered a double burger that almost defeated me so it was impressive to watch the fatty on the table opposite devour their signature 'Octuplet Bypass' burger which yes, had eight beef patties and about 30 pieces of bacon stuffed inside it.

So you weren't subjected to the 'punishment' for failing to complete your meal? Possibly just as well as you were there with the wife.

Quote:
"Patients" who are unable to finish their meals are subjected to brutal spankings publicly delivered by one of the Heart Attack Grill's attractive nursing staff.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:47 am 

Lobby wrote:

So you weren't subjected to the 'punishment' for failing to complete your meal? Possibly just as well as you were there with the wife.

Quote:
"Patients" who are unable to finish their meals are subjected to brutal spankings publicly delivered by one of the Heart Attack Grill's attractive nursing staff.

I was unscathed, the wife got 'paddled' by one of the said nurses though, her feeble attempt to hide some food under a napkin was her downfall.

It was strangely arousing