Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:43 pm 

Jensrsa wrote:
beachboy wrote:
Sards, it is a bit harsh to be throwing out those types of comments. When I first saw the pass in real time I thought it was forward and only looking at it for a few times in slo mo was it apparent that it was not forward. I feel he was influenced by the crowd watching and making a noise about the pass. He should not have been and at most the decision was biased. If he was on the take there were a number of other instances where he could have intervened. The Saders maul try for example, where a defender was taken out away from the ball. Technically it could have been called back but I was ok with it not being called back as I dont believe it would have prevented the try.

The problem with Jonker is that he always believes he's right and he doesn't change his mind. He had decided that it was forward before he even looked at the replays and slo-mos and he wasn't going to be convinced otherwise

Or in other words, the worst possible choice for a TMO.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:56 pm 

jdogscoop wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
beachboy wrote:
Sards, it is a bit harsh to be throwing out those types of comments. When I first saw the pass in real time I thought it was forward and only looking at it for a few times in slo mo was it apparent that it was not forward. I feel he was influenced by the crowd watching and making a noise about the pass. He should not have been and at most the decision was biased. If he was on the take there were a number of other instances where he could have intervened. The Saders maul try for example, where a defender was taken out away from the ball. Technically it could have been called back but I was ok with it not being called back as I dont believe it would have prevented the try.

The problem with Jonker is that he always believes he's right and he doesn't change his mind. He had decided that it was forward before he even looked at the replays and slo-mos and he wasn't going to be convinced otherwise

Or in other words, the worst possible choice for a TMO.

Probably the worse trait you can *honestly* have in a TMO if thats the case.

Home town TMOs and the guys controlling the replays on the big screen have way too big an impact on games, it gets hilarious how much any suspect play by the away team gets replayed over and over in slow mo, and it sometimes get quite frankly annoying sometimes when they miss important and exciting parts of play because they are trying to milk something from the ref, and no its not just the Saffers who do this.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:13 pm 

For all those that condemn me for saying he is corrupt.....

Do you honestly think the players or public will ever look at him as being honest if they have the misfortune to get him in the future.........

He is tainted and its his doing......

the question is what was his motive...?

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:15 pm 

Sards wrote:

Do you honestly think the players or public will ever look at him as being honest if they have the misfortune to get him in the future.........

It could of just been biased and being influenced by the crowd if it was not just an *honest* mistake. Does not have to mean money changed hands or promises were made.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:16 pm 

Said this a few times, Rasta in the SA A v ENG A game a few years ago was literally the worst performance by a ref I’ve ever seen...

Should have been jailed he was so bad

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:53 pm 

Sards wrote:

Maybe he wan't bribed, maybe he was threatened (Suzy to poison him ;) ). Speak to the expert, that knowledgeable rugby expert Rinky, he will confirm it is all a Stormers conspiracy

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:55 pm 

beachboy wrote:
Sards wrote:

Maybe he wan't bribed, maybe he was threatened (Suzy to poison him ;) ). Speak to the expert, that knowledgeable rugby expert Rinky, he will confirm it is all a Stormers conspiracy

Stormers are tainted with the same paint brush as they were the beneficiaries of his corruption....

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:55 pm 

beachboy wrote:
Sards wrote:

Stormers must really be getting desperate, its been how many years? have they ever been in a final? At least the sharks have been in many, better to be always the bridesmaids than never getting invited to a wedding at all.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:15 pm 

Lots of kak refs everywhere. Every country has their fair share. If you want to see kak refs watch the Pro14 x(

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:19 pm 

That pass was forward.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:55 pm 

OomPB wrote:
That pass was forward.

Just as long as it wasn’t thrown forward.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:29 pm 

Mr Mike wrote:
OomPB wrote:
That pass was forward.

Just as long as it wasn’t thrown forward front his hands.

FTFY

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:04 pm 

Hong Kong wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
OomPB wrote:
That pass was forward.

Just as long as it wasn’t thrown forward from his hands.

FTFY

FTFY

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:04 pm 

Mr Mike wrote:
Hong Kong wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
OomPB wrote:
That pass was forward.

FTFY

FTFY

😂🤦🏻‍♂️

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:06 pm 

It’s so easy. For the case where the passer carries on running at the same pace - as long as it ends up being caught behind him at point of catch it’s fine.

If he’s stopped in his tracks after pass, quite often it’s ruled forward when it shouldn’t be as the refs (simple) brain just sees it being caught ahead of the passer. So there are many forward passes being called which shouldn’t be. But as it’s just too difficult too judge a players probable position, so the direction of hands thing is supposed to be used. Though I think it’s far too hard for a ref to judge that. So they will just judge on was the ball caught ahead of the passing players end position. And also did he pass to a player behind him.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:43 pm 

Hong Kong wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
Hong Kong wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
OomPB wrote:
That pass was forward.

FTFY

FTFY

😂🤦🏻‍♂️

FWIW, I just relied on the definition of “Throw Forward” in the Laws which has the reference to the arms of the player, but good to be thorough.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:16 pm 

Has anyone factored in the earths rotation, orbit around the sun, and the motion of the solar system through the galaxy? It's quite possible it actually traveled quite a long way backwards.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:25 pm 

Fat Old Git wrote:
Has anyone factored in the earths rotation, orbit around the sun, and the motion of the solar system through the galaxy? It's quite possible it actually traveled quite a long way backwards.

:lol: As players you'd need to be cognoscent of this when changing ends at halftime.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:43 am 

Would Jonker have called this forward, because by his interpretation, he should have.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:36 am 

kiwidutchie wrote:

Would Jonker have called this forward, because by his interpretation, he should have.

Is that on a large treadmill?

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:46 am 

Kiwias wrote:
kiwidutchie wrote:

Is that on a large treadmill?

And is the treadmill on wheels?

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 6:36 am 

Jonker: "I want to show you a clear and obvious try"
Ref: "But Marius that's from another game"

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 6:44 am 

Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left
Hong Kong wrote:
FFS! I know you guys are trolling but can we quit with the corruption smears? It was an error - a very bad one that Jonker will no doubt be embarrassed about but it does not help to suggest that he was taking a bung for it....🤦🏻‍♂️

Well, we do know that he is not THAT incompetent HK so what else is there?

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 7:32 am 

Enzedder wrote:
Hong Kong wrote:
FFS! I know you guys are trolling but can we quit with the corruption smears? It was an error - a very bad one that Jonker will no doubt be embarrassed about but it does not help to suggest that he was taking a bung for it....🤦🏻‍♂️

I’d say he was. Sometimes refs, TMOs make horrendous decisions - this was one of them

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 7:46 am 

Hong Kong wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
Hong Kong wrote:

I’d say he was. Sometimes refs, TMOs make horrendous decisions - this was one of them

you are talking about a South African. The most corrupt nation on earth

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 7:55 am 

This is totally unfair, how do they expect the Stormers to win or draw if they don't have "their" Ref's blowing for them?

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 8:13 am 

Chilli wrote:
This is totally unfair, how do they expect the Stormers to win or draw if they don't have "their" Ref's blowing for them?

Have no idea how you and Sards make the Marius Jonker Stormers connection.

He is a born and bred Nataller. Hate the Stormers just as much as Sards do.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 8:38 am 

OomPB wrote:
Chilli wrote:

Money has no Province or loyalty....The money in your pocket could have paid for sex in Pretoria and it doesn't mean you still can get a hard on.....

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 8:56 am 

Sards wrote:
OomPB wrote:
Chilli wrote:

Money has no Province or loyalty....The money in your pocket could have paid for sex in Pretoria and it doesn't mean you still can get a hard on.....

Is this why you live in Cape Town?

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 9:42 am 

OomPB wrote:
Is this why you live in Cape Town?

THE WESTERN CAPE IS THE BEST EVER......

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:54 pm 

LAW DISCUSSION: 'WE WUZ ROBBED'

As I commented there:

Quote:
I'm disappointed with this article.

Instead of committing to a legal decision about the crucial pass Paul Dobson brings in a number of other incidents where the Saders should have been penalised

This is obfuscating the issue

Sorry Paul, not your best work

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 3:04 pm 

Which raises my point.
Yes the Ref got this wrong but they get others wrong as well. It happens sometimes to your advantage sometimes not.

The best way to avoid a draw or a loss is to beat the opposition by 8 or more. This is something the Crusaders and indeed ABs do very well most of the time.

But as a counter can you remember how many times it went your way? How many close games did you sneak home in hoping the ref misses something you see live or how many "flat" passes led to a try.

This is my last post on this since it is going a bit cold.
Try to be honest over this weeks games when the ref suddenly starts paying attention in the last 4 minutes and think wow we were lucky/unlucky tonight.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 3:48 pm 

Crazy Ed wrote:
Which raises my point.
Yes the Ref got this wrong but they get others wrong as well. It happens sometimes to your advantage sometimes not.

The best way to avoid a draw or a loss is to beat the opposition by 8 or more. This is something the Crusaders and indeed ABs do very well most of the time.

But as a counter can you remember how many times it went your way? How many close games did you sneak home in hoping the ref misses something you see live or how many "flat" passes led to a try.

Try to be honest over this weeks games when the ref suddenly starts paying attention in the last 4 minutes and think wow we were lucky/unlucky tonight.

43-6 at home to the Lions blows way past any of the local stops and takes the express service to Corrupt Town.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 6:52 pm 

Jensrsa wrote:
LAW DISCUSSION: 'WE WUZ ROBBED'

As I commented there:

Quote:
I'm disappointed with this article.

Instead of committing to a legal decision about the crucial pass Paul Dobson brings in a number of other incidents where the Saders should have been penalised

This is obfuscating the issue

Sorry Paul, not your best work

I agree with your comments. Normally, Paul D is much clearer and not so sit on fence, as this article is

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 7:04 pm 

Crazy Ed wrote:
Which raises my point.

That is such a bloody retarded comment. Perhaps you need to consider how teams are prevented from scoring by persistent dubious decisions/stoppages. How exactly do you score points when a ref keeps handing the ball back to the other team, and denies legit scoring.