Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:45 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Moby the player
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20238
CarrotGawks wrote:
Moby was techno? I thought he was electronic-pop?


Harveys used the term techno being dead, I think Electro pop is probably more accurate for Moby but I don't really get hung up on labels.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moby the player
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10140
sewa wrote:
All the crochety old bastards who don't get techno :lol: no one expects you to grandpa


Guys who are grandfathers created the genre.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moby the player
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:18 am
Posts: 4636
Location: The Kapiti Coast
sewa wrote:
CarrotGawks wrote:
Moby was techno? I thought he was electronic-pop?


Harveys used the term techno being dead, I think Electro pop is probably more accurate for Moby but I don't really get hung up on labels.

Referencing a Slim Shady single.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moby the player
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20238
WoodlandsRFC wrote:
sewa wrote:
CarrotGawks wrote:
Moby was techno? I thought he was electronic-pop?


Harveys used the term techno being dead, I think Electro pop is probably more accurate for Moby but I don't really get hung up on labels.

Referencing a Slim Shady single.


Dino Lenny has a banging tune Techno is dead, that scumbag Eminem said nobody listens to Techno but I suspect this is what Harvey's was referring to all right


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moby the player
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:39 pm
Posts: 1543
WoodlandsRFC wrote:
sewa wrote:
CarrotGawks wrote:
Moby was techno? I thought he was electronic-pop?


Harveys used the term techno being dead, I think Electro pop is probably more accurate for Moby but I don't really get hung up on labels.

Referencing a Slim Shady single.


Your calling us old :lol:

I love me some electronica.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moby the player
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20238
Harveys wrote:

Your calling us old :lol:

I love me some electronica.


Ah ok, fair enough. I take it back, my issue is with old people who just hate everything since the ''glory days'' of whenever they were 20


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moby the player
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:39 pm
Posts: 1543
sewa wrote:
WoodlandsRFC wrote:
sewa wrote:
CarrotGawks wrote:
Moby was techno? I thought he was electronic-pop?


Harveys used the term techno being dead, I think Electro pop is probably more accurate for Moby but I don't really get hung up on labels.

Referencing a Slim Shady single.


Dino Lenny has a banging tune Techno is dead, that scumbag Eminem said nobody listens to Techno but I suspect this is what Harvey's was referring to all right


Refering to? It’s what I said. The line & the one before it was referenced to moby.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moby the player
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:39 pm
Posts: 1543
sewa wrote:
Harveys wrote:

Your calling us old :lol:

I love me some electronica.


Ah ok, fair enough. I take it back, my issue is with old people who just hate everything since the ''glory days'' of whenever they were 20


Fair enough :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moby the player
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 2:38 am
Posts: 2854
Location: NZ
Personally recognise his entire contribution to the world in influence as being the end credits of a few Jason Bourne movies


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moby the player
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 2:38 am
Posts: 2854
Location: NZ
sewa wrote:
Harveys wrote:

Your calling us old :lol:

I love me some electronica.


Ah ok, fair enough. I take it back, my issue is with old people who just hate everything since the ''glory days'' of whenever they were 20



Probably cos most of it is shit


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moby the player
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20238
Dark wrote:
sewa wrote:
Harveys wrote:

Your calling us old :lol:

I love me some electronica.


Ah ok, fair enough. I take it back, my issue is with old people who just hate everything since the ''glory days'' of whenever they were 20



Probably cos most of it is shit


Nope, you just don't listen to it enough to have a creditable opinion.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moby the player
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 2:38 am
Posts: 2854
Location: NZ
sewa wrote:
Dark wrote:
sewa wrote:
Harveys wrote:

Your calling us old :lol:

I love me some electronica.


Ah ok, fair enough. I take it back, my issue is with old people who just hate everything since the ''glory days'' of whenever they were 20



Probably cos most of it is shit


Nope, you just don't listen to it enough to have a creditable opinion.



Fair call

Ok. Challenge

Post your most awesome example of music you consider cutting edge.

Then I get to post something


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moby the player
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 48337
Location: Dirty Leeds
Rugby2023 wrote:
Glaston wrote:
Natalie Portman is calling him a fantasist and a creepy old man.
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/ ... ing-memoir

Moby's take sounds realistic enough tbh. She would hardly be the first young aspiring actress latching on to a music star even if she doesn't want to admit it after she became big-time. By her own words, they clearly put in time together.
Quote:
"I was a fan and went to one of his shows when I had just graduated. He was on tour and I was working shooting a film, so we only hung out a handful of times..."

Except she wasn't an aspiring actress she was a child star who took time out to go to uni in the middle of filming one of the biggest films of all time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moby the player
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20238
Dark wrote:


Fair call

Ok. Challenge

Post your most awesome example of music you consider cutting edge.

Then I get to post something


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS0PoExhD7o

How about a bit of Fontaines DC for starters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkF_G-RF66M

Then a bit of Idles, Danny Nedelko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAfuA4PhdlY

And a bit of Sleaford mods after


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moby the player
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 2:38 am
Posts: 2854
Location: NZ
sewa wrote:
Dark wrote:


Fair call

Ok. Challenge

Post your most awesome example of music you consider cutting edge.

Then I get to post something


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS0PoExhD7o

How about a bit of Fontaines DC for starters


Well that is just mean

That is actually a band and they are quite cool.

You need to learn the rules

You post dancy electro crap. I take the piss and post older stuff that started it.

I feel cheated

:(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moby the player
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:07 am
Posts: 2261
Location: Kirikiriroa
Newsome wrote:
Dark wrote:
Sensible Stephen wrote:
Apparently he said he dated Natalie Portman for a while when she was in her 20s.

She came out and said no, he was a creepy 30 something hitting on her when she was 18. :lol:



Her saying she didn't and he was a creepy old dude has hurt his feelings

Now he is saying she is just embarrassed they dated

Weeeiiiirrrrddddoooooo

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-48365294


He's handily provided a photo. What a creeper :lol:

Image


He should of come up with a better photo, he looks like a 40 year old druggie and she looks like shes 14 if that, not the look to go for if he is trying to keep the creep factor down.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moby the player
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20238
Dark wrote:

Well that is just mean

That is actually a band and they are quite cool.

You need to learn the rules

You post dancy electro crap. I take the piss and post older stuff that started it.

I feel cheated

:(


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ1mFyzWjV8

Some sleafords Electro Punk might do the trick?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moby the player
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 2:38 am
Posts: 2854
Location: NZ
sewa wrote:
Dark wrote:

Well that is just mean

That is actually a band and they are quite cool.

You need to learn the rules

You post dancy electro crap. I take the piss and post older stuff that started it.

I feel cheated

:(


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ1mFyzWjV8

Some sleafords Electro Punk might do the trick?


TBF That is shit


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moby the player
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 1:32 pm
Posts: 420
Dark wrote:
sewa wrote:
Dark wrote:

Well that is just mean

That is actually a band and they are quite cool.

You need to learn the rules

You post dancy electro crap. I take the piss and post older stuff that started it.

I feel cheated

:(


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ1mFyzWjV8

Some sleafords Electro Punk might do the trick?


TBF That is shit


You might hate this too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcwvJpvkOvk&t=663s


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moby the player
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20238
CarrotGawks wrote:


That is quality, I was going to put up those wonderful Aussies The Chats but I reckon yours will annoy him even more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j58V2vC9EPc


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moby the player
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 1:32 pm
Posts: 420
sewa wrote:
CarrotGawks wrote:


That is quality, I was going to put up those wonderful Aussies The Chats but I reckon yours will annoy him even more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j58V2vC9EPc


Can't listen to mine while on smoko. Probably could while you have a pub feed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moby the player
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20238
CarrotGawks wrote:
sewa wrote:
CarrotGawks wrote:


That is quality, I was going to put up those wonderful Aussies The Chats but I reckon yours will annoy him even more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j58V2vC9EPc


Can't listen to mine while on smoko. Probably could while you have a pub feed.


:lol: :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moby the player
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11072
Harden up!!! wrote:
Newsome wrote:
Dark wrote:
Sensible Stephen wrote:
Apparently he said he dated Natalie Portman for a while when she was in her 20s.

She came out and said no, he was a creepy 30 something hitting on her when she was 18. :lol:



Her saying she didn't and he was a creepy old dude has hurt his feelings

Now he is saying she is just embarrassed they dated

Weeeiiiirrrrddddoooooo

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-48365294


He's handily provided a photo. What a creeper :lol:

Image


He should of come up with a better photo, he looks like a 40 year old druggie and she looks like shes 14 if that, not the look to go for if he is trying to keep the creep factor down.

He looks like a younger Wallace from Wallace and Grommit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moby the player
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:07 am
Posts: 2261
Location: Kirikiriroa
ScarfaceClaw wrote:
Harden up!!! wrote:
Newsome wrote:
Dark wrote:
Sensible Stephen wrote:
Apparently he said he dated Natalie Portman for a while when she was in her 20s.

She came out and said no, he was a creepy 30 something hitting on her when she was 18. :lol:



Her saying she didn't and he was a creepy old dude has hurt his feelings

Now he is saying she is just embarrassed they dated

Weeeiiiirrrrddddoooooo

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-48365294


He's handily provided a photo. What a creeper :lol:

Image


He should of come up with a better photo, he looks like a 40 year old druggie and she looks like shes 14 if that, not the look to go for if he is trying to keep the creep factor down.

He looks like a younger Wallace from Wallace and Grommit.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol


a good autobiography would be one from a woman naming names and who was utterly useless, who was good, who could not get it up and everything, especially if she was mega famous and it included a lot of famous and powerful men in it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moby the player
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1491
itt folk that know nothing about techno...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moby the player
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7978
Dark wrote:
sewa wrote:
Dark wrote:


Fair call

Ok. Challenge

Post your most awesome example of music you consider cutting edge.

Then I get to post something


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS0PoExhD7o

How about a bit of Fontaines DC for starters


Well that is just mean

That is actually a band and they are quite cool.

You need to learn the rules

You post dancy electro crap. I take the piss and post older stuff that started it.

I feel cheated

:(


I'm guessing you're thinking of trance and not techno. You can definitely dance to techno but I wouldn't call it dancy. Techno and its cousin tech house are awesome.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moby the player
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2068
Location: At the back of the Red & Black pack
Moby ain't techno. Not even close.

He's an electronic music producer but he sure as hell isn't renowned for producing techno music.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moby the player
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16120
Harden up!!! wrote:


a good autobiography would be one from a woman naming names and who was utterly useless, who was good, who could not get it up and everything, especially if she was mega famous and it included a lot of famous and powerful men in it.


I imagine there probably is some mega groupie from the 60's/70's who's written a book like that. That one who was in the video for She Was Hot by the Stones maybe.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moby the player
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5769
From an email I received

Quote:
>> Knob/touch <<
Moby's idea of fun

Moby's new memoir has been getting absolutely pasted in the press these last few days as the famous women he says he's "dated" are now lining up to refute his claims. He's long been known to Popbitch readers as the sort of creep that even BBC light entertainers would be quick to distance themselves from – so none of this should come as any real surprise.



Moby was well known in his heyday for playing a game called 'Knobtouch', which involved him and a mate getting their knobs out in a crowd and seeing how many women they could touch with them without getting caught.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moby the player
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 7:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10874
Location: Best country in the world.
What a very sad bastard......https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/ ... bys-memoir


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Moby the player
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 8:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2966
The Sun God wrote:


:lol:

What an absolute knob head.

Loved this excerpt though:

"Someone in the living room put on London Calling, but Joe Strummer, who apparently was still there, yelled: ‘Oh, fudge no!’"

God love ya, Joe.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Achahoish, Bayern, Bing [Bot], Bokkom, de_Selby, doodles.dude, fatheralice, Flametop, Google Adsense [Bot], Jensrsa, J Man, Laurent, malky, marcus1, maxbox, my 2 cents, Nolanator, Still Not Playing, UncleFB, Wignu and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group