Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:42 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:22 pm 

shereblue wrote:
ForzaIt wrote:
shereblue wrote:
ForzaIt wrote:

There are far more checks and balances now than there were then. I don't look at people like Alastair Campbell, Tony Blair and Owen Jones and think - that's the side of the argument I should be on.

You look at the personalities. I look at the arguments.

Oh I'm sorry, I thought you incongruously mentioned Mussolini? It must have been someone else.

Well, well. Didn't think I was commenting on Mussolini's personality at all. Perhaps twisting points and deflection is cute politically?

As you seek to raise personality, I think Benito had some genuinely attractive traits that I have never discerned in Hitler or Franco.

Clara Petacci clearly thought so...

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:23 pm 

Farage becoming Pm is about as likely as Trump was becoming president about 5 years ago

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:25 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Relative poverty and food banks.

A family of 4 on UK benefits alone are in the top 2% of the globes earners.

So a UK family of 4 on benefits are in the top 150 million earners in the world?

Link?

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:26 pm 

backrow wrote:
Farage becoming Pm is about as likely as Trump was becoming president about 5 years ago

Yep. Though I reckon the Tories would have tried to take him back in the fold before it got to that stage.

What a time to be alive! :?

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:33 pm 

Corbyn will be PM by this time next year,,

and then we will be in the sh8t,,

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:40 pm 

madman wrote:

.......and we are not already? It will just be deeper and smellier.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:25 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
bimboman wrote:
c69 wrote:
Not really a shock the Tories feck the country up again because of right wing ideological squabbles.
Useless bigotted twats, Party before country every time.

Record employment, wages in front of inflation and good growth. Record Health funding.

Sure they need to sort out the debt and cut some taxes but considering what the laughable twats from the left gave us in 2010 it’s a miracle....

The 1.8m on zero hours contracts might have something to say about that.

It says that casual Labour has been officially recorded that’s all.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:26 pm 

SaintK wrote:
madman wrote:

.......and we are not already? It will just be deeper and smellier.

Not really, were growing with low unemployment...

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:27 pm 

bimboman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
bimboman wrote:
c69 wrote:
Not really a shock the Tories feck the country up again because of right wing ideological squabbles.

Record employment, wages in front of inflation and good growth. Record Health funding.

Sure they need to sort out the debt and cut some taxes but considering what the laughable twats from the left gave us in 2010 it’s a miracle....

Officially recorded as employed, as opposed to casual.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:28 pm 

Saint wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Saint wrote:
Rugby2023 wrote:
Saint wrote:
Not just ungovernable, but unelectable. Maybe for a generation, maybe longer.

Whatever happens post Brexit, the Tories will take the blame (let's not kid ourselves, there's not going to be anything to take credit for)

Depends what direction they go. 70% plus of their voters are/were Leavers, they need to get those voters back asap.

Even if they only lose the 30% remainers (who are leaving ssap) then they're screwed. The Tory party needs both sides.

Not to mention those that simply have lost faith in their reputation for rational governance

The only thing that can save us is people don’t want Marxism.

I also don't want this shower of shit

And I definitely don't want an ideologue hard Brexiteer

I don't see the Tories surviving in Oxfordshire, Bucks, or Berks. They will lose enough seats that they simply can't be a potential viable government.

We are more likely to be saved from PM Corbyn simply because Labour are splitting themselves, albeit less spectacularly.

I think most realistically we're heading for a long period of centre/centre-left coalitions, as the stink from this will haunt the Tories for a long time

The current Tories are centre left. The Tories will be back post bankruptcy.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:28 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
bimboman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
bimboman wrote:
c69 wrote:

Officially recorded as employed, as opposed to casual.

Ta da.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:56 pm 

Nobleman wrote:
Rugby2023 wrote:
Saint wrote:

Whatever happens post Brexit, the Tories will take the blame (let's not kid ourselves, there's not going to be anything to take credit for)

Depends what direction they go. 70% plus of their voters are/were Leavers, they need to get those voters back asap.

You mean 70% of the members and the associations (aka the swivelled eyed loons) . That was May's biggest mistake as she went full UKIP in the Lancaster House speech and lost all of the middle ground. The Conservative party has traditionally been the pro-business centrist party but after that speech they became an authoritarian, anti-business right wing party.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/05/t ... yed-loons/

So I read that article and was genuinely perplexed. Yes TM did seem lock herself into some (surprisngly) strong Brexit opening positions, but it didn't last. The idea the WA was more than Leavers originally expected is quite literally bonkers. As articles go, that's a case of "Look at all my luverly access. Never mind the insight."

Every step of the Brexit process, TM moved towards Remain positions. The final WA is "synthetic" full memebership without freedom of movement. All those Remainers crapping on about compromise, but who didn't vote for it, are the real phoneys.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:32 pm 

backrow wrote:

A lot less likely. You can't hijack a party in the UK like you can in the USA

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:36 pm 

backrow wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
ForzaIt wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
ForzaIt wrote:
If The Brexit Party does as well as the polls suggest in the EU elections then get ready for them the stand in the next UK general election as well - and do equally as well. Farage has got real momentum behind him - the unthinkable is very much a possibility.

Farage still won't be able to get himself into parliament let alone lots of other shitstains

And that is the sort of apathy that has allowed Farage to outmaneuver everyone over and over again. Politically, Farage is top level.

Apathy :lol: :lol: :lol:

He hasn't outmanoeuvred everyone over and over again. He has stood for parliament over and over and over and over and over and over again and been outmanoeuvred over and over and over and over and over and over again. MEP is not MP. I hope he does stand again in a UK general election

FFS

If brexit party do well today, and a GE occurs soon, then he could easily get into parliament

The Brexit party will do well today and he will stand again. He will lose for the 8th time.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:38 pm 

Anonymous. wrote:
backrow wrote:

Hijack? He's about to win more seats in the EU with a party that didn't exist 6 months ago.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:44 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Saint wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Saint wrote:
Rugby2023 wrote:

Even if they only lose the 30% remainers (who are leaving ssap) then they're screwed. The Tory party needs both sides.

Not to mention those that simply have lost faith in their reputation for rational governance

The only thing that can save us is people don’t want Marxism.

I also don't want this shower of shit

And I definitely don't want an ideologue hard Brexiteer

I don't see the Tories surviving in Oxfordshire, Bucks, or Berks. They will lose enough seats that they simply can't be a potential viable government.

We are more likely to be saved from PM Corbyn simply because Labour are splitting themselves, albeit less spectacularly.

I think most realistically we're heading for a long period of centre/centre-left coalitions, as the stink from this will haunt the Tories for a long time

This isn't centre left unless you're an American. They are currently on toast round here and it will be a long time before they are forgiven

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:44 pm 

ForzaIt wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
backrow wrote:

Hijack? He's about to win more seats in the EU with a party that didn't exist 6 months ago.

And what the fuck has that got to do with what I said ?

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:45 pm 

backrow wrote:

He can lead you into a glorious ground war with Iran

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:47 pm 

Anonymous. wrote:
ForzaIt wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
backrow wrote:

You said Farage was less likely than Trump due to not being able to 'hijack' an established party. He doesn't need to hijack any party to become Prime Minister.

It's all in the words really.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:50 pm 

ForzaIt wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
ForzaIt wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
backrow wrote:

You said Farage was less likely than Trump due to not being able to 'hijack' an established party. He doesn't need to hijack any party to become Prime Minister.

You clearly don't get the difference between getting elected as a MEP and what it takes to form a UK government.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:54 pm 

Anonymous. wrote:
ForzaIt wrote:

You clearly don't get the difference between getting elected as a MEP and what it takes to form a UK government.

You need 326 MPs.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:57 pm 

ForzaIt wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
ForzaIt wrote:

You need 326 MPs.

Google is your friend. Explore

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 3:07 pm 

Anonymous. wrote:
ForzaIt wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
ForzaIt wrote:

You need 326 MPs.

You need 326 MPs.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 3:13 pm 

I see some chat now that TM will resign as leader of the Cons but remain as caretaker PM until Trump has f**ked off...

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 3:16 pm 

ForzaIt wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
ForzaIt wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
ForzaIt wrote:

You need 326 MPs.

You need 326 MPs.

OK
Due to him not being able to hijack a party in the UK like Trump was able to in the USA do you agree it would be a lot less likely that he would be able to become PM.Not is it possible but just would it be a lot more difficult ?

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 3:20 pm 

Anonymous. wrote:
ForzaIt wrote:

You need 326 MPs.

OK
Due to him not being able to hijack a party in the UK like Trump was able to in the USA do you agree it would be a lot less likely that he would be able to become PM.Not is it possible but just would it be a lot more difficult ?

I'll let you know on Tuesday.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 3:22 pm 

ForzaIt wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
ForzaIt wrote:

You need 326 MPs.

OK

Tosser

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 3:30 pm 

Anonymous. wrote:
ForzaIt wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
ForzaIt wrote:

You need 326 MPs.

OK

Tosser

See you next Tuesday

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 3:49 pm 

ForzaIt wrote:
backrow wrote:

Yep. Though I reckon the Tories would have tried to take him back in the fold before it got to that stage.

Boris dumped and disinterested after a failed election. Failed Corbyn coalition. Farage in a Conservative Party shorn of the One Nation element. The most plausible scenario for a Farage Premiership. Minority Government too. IMO. He's a disrupter rather than a do-er mind and I don't think he'd seek it.

What a time to emigrate.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:16 pm 

shereblue wrote:
ForzaIt wrote:
backrow wrote:

Boris dumped and disinterested after a failed election. Failed Corbyn coalition. Farage in a Conservative Party shorn of the One Nation element. The most plausible scenario for a Farage Premiership. Minority Government too. IMO. He's a disrupter rather than a do-er mind and I don't think he'd seek it.

What a time to emigrate.

Leaders don't have to come up with policies. They delegate everything. I don't believe much of the guff that Farage comes out with but I can appreciate that he is a very good communicator and he understands the strength of zeitgeist as a means of connecting with people. People have been underestimating him for 20 years but you'd struggle to think of a political figure in the last 20 years who has had a more profound influence on both the UK and the EU than he has.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:20 pm 

ForzaIt wrote:
shereblue wrote:
ForzaIt wrote:
backrow wrote:

What a time to emigrate.

Leaders don't have to come up with policies. They delegate everything. I don't believe much of the guff that Farage comes out with but I can appreciate that he is a very good communicator and he understands the strength of zeitgeist as a means of connecting with people. People have been underestimating him for 20 years but you'd struggle to think of a political figure in the last 20 years who has had a more profound influence on both the UK and the EU than he has.

Those EU leaders must be pretty impotent and certainly incapable of forming an army or federal state then. Anglocentric moron.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:36 pm 

bimboman wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:43 pm 

P in VG wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Not enough overt killing of poor people to be considered centre right.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:50 pm 

AND-y wrote:
Anglocentric moron.

Nice avatar

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:17 pm 

P in VG wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Jesus

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:22 pm 

CarrotGawks wrote:
P in VG wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Not enough overt killing of poor people to be considered centre right.

Well none at all. Of course traditionally it’s the left that kills its poor.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:34 pm 

Nobleman wrote:
Rugby2023 wrote:
Saint wrote:

You mean 70% of the members and the associations (aka the swivelled eyed loons) . That was May's biggest mistake as she went full UKIP in the Lancaster House speech and lost all of the middle ground. The Conservative party has traditionally been the pro-business centrist party but after that speech they became an authoritarian, anti-business right wing party.

No, I was referring to voters. 7 out of 10 Tory constituencies voted Leave in 2016. In 2017, 70% of Tory voters were Leavers.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:34 pm 

Rugby2023 wrote:
Saint wrote:

So that leaves 30% tory remain supporters, 70% of Labour voters are remain, plus nearly all LibDems, Greens, SNP and PC. The tories will never get back 70% of their leave voters if Farage decides to contest a general election with the Brexshit party.

It's over for the tories, and they know it.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:36 pm 

easyray wrote:
Rugby2023 wrote:
Saint wrote:

So that leaves 30% tory remain supporters, 70% of Labour voters are remain, plus nearly all LibDems, Greens, SNP and PC. The tories will never get back 70% of their leave voters if Farage decides to contest a general election with the Brexshit party.

Unless they get a brexit leader and deliver brexit. They’ll only be out of power for one term though as the Marxists will bankrupt the country.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:41 pm 

bimboman wrote:
easyray wrote:
Rugby2023 wrote:
Saint wrote:

Unless they get a brexit leader and deliver brexit. They’ll only be out of power for one term though as the Marxists will bankrupt the country.
The Marxists are your brothers in arms.

https://www.cpbml.org.uk/leave

Several communists are MEP candidates for the Brexit Party.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next