Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 581 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 2:38 am
Posts: 2391
Location: NZ
The mischievous side of me wants Boris to get it so we can watch the car crash, and him crumbling May style 2.10


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14865
Location: Investigating racism in the NHS
I only just saw the Telegraph article yesterday reporting that Priti Patel is considering joining the leadership race

:lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10400
Location: Coalfalls
Dark wrote:
The mischievous side of me wants Boris to get it so we can watch the car crash, and him crumbling May style 2.10

Understood. Many a shit and a giggle to be had by watching that silly fat fúck attempt to actually run a country.

Even better: I don't live there, so what do I care about the consequences!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6735
Thought Raab was very good on Marr earlier. Kept his temper in check and answered all the questions


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm
Posts: 34735
Location: For Wales the Welsh and Leinster
slick wrote:
Thought Raab was very good on Marr earlier. Kept his temper in check and answered all the questions

He was calm and measured but he certainly did not answer all that was put to him.
He obfuscated when asked about Boris time and time again.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3361
Yeah, it will be Boris, with JRM as chancellor and Mark Francois as foreign secretary.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4274
Location: 'ertfordshire
openclashXX wrote:
I only just saw the Telegraph article yesterday reporting that Priti Patel is considering joining the leadership race

:lol: :lol:

Who do these arses think they are? FFS, can anyone envisage a party of governmant lead by the likes of McVey, Leadsome or Truss? Not sure the Tories will trust it to another woman anyway.
The only ones of any interest to me are Hancock and Stewart who are fairly untainted by the current Tory poison (well mainly Stewart), though it's probably to soon for either of them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3727
Location: Still at the end of the world
backrow wrote:
Newsome wrote:
Fair enough. I think she should be crucified for sacking 20,000 police officers. Crime rates suddenly rise :roll:


Ah but ask yourself, why did she sack that many cops? Answer - to save cash.
And why did cash need to be saved ? Because Labour almost bankrupted the country.

Lefties always seem to line up to bash the tories without any acceptance of root cause and effect of any subsequent austerity policies. (Not saying you are a lefty, don’t know you)

Fwiw I agree that reducing police spending was an awful decision and she was pretty much the worst Home Secretary and then PM ever.


Should never have bailed those bankers which caused the crash out. I'm sure the tories would not have helped them out :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18257
It's lovely watching these wankers parade themselves, knowing that it's just a group of ageing Tory members that gets to set domestic and international policy for the country.

Nobody cares though these days.

We'll be invaded by the USA soon, trying to establish democracy and freedom.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18257
c69 wrote:
So 8 Tory MPs have declared their intention to stand at present.
It's already getting nasty and messy, I suspect smears and sneers will be the order of the day
Rory Stewart is perhaps the strangest looking man in all Christendom he makes Pob look normal


Just seen a Tweet that I couldn't help chuckling at:

Quote:
Rory Stewart looks like he's just opened the Ark of the Covenant.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 2:38 am
Posts: 2391
Location: NZ
It is kind of funny to watch people think another leader is going to have some miraculous change to the problem.


Europe doesn't want countries to leave


It sets a bad precedent and encourages others.

What ever gains May got will be off the table again.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18257
Quote:
It is kind of funny to watch people think another leader is going to have some miraculous change to the problem.


It might be funny from NZ, but I assure you that most people here are staggered that a group of reckless twats can pretend miracles can happen just so they can advance their career.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 50440
SaintK wrote:
openclashXX wrote:
I only just saw the Telegraph article yesterday reporting that Priti Patel is considering joining the leadership race

:lol: :lol:

Who do these arses think they are? FFS, can anyone envisage a party of governmant lead by the likes of McVey, Leadsome or Truss? Not sure the Tories will trust it to another woman anyway.
The only ones of any interest to me are Hancock and Stewart who are fairly untainted by the current Tory poison (well mainly Stewart), though it's probably to soon for either of them.



While I agree Priti isn’t up to it, Hancock and Stewart will finish the Tories off for good,


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 2:38 am
Posts: 2391
Location: NZ
SamShark wrote:
Quote:
It is kind of funny to watch people think another leader is going to have some miraculous change to the problem.


It might be funny from NZ, but I assure you that most people here are staggered that a group of reckless twats can pretend miracles can happen just so they can advance their career.



Well shit happens

Just have another referendum and knock the stupid idea on the head


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4274
Location: 'ertfordshire
bimboman wrote:
SaintK wrote:
openclashXX wrote:
I only just saw the Telegraph article yesterday reporting that Priti Patel is considering joining the leadership race

:lol: :lol:

Who do these arses think they are? FFS, can anyone envisage a party of governmant lead by the likes of McVey, Leadsome or Truss? Not sure the Tories will trust it to another woman anyway.
The only ones of any interest to me are Hancock and Stewart who are fairly untainted by the current Tory poison (well mainly Stewart), though it's probably to soon for either of them.



While I agree Priti isn’t up to it, Hancock and Stewart will finish the Tories off for good,

Why, how? Stewart comes over as a very interesting character albeit with little experience at present.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18257
You should ask him why a no deal lunatic helps the Tories long term, rather than why he doesn't rate Stewart (which is obvious, as he's not a no dealer).

Who is your pick Bimbo?

I see you as a Raab man?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:40 pm
Posts: 3656
Location: Suffolk ba
Stocks of popcorn taking a big hit

The Express* is claiming that dossiers on Mr Johnson’s private life and his main rival Dominic Raab are being prepared to “take them out of the race”.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1132112/nigel-farage-boris-johnson-brexit-tory-leadership-odds-brexit-party

*I categorically deny I subscribe to this rage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 2:38 am
Posts: 2391
Location: NZ
She aint that hard

Have another referendum. The vote will be sane, to stay. And bobs your uncle


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14865
Location: Investigating racism in the NHS
ManInTheBar wrote:
The Express* is claiming that dossiers on Mr Johnson’s private life and his main rival Dominic Raab are being prepared to “take them out of the race”.


This happened last time too - remember Stephen Crabb being forced to withdraw once the papers dug up the sexting scandal

You have to admire the press sometimes, they're like highly trained snipers with the ability to take out politicians at the legs and let the vultures of the British electorate devour them completely

I suspect more than a few of these failed leadership candidates will wind up with their careers virtually finished by the press coverage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18257
Quote:
I suspect more than a few of these failed leadership candidates will wind up with their careers virtually finished by the press coverage


These days you can ignore what you want though and just rely on fanatical zeal.

Farage is a guy who flys round on private jets, Chelsea home, chauffeur - all paid for by his backers - whilst moaning about elites.

He does sod all work as an MEP - openly admits this - but takes the wages and expenses.

He lies, and refuses to answer questions.

Yet his fans just say "No worries Nige, we know it's just the elite who don't like it up em so make up stories about you".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5505
Location: LOL! WISDOM!
Dark wrote:
It is kind of funny to watch people think another leader is going to have some miraculous change to the problem.


Europe doesn't want countries to leave


It sets a bad precedent and encourages others.

What ever gains May got will be off the table again.

It might want the UK to leave when it sees the shower of shit we've elected to the EU parliament


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:40 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33890
Calculus wrote:
Yeah, it will be Boris, with JRM as chancellor and Mark Francois as foreign secretary.

Defence surely, where he can play toy soldiers all day long.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5505
Location: LOL! WISDOM!
openclashXX wrote:
ManInTheBar wrote:
The Express* is claiming that dossiers on Mr Johnson’s private life and his main rival Dominic Raab are being prepared to “take them out of the race”.


This happened last time too - remember Stephen Crabb being forced to withdraw once the papers dug up the sexting scandal

You have to admire the press sometimes, they're like highly trained snipers with the ability to take out politicians at the legs and let the vultures of the British electorate devour them completely

I suspect more than a few of these failed leadership candidates will wind up with their careers virtually finished by the press coverage

Surprised it's the express.... the mail and Murdoch's lot definitely don't like him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14865
Location: Investigating racism in the NHS
Farage is a unique specimen though, his undying nature, his ability to continuously rebrand himself and his imperviousness from press attacks are pretty remarkable even for a politician

some of the bland dross being put forward for the leadership contest aren't even in the same league as him - one newspaper scoop about some dick pic Matt Hancock sent a girl at university or how Esther McVey called a cleaning lady 'coloured' rather than 'black' would torpedo any ambitions these no-hopers ever had

this is the problem with putting your head above the parapet - you have to be prepared for the press onslaught and sadly it seems a number of these leadership candidates are casualties waiting to happen


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18257
Dominic Raab said he was the "detail guy" today, which I assume is his key "I'm better than Boris" line.

The detail guy who didn't read the Good Friday Agreement or realise Dover was an important port.

The detail guy who in the same sentence said if we leave with no deal we keep £39bn then literally seconds later admitted this wasn't the case.

The detail guy who today says he will reduce income tax by 5p, costing £15bn, immediately set upon by experts who say this number is a total fantasy.

(You guessed it, the £15bn is "efficiency savings")


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20075
camroc1 wrote:
Calculus wrote:
Yeah, it will be Boris, with JRM as chancellor and Mark Francois as foreign secretary.

Defence surely, where he can play toy soldiers all day long.


Varadkar does not even have the option.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 50440
SaintK wrote:
bimboman wrote:
SaintK wrote:
openclashXX wrote:
I only just saw the Telegraph article yesterday reporting that Priti Patel is considering joining the leadership race

:lol: :lol:

Who do these arses think they are? FFS, can anyone envisage a party of governmant lead by the likes of McVey, Leadsome or Truss? Not sure the Tories will trust it to another woman anyway.
The only ones of any interest to me are Hancock and Stewart who are fairly untainted by the current Tory poison (well mainly Stewart), though it's probably to soon for either of them.



While I agree Priti isn’t up to it, Hancock and Stewart will finish the Tories off for good,

Why, how? Stewart comes over as a very interesting character albeit with little experience at present.



Continuation remain. I agree Stewart is interesting and I would bet against him winning.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1074
message #2527204 wrote:
openclashXX wrote:
ManInTheBar wrote:
The Express* is claiming that dossiers on Mr Johnson’s private life and his main rival Dominic Raab are being prepared to “take them out of the race”.


This happened last time too - remember Stephen Crabb being forced to withdraw once the papers dug up the sexting scandal

You have to admire the press sometimes, they're like highly trained snipers with the ability to take out politicians at the legs and let the vultures of the British electorate devour them completely

I suspect more than a few of these failed leadership candidates will wind up with their careers virtually finished by the press coverage

Surprised it's the express.... the mail and Murdoch's lot definitely don't like him.


You should remember that the Express is now part of the Mirror Group, and so is now in the ‘all Tories are evil’ camp.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:48 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33890
Mick Mannock wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
Calculus wrote:
Yeah, it will be Boris, with JRM as chancellor and Mark Francois as foreign secretary.

Defence surely, where he can play toy soldiers all day long.


Varadkar does not even have the option.

Have you not noticed that Varadkar is PM of a country that is not the UK, and therefore not eligible to be UK defence or other secretary.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:36 pm
Posts: 13349
Location: Above you.
openclashXX wrote:
ManInTheBar wrote:
The Express* is claiming that dossiers on Mr Johnson’s private life and his main rival Dominic Raab are being prepared to “take them out of the race”.


This happened last time too - remember Stephen Crabb being forced to withdraw once the papers dug up the sexting scandal

You have to admire the press sometimes, they're like highly trained snipers with the ability to take out politicians at the legs and let the vultures of the British electorate devour them completely

I suspect more than a few of these failed leadership candidates will wind up with their careers virtually finished by the press coverage


I thought it was his blatant disregard of World Rugby Laws 19.5 & 19.24


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5505
Location: LOL! WISDOM!
openclashXX wrote:
Farage is a unique specimen though, his undying nature, his ability to continuously rebrand himself and his imperviousness from press attacks are pretty remarkable even for a politician

some of the bland dross being put forward for the leadership contest aren't even in the same league as him - one newspaper scoop about some dick pic Matt Hancock sent a girl at university or how Esther McVey called a cleaning lady 'coloured' rather than 'black' would torpedo any ambitions these no-hopers ever had

this is the problem with putting your head above the parapet - you have to be prepared for the press onslaught and sadly it seems a number of these leadership candidates are casualties waiting to happen

Farage only has one policy. It's easy for his supporters to ignore everything else that is unlikable about him. I think only the most ardent supporters would actually want him in charge of the country.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 50440
SamShark wrote:
You should ask him why a no deal lunatic helps the Tories long term, rather than why he doesn't rate Stewart (which is obvious, as he's not a no dealer).

Who is your pick Bimbo?

I see you as a Raab man?



I fear only Boris can save the Tories at a GE and I’m not that much a fan. Raab seems to lack detail. Stewart would still have to get something on the backstop changed, which would only happen if no deal was back on the table.

I reckon Mays job for remain was to get the country to the Euro elections which will allow remain to be on what ever People’s Vote we have later this year.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18257
bimboman wrote:
SamShark wrote:
You should ask him why a no deal lunatic helps the Tories long term, rather than why he doesn't rate Stewart (which is obvious, as he's not a no dealer).

Who is your pick Bimbo?

I see you as a Raab man?



I fear only Boris can save the Tories at a GE and I’m not that much a fan. Raab seems to lack detail. Stewart would still have to get something on the backstop changed, which would only happen if no deal was back on the table.

I reckon Mays job for remain was to get the country to the Euro elections which will allow remain to be on what ever People’s Vote we have later this year.


This remain conspiracy you think May cooked up is the worst remain conspiracy of all time.

We are now back with no deal as the default, a more annoyed EU and months wasted for Tory leader farce.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 50440
SamShark wrote:
bimboman wrote:
SamShark wrote:
You should ask him why a no deal lunatic helps the Tories long term, rather than why he doesn't rate Stewart (which is obvious, as he's not a no dealer).

Who is your pick Bimbo?

I see you as a Raab man?



I fear only Boris can save the Tories at a GE and I’m not that much a fan. Raab seems to lack detail. Stewart would still have to get something on the backstop changed, which would only happen if no deal was back on the table.

I reckon Mays job for remain was to get the country to the Euro elections which will allow remain to be on what ever People’s Vote we have later this year.


This remain conspiracy you think May cooked up is the worst remain conspiracy of all time.

We are now back with no deal as the default, a more annoyed EU and months wasted for Tory leader farce.



Well not really, we haven’t left and it’s increasingly unlikely. Post today’s election result we are democratically able to stay in post any people’s vote. Stop believing the narrative and look at the actual facts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18257
The facts are a group of wealthy but daft men, threatening no deal again once one of the pricks becomes PM, with that actually happening unless the EU caves in (which it won't).

Maybe a no confidence vote could stop that.

What other situation will occur to stop that? You set out the facts for me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4274
Location: 'ertfordshire
SamShark wrote:
bimboman wrote:
SamShark wrote:
You should ask him why a no deal lunatic helps the Tories long term, rather than why he doesn't rate Stewart (which is obvious, as he's not a no dealer).

Who is your pick Bimbo?

I see you as a Raab man?



I fear only Boris can save the Tories at a GE and I’m not that much a fan. Raab seems to lack detail. Stewart would still have to get something on the backstop changed, which would only happen if no deal was back on the table.

I reckon Mays job for remain was to get the country to the Euro elections which will allow remain to be on what ever People’s Vote we have later this year.


This remain conspiracy you think May cooked up is the worst remain conspiracy of all time.

We are now back with no deal as the default, a more annoyed EU and months wasted for Tory leader farce.

Loathesome formally enters the fray :roll:
Quote:
“I can confirm I will be standing for the leadership of my party and as the next prime minister. I do believe I am the decisive and compassionate leader who can reunite our great country.”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:54 pm
Posts: 3991
slick wrote:
Thought Raab was very good on Marr earlier. Kept his temper in check and answered all the questions


I too would like to be friends with the PM.

Raab might win the "not Boris Brexiteer" so as good a chance as anyone. I don't think he has the personality though. He's too technical.

Talking politics podcast was good for this pattern - Thatcher character, Major dull, Blair character, Brown dull, Cameron character, May dull, next PM character?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 50440
SamShark wrote:
The facts are a group of wealthy but daft men, threatening no deal again once one of the pricks becomes PM, with that actually happening unless the EU caves in (which it won't).

Maybe a no confidence vote could stop that.

What other situation will occur to stop that? You set out the facts for me.



No deal was the only way to leave with any sort of good deal, your inability to accept that basic premise (along with the centrists idiots in parliament) has f ucked us.

All that May and Hammond did for 3 years was treat it as a risk to mitigate and agree with a narrative that no deal was the worst disaster ever rather than actually prepare for it. By the time we leave on Oct for example we will have paid membership dues of 6-8 billion which could have gone on planning.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:54 pm
Posts: 3991
openclashXX wrote:
ManInTheBar wrote:
The Express* is claiming that dossiers on Mr Johnson’s private life and his main rival Dominic Raab are being prepared to “take them out of the race”.


This happened last time too - remember Stephen Crabb being forced to withdraw once the papers dug up the sexting scandal

You have to admire the press sometimes, they're like highly trained snipers with the ability to take out politicians at the legs and let the vultures of the British electorate devour them completely

I suspect more than a few of these failed leadership candidates will wind up with their careers virtually finished by the press coverage


Boris was in the Bullingdon, has been sacked for lying, sacked for having affairs, had numerous other affairs and there's the love child rumour.

He's bulletproof now, the Tory membership don't mind it. Unless he turns Muslim or is secretly gay he's fine. UK's Trump.

Raab could be caught out by some old fashioned affair uncovering as he's been flaunting his wife in the papers lately.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14865
Location: Investigating racism in the NHS
I like haggis wrote:
openclashXX wrote:
ManInTheBar wrote:
The Express* is claiming that dossiers on Mr Johnson’s private life and his main rival Dominic Raab are being prepared to “take them out of the race”.


This happened last time too - remember Stephen Crabb being forced to withdraw once the papers dug up the sexting scandal

You have to admire the press sometimes, they're like highly trained snipers with the ability to take out politicians at the legs and let the vultures of the British electorate devour them completely

I suspect more than a few of these failed leadership candidates will wind up with their careers virtually finished by the press coverage


Boris was in the Bullingdon, has been sacked for lying, sacked for having affairs, had numerous other affairs and there's the love child rumour.

He's bulletproof now, the Tory membership don't mind it. Unless he turns Muslim or is secretly gay he's fine. UK's Trump.

Raab could be caught out by some old fashioned affair uncovering as he's been flaunting his wife in the papers lately.


Agree. Boris is the only one of the lot that's close to bulletproof from the press. He's taken the hits already and survived

Raab, McVey, Hancock, Brady, Baker, Stewart etc have all yet to endure their first ritual humiliation in the British press. Most of them don't seem to have the right stomach for it IMO, they will all fold one-by-one


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 581 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bert, BillW, camroc1, danthefan, fatheralice, Google Adsense [Bot], Google [Bot], Gospel, Gwenno, Harveys, Jeff the Bear, LandOTurk, Nobleman, piquant, Snooze, sunnybanana, swc and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group