Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:44 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: London Sevens
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:24 am 

comets wrote:
Harden up!!! wrote:
comets wrote:
pretty sure every team that ahs won the RWC has had atleast ONE player with a 7's background, so yeah that doesn't bode well for Ireland winning the RWC in 2019 ;)

Who was the guy on the english team in 2003 with the 7s background?

I think most the other teams had players who played sevens at some stage in their squad who won the world cup, but I cannot think of anyone on that english team.

Lawrence Dallaglio

Thanks. Very informative

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:27 am 

I was hoping germany would get onto the sevens series we already have the other home nations in it, and after the reaction on here from the irish to their team making it onto the series I doubly wish another team had made it, it would of grown the game more internationally if another team had made it onto the series.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:32 am 

Harden up!!! wrote:
Conspicuous wrote:
flaggETERNAL wrote:
Irish posters, has your teams performance this weekend and the prospect of them being on the circuit next year done anything to change your view of 7s?

I’m looking forward to watching them on the circuit next year, but then again I was never as negative about their participation as some of my compatriots. The way I see it , the 7’s circuit is giving opportunities to some hard working, talented players who either didn’t quite make it at elite level 15’s or didn’t get the opportunity. The Irish lads have had to do this the hard way , working their way up through the divisions and you can see how much it means to them . They’ve acquitted themselves very well in any invitational appearances they’ve made and I’m sure they’ll do well next season on the circuit. If their success encourages more young players to take up rugby it’s a further bonus.

We must also remember that as rugby becomes more and more attritional we need to find a space for players that aren’t quite 2 metres tall or 120 kg

there are plenty of players who are not 2 meters tall or 120 kgs who are tearing it up at 15s.

No need to take me som literally :lol: You need to be of a certain size and physique to make it in 15’s nowadays. Many players who don’t fit this criteria may still have a chance of making it in 7’s

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:32 am 

Harden up!!! wrote:
after the reaction on here from the irish to their team

After beating the ABs, the Irish shit don't stink no more, bro.

They don't need these feelthy sevens. Bigger fish to fry. :nod:

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:35 am 

flaggETERNAL wrote:
Irish posters, has your teams performance this weekend and the prospect of them being on the circuit next year done anything to change your view of 7s?

No.

That's not to say that a day on the piss in LR should the circus ever come to Dublin wouldn't be very enjoyable indeed.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:36 am 

Harden up!!! wrote:
I was hoping germany would get onto the sevens series we already have the other home nations in it, and after the reaction on here from the irish to their team making it onto the series I doubly wish another team had made it, it would of grown the game more internationally if another team had made it onto the series.

yeah Irish (on this bored and on this planet) have always been cunts, i was also hoping for germany, a great way to get that part of the world interested in rugby in any form..tbf, the 3 biggest sport in Ireland are 3 sports NO ONE outside Ireland gives a shit about (gaylick football, whoreling and cum-orgy :twisted: ) so their opinions on rugby do not matter :uhoh: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Last edited by comets on Mon May 27, 2019 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:37 am 

kiap wrote:
Harden up!!! wrote:
after the reaction on here from the irish to their team

After beating the ABs, the Irish shit don't stink no more, bro.

They don't need these feelthy sevens. Bigger fish to fry. :nod:

Dude they were complaining about have a team in the series, sevens has halped develop and give oportunities to SH players and maybe a few NH ones too.

They can concentrate on finally making it to the semis in a world cup then.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:41 am 

comets wrote:
Harden up!!! wrote:
comets wrote:
pretty sure every team that ahs won the RWC has had atleast ONE player with a 7's background, so yeah that doesn't bode well for Ireland winning the RWC in 2019 ;)

I think most the other teams had players who played sevens at some stage in their squad who won the world cup, but I cannot think of anyone on that english team.

Lawrence Dallaglio

Most of the backline too. Dawson, Lewsey and Greenwood for certain.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:42 am 

Conspicuous wrote:
Harden up!!! wrote:
Conspicuous wrote:
flaggETERNAL wrote:

I’m looking forward to watching them on the circuit next year, but then again I was never as negative about their participation as some of my compatriots. The way I see it , the 7’s circuit is giving opportunities to some hard working, talented players who either didn’t quite make it at elite level 15’s or didn’t get the opportunity. The Irish lads have had to do this the hard way , working their way up through the divisions and you can see how much it means to them . They’ve acquitted themselves very well in any invitational appearances they’ve made and I’m sure they’ll do well next season on the circuit. If their success encourages more young players to take up rugby it’s a further bonus.

We must also remember that as rugby becomes more and more attritional we need to find a space for players that aren’t quite 2 metres tall or 120 kg

there are plenty of players who are not 2 meters tall or 120 kgs who are tearing it up at 15s.

No need to take me som literally :lol: You need to be of a certain size and physique to make it in 15’s nowadays. Many players who don’t fit this criteria may still have a chance of making it in 7’s

To some degree but average sized blokes or just below average 5.8-5.10 79-85kg can still play positions like 9 and 10 if they have the skills for it. Basically most men in countries where people are bigger if they have the skills can play rugby, like in western countries and others.

And they have big blokes in sevens too, just not many front rowers, well props.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:43 am 

happyhooker wrote:
Harden up!!! wrote:
comets wrote:

Dallaglio has a sevens world cup medal

Josh Lewsey has a Hong Kong 7s medal

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:44 am 

danny_fitz wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
Harden up!!! wrote:
comets wrote:

Dallaglio has a sevens world cup medal

Josh Lewsey has a Hong Kong 7s medal

The full back who converted from league would of been awesome at sevens.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:51 am 

Jason Robinson?

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:59 am 

lorcanoworms wrote:
Jason Robinson?

Yes, did he play sevens? If he did he must of torn up.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:19 pm 

Harden up!!! wrote:
lorcanoworms wrote:
Jason Robinson?

Yes, did he play sevens? If he did he must of torn up.

Sounds like he would have loved to have played.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akX2Sd39EqA

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:29 pm 

nice to see english players appreciated 7's, wish them irish cunts had the same level of intelligence... yep an English 7's team of then Dallaglio, vickery, back, dawson lewsey, greenwood and robinson, would have been superb in the late 90's early 2000's ..

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:30 pm 

comets wrote:
nice to see english players appreciated 7's, wish them irish cunts had the same level of intelligence... yep an English 7's team of then Dallaglio, vickery, back, dawson lewsey, greenwood and robinson, would have been superb in the late 90's early 2000's ..

wilko would not of been bad at the play maker, get those drop kick conversions over.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:44 pm 

comets wrote:

Vickery?? Ffs.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:50 pm 

happyhooker wrote:
comets wrote:

Vickery?? Ffs.

lifting for the kickoffs? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:51 pm 

all teams back then had one fattie :P the raging bull is a name for 7's rugby ...could easily interchange with johnson :P

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:58 pm 

comets wrote:
all teams back then had one fattie :P the raging bull is a name for 7's rugby ...could easily interchange with johnson :P

So you give them the fattest of them all? Did bill cavubati play sevens for fiji?

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:02 pm 

Harden up!!! wrote:
comets wrote:

So you give them the fattest of them all? Did bill cavubati play sevens for fiji?

vickery's weight is exaggerated, being 125 and 6'3 is actually not bad, basically the weight and height of most fijian and samoan flankers..nah in recent years only one prop played 7's for fiji, peni ravai.. but he is more of a prop cum hooker cum centre cum winger..

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:26 pm 

comets wrote:
Harden up!!! wrote:
comets wrote:

vickery's weight is exaggerated, being 125 and 6'3 is actually not bad, basically the weight and height of most fijian and samoan flankers..nah in recent years only one prop played 7's for fiji, peni ravai.. but he is more of a prop cum hooker cum centre cum winger..

Henry Tuilagi in his prime on a sevens field, 6.1 130kg................

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 2:31 pm 

comets wrote:

You do realise that Ireland did as well as Fiji in the first Sevens world cup making the semi finals imagine if we had taken it seriously then :P
Anyhow I enjoy 7's and watch the highlights of all the tournaments, I hope Conroy is ok for next week as he is our Perry baker.