Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 4:23 am 

haha, after years of the officious goose-steppin' TSF moderator cadre deleting every 3rd post I ever made there I'm finally banned from The Good Ol' Silver Frown.

Ironically, the ban came in the naughty words thread, for the egregious war crime of asking for a more family-friendly alternate wording for "bukkake-faced cum receptacle."

Holy shit I got a laugh out of that

"He tried to get TSF flagged by google again" bleats one of the dimwitted, distraught little prefects. "He's... he's... he's trying to demonetize us."

LOL. Like I have a fucken plan. Or even a fucken clue. On what planet would such a conniving thought even enter into my dumbarse thinking? Wayyyy overestimating the tiny degree of thought I put into posting on an internet message board.

I see now one of the sad little milk-monitor moderators is going bizarroland scorched earth and deleting every post i've ever made there.

They've also very craftily censored out any possible mention of my fledgling little tinpot forii venture at rugby.boards.net/ lest any bastards deign to join TWO internet message boards on the same internet. Circle the wagons, only one village per villager, visiting neighbouring villages for a look around is **STRICTLY VERBOTEN**.

Not like I expect anyone here to give a shit about any of this but I guess The Silver Frown is NZ's main rugby forum? Any of you pricks ever have any run-ins with the place?

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:43 am 

Just had a look. Shit lay out, barely any traffic. Never heard of it before or expect to again.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:51 am 

Life goal #1 achieved. Well done RR. What a guy!

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 6:23 am 

Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left
Thinly veiled advertisement for a message board. We should leave it in the hope that Comets, mog and friends decide to switch across.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 6:27 am 

Rocky Rockbottom wrote:
Not like I expect anyone here to give a shit about any of this but I guess The Silver Frown is NZ's main rugby forum? Any of you pricks ever have any run-ins with the place?

I don't know about run ins, but it bored me severely with its prissy body builder paradigm. I haven't bothered looking at it in a decade.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 9:18 am 

Enzedder wrote:
Thinly veiled advertisement for a message board.

yeah probly a fair point squire. although no great agenda with my tinpot freebie forus. just dont know where to post rugby shit now. could post here but its a bit chat roomy vicious for me iHomo

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 9:20 am 

Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left
Nah, you're sweet here. Lots of assholes to identify with if you are that way inclined.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 11:08 am 

RR if you believe any form of haka should be left to changing rooms and dance schools and has no place on a modern rugby pitch (as all do in here), then welcome. Otherwise, fudge off noob.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:49 am 

I was there and got banned because I broke the bar rule.

Vokof back to TSF nOOp.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:40 am 

I used to post on TSF back in the day. Even met up with a few at the London round of the International 7s circuit. I was banned too. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:00 pm 

Once, 2005 maybe? PR had shit itself so a bunch of us gathered there. Volty was a modmin there and basically told us to confine ourselves to the lifeboat thread and not engage with anyone...

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:07 pm 

Cant we arrange an invasion of some sort and bombard them with some of the exemplary posting styles of the fine posters on our board?

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:12 pm 

Average Joe wrote:
Cant we arrange an invasion of some sort and bombard them with some of the exemplary posting styles of the fine posters on our board?

I think that's a bannable offence on here. The puppeteers don't like it up 'em

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:26 pm 

Rocky Rockbottom wrote:
haha, after years of the officious goose-steppin' TSF moderator cadre deleting every 3rd post I ever made there I'm finally banned from The Good Ol' Silver Frown.

Ironically, the ban came in the naughty words thread, for the egregious war crime of asking for a more family-friendly alternate wording for "bukkake-faced cum receptacle."

"He tried to get TSF flagged by google again" bleats one of the dimwitted, distraught little prefects. "He's... he's... he's trying to demonetize us."

LOL. Like I have a fucken plan. Or even a fucken clue. On what planet would such a conniving thought even enter into my dumbarse thinking? Wayyyy overestimating the tiny degree of thought I put into posting on an internet message board.

I see now one of the sad little milk-monitor moderators is going bizarroland scorched earth and deleting every post i've ever made there.

They've also very craftily censored out any possible mention of my fledgling little tinpot forii venture at rugby.boards.net/ lest any bastards deign to join TWO internet message boards on the same internet. Circle the wagons, only one village per villager, visiting neighbouring villages for a look around is **STRICTLY VERBOTEN**.

He this post is anything to in by I reckon they probably just banned you for being a knobend.

Should fit right in here.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:18 pm 

Average Joe wrote:

Nah leave them, they dont like afrikaanse posters. There are some great posters, I am still friends with a few of them. Learned a lot of NZ rugby there and a very good tipping compo running. Dunno if Bart is still around but he really is a good rugby expert.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:59 pm 

Average Joe wrote:

The Fliddy saga is still for me the funniest thing that's ever happened on this bored. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:01 pm 

Dismal Pillock.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:24 pm 

Beaver_Shark wrote:
Average Joe wrote:

The Fliddy saga is still for me the funniest thing that's ever happened on this bored. :lol: :lol:

Explain?

Didn’t we invade the mumsnet as well?

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:37 pm 

Taranaki Snapper wrote:
Once, 2005 maybe? PR had shit itself so a bunch of us gathered there. Volty was a modmin there and basically told us to confine ourselves to the lifeboat thread and not engage with anyone...

Anything to stop you cutting and pasting uninteresting news articles ad nauseam.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:33 pm 

I don't mind TSF forum. I visit it regularly but post rarely. It's obviously very NZ -centric but it has some high quality of posters. On Sunday I normally do a round trip of TSF and Green & Gold forums to get the NZ and Australian perspectives on the weekend's games. I don't post much but like to read the match threads on both these forums. Funnily enough I cannot find a South AFrican equivalent.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:35 pm 

Ali's Choice wrote:
I don't mind TSF forum. I visit it regularly but post rarely. It's obviously very NZ -centric but it has some high quality of posters. On Sunday I normally do a round trip of TSF and Green & Gold forums to get the NZ and Australian perspectives on the weekend's games. I don't post much but like to read the match threads on both these forums. Funnily enough I cannot find a South AFrican equivalent.

Keo used to have a forum.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:40 pm 

Flametop wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:

Keo used to have a forum.

Yeah I found it pretty shit. The threads were linked to articles, which severely limited discussion. And most of the posters couldn't produce legible English.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 1:18 am 

Didn't know it existed till now.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 3:37 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:

Your persona on TSF is too mild, but there is strong competition for the Cantabriest Cantab for you there.

To give some balance to this thread, Rocky was a pretty decent if offbeat poster but he deserved to get banned for what he did. He basically Israel Folau-ed himself. Don't do A. Rocky went and did A. The entire thread was about not doing A.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 4:41 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:

PR is South African.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 4:52 am 

mr bungle wrote:
Dismal Pillock.

Now that's a vokken stupid poster. :x

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 5:32 am 

UncleFB wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:

Your persona on TSF is too mild, but there is strong competition for the Cantabriest Cantab for you there.

To give some balance to this thread, Rocky was a pretty decent if offbeat poster but he deserved to get banned for what he did. He basically Israel Folau-ed himself. Don't do A. Rocky went and did A. The entire thread was about not doing A.

Phooey is 10 times the Cantabriest Cantab that AC is, although he barely posts these days.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:03 am 

UncleFB wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:

My login at TSF is a real non-event. Not the least controversial and fairly agreeable. Much like the AC login has been over the past few years and much more like I am offline :blush:

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:29 am 

Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:

Phooey is 10 times the Cantabriest Cantab that AC is, although he barely posts these days.

Sadly, Phooey disappeared early after I joined TSF so I only had limited interactions with him, but Canerbry picked up the slack until he stopped posting regularly (unless someone suggest Aaron Smith had a good game) - Chris (without the B) seems like he's occasionally going to go full crazy Cantabrian at times.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:31 am 

Rocky Rockbottom wrote:

Dismal is that you? Hope so, your talents are wasted on that almost dead GAGR forum, even Cyclo jumped ship.

Last edited by Macrosan on Sat May 18, 2019 6:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:33 am 

Who is this clown OP?

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:34 am 

kovana wrote:
Who is this clown OP?

Not sure, but should you ban him just incase? :smug:

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:37 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:
kovana wrote:
Who is this clown OP?

Not sure, but should you ban him just incase? :smug:

Tempting. Need to make sure he is a multi... then BOOM!

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:54 am 

UncleFB wrote:
Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:

Sadly, Phooey disappeared early after I joined TSF so I only had limited interactions with him, but Canerbry picked up the slack until he stopped posting regularly (unless someone suggest Aaron Smith had a good game) - Chris (without the B) seems like he's occasionally going to go full crazy Cantabrian at times.

SammyC also doesn't mind circling the wagons when required.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:59 am 

Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:

SammyC also doesn't mind circling the wagons when required.

Yeah that's true, he played it safe for a long time after joining before cracking a bit and letting his inner Cantab come out. ACT Crusader has his moments but he's more comedy value than anything else. Stargazer for the Crusaders too.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:07 am 

UncleFB what is your poster name on TSF?

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:25 am 

OomPB wrote:

Nepia.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:29 am 

UncleFB wrote:
OomPB wrote:

Nepia.

Very original. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:31 am 

UncleFB wrote:
OomPB wrote:

Nepia.

:thumbup: One of their best posters!

Gave me a lot of kak. :P

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:33 am 

kovana wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
OomPB wrote:

Nepia.

Very original. :roll:

You need to ban that Dismal Pollock kak. He post in pigeon english. Caused me a warning from Noddy on G&G.