Planet Rugby Forum
http://forum.planetrugby.com/

Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park
http://forum.planetrugby.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=90258
Page 2 of 7

Author:  OomPB [ Tue May 28, 2019 2:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

No Seconds, this is unfair. :x

Author:  Jensrsa [ Tue May 28, 2019 2:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

Quote:
Lions captain and No.8 Warren Whiteley has suffered another setback and will miss his teams Super Rugby Round 16 match against the Stormers in Johannesburg on Saturday.

Whiteley sat out training on Tuesday with kidney stones and a bruised knee.

Whiteley has only featured in four of the Lions 15 matches during their 2019 campaign.

He first tore his pectoral muscle against the Stormers in February, before he bruised his knee.

Now the 31-year-old has been forced to sit out training until his kidney stones have passed.

https://rugby365.com/tournaments/super-rugby/news-super-rugby/new-setback-for-lions-captain

Time to retire Wazza. Unfortunately

Author:  assfly [ Tue May 28, 2019 2:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

That guy should see a witchdoctor. He's cursed.

Author:  handyman [ Tue May 28, 2019 2:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

Jensrsa wrote:
Quote:
Lions captain and No.8 Warren Whiteley has suffered another setback and will miss his teams Super Rugby Round 16 match against the Stormers in Johannesburg on Saturday.

Whiteley sat out training on Tuesday with kidney stones and a bruised knee.

Whiteley has only featured in four of the Lions 15 matches during their 2019 campaign.

He first tore his pectoral muscle against the Stormers in February, before he bruised his knee.

Now the 31-year-old has been forced to sit out training until his kidney stones have passed.

https://rugby365.com/tournaments/super-rugby/news-super-rugby/new-setback-for-lions-captain

Time to retire Wazza. Unfortunately

Geez, how unlucky can one player be?

Author:  Chilli [ Tue May 28, 2019 2:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

Jensrsa wrote:
Quote:
Lions captain and No.8 Warren Whiteley has suffered another setback and will miss his teams Super Rugby Round 16 match against the Stormers in Johannesburg on Saturday.

Whiteley sat out training on Tuesday with kidney stones and a bruised knee.

Whiteley has only featured in four of the Lions 15 matches during their 2019 campaign.

He first tore his pectoral muscle against the Stormers in February, before he bruised his knee.

Now the 31-year-old has been forced to sit out training until his kidney stones have passed.

https://rugby365.com/tournaments/super-rugby/news-super-rugby/new-setback-for-lions-captain

Time to retire Wazza. Unfortunately

Kidney Stones? Poor oke.

Author:  Average Joe [ Tue May 28, 2019 2:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

That's worse than giving birth

Author:  handyman [ Tue May 28, 2019 2:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

Chilli wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
Quote:
Lions captain and No.8 Warren Whiteley has suffered another setback and will miss his teams Super Rugby Round 16 match against the Stormers in Johannesburg on Saturday.

Whiteley sat out training on Tuesday with kidney stones and a bruised knee.

Whiteley has only featured in four of the Lions 15 matches during their 2019 campaign.

He first tore his pectoral muscle against the Stormers in February, before he bruised his knee.

Now the 31-year-old has been forced to sit out training until his kidney stones have passed.

https://rugby365.com/tournaments/super-rugby/news-super-rugby/new-setback-for-lions-captain

Time to retire Wazza. Unfortunately

Kidney Stones? Poor oke.

Drink lots of beer, it will pass with your piss.

Easy as.

Author:  Sandstorm [ Tue May 28, 2019 2:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

31 year old super-fit athlete has kidney stones? Something stinks....... :nod:

Author:  Average Joe [ Tue May 28, 2019 2:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

Sandstorm wrote:
31 year old super-fit athlete has kidney stones? Something stinks....... :nod:

His falafel

Author:  saffer13 [ Tue May 28, 2019 2:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

Lions heavy favorites. Stormers ravaged by injuries again. We'll be lucky to field XV healthy players. For the Stormers, a win and playoff chances are still possible. A loss and we're done.

Apparently, one pundit thinks the following will be the quarters lineup (home team listed first)....we'll see.
Crusaders vs. Highlanders
Jags vs. Sharks

Brumbies vs. Stormers
Hurricanes vs. Rebels

Author:  Jensrsa [ Tue May 28, 2019 3:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

saffer13 wrote:
Lions heavy favorites. Stormers ravaged by injuries again. We'll be lucky to field XV healthy players. For the Stormers, a win and playoff chances are still possible. A loss and we're done.

Apparently, one pundit thinks the following will be the quarters lineup (home team listed first)....we'll see.
Crusaders vs. Highlanders
Jags vs. Sharks

Brumbies vs. Stormers
Hurricanes vs. Rebels

i think the Rebels are going to drop out. They have lost form the last half of the season, only beating the Reds and the Sunwolves.

Author:  saffer13 [ Tue May 28, 2019 4:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

Jensrsa wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
Lions heavy favorites. Stormers ravaged by injuries again. We'll be lucky to field XV healthy players. For the Stormers, a win and playoff chances are still possible. A loss and we're done.

Apparently, one pundit thinks the following will be the quarters lineup (home team listed first)....we'll see.
Crusaders vs. Highlanders
Jags vs. Sharks

Brumbies vs. Stormers
Hurricanes vs. Rebels

i think the Rebels are going to drop out. They have lost form the last half of the season, only beating the Reds and the Sunwolves.

And I think the Lions will replace the Stormers...

Author:  Jensrsa [ Tue May 28, 2019 5:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

saffer13 wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
Lions heavy favorites. Stormers ravaged by injuries again. We'll be lucky to field XV healthy players. For the Stormers, a win and playoff chances are still possible. A loss and we're done.

Apparently, one pundit thinks the following will be the quarters lineup (home team listed first)....we'll see.
Crusaders vs. Highlanders
Jags vs. Sharks

Brumbies vs. Stormers
Hurricanes vs. Rebels

i think the Rebels are going to drop out. They have lost form the last half of the season, only beating the Reds and the Sunwolves.

And I think the Lions will replace the Stormers...

Nah. The Stormers has a guaranteed win against the Sunwolves and will win at least one of the Lions or Sharks games

Author:  Jensrsa [ Tue May 28, 2019 5:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

He's back!

Image

Author:  saffer13 [ Tue May 28, 2019 5:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

Jensrsa wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
Lions heavy favorites. Stormers ravaged by injuries again. We'll be lucky to field XV healthy players. For the Stormers, a win and playoff chances are still possible. A loss and we're done.

Apparently, one pundit thinks the following will be the quarters lineup (home team listed first)....we'll see.
Crusaders vs. Highlanders
Jags vs. Sharks

Brumbies vs. Stormers
Hurricanes vs. Rebels

i think the Rebels are going to drop out. They have lost form the last half of the season, only beating the Reds and the Sunwolves.

And I think the Lions will replace the Stormers...

Nah. The Stormers has a guaranteed win against the Sunwolves and will win at least one of the Lions or Sharks games

Love your mockers appeasement. I think we'll lose both the Lions and Sharks games, unfortunately.

Author:  Jensrsa [ Tue May 28, 2019 5:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

saffer13 wrote:
Love your mockers appeasement. I think we'll lose both the Lions and Sharks games, unfortunately.

I would love to see at least 3 Saffer sides in the play-offs even though none of us will beat the Crusaders in CC

Author:  OomPB [ Tue May 28, 2019 5:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

Vok doesnt matter who play who, in the end the Sadists will win this vokken thing.

I dont care where the Stormers end as long as the Bok star players dont get injured and is ready for the WC.

PsdT is already a worry, next one is Duanne Vermeulen who have been played into the ground.

Author:  OomPB [ Tue May 28, 2019 5:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

and we need Whiteley , fresh and ready.

He is one of our leader players.

Author:  Jensrsa [ Tue May 28, 2019 6:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

OomPB wrote:
and we need Whiteley , fresh and ready.

He is one of our leader players.

Sorry Oom. I think Wazza is done. Pity

Author:  saffer13 [ Tue May 28, 2019 6:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

OomPB wrote:
Vok doesnt matter who play who, in the end the Sadists will win this vokken thing.

I dont care where the Stormers end as long as the Bok star players dont get injured and is ready for the WC.

PsdT is already a worry, next one is Duanne Vermeulen who have been played into the ground.

Agree with all that.

OomPB wrote:
and we need Whiteley , fresh and ready.

He is one of our leader players.

Disagree. He's a liability.

Author:  OomPB [ Tue May 28, 2019 6:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

Jensrsa wrote:
OomPB wrote:
and we need Whiteley , fresh and ready.

He is one of our leader players.

Sorry Oom. I think Wazza is done. Pity

Nierstene is kak, I nearly died of that but learn to drink at least one beer per night to keep that out of the system (maybe two for a soutpiel). I am worried about the knee. Thats may keep him out.

Author:  OomPB [ Tue May 28, 2019 6:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

saffer13 wrote:
OomPB wrote:
and we need Whiteley , fresh and ready.

He is one of our leader players.

Disagree. He's a liability.

You have a short memory. He have BMT.

Author:  Jensrsa [ Tue May 28, 2019 6:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

OomPB wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
OomPB wrote:
and we need Whiteley , fresh and ready.

He is one of our leader players.

Sorry Oom. I think Wazza is done. Pity

Nierstene is kak, I nearly died of that but learn to drink at least one beer per night to keep that out of the system (maybe two for a soutpiel). I am worried about the knee. Thats may keep him out.

I'm worried that as soon as he get over one injury he gets another unrelated injury.

I'm a Wazza fan, have been for years, but i think it's time he retires for his own sake. Start focusing on coaching at the Lions

Author:  Jensrsa [ Tue May 28, 2019 6:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

saffer13 wrote:
OomPB wrote:
Vok doesnt matter who play who, in the end the Sadists will win this vokken thing.

I dont care where the Stormers end as long as the Bok star players dont get injured and is ready for the WC.

PsdT is already a worry, next one is Duanne Vermeulen who have been played into the ground.

Agree with all that.

OomPB wrote:
and we need Whiteley , fresh and ready.

He is one of our leader players.

Disagree. He's a liability.

Depends on how you define liability.

Great leader on the field, great within the Lions game plan. But within the Boks there is no balance in the back three when he and Kolisi play together

Author:  Jensrsa [ Wed May 29, 2019 8:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

Quote:
Lions flyhalf Elton Jantjies looks likely to miss Saturday's Super Rugby encounter against the Stormers in Johannesburg.

According to Netwerk24, the Springbok pivot is ill and news from the Lions camp is that he won't be ready to face the Capetonians.

Jantjies was a mere spectator at the Lions' training session on Tuesday, with Shaun Reynolds practicing at flyhalf.

https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/lions-set-to-face-stormers-without-jantjies-20190529

:(
Game Stormers

Author:  Jensrsa [ Wed May 29, 2019 8:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

Trivia:
– The Lions have won four of their last six Super Rugby matches against the Stormers (D1, L1), dipping to a two-point defeat in their last encounter.

– The Lions have won nine of their last 11 Super Rugby games at Emirates Airlines Park, with two of those last three wins coming after having trailed at the half-time interval.

– The Stormers have won their last three South African derbies on the bounce in Super Rugby, each by a margin of no more than five points.

– The Lions have been awarded 12 penalties per game thus far in Super Rugby 2019, the most of any team in the competition.

– Pieter-Steph du Toit (Stormers) has made 13 tackles per game this Super Rugby campaign, the third most of any player in the competition and more than any other South African.

Author:  Chilli [ Wed May 29, 2019 8:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

Jensrsa wrote:

Jantjies was a mere spectator at the Lions' training session on Tuesday, with Shaun Reynolds practicing at flyhalf.

https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/lions-set-to-face-stormers-without-jantjies-20190529


Who?

Author:  Jensrsa [ Wed May 29, 2019 8:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

Chilli wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:

Jantjies was a mere spectator at the Lions' training session on Tuesday, with Shaun Reynolds practicing at flyhalf.

https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/lions-set-to-face-stormers-without-jantjies-20190529


Who?

Second choice back-up flyhalf with Gianni Lombard out injured for the rest of the year. Played 4 games this year and started against the Saders

Author:  OomPB [ Wed May 29, 2019 9:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

Jensrsa wrote:
Chilli wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:

Jantjies was a mere spectator at the Lions' training session on Tuesday, with Shaun Reynolds practicing at flyhalf.

https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/lions-set-to-face-stormers-without-jantjies-20190529


Who?

Second choice back-up flyhalf with Gianni Lombard out injured for the rest of the year. Played 4 games this year and started against the Saders

Will be nice to have a Jantjies skakelpaar backup for the Springbokke

Author:  saffer13 [ Wed May 29, 2019 1:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

OomPB wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
OomPB wrote:
and we need Whiteley , fresh and ready.

He is one of our leader players.

Disagree. He's a liability.

You have a short memory. He have BMT.

In SR...two years ago, yes.

Author:  OomPB [ Wed May 29, 2019 2:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

saffer13 wrote:
OomPB wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
OomPB wrote:
and we need Whiteley , fresh and ready.

He is one of our leader players.

Disagree. He's a liability.

You have a short memory. He have BMT.

In SR...two years ago, yes.

You missed the most important win in the last decade. Not unexpected.

Author:  Jensrsa [ Wed May 29, 2019 5:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

Jaco Coetzee has a tough job to do as the Stormers only real fetcher up against Marx, Schoeman and Kwagga

2019 Turnover specialists:

Pilfers/Forced Penalties = Total

Du'plessis Kirifi 4/9 = 13
Malcolm Marx 4/6 = 10
Lachlan Boshier 5/4 = 9
Duane Vermeulen 5/4 = 9
Ardie Savea 7/1 = 8
Liam Wright 1/7 = 8
Marnus Schoeman 2/6 = 8
Augustin Creevy 4/3 = 7
Kwagga Smith 4/3 = 7
Matt Todd 3/4 = 7

Author:  OomPB [ Wed May 29, 2019 6:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

Jensrsa wrote:
Jaco Coetzee has a tough job to do as the Stormers only real fetcher up against Marx, Schoeman and Kwagga

2019 Turnover specialists:

Pilfers/Forced Penalties = Total

Du'plessis Kirifi 4/9 = 13
Malcolm Marx 4/6 = 10
Lachlan Boshier 5/4 = 9
Duane Vermeulen 5/4 = 9
Ardie Savea 7/1 = 8
Liam Wright 1/7 = 8
Marnus Schoeman 2/6 = 8
Augustin Creevy 4/3 = 7
Kwagga Smith 4/3 = 7
Matt Todd 3/4 = 7

He' ll take them. Most underrated in SA.

Author:  saffer13 [ Wed May 29, 2019 9:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

We don't bother with turnovers because our 10 will just kick it away anyway.

Author:  Jensrsa [ Thu May 30, 2019 11:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

Lions – 15 Andries Coetzee, 14 Courtnall Skosan, 13 Lionel Mapoe, 12 Harold Vorster, 11 Aphiwe Dyantyi, 10 Shaun Reynolds, 9 Ross Cronjé, 8 Kwagga Smith (c), 7 Vincent Tshituka, 6 Cyle Brink, 5 Marvin Orie, 4 Stephan Lewies, 3 Carlü Sadie, 2 Malcolm Marx, 1 Dylan Smith.
Subs: 16 Jan-Henning Campher, 17 Sti Sithole, 18 Johannes Jonker, 19 Reinhard Nothnagel, 20 Marnus Schoeman, 21 Hacjivah Dayimani, 22 Nic Groom, 23 Tyrone Green.

Jantjies dropped for breaking team protocol

Author:  handyman [ Thu May 30, 2019 11:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

Jensrsa wrote:
Lions – 15 Andries Coetzee, 14 Courtnall Skosan, 13 Lionel Mapoe, 12 Harold Vorster, 11 Aphiwe Dyantyi, 10 Shaun Reynolds, 9 Ross Cronjé, 8 Kwagga Smith (c), 7 Vincent Tshituka, 6 Cyle Brink, 5 Marvin Orie, 4 Stephan Lewies, 3 Carlü Sadie, 2 Malcolm Marx, 1 Dylan Smith.
Subs: 16 Jan-Henning Campher, 17 Sti Sithole, 18 Johannes Jonker, 19 Reinhard Nothnagel, 20 Marnus Schoeman, 21 Hacjivah Dayimani, 22 Nic Groom, 23 Tyrone Green.

Jantjies dropped for breaking team protocol

Not what you expect from a senior player in a RWC year.

Author:  Jensrsa [ Thu May 30, 2019 12:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

handyman wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
Lions – 15 Andries Coetzee, 14 Courtnall Skosan, 13 Lionel Mapoe, 12 Harold Vorster, 11 Aphiwe Dyantyi, 10 Shaun Reynolds, 9 Ross Cronjé, 8 Kwagga Smith (c), 7 Vincent Tshituka, 6 Cyle Brink, 5 Marvin Orie, 4 Stephan Lewies, 3 Carlü Sadie, 2 Malcolm Marx, 1 Dylan Smith.
Subs: 16 Jan-Henning Campher, 17 Sti Sithole, 18 Johannes Jonker, 19 Reinhard Nothnagel, 20 Marnus Schoeman, 21 Hacjivah Dayimani, 22 Nic Groom, 23 Tyrone Green.

Jantjies dropped for breaking team protocol

Not what you expect from a senior player in a RWC year.

Not sure what he did. Earlier this week reports were that he sat out training because he was ill

Author:  OomPB [ Thu May 30, 2019 12:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

Jensrsa wrote:
handyman wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
Lions – 15 Andries Coetzee, 14 Courtnall Skosan, 13 Lionel Mapoe, 12 Harold Vorster, 11 Aphiwe Dyantyi, 10 Shaun Reynolds, 9 Ross Cronjé, 8 Kwagga Smith (c), 7 Vincent Tshituka, 6 Cyle Brink, 5 Marvin Orie, 4 Stephan Lewies, 3 Carlü Sadie, 2 Malcolm Marx, 1 Dylan Smith.
Subs: 16 Jan-Henning Campher, 17 Sti Sithole, 18 Johannes Jonker, 19 Reinhard Nothnagel, 20 Marnus Schoeman, 21 Hacjivah Dayimani, 22 Nic Groom, 23 Tyrone Green.

Jantjies dropped for breaking team protocol

Not what you expect from a senior player in a RWC year.

Not sure what he did. Earlier this week reports were that he sat out training because he was ill

He did not change his hair cut

Author:  Average Joe [ Thu May 30, 2019 12:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

Probably sent in a doctors note and then went on out the piss.

Author:  Jensrsa [ Thu May 30, 2019 12:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rd 16: Lions vs Stormers @ Ellis Park

Average Joe wrote:
Probably sent in a doctors note and then went on out the piss.

:lol:

Haven't had a chance to celebrate his new baby yet

Page 2 of 7 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/