Lineups

Officials
Referee: Graham Cooper
AR1: Mark Sheriff
AR2: Tyler Miller
TMO: Johnson Lee

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 4:41 am 

Aussie connections in the Kagifa side:

• Sione Tuipulotu  - centre, Rebels first 'home grown' player (Melb. Southern Districts)
  • Ah-mu Tuimalealiifano - centre, ex Rebels squad and Sunnybank
  • David Feliuai - wing, Sunnybank
  • Tim Sippel  - halfback, ex-Rebels U20 and now Sunnybank
  • JP Sauni  - hooker, signed to Tahs squad
  • Mark Royal - prop had a stint with Kalamunda in Perth

Also for tonight's Indigenous Appreciation match against Kagifa Samoa, a number of Force players will wear hand-painted boots which will be donated following the game to raise funds for the Earbus Foundation. Each pair of boots was painted by high school students in the Guildford Indigenous Program.

:thumbup:

Last edited by kiap on Fri May 31, 2019 6:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 5:20 am 

kiap wrote:

• Sione Tuipulotu  - centre, Rebels first 'home grown' player (Melb. Southern Districts)

Also for tonight's Indigenous Appreciation match against Kagifa Samoa, a number of Force players will wear hand-painted boots which will be donated following the game to raise funds for the Earbus Foundation. Each pair of boots was painted by high school students in the Guildford Indigenous Program.

JP Sauni is another one with an Aussie connection.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 5:34 am 

Working Class Rugger wrote:
JP Sauni is another one with an Aussie connection.

:thumbup: Yep, Reg at GAGR mentioned him but I forgot to add him here.

Apparently Mark Royal (Counties Manukau Steelers prop) played a few seeasons at Kalamunda in Perth also

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 6:44 am 

more samoans in this kafiga team.... Force by 30.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 8:07 am 

Talented kids :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 11:11 am 

Bump 8)

Heading to the game ...

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 11:40 am 

kiap wrote:

Bump 8)

Heading to the game ...

I can't stop watching that clip

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 12:34 pm 

kiap wrote:

• JP Sauni  - hooker, signed to Tahs squad
  • Mark Royal - prop had a stint with Kalamunda in Perth

any samoan connections in the force? is that stowers lad from samoa? I thought I remember seeing a doco about pacific development rugby and one of the samoan players got a contract from the force, he was a loose forward by the name of stowers.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 12:54 pm 

grievous wrote:
kiap wrote:

Bump 8)

Heading to the game ...

I can't stop watching that clip

Is she saying o shit or watch it?

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 1:13 pm 

henry stowers is the samoa number 8 lol

anyhoo, that force 9 needs to be playing soup...and if not, wonder if fiji can get him and cap him ..

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 1:17 pm 

lol league, 2 punches thrown yellow card for samoa 18and force 5

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 1:26 pm 

comets wrote:
anyhoo, that force 9 needs to be playing soup...and if not, wonder if fiji can get him and cap him ..

Soup sux mate :)

21 - 0 HT

Good crowd in

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 1:59 pm 

Mismatch this...Samoa HB is huuuuuge

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 2:02 pm 

49-0 12mins to go, could cross 60

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 2:19 pm 

63-5 samoa try was fun...

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 2:20 pm 

So, the comp hasn’t started off in a great way, in terms of competitiveness.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 2:22 pm 

Yourmother wrote:

Besides this game it has been competitive, Fiji team was competitive vs force and surprisingly the samoa team was competitive with the fijian team, I voted force by 15+ I thought the force where way to structured and disciplined for the samoan/PI team, but I did not think it was going to be this dire, maybe a 20-25 point winning margin.

Have to remember the force have a little advantage over the other teams by actually having some time together, playing games together and stuff last year.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 2:25 pm 

Average Joe wrote:
Is she saying o shit or watch it?

"Loser"

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 2:59 pm 

she actually said "oi" ..

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 3:46 pm 

Harden up!!! wrote:
Yourmother wrote:

Besides this game it has been competitive, Fiji team was competitive vs force and surprisingly the samoa team was competitive with the fijian team, I voted force by 15+ I thought the force where way to structured and disciplined for the samoan/PI team, but I did not think it was going to be this dire, maybe a 20-25 point winning margin.

Have to remember the force have a little advantage over the other teams by actually having some time together, playing games together and stuff last year.

Haven’t the farce looked like and have won all games against everyone else?

Comp possibly needs some SA refs to level the playing field.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 4:10 pm 

Yourmother wrote:
Harden up!!! wrote:

Harden up is correct. Force is an established team and has played 20+ games in the last twelve months. This is Kagifa's second match.

Still, the Force previous win margins in this showcase comp were: 10, 23, 32, 4, 34, 12. So tonight was a blow-out for the Samoan squad. Their try at the end, though, was brilliant:

https://www.facebook.com/rapidrugby/vid ... 0647/?t=10

There is enough to work with. A normal round of recruiting, add some marquee players and a full pre-season and this team gets better. Force have set the mark.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 5:04 pm 

kiap wrote:
Yourmother wrote:
Harden up!!! wrote:

Harden up is correct. Force is an established team and has played 20+ games in the last twelve months. This is Kagifa's second match.

Still, the Force previous win margins in this showcase comp were: 10, 23, 32, 4, 34, 12. So tonight was a blow-out for the Samoan squad. Their try at the end, though, was brilliant:

https://www.facebook.com/rapidrugby/vid ... 0647/?t=10

There is enough to work with. A normal round of recruiting, add some marquee players and a full pre-season and this team gets better. Force have set the mark.

Which teams will be able to afford good players in the medium term, let alone the short term?

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 5:23 pm 

Yourmother wrote:
Which teams will be able to afford good players in the medium term, let alone the short term?

I sense that is a rhetorical question. :o Just make it a statement ... you tell me.

What you know about a lack of cash flow here, or otherwise ... regarding players?

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 5:50 pm 

Well, perhaps it will be competitive when the Force start struggling after initial pool of funding runs out, and they fail to attract/keep players.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:20 am 

Yourmother wrote:
funding runs out, and they fail to attract/keep players.

That sounds like Supe, cuz... solid player base but not as good as it once was, as the Sanzaar subsidies from test broadcast revenues can't keep up. We'll see if that can turn around. It's gonna need the WR Nations Championship to deliver.

Rapid Rugby, on the other hand, is starting on a lower base. Player recruitment increases for next season. Marquee players will be paid by the league, not the teams. The teams then add solid players to the squads - good players but not superstars - and, when brought together with longer preparation (e.g. a normal preseason) it will be enough to be competitive.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:40 am 

Blow outs happen in super rugby between long established teams, also even in the comps up north, sometimes teams come back from blow outs to do really well in the rest of the competition, its a bit early to be spouting doom because of one blow out, if it is other things those concerns where always there before the season even started.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:42 am 

was i the only one interested in the female assistant referee on the other side? .. a hottie...tall too ;)

Last edited by comets on Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:43 am 

comets wrote:
was i the only one interested in the female assistant referee on the other side? .. a hottie...tall too ;)

that other soccer referee thread has corrupted you.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:50 am 

Harden up!!! wrote:
any samoan connections in the force? is that stowers lad from samoa? I thought I remember seeing a doco about pacific development rugby and one of the samoan players got a contract from the force, he was a loose forward by the name of stowers.

Yep ...

AJ Alatimu
Rodney Iona
Henry Taefu
Henry Stowers

First three with Samoa caps :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:53 am 

kiap wrote:
Harden up!!! wrote:

Yep ...

AJ Alatimu
Rodney Iona
Henry Taefu
Henry Stowers

First three with Samoa caps :thumbup:

I hope henry stowers gets a cap, samoa needs all the help it can get, but quite honestly you could give us the abs squad and I think with our management they would still not make it out of the world cup pool, while the ABs with the samoa squad might actually challenge to make it out of their pool. Look at the blues if you do not believe me on how management is crucial to teams successes. Sorry the boos

Nice the first five is a samoan cap, always need those, poor Tusi Pusi is getting really old.

Last edited by Harden up!!! on Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:04 am 

Yeah, Manu Samoa lost their way recent times.

Need the off-field - management and admin - to be doing the right things.

That's not limited to a place like Samoa, mind you. Australian rugby is a basket case right now - our days at the top of the table are gone. Will remain that way too, unless there is a reboot.

For Samoa, I think there are a few doors for their future turnaround. A seat at WR is now a start for them. I think Rapid Rugby could be another help in getting players an opportunity.

What Fiji have done with the Drua, and now Latui, helps them IMO. Can be a template also for Samoa.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:08 am 

kiap wrote:
Yeah, Manu Samoa lost their way recent times.

Need the off-field - management and admin - to be doing the right things.

That's not limited to a place like Samoa, mind you. Australian rugby is a basket case right now - our days at the top of the table are gone. Will remain that way too, unless there is a reboot.

For Samoa, I think there are a few doors for their future turnaround. A seat at WR is now a start for them. I think Rapid Rugby could be another help in getting players an opportunity.

What Fiji have done with the Drua, and now Latui, helps them IMO. Can be a template also for Samoa.

The problem with samoa starts at the top the PM, surely he has his hands too full running the country to be bothered with running the rugby union too?

I think rapid rugby actually does a service for the whole region, the asia pacific, its another net that retains and gives local players the opportunity to showcase what they have and develop, yes even the great Australia and even NZ can benefit because its another pathway for player retention and development which they can have access to because many of the players could qualify for them.,

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:20 am 

Harden up!!! wrote:
The problem with samoa starts at the top the PM, surely he has his hands too full running the country to be bothered with running the rugby union too?

I think rapid rugby actually does a service for the whole region, the asia pacific, its another net that retains and gives local players the opportunity to showcase what they have and develop, yes even the great Australia and even NZ can benefit because its another pathway for player retention and development which they can have access to because many of the players could qualify for them.,

:thumbup: Yep, rugby in our Asia Pacific region needs to be stepping up. Europe and the Americas are moving forward, we can't be standing still.

Re: the PM - yeah unusual, for sure. Other than the SRU being downgraded by WR for a while (obviously no longer the case) due to irregulaties/omissions on the books, I don't know enough about the off-field history there.

But I'd like to think a transition to a non-political (plus competent) leadership could happen from here. Dunno.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:24 am 

kiap wrote:
Harden up!!! wrote:

:thumbup: Yep, rugby in our Asia Pacific region needs to be stepping up. Europe and the Americas are moving forward, we can't be standing still.

Re: the PM - yeah unusual, for sure. Other than the SRU being downgraded by WR for a while (obviously no longer the case) due to irregulaties/omissions on the books, I don't know enough about the off-field history there.

But I'd like to think a transition to a non-political (and competent) leadership could happen from here. Dunno.

Its a shame because they had a really good group of players 2010-2014 and a opportunity to really build on momemtum with recruiting and everything off the back of team success, and with the resources they have available that could be a rare thing to get a group like that together again. but I believe mahonri schwalger, the team did well in spite of management, i have met him many many times and talked with him. I have much respect for him, weird he was winning soup rugby with the chiefs but could not even make the bench for samoa.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:35 am 

comets wrote:

Local Perth lass, Tyler Miller

http://www.territorystories.nt.gov.au/b ... 13030x.pdf

- has officiated on the Women's World Sevens circuit as well. Was in Paris this time last year, I believe. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:37 am 

yea samoa has had better players between 2010-2014 capable of beating tier 1 teams than fiji has ever had..though fiji's issue is shitty coaches getting more shitty coaches to help them, we all know the shitstorm that was the 2011RWC for fiji and now they fired the best defensive coach fiji has had in a while (peter ryan) and replaced him with the arsehole that effed it for us at the 2015RWC (tabai matson) :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:55 am 

comets wrote:
yea samoa has had better players between 2010-2014 capable of beating tier 1 teams than fiji has ever had..though fiji's issue is shitty coaches getting more shitty coaches to help them, we all know the shitstorm that was the 2011RWC for fiji and now they fired the best defensive coach fiji has had in a while (peter ryan) and replaced him with the arsehole that effed it for us at the 2015RWC (tabai matson) :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I wouldn't go that far..........