Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:23 pm 

grievous wrote:
village wrote:
2 weeks ago things were far quieter than now so I'm not surprised it didn't seem much then. Also the real violence is happening away from central and TST: Hung Hom, Tuen Mun, Tsuen Wan, Yuen Long, Shatin, Tung Chung - not really places the sex tourists frequent ;)

People go to HK for rub n tugs?? Thought that died out 50 years ago. Wan Chai is a crèche compared to Makati or Patpong

Makati is nothing compared to either these days. In a couple of years that strip will be almost completely gone. Area has some very cool bars and restaurants. That will continue to gentrify.

If you are talking about dodgy massage places then Singapore is worse than Makati.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:27 pm 

Denirostaxidriver wrote:
grievous wrote:
village wrote:
2 weeks ago things were far quieter than now so I'm not surprised it didn't seem much then. Also the real violence is happening away from central and TST: Hung Hom, Tuen Mun, Tsuen Wan, Yuen Long, Shatin, Tung Chung - not really places the sex tourists frequent ;)

People go to HK for rub n tugs?? Thought that died out 50 years ago. Wan Chai is a crèche compared to Makati or Patpong

Makati is nothing compared to either these days. In a couple of years that strip will be almost completely gone. Area has some very cool bars and restaurants. That will continue to gentrify.

If you are talking about dodgy massage places then Singapore is worse than Makati.

Fair enough I was last in Manila in early noughties.
Im sure there are Asian posters with up to date lists.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:05 am 

I just read a piece in "The New Yorker" of 16th December 2019 titled "Hong Kong's Protest Movement and the Fight for the City's Soul" by Jiayang Fang.

It is worth reading, pretty easy to download it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:02 am 

Good to see Taiwan government was returned much to China's anger. HK uprising played a part in the result.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:50 am 

Interesting history between HKG and the ROC. Back in the good old, bad old, days of overt police (and other) corruption in Hong Kong, before the establishment of the ICAC, a lot of suspects decamped from Hong Kong to live in Taiwan. There was no extradition arrangement, of course, in those days. I wonder whether their descendants (or even some of those original fugitives) are politically active.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8